Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- robtbrown: Why is McCarrick still a Cardinal?
- robtbrown: At KU I enrolled in a course in Ancient Philosophy taught by a man who was neither Christian nor Jew. When he was speaking about the Sophists, he said they were the sociologis ts of...
- HvonBlumenthal: Would it not help if clergy were required to wear proper cassocks at all times? An SSPX priest of my acquaintan ce tells me it is a remarkably effective aid to staying on the...
- Imrahil: Well, dear Geoffrey, I think you did receive the minor order of acolyte (though not the order of subdeacon) ; the difference is that Church law draws the line between a cleric and a...
- Paul of St Paul: The Rod Dreher story and another of his I found in his twitter feed, + his readerR 17;s comments have opened mine eyes. A man like that could become a prince of the church. And...
- HvonBlumenthal: If the Pope has forgotten that he received a letter, it will not be the first time. Remember Barros?
- stephen c: Well …. the forsaken pagans of Ireland voted for a system where the war between people who want fetuses dead upon demand, on the one side, and on the other side people who want the...
- trespinos: Another military force, another academy, the students of which institutio n will be known as space cadets. (h/t to the droll tweeter whose name I wish I could remember)
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: Silence implies consent?
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Heterodoxy is a huge red flag. If a priest publicly dissents from the moral law, why should we be surprised to find him failing to conform his life to that same law that he...
- restoration: Hmmm… ;ordained by Cardinal Spellman in 1958. Who wants to bet that Uncle Ted’ s homosexual ity goes all the way back to at least the beginning of his priesthood ? If he was...
- byzantinesteve: I remember that Cardinal Mccarrick was one of the original authors/si gners of the Land O Lakes Statement. He set out to destroy (and succeeded) Catholic higher education in this...
- Charles E Flynn: @Teomatteo : https://ww w.reddit.c om/r/Stanl eyKubrick/ comments/1 n5d2a/a11_ work_and_n o_play_by_ mark_engle rt/ For the record, the talented artist does not believe in this...
- Charles E Flynn: I am waiting to see if anything special happens on day 666.
- richiedel: Dear Anita Moore, T.O.P., I was going to respond to your comment by not responding to it and so prove your point, but then I thought you might think I was ignoring you, but then I...
- Eric: Every bishop that knew and did nothing should resign or be forced to do so. Semi-Chile an Protocol. On the bright side of things, the SSPX is ordaining strong orthodox men today in Virgin...
- Fr. Kelly: Keep praying for Fr. Phillips. As the memo says: We now prayerfull y await the response of His Eminence, Blase Cardinal Cupich, Archbishop of Chicago, for the return of our pastor. Pray...
- MrsMacD: Yay! My heart rejoices. Something told me that it was a wicked injustice. Blessed be God. St. Joseph please pray for Father McCrae. Don’ t forget your priests O Lord, you are all...
- VP: While the priests are made out to be the monsters, the bishops as a group, so many of whom are sexually or otherwise corrupted, are now the real problem. And if the bishops have to sacrif...
- teomatteo: I wouldnR 17;t trust the leadership in the Vatican with my guppy. River or no river.
- Dimitri_Cavalli: Forgot the link, http://dig italarchiv e.wilsonce nter.org/d ocument/11 0705
- Dimitri_Cavalli: The Soviet defector and KGB archivist Vasili Mitrokhin made handwritte n copies and summaries of thousands of documents. A big one is posted online at the Wilson Center Digital...
- The Astronomer: I grew up and then worked for the U.S. Government in Central NJ when “Unc le Ted” held high ecclesial office here. It was an open secret among heterosexu al, orthodox RC...
- Kenneth Wolfe: Father Kelly — When speaking of who may serve as subdeacon at a Missa Solemnis, I don’ t believe there are many people who would interpret “par ticular appropriat e...
- Kenneth Wolfe: “Why were so many journalist s willing to let the rumors go unexplored ?” Ditto for Newark Cardinal “Nig hty Night, Baby. I love you.” ; Has anyone in the...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Concerning Card. McCarrick
- URGENT UPDATE – Fr. Phillips EXONERATED! UPDATED!
- Dubious dubia about the Dubia
- JUST TOO COOL: SPACE FORCE!
- ASK FATHER: What can the acolyte do and wear?
- Day 1 #ActonU – Getting Started – Days and Deaths
- “Disinformation” and some notes about the World Council of Churches
- Catholic? Why?
- “Perdonamose!” Midsummer Snails, John’s Birthday Feast and You.
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: The South
- Pres. Trump and the Brown Scapular
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Pentecost: “HEY YOU!” *smack*
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Surprise article at Commonweal about participation in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Speaking of Eucharistic Processions…
- WDTPRS: 11th Ordinary Sunday – ‘firmness’ and ‘infirmity, ‘intention’ and ‘action’
- QUIZ: What is this thing? – SOLVED!
- “The finest rosaries I have ever seen” have… returned! – UPDATES
- GREEN! Photos of green vestments for Solemn Mass in production, and a pitch
- 14 June – Elisha, Old Testament Prophet: salt, bears and you.
- READER FEEDBACK to post: Why we Say The Black and Do The Red
- ASK FATHER: Validity of sacraments from a schismatic priest
- A great restoration @CathedralStPaul
- Terrific photos of traditional rite ordination in England!
- Concerning @JamesMartinSJ talking at Vatican @LaityFamilyLife sponsored @WMOF2018
- BEER @MONKSOFNORCIA PROGRESS
- Your Sunday Sermon Note Belated
- Are you downsizing? Be careful!
- Just to put your day into perspective
- ASK FATHER: Celebrate Prudence and not “Pride”!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Challenge Coins
I was made aware of this by a reader. I happily endorse one idea one priest had while I entirely repudiate a bad old cliché from another.
Castleton symbol of Lent: sand in holy water fonts
Alas, the silly season drags on.
However, … Continue reading
You may recall that I had challenge coins made. I’ve been giving and exchanging here and there, as well as receiving from kind readers.
One just came in from an interesting organization: Catholic War Veterans. Appropriate.
I was unaware of this organization.
Many … Continue reading
On the topic of Challenge Coins, I received a text from an NYPD cop who will be at tonight’s game between the noble small-market, well-deserving Twins and the arrogant, effete, big-market hated Yankees. He is, woe betide, unrepenting in his support … Continue reading
I have received several emails from priests who have upcoming Jubilees as well as from men who will soon be ordained. They, too, want to have challenge coins made as I did for my 25th. They wanted to know where/how I … Continue reading
I’ve been busy with the Challenge Coin project. More have gone out to friends and donors, two yesterday, a couple more today.
It’s been awhile since we heard about the doings of Tracer Bullet, Private Eye. I think the last update was … Continue reading
Speaking of Challenge Coins and speaking of Amazon (as I did HERE), here’s more fun.
One of you kind readers, MA, sent a madeleine pan from my main Wish List. Many thanks, MA!
This is how the pan arrived.
Hmmm, that doesn’t look … Continue reading
Firstly, I am having a great time with my Challenge Coins. I’ve been sending them out to a select group of military, LEOs, and others, including NASA and CIA types. I’m getting notes back that they’ve been received. I have … Continue reading
Originally Published on: Apr 7, 2017
I had mentioned a while back that I resolved to have a challenge coin made. I figured I’d start with one for my 25th anniversary. This is what we have come up with so … Continue reading
Some reader feedback.
First, I received a great note from a seminarian who benefit from the generosity of one of you readers out there.
For more on the BIRETTA PROJECT go HERE
Next, a snail mail card from a fellow in Fresno, CA … Continue reading