Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Emilio said @Anita Moore OPL – We have a Pope who cannot...
- vox borealis said “96 Tears” by ? and the Mysterians
- APX said Why chapel veils and mantillas? They weren’t...
- chris1 said Mrs. Chris1 says Christopher Cross isn’t a o...
- theomalleys said My Sharona by The Knack I can’t believe I&...
- Bosco said How’s about Davy Allan and The Arrows 1967 s...
- Ave Crux said What’s interesting about this discussion is...
- DanW said “Just Walk Away Renee” by The Left Ban...
- Geoffrey said I would suggest establishing the instituted minist...
- Volanges said When my kids were little, in the 80s, I acquired t...
- clement s said St Francis of Assist Parish in Raleigh, NC is noto...
- Bosco said How about Al Kent’s circa 1966 instrumental...
- bookworm said “the Bloody Red Baron Snoopy song (don’t rem...
- Winfield said Mr. Trololo. How do you say “hit” in R...
- rcg said The Proclaimers were NOT one hit wonders. They sa...
- Volanges said Love the topic. I also thought of Classical Gas a...
- Luvadoxi said Ugh–that Acura commercial is even worse that...
- Bosco said This didn’t hit #1 in 1963 when it was relea...
- mamajen said Well, Father, I have to thank you for giving my hu...
- ejcmartin said “Sailing” Christopher Cross, a Grammy...
- Kathleen10 said Too Shy – Kajagoogoo! The bass is NUTS....
- Charles E Flynn said I regret that I do not recall whether it was a rev...
- Netmilsmom said Spirit in the Sky is now really popular because of...
- Luvadoxi said And who can forget (but would like to) Bird is the...
- Luvadoxi said My favorites–Precious and Few, by Climax, an...
- Allan S. said Father, if you or someone can get these up for sal...
- Elizabeth D said What ever happened to Zuhlio? [He's had more than...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said May I just add that I say the latest Acura commerc...
- Bryan D. Boyle said And who can forget In the Year 2525 – Zager...
- marcelus said Lori says: “I think it is that “Vatican insi...
My wish lists
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Friday Fun Moment: One Hit Wonders (and a digression)
- UPDATED: Of “rubber bullets”
- MANHATTAN, NYC 22 Aug & 12 Sept: PRAYER VIGIL FOR CHRISTIANS IN IRAQ, SYRIA
- USCCB Pres. Archbp. Kurtz comments on Obama Admin’s slithery new HHS mandate rules
- ASK FATHER: Ways to improve celebration of Mass with Novus Ordo
- A note to bloggers and to those who register
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- MOVIE – When The Game Stands Tall – ACTION ITEM!
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: coffee
A reader sent this great photo of one of my “Say The Black Do The Red” insulated coffee travel mugs!
I really enjoy your “In The Wild” photos. This one especially!
It’s mid-afternoon coffee time.
How is your supply?
You know what to do.
You can get free shipping on orders $45. Their most popular item is the 4 bags and sampler package. Economical. Some packs have free shipping. HERE.
And remember that they now have their “Monk Shots” like of K-Cups. HERE.
And they have … Continue reading
It is “Cyber Monday”, as the online retailers are calling it!
I guess this is a secular money day of obligation.
Okay… now that you are online… buy some …
Mystic Monk Coffee!
There are so many good reasons to refresh or build … Continue reading
During the summer months I occasionally mention iced-coffee.
Did you know that the Wyoming Carmelites have a coffee maker especially for iced-coffee?
Ecce! The Bodum Iced-Coffee Maker.
It is like a French press. You add the coffee and cold water, stir (always do that with … Continue reading
For your opportune knowledge.
The Wyoming Carmelites are offering a new Coffee of the Month:
Kenyan AA Auction Lot
Representing the very summit of coffee perfection, the Kenyan AA Auction Lot is virtually flawless in every respect. The characteristic acidity blossoms into an … Continue reading
Other than the fact that I get a commission every time you buy Mystic Monk Coffee using my links… and please, I ask you to do so, because it really helps… this video will also show you why I like … Continue reading
It is muggy and hot and sunny and the perfect day to make iced-tea or iced-coffee.
I make jars of sun tea.
QUAERITUR: Where might get good tea and coffee these days while at the same time helping sound and traditional religious … Continue reading
Yesterday (and early today) was the super rare Transit of Venus, but a while back there was a spiffing eclipse of the Moon.
Here is a great photo from Astronomy Pic of the Day, of said eclipse over Cody, WY, an … Continue reading
Are you wondering what to give Mom for Mother’s Day? (It’s Sunday, 13 May, by the way.)
How about the Mystic Monk Coffee
Mother’s Day Gift Set?
The Wyoming Carmelites describe the contents:
This gorgeous set includes:
One bag of our Mystic Monk Blend
One bag … Continue reading