Fr. Z’s Rome Trip Fund…CLICK TO SEND ME FAR AWAY!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- pelerin said Therese mentions a ‘liturgical change coming...
- Imrahil said Dear @Tina-in-Ashburn, well, I did read the bull n...
- Supertradmum said oops take–glasses wrong!!!!prescription̷
- Supertradmum said Thanks, she decided to send in builders to fix it...
- Stephen Matthew said Even those things not especially apocalyptic or di...
- Stephen Matthew said Solemn Vespers in a Cathedral, (particularly joine...
- Stephen Matthew said I should rather not hear the readings, or any othe...
- VexillaRegis said Dear Supertradmum, I’m praying for you!
- Supertradmum said urgent..house I had to live in for six months is n...
- Charivari Rob said Thank you, PostCatholic – that made it easy...
- Therese said Thanks, Father G, for running that St. Joseph prop...
- Maltese said History is written by those who write history.
- Therese said “There’s a liturgical change coming up that...
- Del said My confession: I can tolerate guitar strumming, b...
- carolina publican said I am not a canon lawyer, or a civil one, though I...
- Douglas Kraeger said Please correct me if I am wrong in the following....
- PostCatholic said Nice letter from a Unitarian hero. There’s a...
- The Sicilian Woman said YES! **fist pump** In contrast to his being the m...
- Tina in Ashburn said Dear @Imrahil, The excerpt is about unlawful powe...
- Skeinster said Two requests, please: For a young mother of two,...
- Father G said Jimmy Akin from Catholic Answers says he spoke to...
- Kathleen10 said I’m long convinced the Americans of the past...
- brhenry said I am confused. Are the dates of “accomplish...
- jaykay said jhayes: it will provide a view of how well they...
- Subvet said Oh Mommy, please make the stupid man shut up!
- MangiaMamma said Attended a Thanksgiving Mass today for one of our...
- xsosdid said My daughter Mary had her grade 8 grad last evening...
- Mike Morrow said O’Hannigan writes: “Second (and also...
- rcg said ‘O’zymandias.
- jhayes said Jaykay, July 12 is coming. It should give us a cha...
Show public support!
Wyoming Catholic College!
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Acton U 2013: Day 1
- “Better to die honorably in the field than ignominiously hang upon the gallows.”
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV
- “When ‘Guitar Masses’ became a chew toy between traditionalists and progressives
- Pres. Obama sticks his nose into Catholic education in IRELAND
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- What is your good news?
- QUAERITUR: Wouldn’t audible prayers in the Extraordinary Form be better?
- Request for Prayers
- WDTPRS 11th Ordinary Sunday: God begins and completes the meritorious things we do
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday after Pentecost – Our rebellious wills.
- Irish PM ‘c’atholic Enda Kenny – what a classy guy
- What is “lobby” all about in the Vatican “gay lobby” chatter going on?
- POLLS: Latin and/or Vernacular at Low Mass (TLM)
- Hunger Bones
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS and MASS for benefactors
- QUAERITUR: Vernacular only readings in traditional Low Mass?
- Different confessional practices/customs around the world
- CLERGY and CLERGY ON CALL Car Magnets
- Want a TLM in your parish? Here is how it was done in one place!
- QUAERITUR: Confessional etiquette
- Catholic League’s head: Pope Francis should expel Vatican’s ‘Gay Lobby’
- Human rights? Over-rated.
- Nancy Pelosi: late-term abortion “sacred ground”
- WISCONSIN: Legislation requiring ultrasounds
- Of Star Wars and Immanentism and Birdcages and Elite Snobbery. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Schadenfreude and Reform of the Roman Curia
- QUAERITUR: Distance of a priest’s valid consecration
- Document ready for close of Year of Faith
- Of Devils and Agencies and Metadata and You
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… check it out!
You keep this blog going.
Tag Archives: College of Cardinals
Fr. Lombardi indicated during the press briefing today (going on as I write), that the date of the beginning of the Conclave may be announced this evening, at 7 p.m. Rome time.
It would probably - not for sure – be early … Continue reading
I am sure an official translation will come out soon, if not already, but I wanted to savor the last official words of Pope Benedict XVI. I did my own, below. The last off-the-cuff remarks at the window at Castel … Continue reading
The Archbishop of Los Angeles, Most Rev. José H. Gomez, has said “Effective immediately, I have informed Cardinal Mahony that he will no longer have any administrative or public duties.” See the pdf of the letter HERE.
What this means is … Continue reading
You may have heard, but the Pope created a few more Cardinals today, 22 to be exact, though several are over 80 years of age and therefore cannot enter or vote in a conclave.
Each cardinal is assigned a church in … Continue reading
I have received several queries about what would happen if, before the upcoming consistory and the “creation” of the new cardinals, the Holy Father were to – quod Deus avertat – die.
Would the men whose names were already announced be … Continue reading
My old mentor Msgr. Schuler used to ask the unwary: “What’s the difference between a priest and a monsignor? … None. But often the monsignor doesn’t know it.”
To be made a cardinal of Holy Church brings with the office some … Continue reading
The list is out.
I was pleased to see that one of my profs from the Augustinianum was on the list, though he is over 80, Prosper Grech, OSA. Trappé never had the red hat.
I was sad that good old Archbp. … Continue reading
I have been contemplating the buzz about the Consistory, which will more than like be announced today (6 Jan, Epiphany).
My admiration for Pope Benedict is pretty obvious, I should think.
That said, when I think about composition of the College, that … Continue reading
CNA has this:
Vatican City, Jan 5, 2012 / 05:12 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The Vatican is refusing to deny media speculation that Pope Benedict XVI will announce a list of new cardinals as early as tomorrow.
“You will have to wait for … Continue reading