Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- hilltop: There should be a badge that Father Z can wear and also display on his blog banner. A symbol indicating his exclusion from Rosica’s List. Hmmmm, oh, wait! I know: the Sign of the Cross!...
- MrsAnchor: As an aside from this article ..love the photograph depiction. . These days people knowingly CHOOSE the Blue Pill
- Midwest St. Michael: We can trust Fr. Rosica? The same man who told Michael Voris (while covering the first synod on the family a few years ago) that the Church no longer teaches the sin of forni...
- MrsAnchor: Well, the N.O. May find it useful perhaps the EMHCs can find this useful as to not spill Our Lord as so many often do… ..and what about Space travels ?! Haha.. But really anyth...
- Marine Mom: “ O my bags are packed I’ m ready to go…& #8230;. I’m leaving on a jet plane don’t know if I’ll be back again̷ 0;…. Peter, Paul and Mary or John Denver version
- SKAY: Thank you for your list FrAnt. Father Z’s blog is my safe haven when I am looking for truth and sanity. Thank you Father Z.
- iPadre: I believe “end of the world,R 21; no, “end of these times,R 21; yes. At least I hope some of the many prophecies , apparition s, etc… are true. That would mean that...
- semperficatholic: Hahahahaha ! Pathetic!
- jaykay: AtraDicend a: thanks for the Waugh quote – it really encapsulat es the major theme of the whole book. Still, the Flyte family demolish their palatial 18th century London mansi...
- oakdiocesegirl2: I live in Oakland, CA. Today is the fifth day since Paradise (CA) was incinerate d in a few hours and vanished from the face of the earth. A horrible haze has blanketed the Bay...
- jovan66102: Joe in Canada-At least two Bishops of Kansas City, in whose Diocese the offices of the National Catholic Fishwrap are located, have to my knowledged , ordered them to quit using the...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: I believe I am still blocked by him.
- John UK: @Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: 12 November 2018 at 7:10 PM Memento, tuum esse hodie: Deum glorificar e, Iesum imitari, beatissima m Virginem et Sanctos venerari, Angelos invocare, animam...
- richiedel: It’s important to keep in mind that this list is coming from the same man who is known for blocking anyone and everyone on Twitter who has views divergent from his own, even when...
- scotus: Given that Thomas Rosica is, according to Wikipedia, “English language media attaché of the Holy See Press Office”, is Thomas Rosica issuing this list to all English-sp eaking countries? If...
- ChrisP: Satan always let’ s you know what he’s up to! And yes, I think Rosica is almost perfectly possessed.
- Semper Gumby: Thank you to the reader for his first impression s. A helpful book is “Not hing Superfluou s” by Fr. James Jackson. It is a guide to the Extraordin ary Form, and also...
- Luminis: Is this a joke?? Does any faithful Catholic trust The National Catholic Reporter?? How could you not trust the Register?? I cant stop shaking my head over this. The Reporter needs to be...
- Thorfinn: It can be hard to catch people after any Mass, but particular ly Latin Mass. Some families stay after to pray like it’s going out of style. (Or maybe you do and by the time you...
- chantgirl: Dismas- Agreed about seminary prep. Before going to seminary, our young men need the religious version of SERE training! In all honesty, I don’ t think that our culture is all that...
- JabbaPapa: To suggest that these but not those should be hearkened to, the necessity of not listening to outright heretics withstandi ng of course, is pretty much the nature of anti-Catho licism as...
- LarryW2LJ: Holy Fishwrap!
- hwriggles4: I did see EWTN Nightly News last night. Three observatio ns: 1. Cardinal DiNardo seemed that he wanted to proceed with the planned agenda (same with several others – one bishop...
- WmHesch: The real goal of this talk of “approved websites” is SEO/ link building. It will NOT function as an imprimatur . For example, let’s say a story breaks that’s covered by everyone (e.g....
- hwriggles4: Honestly, I think my Protestant brothers and sisters would find this symbol to be ludicrous.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- My View For Awhile: Delayed Edition
- Solipsistic, self-aggrandizing @FatherRosica dares to vet Catholic news sources
- ASK FATHER: “I am doubting that the current Catholic Church is the Church it has always claimed to be”
- Strange Signs, the End Times and YOU
- A reader’s first impressions on attending the Extraordinary Form
- Horrifying Big Business Abortion Ad
- US Bishop begin 2018 November meeting: PRAY & FAST!
- Another really bad idea: Communion Pills
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATED
- Another group of women destroyed by the Vatican Congregation for Religious
- 100th Armistice Day, Veterans Day, Remembrance Day ACTION ITEM!
