You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- benedictgal said Considering that Fr. Ruff was behind this survey,...
- Sam Schmitt said For most of the critics of the new translation, th...
- Animadversor said Please pray for me as I deal with very grave inter...
- Athelstan said gjp, That’s the translation of the collect i...
- Mamma B said “I eagerly await the foundation of the Presi...
- lampada said APX said: I know there’s also an intrinsic conn...
- newyork said The survey seems deficient. First, only 32 of 178...
- Vox Laudis said For the upcoming pastoral re-assignments in our di...
- gjp said http://www.walsingham-church.org/site/Liturgical_N...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The 1973 ICEL example Fr. Z cites seems to be some...
- OrthodoxChick said mamajen, He’s such a cutie!! I love the tie...
- frjim4321 said I was at a very large con-celebrated mass today du...
- gjp said I became an altar boy in 1987 in the diocese of th...
- bookworm said Speaking of being prepared, I recently stumbled ac...
- e.e. said The news showed some cell phone video footage that...
- Fr Martin Fox said Catholic Hokie: The practice you describe–us...
- FXR2 said Father z, When I was an altar boy in the...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said This probably won’t matter much to most peop...
- Suz. from Oklah. said Not only is Oklahoma a praying state, but it’...
- StJude said mamajen… oh my that is one cute baby!!! Cong...
- Andkaras said I have regretfully never had one of such” re...
- Athelstan said As an aside, Fr. Z’s inclusion of the new an...
- Charles E Flynn said My experience: A priest who, before the new transl...
- The Egyptian said I have been thinking along this line for a while,...
- Athelstan said “I suppose it’s just the mindset of those wh...
- onosurf said Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
- Robbie said I don’t often leave comments, but when I do...
- BobP said >First, if you don’t like the new translation,...
- friarpark said We have a situation where a lot of the old transla...
- APX said I eagerly await the foundation of the Presiders As...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: Chick-fil-A
Bishops and priests… pay attention!
On EWTN I read:
The Oregon state attorney general’s office is investigating a Christian baker who declined to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple.
Aaron Klein, owner of the Gresham, Ore. bakery Sweet Cakes by Melissa, … Continue reading
The last week brought some of the more challenging days I have had in some years. I thought I would have a slight breather, but, no.
On Friday I made it to Florida to visit my mother for a bit. … Continue reading
From the Washington Times (the sane paper of the Capitol city):
Chick-fil-A still ruffling [Chicago alderman] Proco Joe Moreno’s feathers
By Peter V. Bella [retired Chicago Police Officer, freelance journalist and photojournalist, cook, and raconteur. WDTPRS likes retired cops... a lot.]
CHICAGO August … Continue reading
Yesterday – I forgot to post this – the Oxford English Dictionary‘s Word of the Day was appropriate both for the Olympics but also -if you stumble into the pronunciation trap English sets for us all – for Chick-fil-A Appreciation … Continue reading
Someone sent me this quote. I am not sure of the provenance:
Thanks to [Gov. Mike] Huckabee’s call [on his show on FNC] and the response Chick-Fil-A may have managed to gross more money Wednesday than Newsweek lost all of last … Continue reading
For Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day, a friend sent me this spiffy photo of real nuns.
I’ll bet the Magisterium of Nuns has boycotted Chick-fil-A.
Tonight I will make chicken in solidarity with Chick-fil-A.
By the way… on Monday I ate beef, because Pres. Obama’s … Continue reading
Talk radio guy and “friend and ally of Rome” Hugh Hewitt has a piece in The Examiner.
Here in the heart of America’s wine industry, the Napa Institute brings together a few hundred Catholics in the company of many of the … Continue reading