- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- SophiaGrace said Thank you, Father, for these and for all that you...
- donato2 said I agree 1000% that the Mass has been feminized and...
- PA mom said I think that overtly emotional music has been a fa...
- Mandy P. said Listened and shared. Thanks, Father!
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Quanah says: 5 December 2013 at 6:41 am Mr. Shaw s...
- pmullane said Well, why would men come to Mass? Who gets told th...
- Mandy P. said I still think it’s way too early to tell how...
- jenne said The Pope is stirring us all up. But we all miss t...
- Eliane said So Adam Shaw makes a little lio. Isn’t that...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said I think we mostly agree that since the 1950s, our...
- MaterDei said I think having laity in the sanctuary is distracti...
- pmullane said ” Pope Francis will prove a disaster for the...
- LarryW2LJ said You have to feel comfortable in your role. I am a...
- Imrahil said What the dear @Anna 6 said. And what the dear @Phi...
- teejay329 said Impressive, Father. I also have become a huge fan...
- Ambrose Jnr said Having spent the last 12 months part of the time i...
- teejay329 said No problems listening. Sincere thanks, as always.
- iPadre said I have never seen a daily Mass where there is a tr...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Father, I apologize if this shows rabbit-holean sy...
- LorrieRob said Thank you, Father! Really sets the tone for the d...
- Long-Skirts said I forgot to add the You/Tube video URL of these br...
- Scott W. said *Yawn* Another neo-con having a panic attack.
- Long-Skirts said “Proof of this is Francis’ aforementioned st...
- Quanah said Mr. Shaw seems like one of those people whose fait...
- RJHighland said I think the article is pretty spot on and pray the...
- Philippa Martyr said We have a wonderful word in Australia, namely R...
- Philippa Martyr said There are plenty of men in our parish. Mind you, w...
- Lin said This is very disturbing! I pray this is overstate...
- Michaeleus said We are a minority…I mean this in the sense t...
- trad catholic mom said Well he is certainly right about the cult of perso...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 1 Dec: St. Nahum, Prophet of the Old Testment
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Christmas
I liked this:
I have the same thought, year round, when I see those awful “No CCW” signs. GRRRRR!
Technorati Tags: Christmas
The Collect for the 20th Ordinary Sunday, found also in the 8th century Gelasian Sacramentary, is in the 1962 Missale Romanum for the 5th Sunday after Pentecost.
Deus, qui diligentibus te bona invisibilia praeparasti, infunde cordibus nostris tui amoris affectum, ut, … Continue reading
Today is the final “peak” arising from the liturgical cycle of Advent/Christmas/Epiphany. Today, called in the traditional way and according to the older Roman calendar the Feast of the Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Holy Church would cease to … Continue reading
The old phrase is “Anything worth doing, is worth over-doing.”
Technorati Tags: Christmas
We have a Christmassy clerical caroling convivium going on.
Technorati Tags: Christmas
The Holy Father’s sermon for the 1st Mass of Christmas with my emphases and comments. I get the sense that not all of this sermon was composed by His Holiness. Just a guess. Let’s see for ourselves:
Again and again the … Continue reading
This comes up every year:
If I go to Midnight Mass, and it really starts at Midnight, and I receive Holy Communion, and if I go to Mass again during Christmas Day, can I receive Communion again?
The 1983 Code of Canon … Continue reading
When in doubt about your Christmas gift list, Fr. Z suggests…
stuff on amazon through Fr. Z’s links
stuff from Fr. Z’s store
stuff (=coffee) from the Wyoming Carmelites using Fr. Z’s links (new K-Cups!)
lots of ammo and guns
Not necessarily in that order.
I … Continue reading
WDTPRS POLL: How did you fulfill your Christmas/Sunday Mass obligation? (With a short rant about Hell.)
Catholics are obliged to attend Holy Mass on Sundays and also certain other “days of precept”, also called Holy Days of Obligation. We fulfill our obligation by attending Mass (or Divine Liturgy of course) on the day itself or … Continue reading