Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Fr_Sotelo: Just when I think I’ve read it all, seen it all. Telling the deacon not to wear the dalmatic? I think the deacons look great in the dalmatic!
- ThePapalCount: It seems that many priests are apprehensi ve about having deacons around. I know of a priest who refused to allow a deacon to preach for over a year, despite the fact that the deacon...
- AndyMo: “In the Third Millennium , the argument from authority is no longer sufficient . There are too many educated Catholics. ” First of all, chronologi cal snobbery is hardly more...
- frjim4321: Very clever idea. The public school where we have our religious ed classes has something a little simpler on the door jambs; a metal plate; I not sure how it works. I would also like to...
- TonyO: Pretty nice invention. Good job, Justin. Of course, it does have limitation s. First, it depends on making base plates that match with the specific door jamb and wall location, so it cannot...
- clarinetist04: There certainly are politics at play, no doubt, but to cast Msgr. Rossi as not allowing the EF in “his ShrineR 21; is unfair at best. They have the EF mass every week, the...
- Grateful to be Catholic: These poor deluded women are the victims of clericalis m. They think it’s about power and so do the men who enable them. As someone else says, sad.
- clare joseph: Thank you, Emilio III, for clarifying all this so well. It’s a joy to see so many young people dancing so beautifull y in honor of Our Lady.
- HvonBlumenthal: Nobody reads Revelation these days but it is clear that in the Heavenly liturgy depicted there the 24 Elders do not just kneel in the presence of the Lamb, they prostrate themsel...
- HvonBlumenthal: Your four categories cover it brilliantl y. Even Anglicans receive their « host » « meekly kneeling on their knees » according to the Book of Commin Prayer. And though they genera...
- APX: acardinal, I can’ t speak for the US, but at my former high school (and other high schools I’m told from my mom when she goes in to sub teach at them) it has become a joke. Home...
- Suburbanbanshee: Fr. Jim — As a woman, I find your remarks insulting. Why should women abandon their unique roles and importance , in favor of becoming exactly like men? Do you think that we...
- JabbaPapa: Well said robtbrown — it might be worth adding that the Eastern spiritual teachers themselves also denounce this westernise d “spi ritual yoga” ; as being a perver...
- JustaSinner: As a former Marine Drill Instructor once said at OCS, “Thi s s@$t is getting real!̶ 1; With that in mind, I know Jesus has asked me to turn the other cheek to my enemies, but...
- JabbaPapa: frjim4321 : I know the reasons, as stated, and I don’t find them convincing . Infallibil ity from the chair was not asserted with regard to this matter. In FACT Pope Saint John Paul II...
- JabbaPapa: GregB : You need a mystical understand ing of the Mystical Body of Christ in order to understand the male priesthood Several explanatio ns exist as to why the priesthood is male, each...
- acardnal: Whatever happened to industrial arts classes? To trade and vocational education? You know, those people that keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter? The people that maint...
- robtbrown: Seppe says: Dominican Father Ezra Sullivan wrote an excellent and very thorough five-part series on problemati c issues associated with the philosophy and practice of yoga and eastern...
- Emilio III: This was originally posted to YouTube by Fr. Antonio Maria Domenech, a “cou ntry town parish priestR 21; @sotanarur al from Santa Maria del Campo Rus in Spain. The title was...
- jaykay: Bob B.: “The Jesuit priest saying Mass, after sprinkling Holy Water on all those attending, decided to have a water fight on the altar with the deacon, who “returned fire”. It proba...
- Charles E Flynn: A Catholic priest is a living icon of Jesus Christ. A woman cannot be a living icon of a man, any more than a man can give birth.
- jaykay: Papa subito.
- jaykay: The missal-sta nd is beautifull y crafted. I would never have thought about the swivel – what a great idea! Just as an afterthoug ht, Father, will you be blessing the statue? Does one...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: It amazes me that Cardinal Sarah hasn’ ;t been exiled to some missionary Episcopal assignment in Timbuktoo Africa where he doesn̵ 7;t have to be heard by anyone.
- Bob B.: Reminds me of a couple of years ago. The Jesuit priest saying Mass, after sprinkling Holy Water on all those attending, decided to have a water fight on the altar with the deacon, who...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: Priest forbids a deacon to wear a dalmatic
- LENTCAzT 2018 11 – Ember Saturday in the 1st Week of Lent: Man’s first full day was a day of rest
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent (NO): Having a really good look
- Wisconsin High School student invents classroom door stop
- LENTCAzT 2018 10 – Ember Friday in the 1st Week of Lent: You cannot save yourself for the world
- Card. Sarah: return to Communion directly on the tongue while kneeling
- JUST TOO COOL: Recently received missal stand and statue of Our Lady
- Wherein Rutler thrashes @AntonioSpadaro
- BRAZIL: Did these bishops allow women to concelebrate Mass?
- Promoted by @JamesMartinSJ – Jesuits have yoga in church sanctuary at a school
- LENTCAzT 2018 09 – Thursday in the 1st Week of Lent: The inexhaustible virtue of the Word
- Fr. Murray on “lived experience”, “accompaniment”, “conscience”
- More news from the New catholic Red Guard
- Making the Church appealing. What “sells”?
