Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- David: Fr. — Do you have any idea how the cappa magna avoided being abolished? One might have thought it number one on the hit list of ‘Ut sive sollicite& #8217;. [Well̷ 0; it was...
- iPadre: Agreed, who cares about a solitary Armenian bishop. If it were to happen in the Catholic Church, I believe there would be a major revolt, especially in light of every thing else that has...
- Ivan: “It’ s okay for muslims to have calls to prayer from the tops of towers, but not Catholics. ” If we, the most ‘off icial̵ 7; Christians did not have asked for our...
- Andrew: I hope her name is not Kardashian .
- Geoffrey: I have to say that I am surprised that papal honours are still being distribute d during this pontificat e. I believe I heard that the Holy Father put a stop to appointing any new Gentl...
- Vincent1967: I was horrified to see this. I cannot believe that diplomatic niceties trump the defence of the absolute dignity of every human being from conception until natural death. I donR...
- Mat. Anna: These are non-Chalce donions, not Orthodox, just for anyone here who might be confused. [So, even less significan t.] This has been recently addressed in the Orthodox Church: http://...
- tamranthor: For those who would excuse this “hon or” by calling it diplomacy, the Holy See has no business doing business as usual, i.e. secularly. Yes, the Vatican is a City-State ,...
- Imrahil: Dear JonPatrick , the thing is that when Hitler did open war after it had been prolongued by appeasemen t, 1. it was proven as obvious that you couldnR 17;t have peace with Hitler....
- gaudete: ” The press office statement says that this award was part of a routine exchange of honors for diplomatic purposes during a state visit. Therefore, it has nothing to do with Ploume...
- Ave Maria: I have been told that exorcized blessed bells expel the demons in the air. No wonder those of the infidel want them silenced. And as to honoring an abortion supporter& #8230;and an...
- Eugene: I do not recognize the church I was baptized into and adhered to for my life anymore, I am so sick of all these sick happenings . Truly there is an agenda, and its not so hidden anymore. I...
- Fr Martin Fox: If you will forgive me, Father: it occurs to me that some may read this and be unclear on a precise point. Is a confession not valid if the penitent omits these aggravatin g circum...
- Fr Martin Fox: Regarding parish registrati on… My reading of Canon Law leads me to believe that no one is, strictly speaking, required to complete a parish registrati on. But it is a courte...
- Fr Martin Fox: Suburbanba nshee said: My hometown parish used to have a big map of the parish boundaries , in black and white, right up on the wall in the vestibule. So if people had any quest...
- YoungLatinMassGuy: Europe is lost. I have written it off. Don’ t think things like what we’r e seeing today DIDN’ ;T happen in the centuries leading up to the Fall of Constan...
- Suburbanbanshee: Re: reading Aquinas, “it would seem to be” means “thi s is an objection which I am about to demolish, or which is only partially true/appli cable.R 21;
- fishonthehill: So true… ;. “the y will mock” ;! As one who often wears the cassock (which I do not view as traditiona l garb… ; just my everyday wear), I show up at a neighbo...
- jschicago: Father, How much do you think the shoes would cost? €195? I couldnR 17;t find any shoes on the site, but found that price in an article from doing a search, but the article was from...
- David L Alexander: I think the whole idea of papal honors or any bestowal of orders of knighthood has become corrupted. I’ve seen too many instances of people getting awards for little other...
- LarryW2LJ: ” The press office statement says that this award was part of a routine exchange of honors for diplomatic purposes during a state visit. Therefore, it has nothing to do with...
- Michael: St. Catherine of Genoa, ora pro nobis!
- Gregg the Obscure: Archdioces e of Denver is revising and publishing parish boundaries (main revision is using road names and county boundaries instead of surveyor 8217;s descriptio ns so average...
- JonPatrick: This made me think of how over the weekend we watched “Dar kest Hour” ; where newly minted Prime Minister Churchill is almost alone in being determined to stand up to the...
