Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- robtbrown: In the above comment “def initive 221; is a Latin adverb meaning definitive ly.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- LENTCAzT 2018 12 – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Saved in hope
- ASK FATHER: Priest forbids a deacon to wear a dalmatic
- LENTCAzT 2018 11 – Ember Saturday in the 1st Week of Lent: Man’s first full day was a day of rest
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent (NO): Having a really good look
- Wisconsin High School student invents classroom door stop
- LENTCAzT 2018 10 – Ember Friday in the 1st Week of Lent: You cannot save yourself for the world
- Card. Sarah: return to Communion directly on the tongue while kneeling
- JUST TOO COOL: Recently received missal stand and statue of Our Lady
- Wherein Rutler thrashes @AntonioSpadaro
- BRAZIL: Did these bishops allow women to concelebrate Mass?
- Promoted by @JamesMartinSJ – Jesuits have yoga in church sanctuary at a school
- LENTCAzT 2018 09 – Thursday in the 1st Week of Lent: The inexhaustible virtue of the Word
- Fr. Murray on “lived experience”, “accompaniment”, “conscience”
- More news from the New catholic Red Guard
- Making the Church appealing. What “sells”?
- LENTCAzT 2018 08 – Wednesday in the 1st Week of Lent: Never ending combat
- 20 Feb – Feast of Sts Francisco and Jacinta of Fatima
- Of “paradigm shift” interest
- Spain: young people dancing a jota in reparation for blasphemy against the Blessed Virgin
- Mega-Masses and too many Hosts
- The State v. Self-Reliance
- LENTCAzT 2018 07 – Tuesday in the 1st Week of Lent: subtle temptation
- Attacks on the family
- My View For Awhile: Capital Edition
- Books for boys. Suggested titles and an additional point.
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
- LENTCAzT 2018 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: Anger and Reason
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
GREAT causes to support
Please follow me on Twitter!
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Chinese Patriotic Catholic Association
The death of Mgr. Chen Shizhong: during forced labor he had received the gift of forgiving his enemies
Yibin (Agenzia Fides) – On December 16, 2012, His Exc. Mgr. John Chen Shizhong, Bishop of the Diocese of Yibin (Suifu), in … Continue reading
I regularly think about times when the Church has been persecuted. Has been? Nay, rather… is being persecuted. I think it is a good idea to reflect on these matters frequently and even try to get your head around the real … Continue reading
The UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, has a piece online which gives a glimpse of the Church in the USA during Pres. Obama’s third term. Obama would probably love to have, I am sure, an American Patriotic Catholic Association … Continue reading
Vatican lauds ordination of China’s missing bishop
Vatican City, Jul 10, 2012 / 04:29 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The Vatican has praised the approved ordination of a Chinese bishop, who is now missing after announcing his split from the state-run Catholic … Continue reading
News from the embattled Church in Eastern Asia. First, this from CWN with my emphases:
Cardinal Zen rips Beijing’s bid to control Catholic Church
July 26, 2011
Cardinal Joseph Zen has denounced the “preposterous and ridiculous” efforts by the Chinese government to exert … Continue reading
From the most excellent Bishop of Kansas City-St. Joseph, Most Rev. Robert Finn, appearing on the blog of the Catholic Key. My emphases and comments.
Will China Buy Our Silence About Persecution of Catholics? – Bishop Finn
From the upcoming edition of … Continue reading
A reader clued me into a story about another potential ecclesial train-wreck in poor China. From Sino Daily we read this, which originated with AFP:
Chinese bishops ‘taken away’ by police: report
(AFP) – 1 day ago
VATICAN CITY — Four bishops loyal … Continue reading
From Agence France-Presse:
China detains Vatican-backed Catholic priest
(AFP) – 6 hours ago
BEIJING — Chinese police detained a Vatican-backed Catholic priest and blocked his ordination as a bishop, a parishioner said Thursday, in a move likely to raise tensions with the Holy … Continue reading