- LENTCAzT 2018 08 – Wednesday in the 1st Week of Lent: Never ending combat
- 20 Feb – Feast of Sts Francisco and Jacinta of Fatima
- Of “paradigm shift” interest
- Spain: young people dancing a jota in reparation for blasphemy against the Blessed Virgin
- Mega-Masses and too many Hosts
- The State v. Self-Reliance
- LENTCAzT 2018 07 – Tuesday in the 1st Week of Lent: subtle temptation
- Attacks on the family
- My View For Awhile: Capital Edition
- Books for boys. Suggested titles and an additional point.
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
- LENTCAzT 2018 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: Anger and Reason
- Commandments are NOT mere “ideals” from which some are excused because, “They’re tooo haaard!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: coffee
Are you wondering what to give Mom for Mother’s Day? (It’s Sunday, 13 May, by the way.)
How about the Mystic Monk Coffee
Mother’s Day Gift Set?
The Wyoming Carmelites describe the contents:
This gorgeous set includes:
One bag of our Mystic Monk Blend
One bag … Continue reading
From a reader:
Father Z, don’t forget to let everyone know that Mystic Monk has great tea!
I’m abstaining from coffee (decaf) until Obama leaves office!
I’ve been off for 2 months. God bless you!
Did you know that the Wyoming Carmelites also have … Continue reading
Starbucks promotes contrary-to-nature sex. Fr. Z suggests Mystic Monk Coffee as an alternative lifestyle choice.
As I posted before, Starbucks as a whole entity is backing contrary-to-nature sex and the perversion of marriage.
Decide whether or not you want to buy your coffee from Starbucks.
I suggest the alternative of buying Mystic Monk Coffee.
You help Carmelites to … Continue reading
The Carmelite men of the Carmel of the Immaculate Heart of Mary are building their monastery in Wyoming and earning their daily bread by roasting, blending, and selling you coffee and tea.
Their seasonal Pascha Java is back at Mystic Monk … Continue reading
From a reader:
As it is Lent, it is undoubtedly time to ask the question of women having their feet washed on Holy Thursday. I am well aware (from reading your blog) that it is contrary to law and custom to … Continue reading
Ex e-litteris nuper a lectore acceptis:
Andreas philologus patri Z pacem Christi dicit:
Consuetudo est mihi, pater optime, ad primam auroram Laudes offere. Cum habitem enim solus, etiam solus precor, ad quas autem preces nuper superadditum est aliquid alium, quod est … Continue reading
The Wyoming Carmelites have released their new special Coffee of the Month.
With a name like “Flores Organic Bajawa Ngura“: sounds sort of like something an animated African rat monkey would sing. You’ve gotta try it, right?
“But Father! But Father!”, some of … Continue reading
When I make a new item of Z Swag, such as a coffee mug, I am always a bit nervous that the image won’t be clear, or there will be something wrong with it.
That is why I generally will try … Continue reading
Need another reason to buy Mystic Monk Coffee? As if my requests weren’t enough? As if helping Wyoming Carmelites wasn’t enough?
In news that will come as a heavy blow to many coffee lovers, Starbucks has officially backed homosexual ‘marriage.’
You … Continue reading
Originally posted 12 January.
There is a particularly annoying pattern in my life’s days. When it comes to my “tech stuff”, life goes along as smoothly as if it were zooming down a newly paved road. Then, all of a … Continue reading
Thanks for the support you are giving to the Wyoming Carmelites by buying their coffee. How is your coffee supply these days? Br. Java tells me their Jingle Bell Java blend is almost gone.
Also, thanks for using my Amazon links … Continue reading
Thanks to the many “mind-numbed robots” out there, incapable of thinking for yourselves and merely longing for the past out of irrational nostalgia who have ordered “Lockstep Sheep and Papist Throwbacks” mugs, together with “Say The Black – Do The … Continue reading
You may recall that a nitwit at HuffPo called those who support the new, corrected translation “lockstep sheep and papist throwbacks”. Some people clamored for a coffee mug with that phrase.
I have obliged! I wanted to see one, physically … Continue reading
It has been a while since I have offered a different WDTPRS mug for your consumption of Mystic Monk Coffee or Tea. Behold, the newest: the Universae Ecclesiae 8 mug.
As you know Universae Ecclesiae was the Instruction from the Pontifical … Continue reading
From a reader:
My confessor (who is also a canon lawyer) told me that it is OK to drink coffee before Mass, within the sixty minute period before you receive communion. He says it’s OK to do this because “coffee has … Continue reading
How is your coffee supply? Your tea supply?
Don’t forget the Wyoming Carmelites!
They have made a special page to group together their autumn-themed flavored coffees. I am not so much into the flavored versions, but I have seen that quite a … Continue reading
Thanks to all of you who have been ordering Mystic Monk Coffee and Tea from the Carmelites in Wyoming. You are helping them build their new monastery and put groceries on the table. You are also helping me put groceries … Continue reading
Some links to recent posts, which are scrolling off.
The Feeder Feed: variety edition
A note to readers
Fatherhood remains foundational
WDTPRS Trinity Sunday – Post Communion – An explanation of the Trinity? Sure! No problem!
A prayer by St. “Padre” Pio
NYC, Manhattan … Continue reading
Yes, I have been peddling Mystic Monk Coffee, sold by the traditional Carmelite men in northern Wyoming.
It’s swell, after all, and when you buy it you are helping them live and build a new monastery.
Some of you have been hoping … Continue reading
From a seminarian:
I’m a seminarian studying at a certain ____ seminary (guess). I
have begun the practice of drinking Mystic Monk coffee. I’m am curious about the means by which you brew your Mystic Monk coffee. I have a standard Black … Continue reading