HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Katherine: I am always pleased when a bishop actually speaks to these issues with the mind of the Church. That said, I sense fear in Archbishop ChaputR 17;s response to Fr. Martin. The respo...
- ArthurH: The disagreeme nt in unres0lvab le and will remain so. What so many are missing 211; including Fr. Matin, from his words, which belie his behavior 8211; is that persons of faith can...
- Lurker 59: If you look at the question across religions (at least those that I have studied) the “res trainer 221; is always pious one — specifical ly the contemplat ive mystic, and...
- Emilio: Just like there is more than one way to skin a cat, there are many ways to undermine the Church’s teachings. I have have also noticed Fr. Martin’s sly usage of “official” teachings& #8230;...
- Greg Smisek: Alas, still no delivery to my state (Minnesota ).
- Richard_amdg: Fr Z, it seems that in our very day, there is a prominent global religious leader who recently called for a new & universal humanism, religious submission to the UN; a man who...
- Semper Gumby: Cardinal Marx and Germany. Maybe Tacitus can shed some light on this, from “Ger mania̶ 1;: “The ir holy places are woods and grovesR 30; For omens and the casting...
- dplentini: We pray for you every day, Father. God bless you and all our priests.
- Semper Gumby: teomatteo: Mother Angelica confronts a teenager in blinky light shoes̷ 0; I’d give up my last doughnut to see that chastiseme nt. “Woe , blinky light shoes, your doom...
- Grabski: Visiting Boston and discovered Trappist ales from monks in Spencer, MA.
- Semper Gumby: Glennonite : NothinR 17; like a good A-Team quote to get the day going. (after Morning Prayers of course.)
- RLseven: I hardly think James Martin serves the Antichrist . [You can serve wittingly or unwittingl y.] His heart is with God and those who are perceived in our Church a the lepers of our time. [I...
- Semper Gumby: Suburbanba nshee, hwriggles4 , sendero: Good points.
- Johann: The feeling you get after going to confession is like stepping out of a shower after being dirty and grimy for a week.
- Imrahil: Yes, I plan to take do that. I by now, without pressure, fast and abstain on Ember Days anyways (though the abstaining today will be difficult) , so one day in the week should be fine. In...
- Cincture: A recent article and memory http://www .ncregiste r.com/blog /dlittle/f asting-emb er-days-an d-reparati on-of-sins , which I admit to in part incorporat ing led me to ask: Is this...
- Gab: Friday done. Now it’s Ember Saturday here. And prayers offered for you Father Z and for all our Bishops.
- jaykay: Atra Dicenda: traditiona l Monks, traditiona l beer and, as if those two were not enough: traditiona l dogs- https://ro rate-caeli .blogspot. com/2019/0 3/support- rebuilding -of-nor...
- The Cobbler: There is a fine line between protecting oneself from or defending against abuse, and committing it. “I 8217;m not [fill in the blank] you, you’ re [fill in the blank]...
- CanukFrank: Started today. Currently fasting (as per current Church guidelines ; 2 small ‘snacks’ + 1 main meal) on Weds (for my son) and fasting and abstaining on Fridays for “Special Intentions ”...
- Hidden One: Early this morning I stepped into a church. I picked out a pew and knelt there. My smartphone , on silent, remained untroubled in my pocket. Kneeling there, in limited light, I had no...
- Unwilling: ipocrisia clericale “cle ricalism 8221; honestum cum virtute convertitu r ST ii-ii 145
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: I’ve been meaning to subscribe for a while and finally have the money. I think you convinced me.
- Fuerza: It’s probably not the same thing and I’m not making any judgment on anyone, but this immediatel y called to mind the Franciscan Friar from Dante’s Inferno who got himself condemned to the...
- Gaetano: Most seminarian s in recent years understand that they must be careful how the speak/act around their superiors. Which topics, prayers, languages, liturgical styles, and even clothing are...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- @JamesMartinSJ responds to Archbp. Chaput via @CatholicPhilly
- The Restrainer of 2 Thessalonians, Liturgy and the End Times. Wherein Fr. Z speculates and rants.
- “Empires perish. Tradition endures” – VIDEO about the Traditional Latin Mass, Usus Antiquior
- Project to fast and pray for the Church! It’s Ember Friday in September. DO IT!
- NEW BEER OPPORTUNITY from the traditional Benedictine Monks of Norcia
- A revert and the power of a good confession: “I left like a new man.”
- An old Jesuit advised Francis: “Think clearly, but speak obscurely.”
