Christmas shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Traductora said Sigh. Yes, the Pope seems to be a loose cannon in...
- excalibur said Seems that Francis I was involved with Obama in ne...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said In some of my more “snarky” moods, I s...
- texsain said Amateur Scholastic, This has been a mysterious iss...
- Amateur Scholastic said While we’re on the topic, why is the Vatican...
- pelerin said I was so bad at Latin when at school that I have t...
- Fr. D. said The parish I will celebrate the Mass on December 2...
- msc said Unpleasant, yes; unaesthetic, yes; but sacrilegiou...
- Mike said A conundrum for some of us is that, as lovers of t...
- Southern Baron said “Rock music is a distant departure from Greg...
- Someone please be the Garrigue said “Sure, I suppose one could just walk out, bu...
- Andrew said Aj hev inaf trable uiz inglisch. Nevr maind letn.
- Imrahil said Depending on how much humour the couple has, IR...
- Matt R said There was an interesting exchange at Christmas Day...
- Fr_Sotelo said She could attend the rock mass and sit at the back...
- rroan said Ahh the information was right in the video re: Cet...
- rroan said We praise you … (yeah!!!!) We bless you … (oh yeah...
- barre218 said What about recorded music at Mass? There is a prie...
- Suburbanbanshee said Chicken, I would opine that most of the “gar...
- Charles E Flynn said This appears to be the encyclical, in English: Tes...
- MrsMacD said I mean it has on other posts. :-)
- MrsMacD said The link to the Benedictines seems to be dead. It...
- iepuras said When I first saw the title to this post, I thought...
- EoinOBolguidhir said Interestingly the Introit antiphon for the Easter...
- uptoncp said I remember reading on NLM that Westminster Cathedr...
- APX said I don’t know how anyone could have thought t...
- Genna said I found myself in the same position a few months a...
- TopSully said “The Church also hasn’t definitely condemned...
- Gemma said I was in a similar situation and a priest advised...
- JustaSinner said Does the new pope read? If so, maybe a Kwanzaa pr...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Participate in Nativity play during Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Is attending a Rock Mass sacrilege? A mortal sin?
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to an invalid Mormon wedding?
- Pope: To attract people more easily tone down teachings, relax severity… NOT.
- ASK FATHER: Mass in Classical Latin
- ADVENTCAzT 18: Another step forward in our Christmas preparation
- The ‘libido delendi’ that seized the Church, the desire to obliterate… everything
- Card. Burke’s kindness
- ADVENTCAzT 17: “the yearning for something purer and greater”
- ASK FATHER: TLM for 25th Wedding Anniversary
- “One of the great papist characters in modern fiction”
- ADVENTCAzT 16: Love always includes an inexhaustible willingness to forgive
- ASK FATHER: Mistake about minister of Sacrament of Matrimony and validity
- Succisa virescit: Another parish church reborn after destruction
- Nota bene: Apostolic Visitation of US sisters and CDF scrutiny of LCWR are NOT the same
- My View For Awhile: last trip edition
- ADVENTCAzT 15: Creation holds its breath – “Will she say ‘yes’?”
- Blog problems – UPDATES
- St. Lucy and Advent Ember Week
- CD of beautiful Christmas music – VIDEO
- ADVENTCAzT 14: Mary’s reaction to the angel unfolds in three steps
- ASK FATHER: Will I have my pets again in heaven?
- Congratulations to a long-time participant and commentator for his ORDINATION!
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday of Advent – “the childlike dash towards the long-desired thing”
- ASK FATHER: Direction of the couple exchanging vows
- ADVENTCAzT 13: “A type of the manly vocation”
- In The Wild: motorcycle edition
- FOLLOWUP: Pontifical Mass vestments
- UPDATE: Thom Peters’ extraordinary life and faith
- MIT Prof. Gruber (of ObamaTax fame) promoted abortion for “marginal children”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: coffee
A reader sent this great photo of one of my “Say The Black Do The Red” insulated coffee travel mugs!
I really enjoy your “In The Wild” photos. This one especially!
It’s mid-afternoon coffee time.
How is your supply?
You know what to do.
You can get free shipping on orders $45. Their most popular item is the 4 bags and sampler package. Economical. Some packs have free shipping. HERE.
And remember that they now have their “Monk Shots” like of K-Cups. HERE.
And they have … Continue reading
It is “Cyber Monday”, as the online retailers are calling it!
I guess this is a secular money day of obligation.
Okay… now that you are online… buy some …
Mystic Monk Coffee!
There are so many good reasons to refresh or build … Continue reading
During the summer months I occasionally mention iced-coffee.
Did you know that the Wyoming Carmelites have a coffee maker especially for iced-coffee?
Ecce! The Bodum Iced-Coffee Maker.
It is like a French press. You add the coffee and cold water, stir (always do that with … Continue reading
For your opportune knowledge.
The Wyoming Carmelites are offering a new Coffee of the Month:
Kenyan AA Auction Lot
Representing the very summit of coffee perfection, the Kenyan AA Auction Lot is virtually flawless in every respect. The characteristic acidity blossoms into an … Continue reading
Other than the fact that I get a commission every time you buy Mystic Monk Coffee using my links… and please, I ask you to do so, because it really helps… this video will also show you why I like … Continue reading
It is muggy and hot and sunny and the perfect day to make iced-tea or iced-coffee.
I make jars of sun tea.
QUAERITUR: Where might get good tea and coffee these days while at the same time helping sound and traditional religious … Continue reading
Yesterday (and early today) was the super rare Transit of Venus, but a while back there was a spiffing eclipse of the Moon.
Here is a great photo from Astronomy Pic of the Day, of said eclipse over Cody, WY, an … Continue reading
Are you wondering what to give Mom for Mother’s Day? (It’s Sunday, 13 May, by the way.)
How about the Mystic Monk Coffee
Mother’s Day Gift Set?
The Wyoming Carmelites describe the contents:
This gorgeous set includes:
One bag of our Mystic Monk Blend
One bag … Continue reading