- rtjl: It is getting very difficult to prevent my thoughts from turning in the following direction& #8230;. The abominatio n of desolation stands revealed in the heart of the sanctuary as (adulte...
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- Slithery misdirection from the National Sodomitical Reporter: Bishops who avoid scandal commit scandal
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
- Wherein Fr. Z comments on a @RorateCaeli post about priests, permissions and exorcism prayers. Then @fatherz rants.
- Wherein @MassimoFaggioli tosses another nastygram at the “rigorist” straw man
- ASK FATHER: URGENT EMERGENCY PREDICAMENT! Mass in Presence of a Prelate but we don’t have a Pax Brede!
- How bad is the situation of vocations to the priesthood tragic Germany?
- Esolen on virtue and chastity in “Wonder Woman” (not the one you immediately thought of)
- DISGUSTING LBGT story reveals something about homosexualist agenda in the Church. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Irish “Mass Path”, for secret worship, mapped and photographed (and some BOOKS)
- ASK FATHER: SSPX or Diocesan TLM – It is an “undue burden” to have to wait 3.5 hours?
- UDPATED Two stories intersect in Ch 8 of Amoris laetitia: An attack on Humanae vitae and a Cardinal speaks up
- Juxtaposition: Demolition of churches
- Yet another German moral mudslide: bishop proposes blessing homosexual relationships
- More bad art… but this time well-deserved!
- ACTON INSTITUTE is accepting applications for the $15K 2018 Novak Award
- VIDEO about legendary Latinist Fr. Reginald Foster, OCD
- 2 Feb – Rosary To The Interior: For the Purification of the Church
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: children
This morning after Holy Mass I was given a wonderful book. It’s a children’s book, but no matter: it’s a delightful reprint of an old ABC or Alphabet Book.
It doesn’t get more Catholic than this! This would be a great … Continue reading
From a reader…
Father, my youngest son, who is less than a year old, is frequently unruly at Mass and throws very loud and lengthy tantrums, often over small things. I (or my wife) sometimes have to stay outside for very long periods of … Continue reading
From a reader…
Do you have any recommendations for good children’s missals for both the ordinary and extraordinary forms of the Mass? We have two school-aged children (2nd grade and kindergarten) that we want to work with on a better understanding … Continue reading
How many of you have heard someone object to Gregorian chant on the grounds that it is tooo haaard!
Here is a video about a summer camp where children as young as 8 years old are learning to sing Gregorian chant.
At … Continue reading
From a readerette:
I am absolutely mortified right now! My fussy two year old wiggled out
of my arms during daily low Mass today (READ: Lots of grey hair) and
ran up into the sanctuary to the Altar during the Canon. I tried … Continue reading
From a readerette:
I used to be a student and instructor in theology, and I had wonderful, quiet, pious times at Holy Mass. Now I am a mother, of an energetic toddler, and Holy Mass has become an Occasion of Circus … Continue reading
From a priest:
Reverend and Dear Father,
Ash Wednesday is soon to be upon us, and I am faced with the situation I am often faced with: whether to impose ashes on cute, angel-faced infants.
It never fails that, as the faithful come … Continue reading
From a reader:
Today at Mass, it would seem my very active 3 year old was being a
little too loud with one of his small toy cars (he wasn’t all that
interested in coloring one of his three catholic coloring books or … Continue reading
Liturgical liberals usually run down the intelligence of people in the pews, saying among other things that Joe and Mary Catholic will not be able to understand the new, corrected translation, or quod Deus avertat, LATIN.
“It’s toooo haaard!“, they … Continue reading
Some food for thought for parents and for priests alike.
I remember once how I caught hell from a weak-kneed pastor because I wouldn’t give Communion to a girl quite obviously chewing gum.
Nintendo DS on the Communion Line
BY MATTHEW ARCHBOLD
I traveled … Continue reading