You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- louder said Interesting that no religious order was asked to p...
- Giuseppe said Mommir – I went after Mass today. The Morga...
- Joe of St Thérèse said God grant you many years Father :)
- Dustin and Jamie P. said Happy Anniversary, Father! You are in our prayers.
- ray from mn said It is interesting that the administrator of the Pr...
- MarrakeshEspresso said I’m only a little late, but happy anniversar...
- KAS said A blessed anniversary Father Z! Thank you for all...
- monmir said Ducky looks very good, happy anniversary Father, p...
- Kathleen10 said oh that’s so sweet! his holding her cloak t...
- Katylamb said Happy anniversary Father Z.
- Wallace said Planetary Trinity Tonight: look up after sunset to...
- JamesA said Many, many thanks and joyful congratulations to yo...
- Bea said Congratulations Father, Thank you for your faithfu...
- Marianna said Beautiful liturgy from Moscow, but the Orthodox ar...
- Charivari Rob said “…the flight crew was apologizing to m...
- JKnott said Happy Anniversary Father Z!
- Tim Capps said No doubt the Orthodox service is beautiful. Orthod...
- skl said Heard an excellent homily today which I will proba...
- skl said What brings you to NYC, Father? I sad to have miss...
- MaryAgnesLamb said HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. FR. Z!!! Ad multos annos! Than...
- Elizabeth D said LOL! Fr Z, you never disappoint! I am surprised ba...
- Patt said I do not know who is behind it–BUT it seems...
- jhayes said The suicide at Notre Dame was regularized quickly....
- wanda said I wasn’t aware, but Happy Anniversary, Fr. Z...
- Zephyrinus1 said Many congratulations, Fr, on the Anniversary of yo...
- Catholic Hokie said A couple of points I took away from the survey, es...
- StWinefride said In your charity, please pray for the repose of the...
- Stephen Matthew said That is a tricky situation for a seminarian. I kn...
- Giuseppe said Happy Anniversary, Father Z. If you get to NYC thi...
- Suburbanbanshee said Happy anniversary, Father Z! May Jesus strengthen...
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- The Feeder Feed: packed museum edition
- Ahhhh…. ducky!
- Liberal survey of priests on new translation is inaccurate
- WDTPRS: Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself (1962MR)
- My view for a while
- QUAERITUR: Communion on Saturday evening, then twice on Sunday?
- WDTPRS Trinity Sunday – shared glory, majesty’s gift
- Something funny for Friday
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
“Subscribe” to Mystic Monk Coffee! It will be sent to you each month.
I am grateful for donations from: AB (monthly), AS, MD (Rome), GC, HE (anniversary), GS (monthly), GP (monthly), FN (monthly), KA, BB (monthly), KB (monthly), RE, KT, JB (monthly), CM (monthly), AN (monthly), KP, RM, JP (monthly), ER (monthly), JS, JL (monthly), MR (monthly), MF (monthly), MD (monthly), LW (monthly), SM (monthly), Fr RH (monthly), VS (monthly), VW (monthly), MZ (monthly), JN (monthly), MH, MCB, CG (monthly), SS (monthly), DS (monthly), WH (monthly), CD (monthly), MR (monthly), SH (monthly), CP (monthly), KS (amazon gift card), MP (Rome), AM (monthly), MMcG (monthly), PG, LS (monthly), CO’C (monthly), MF (monthly), CB, RMcE (monthly), JB (monthly), SS (monthly), SC, PL (monthly), NA (monthly), AP! (Rome), TB (monthly), AM (ammo), RPF (monthly), PM, MK (monthly), BB (monthly), PG (Rome), BA (Rome), WH (Rome), MH (Rome), SS (Rome), DJ (Rome), JD (Rome), JNR (Rome), TT (monthly), MJC (monthly), RM (Rome), SC (Rome), MT (Rome), PK (Rome), Fr TE (Rome), JL (Rome), CD, MF, CK (monthly), DM (monthly), RB, PMG (Rome), HE, HB, LM (put me over the April goal!), FH, AB (monthly), ES (monthly), JD (monthly), CD, CB (monthly), PR (monthly), AD (monthly), VC, ML (monthly), YJJ, DM (monthly), AR (monthly), RR (monthly) – Gratias vobis persolvo!
Support the US Military Archdiocese
As of 28 February 2013, Basil has left his position of running the rat-race on the side bar. He now has retired to his own page HERE.
“This blog is rather like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” - Fr. Z
What I am reading and watching
Our Lady of the Clergy, Pray for us!
Fr. Z’s Podcast Feed