Not to be missed…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Katherine says: Unfortunat ely, Father, as you probably already know, when you get a group of women together … Okay, what are the solutions to this scenario? Altar and...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: CanukFrank : Thanks for that! You are very kind.
- Katherine: In my experience , Altar Societies are full of aged women who complain that no young women want to join, then run them out because of their new ideas when they do join. I have a dream...
- CanukFrank: Hi Fr. Z- I really look forward to your podcasts each morning. If I ever have the good fortune to visit Rome your podcasts would be my guide as they provide off-the-be aten-track points...
- Sue: Good Morning, Father. I’m a member of our Altar Society. All the registered women of the parish are members. Not sure what all you want to know but we have a President, V.Presiden t,...
- Ms. M-S: As we’v e sloughed off most of the secular seasonal observance s of Advent, Christmas, Lent, and Easter, these liturgical seasonal podcazts really embellish our morning prayers. The...
- Gab: That’ ;s an exquisite shade of blue, Father, in the picture above.
- Gab: I am going to miss these liturgical seasonal podcazts when we go into ordinary time.
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Tom of John of God says: you made a passing, teasing comment about using blue Thanks for the compliment about these vestments! They are truly beautiful in personR 30; and...
- John Pomeroy: The priest at the Newman Center parish that my daughter attends who has no problem with reception on the tongue. In fact, While I was “wat ching̶ 1; from one of the back...
- veritas vincit: Whatever the propriety of allowing the communican t to receive the Body of Christ in unconsecra ted hands, it is undeniable that receiving on the tongue is a much clearer sign of...
- Bonaventurian: This is why I regularly attend confession s at St. Paul’ ;s down by the UW campus. They are one of the very few churches in the area which offers confession before EVERY sched...
- veritas vincit: “Fir st, from the pulpit preach about sin, guilt, penance, expiation, etc. You know, all those things that were systematic ally stripped out of the orations of the Novus...
- JustaSinner: Those are beautiful Father, but don’t they need a bit more red? /sarc off
- teomatteo: At the parish we should belong to the priest never has us say the confiteor, (ok, once when the new translatio n went into effect at advent 2011) since he got there in 2002. And of...
- Tom of John of God: So these are the vestments you made a passing, teasing comment about using blue a few months ago! Anyway, these are stunning! The blue lining and detail with the Easter silver,...
- Semper Gumby: As Lurker 59 points out there is a difference between conservati on and environmen talism. As for Earth Day, others here note Gaia and Lenin̵ 7;s birthday to which can be added...
- Semper Gumby: iPadre and JustaSinne r: well done.
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Murray.
- Just Some Guy: Props for the Pre-55 Triduum pictures.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- A Cardinal on the ropes of logic
- PASCHALCAzT 50 – Easter Wednesday: You are a holy seed, a new colony of bees, the very flower of my ministry
- Fr. Z seeks advice about women
- A few Easter Vigil moments
- News from Norcia! Benedictines, beauty and beer
- Card. Piacenza to priests: “Wanna be a modern priest? HEAR CONFESSIONS!” Whereupon Fr. Z really rants.
- PASCHALCAzT 49 – Easter Tuesday: Christ won it, but we can lose it
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Tuesday: ZedNet reminder
- ASK FATHER: A 12 year old asks ” #EarthDay is coming up…”
- ASK FATHER: How to receive Communion on the tongue?
- ASK FATHER: Father used the blessing for a train when blessing my car
- PASCHALCAzT 48 – Easter Monday: Year by year by year
- Wonderful wonderful photo
- It pays to be attentive, especially when you are really tired!
- Your Easter Sunday Sermon Notes
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray on bombings, Easter and our Catholic identity
- PASCHALCAzT 47 – Easter Sunday: Leave the shrouds in the tomb
- ACTION ITEM: Help for a traditional Catholic seminarian continues! – UPDATED… for EASTER!
- Benedict XVI on the Paschal Candle
- WDTPRS and AUDIO: The Exsultet – explained, translated, sung
- JUST TOO COOL: Fr. Z kudos to Our Lady’s Bees! They survived the fire #NDParis
- LENTCAzT 2019 46 – Holy Saturday: The Harrowing of Hell
- POLL: Foot-washing on Holy Thursday where you are – ORDINARY FORM
- “Behold, I make all things new.”
