Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- JonPatrick said We usually have Ham, although I am tempted to make...
- iepuras said Now that I am finally being baptized tonight, we a...
- Woody79 said @ Suzanne–Can I come over to your house to e...
- benedetta said When the Church decides in her wisdom to change th...
- boxerpaws1952 said thank you Di Londra for the explanation.Had no ide...
- Will Elliott said frjim4321: I agree with the “ought,” but I prefer...
- boxerpaws1952 said while it doesn’t set a good example the Pope...
- St. Epaphras said Feet of 12 adult males washed and everything else...
- Vecchio di Londra said boxerpaws – The tradition is for the Pope to...
- Henry Edwards said Why not say it plainly, in terms so simple that ev...
- boxerpaws1952 said i wish on Holy Thur Pope Francis would wash the fe...
- Andreas said Here in the Tirol there is Spinat Palatshinken (l...
- GeekLady said It’s very funny, I just put up a whole post...
- CatholicLiving said When I was growing up my parents always gave us ki...
- Glennonite said Beautiful. Bravo. Thank you again. And though I...
- Packrraat said Our Lady of Lourdes, Seaford, DE. We had only 2 ma...
- Tamquam said Thank you very much, Father. I certainly have fou...
- Bea said Don’t remember food from long past. (except...
- majuscule said Hmm. I think we have good ammo here for combox dis...
- Michael said At my NO parish, there were mostly women having th...
- jameeka said Wow. Thank you deeply for these LentcaZts which ha...
- acardnal said Supertradmum, good to see you online again. Have a...
- SKAY said “I don’t think there’s much humility evident...
- benedetta said Broccoli rabe lol
- benedetta said Every year on this day for the last several years...
- majuscule said Portuguese Easter Bread! Sweat and eggy, toasted a...
- Supertradmum said Lamb, dolmathas, spanikopita, baklava, fruit cake...
- mamajen said Butter lamb! I went to college in Buffalo and they...
- APX said My dad has an old Hungarian custom for Good Friday...
- Suzanne Carl said Beef brisket! Slow smoked and roasted until the f...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: College of Cardinals
Over at Fishwrap the cracks are widening. They are losing John Allen. They closed the combox. MSW is deeply into logorrhea. They are panicky.
Now I see a piece by Thomas Reese, SJ, who was removed from his editor’s position at … Continue reading
Today the Holy Father named new Cardinals, including:
The Pontiff made the announcement during his Angelus address in St Peter’s Square this morning.
The Pope named 15 other voting cardinals:
- Archbishop Pietro Parolin, Vatican Secretary of State;
- Archbishop Lorenzo Baldisseri, Secretary of … Continue reading
More symptoms of The Francis Effect™.
Now that we have the most wonderfullest and fluffiest Pope ehvur, people’s true colors seem to be emerging. It is as if they are rushing to prove the old adage: Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses.
But that … Continue reading
Fr. Lombardi indicated during the press briefing today (going on as I write), that the date of the beginning of the Conclave may be announced this evening, at 7 p.m. Rome time.
It would probably - not for sure – be early … Continue reading
I am sure an official translation will come out soon, if not already, but I wanted to savor the last official words of Pope Benedict XVI. I did my own, below. The last off-the-cuff remarks at the window at Castel … Continue reading
The Archbishop of Los Angeles, Most Rev. José H. Gomez, has said “Effective immediately, I have informed Cardinal Mahony that he will no longer have any administrative or public duties.” See the pdf of the letter HERE.
What this means is … Continue reading
You may have heard, but the Pope created a few more Cardinals today, 22 to be exact, though several are over 80 years of age and therefore cannot enter or vote in a conclave.
Each cardinal is assigned a church in … Continue reading
I have received several queries about what would happen if, before the upcoming consistory and the “creation” of the new cardinals, the Holy Father were to – quod Deus avertat – die.
Would the men whose names were already announced be … Continue reading
My old mentor Msgr. Schuler used to ask the unwary: “What’s the difference between a priest and a monsignor? … None. But often the monsignor doesn’t know it.”
To be made a cardinal of Holy Church brings with the office some … Continue reading