- @JamesMartinSJ shovels scandalous rubbish to justify sin
- WDTPRS – 32nd Ordinary Sunday: Our Identity and Extreme Ownership
- GERMANY: Catastrophic! USA next? @USCCB bishops meeting and YOU. ACTION ITEM!
- To US Bishops before their @USCCB meeting: Do not be afraid!
- Happy 243rd Birthday USMC!
- ASK FATHER: Some say Advent is not a penitential season.
- FEEDBACK: “I went to confession for the first time in nine years tonight.”
- Blog milestone: 90 Million
- ASK FATHER: If I am in the state of mortal sin, is there any point in praying?
- SCOTUS Justice RBG falls, breaks ribs, hospitalized
- “I had the image of a bishop sinking head downward…. sinking… sinking… clawing at the heavy miter on his head”
- MUST READ: The Papalatrous catholic Left and “Horizonal Schism”
- UPDATED: Holy See repression of a certain kind of bishop with a certain kind of message
- ASK FATHER: “Properly blessed” devotional objects
- Fr. Z muses: repression of Catholic speech and what we can do about it.
- Did an alien vessel just pass by? The mystery of Oumuamua.
- My While For Awhile: Election Day Edition
- JUST TOO COOL! Move to rename Hubble’s Law… for a priest
- Contrasts of projected visions of the Church
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: College of Cardinals
UPDATE 2 Oct:
I received an email from the operations director of this new group. His corrections to the CRUX piece are worth noting:
Dear Fr Z,
My name is Jacob Imam and I’m the operations director of Better Church Governance. I’m thankful … Continue reading
At Il Sismografo I saw some interesting stats about the College of Cardinals.
The College today, 26 June 2018
Total electors – 114
Total non electors – 98
Total College – 212
Cardinals created by John Paul II
Electors – 19
Non electors – 58
Total – 77
Created by … Continue reading
At the English site of Vatican Radio we find the names of the soon-to-be Cardinals. There is something rather odd in the list.
(Vatican Radio) Pope Francis on Sunday announced a consistory for the creation of new Cardinals. He made the … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap the cracks are widening. They are losing John Allen. They closed the combox. MSW is deeply into logorrhea. They are panicky.
Now I see a piece by Thomas Reese, SJ, who was removed from his editor’s position at … Continue reading
Today the Holy Father named new Cardinals, including:
The Pontiff made the announcement during his Angelus address in St Peter’s Square this morning.
The Pope named 15 other voting cardinals:
– Archbishop Pietro Parolin, Vatican Secretary of State;
– Archbishop Lorenzo Baldisseri, Secretary of … Continue reading
More symptoms of The Francis Effect™.
Now that we have the most wonderfullest and fluffiest Pope ehvur, people’s true colors seem to be emerging. It is as if they are rushing to prove the old adage: Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses.
But that … Continue reading
Fr. Lombardi indicated during the press briefing today (going on as I write), that the date of the beginning of the Conclave may be announced this evening, at 7 p.m. Rome time.
It would probably – not for sure – be early … Continue reading
I am sure an official translation will come out soon, if not already, but I wanted to savor the last official words of Pope Benedict XVI. I did my own, below. The last off-the-cuff remarks at the window at Castel … Continue reading
The Archbishop of Los Angeles, Most Rev. José H. Gomez, has said “Effective immediately, I have informed Cardinal Mahony that he will no longer have any administrative or public duties.” See the pdf of the letter HERE.
What this means is … Continue reading
You may have heard, but the Pope created a few more Cardinals today, 22 to be exact, though several are over 80 years of age and therefore cannot enter or vote in a conclave.
Each cardinal is assigned a church in … Continue reading
I have received several queries about what would happen if, before the upcoming consistory and the “creation” of the new cardinals, the Holy Father were to – quod Deus avertat – die.
Would the men whose names were already announced be … Continue reading
My old mentor Msgr. Schuler used to ask the unwary: “What’s the difference between a priest and a monsignor? … None. But often the monsignor doesn’t know it.”
To be made a cardinal of Holy Church brings with the office some … Continue reading
The list is out.
I was pleased to see that one of my profs from the Augustinianum was on the list, though he is over 80, Prosper Grech, OSA. Trappé never had the red hat.
I was sad that good old Archbp. … Continue reading
I have been contemplating the buzz about the Consistory, which will more than like be announced today (6 Jan, Epiphany).
My admiration for Pope Benedict is pretty obvious, I should think.
That said, when I think about composition of the College, that … Continue reading