- #GoodFriday and You: Prayers for Holy Souls in Purgatory and Plenary Indulgences
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- Good Friday Reminder: Fasting, Abstaining, and You
- LENTCAzT 2019 45 – Good Friday: The ultimate pulpit
- TMSM: Holy Thursday Mass with the new vestments
- A good article in Crisis about France. Fr. Z adds a short rant.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: China
This is… unsettling. From Express: China fires SIX WARNINGS to US Navy in South China Sea ‘This is China…LEAVE IMMEDIATELY’ THE Chinese military told a US Navy plane flying over the highly-disputed island in the South China Sea to “leave … Continue reading
Tonight I watched The Last Train Home. UK link HERE Long-time readers here know that I keep an eye on Chinese films. This is a documentary about the 130+ million migrant workers in China who strive to return home for the … Continue reading
I hope you will all stop what you are doing right now and say a prayer to St. Michael the Archangel to protect our brothers and sisters in China, and then say a prayer to Our Lady of China, perhaps … Continue reading
From Vatican Insider: Cardinal Zen says destruction of the Catholic Church continues in China Despite the hopes raised by Pope Francis’ election, Sino-Vatican relations are still at a standstill. China’s new leader, Xi Jinping, has not kept his promises and … Continue reading
From a friend from back in my native Minnesota who has been living in China for some years now. He is Catholic and has been doing his best. It seems that he is helping to build where he is something … Continue reading
SOLAR FLARE ALERT! But don’t worry, because “Firedrake Keeps You Safe”! (Short Wave and Ham Radio Fun)
A convergence of events drives me yet again to post, on this bloggily-productive day. First, a TEOTWAWKI Solar Flare, Coronal Mass Ejection and resulting grid killing EMP may be coming…. From SpaceWeather: ACTIVE SUNSPOT: One of the biggest sunspots of … Continue reading
The full, online, digital edition of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, has some excellent pieces this week. I found this one particularly engaging, giving my penchant for Chinese cinema. You can subscribe to the digital, full-edition of … Continue reading
The UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, has a piece online which gives a glimpse of the Church in the USA during Pres. Obama’s third term. Obama would probably love to have, I am sure, an American Patriotic Catholic Association … Continue reading
From CNA: Vatican lauds ordination of China’s missing bishop Vatican City, Jul 10, 2012 / 04:29 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The Vatican has praised the approved ordination of a Chinese bishop, who is now missing after announcing his split from the … Continue reading
In your charity will you stop and pray for this man? From UCANEWS: Restrictions in place for bishop’s funeral Officials say ‘no’ to honoring status of Changzhi prelate who died last week ucanews.com reporter, Changzhi China May 30, 2012Government officials … Continue reading
From news.va: Day of Prayer for the Church in China Thursday, May 24th is a day dedicated in a special way to the liturgical memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Help of Christians, venerated with great devotion at the Shrine … Continue reading
If Pres. Obama has his way, this will coming to a neighborhood near you. From the Beeb: China to overhaul ‘threatening’ one-child slogans By Viv Marsh BBC News China is to overhaul the sometimes threatening slogans used to enforce its … Continue reading
Appeal to authorities for Chinese New Year: release of three bishops and of six priests who have disappeared
I hope other bloggers will pick this up and share it with their own readers. Perhaps after reading this you could stop for a moment and say a Memorare for the missing priests and bishops as well as for the … Continue reading
News from the embattled Church in Eastern Asia. First, this from CWN with my emphases: Cardinal Zen rips Beijing’s bid to control Catholic Church July 26, 2011 Cardinal Joseph Zen has denounced the “preposterous and ridiculous” efforts by the Chinese … Continue reading
Just as the Patriotic (state run) Church in Communist China is planning to consecrate a few more bishops, here, I read at CWN that … Leaders of Chinese Catholic Patriotic Association meets with Brazilian bishops, propose dialogue A delegation from … Continue reading