- Tall Poppy Syndrome and two American Bishops
- The priest’s voice and the “priest voice” during Holy Mass. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- The true “pseudo-schismatic” Church in Germany
- Idea for the Pan-Amazonian #Synod2019
- Initiative of Prayer and Fasting from now through October 2019 (and the Synod)
- St. Robert Bellarmine – Pray for us! Help us with your teaching and example!
- ASK FATHER: Did Francis say something heretical about God and our sins?
- Blinky light shoes at Mass
- ASK FATHER: Should I “poison” by Facebook account?
- Of “schism” and the abolition of the USCCB
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 7th Sorrow – The Burial of Jesus
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 6th Sorrow – The Piercing of the Side of Jesus, and His Deposition.
- Jesuit-run Amerika aims at Francis’ “detractors”. Incoherence ensues.
- @JamesMartinSJ and internet bullying
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 5th Sorrow – The Crucifixion of Jesus
- Mind-blowing profundity at the reconstituted John Paul II Institute 2.0
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray, Prof. Royal on EWTN on Francis’ latest PPP (Papal Plane Presser) comments
- @FatherZ responds to @PhilipPullella of Reuters about the Holy Spirit and the elections of Popes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 4th Sorrow – Mary meets Jesus on the way to Calvary
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: CME
This might have an effect on Ham Radio operation. Also, those of you in the north might watch for aurora borealis! From SpaceWeather: GEOMAGNETIC STORM UNDERWAY NOW: A surprise geomagnetic storm is underway on May 14th. Storm levels are currently at G2 (moderately … Continue reading
One of these days, friends, your planet is going to get really pasted by your yellow Sun. It is not a matter of “if”. It is a matter of “when”. Contemplate losing all electricity. What would happen to your life? … Continue reading
At SpaceWeather: SUN HURLS PLASMA CLOUD TOWARD EARTH: Yesterday, Nov. 5th, a magnetic filament on the sun became unstable and erupted. The blast opened a fiery canyon in the sun’s atmosphere and hurled a CME toward Earth. According to NOAA … Continue reading
What’s your nightmare? From APOD: Explanation: Admire the beauty but fear the beast. The beauty is the aurora overhead, here taking the form of great green spiral, seen between picturesque clouds with the bright Moon to the side and stars … Continue reading
Not for Rad Trads, unless you are also frequent flyers… From Spaceweather… RADS ON A PLANE: Regular readers know that Spaceweather.com and the students of Earth to Sky Calculus regularly fly balloons to the stratosphere to measure cosmic rays. For … Continue reading
Since Sunday a series of Earth-directed CME’s have created Aurora Borealis visible as far South in these USA as, I hear, Arkansas! I know I will go out to look. Tonight, get out there if you have good viewing conditions, and … Continue reading
A headline that makes my blood run cold, even as one can marvel at the sights in the heavens. From SpaceWeather: CME IMPACT, SEVERE GEOMAGNETIC STORM: Arriving earlier than expected, a CME [Coronal Mass Ejection] hit Earth’s magnetic field on March … Continue reading
If the media, mind-clouding, thought-befuddling blitz on the part of catholic and other outlets – Fishwrap, Amerika, RNS, Crux – weren’t bad enough, we have to think about this too. I sure hope you have BOBs ready. From SpaceWeather: STORM WARNING … Continue reading
One of these days, there will be another Carrington Event. There will be a huge coronal mass ejection from your planet’s yellow star that strikes your planet square on. The result will be a vast electromagnetic pulse which fries almost … Continue reading
One of these days there will come the big grid-frying EMP caused by a CME thus bringing on TEOTWAWKI. EMPs can also be caused by a nuclear weapon. On the other hand, this is in the offing. From Boeing: CHAMP … Continue reading
In 1859 the Earth was struck by a massive solar storm called the Carrington Event. Life was not affected much at that time, because so little used electricity. Were such a storm to strike the Earth now, however, most if … Continue reading
From Astronomy Pic of the Day comes this fascinating shot of a CME (Coronal Mass Ejection), a comet, and your planet. The Comet PanSTARRS, which brightened and was visible for the papal election process (along with another comet, by the … Continue reading
From Spaceweather: CME IMPACT: As expected, a coronal mass ejection (CME) hit Earth’s magnetic field on Sept. 3rd at approximately 1200 UT (5 am PDT). The impact induced measurable ground currents in the soil of northern Scandinavia and sparked bright … Continue reading
One of these days! From Spaceweather: MAGNIFICENT ERUPTION: On August 31st, a magnetic filament on the sun erupted in spectacular fashion, producing a long-duration solar flare, a coronal mass ejection (CME) and one of the most beautiful movies of an … Continue reading