You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Cazienza said “Deaconess” hospitals are not invariab...
- Marie said My good news: After a year of very hard work by so...
- Catholic Hokie said When I was an altar boy growing up, they had both...
- maryh said Not only do female altar servers discourage vocati...
- mamamagistra said I’m struck by how much the LGBT movement has in co...
- teomatteo said Ahh…. so that is why gold’s elemental...
- Robbie said I’m somewhat torn by the second question. A...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said For what it is worth, in the traditional Dominican...
- Liz said Please pray for my eldest who has been sick since...
- Athelstan said Black is customary and desirable for very good rea...
- BigRed said I will offer something I witnessed only a few week...
- greasemonkey said In the monastic rites albs are used. View some hi...
- APX said I can only speak from personal experiences that I...
- dmwallace said Now, what about CDW-funded scholarships for laymen...
- wolfeken said And, to illustrate, imagine how silly someone woul...
- wolfeken said It is worth noting, concerning the updated questio...
- Phil_NL said For favorable results from some blood tests. Than...
- Matt R said For the repose of the souls of Fr Ray Hoffman, CR...
- JamesM said I was referring to the use of “altar servers...
- Raylan Alleman said More boys and men would serve if females were not...
- Martial Artist said OOOO-RAH! Definitely a step in the right direction...
- wmeyer said I have seen young women who perform well as altar...
- pjsandstrom said Hello Fr.Z, You might want to look again at your...
- Matt R said All the old ladies at church, instead of asking my...
- Matt R said Whelp, Mom stole my good news on my Eagle Scout pr...
- Matt R said For a personal intention. For my family’s c...
- TheAcolyte said Cf. the “Peregrinus Gasolinus” chapter...
- Matt R said JamesM, altar boys distinguishes them from ‘...
- Anti-Relativist said My cousin, Mark, was ordained as transitional deac...
- Priam1184 said I drew breath this morning when I opened my eyes....
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: coffee
Yes, I have been peddling Mystic Monk Coffee, sold by the traditional Carmelite men in northern Wyoming.
It’s swell, after all, and when you buy it you are helping them live and build a new monastery.
Some of you have been hoping … Continue reading
From a seminarian:
I’m a seminarian studying at a certain ____ seminary (guess). I
have begun the practice of drinking Mystic Monk coffee. I’m am curious about the means by which you brew your Mystic Monk coffee. I have a standard Black … Continue reading
While I was ordering some Mystic Monk Coffee for myself, I noticed that they sell large format bags of 5 lbs.
This would be a good idea for rectories and religious houses or simply for all of you who consume a … Continue reading
was so impressed by the proposed plans for the new Carmelite Monastery in Wyoming, that I decided to check out Mystic Monk Coffee and help them peddle some.
Pounds and Grounds and Compounds … Continue reading
I deeply admire religious communities who make and sell things to support their life and apostolates.
Take for example the Carmelites behind Mystic Monk Coffee.
How many pounds of coffee do you have to sell in order to build this?
This is a … Continue reading
A kind reader recently sent me a bag of Mystic Monk coffee beans.
I tried it this morning.
This is "Hermit’s Bold Blend".
I will have to try a stronger batch tomorrow. I like a pretty sturdy brew.
This was not bad, … Continue reading