Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Louis said I am so excited to see it there!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said 28% fulfillment so far! Sock by sock. Keep it goin...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said mimiwnc says: Your Lentcazts have made a differenc...
- mimiwnc said Your Lentcazts have made a difference in our home....
- mimiwnc said The separate podcasts of The Way of The Cross are...
- jameeka said Thank you Father Z for the wonderful sermon by Pop...
- Frank_Bearer said You just wait until the bishop hears about this! T...
- jaykay said Just been to confession, at lunchbreak. Many peopl...
- Sonshine135 said I couldn’t think of a better place to be the...
- Sonshine135 said A blessed Triduum and Easter to all. Behold the Ma...
- LarryW2LJ said Ready? Yes, Fr. Ready to make this Triduum as mea...
- Simon_GNR said May Benedict XVI have a long and happy retirement,...
- Skeinster said Our parish was asked to pray for Jason, father of...
- Skeinster said Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Fr. Z....
- JonPatrick said Have a blessed trip, hopefully the weather will be...
- tjmurphy said At my church we have the pastor and two priests. E...
- Absit invidia said He was a humble, patient, and respectful pope R...
- MaryMargaret said Oh, well, he is the Papa emeritus, no? So I call h...
- Betsy said Two pair from me. And lots of prayers. Remember...
- St. Corbinian's Bear said Ha, brings to mind my “milione lire” c...
- Supertradmum said I am in deep countryside in the Midwest and cannot...
- Supertradmum said Have a safe and wonderful trip, Father Z., and ple...
- benedetta said @MaryMargaret…what you said! Though, I woul...
- MaryMargaret said Grandpapa Benedetto, I do love you. God bless you...
- teejay329 said Oh my goodness people…get up earlier to have...
- teejay329 said To Seattle…wouldn’t a Father Z reader...
- Sword40 said Father, Say “hello” to our friends, Li...
- Ed the Roman said He may be quiet. So are the Carthusians, but I don...
- Robbie said I join others when I say I miss him as Pope. I of...
- CatholicLiving said Beautiful. For us, Tenebrae tonight. This is a goo...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
- Your Palm Sunday notes
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday – “pause, take time to reflect”
- I’m sure the content has nothing to do with their choice.
- The ‘c’atholic Left, Faketivism, and You
- SAUDI ARABIA: Woman professes Christ. Eyes and mouth SEWN SHUT
- The Magisterium of Sophomores: another High School explosion
- WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – the transforming example
- Msgr. Guido Marini reconfirmed as Papal MC
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Communion service
From a reader:
Whilst on holiday in Bournemouth, UK I called into one of the RC churches to say a few prayers. It seemed as though Mass was about to begin but, to my great shock, a lay woman went up … Continue reading
From a reader:
We have a shortage of priests in our diocese in England, not so short that we can’t have Sunday Mass. but occasionally weekday Mass might not be available in a Parish. When are these services of Word and … Continue reading
My friend Fr Ray Blake, parish priest in Brighton, has a good analysis of the phenomenon of lay people – lay women – leading Communion services in the absence of priests. Many of us have had the experience of hearing … Continue reading
From a reader:
I was just reading my parish’s bulletin and noticed that next week
there is no Mass on Saturday or Sunday because the priest is away.
Instead the deacon is leading a Liturgy of the Word with a Communion Service in place … Continue reading
From a reader:
At Mass yesterday morning, the substitute priest forgot to show up.
Several members of the congregation took it upon themselves to have a “Communion Service” with all the readings, etc. One of the EMHCs
opened the Tabernacle and got the … Continue reading
From a reader:
Recently a friend of mine went to what he thought was Mass, but actually turned out to be a eucharistic service on a Sunday. He says the ordinary priest was absent but another person (assuming a priest as … Continue reading