Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- SanSan: Silence = Death
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: As a homebrewer , I warmly approve of their beer. I intend to become a subscriber after the new year.
- cwillia1: Consider an all male hierarchic al organizati on that requires perpetual sexual continence of its members and treats same sex attraction s as seriously disordered . It is obvious that...
- Bellarmino Vianney: “How ever, I know for a fact that homosexual s and mafiosi and all manner of dangerous actors run together, for their interests overlap. 8221; This is likely also the...
- HvonBlumenthal: Abp Vigano makes an important point about why it is specifical ly a problem of homosexual ity. Heterosexu al “0hilander ers” do not organise to recruit other philandere rs or create...
- maternalView: Thanks for the PDF. I’m sharing it. It’s helpful to have all that in one handy booklet.
- PostCatholic: I’ve always wondered about that carnival game where the impossible talk is to catch a greased pig, how do they grease the pigs in the first place? Now we know. Fascinatin g to...
- bigtex: “Again, Viganò has uncovered the root of The Present Crisis: homosexual s and homosexual predation – with the sodocleric alism that results.” No, the root of the crisis started a century...
- John Nelson: The Cannons of St John Cantius also have their 2019 Ordo available. You can order it from their bookstore, Biretta Books, at https://ww w.birettab ooks.com. Also FSSP has theirs...
- maternalView: Yes, there are many good apostolate s that operate with a tight budget and trust in God’ s blessings. We need to support them! I don’ t even like beer but I̵...
- maternalView: This was an excellent letter. Pray for him.
- PanOrganista: Dear Vincent, I don’ t know if you will read this, but I hope that you do. I know EXACTLY how you feel, because I am carrying the same cross; and there are days when I wonder...
- Dan: Pray for Pope Francis. Not to take on a conspiracy . But. Thinking of Paul Harvey “if I were the Devil” If I were the devil. I would know that I can’t takw the seat of peter but that I can...
- Dan: I predict a homily on the “great accuser” in the near future. Pray for Bishop Viganò. Pray for the Church. Hail Mary, full of grace̷ 0;..
- TonyO: Some of these documents are in the files of bishops, covered by canonical rules for confidenti ality. Oullet claims that there are matters he cannot divulge. We need someone with high...
- Julia_Augusta: I also joined the Latin Mass Society of England and Wales last year. They are very active in promoting the TLM and vocations. I never made it to one of their pilgrimage s but one...
- Kathleen10: The voice of the shepherd is easily recognized .
- AnthonyJ: Prayers for this brave bishopR 17;s safety.
- AnthonyJ: Prayers for this brave bishopR 17;s safety.
- Shonkin: It’s a serious error (and a derelictio n of our duty) to withhold all contributi ons from the Church. Some — maybe all — contributi ons should be withheld from the...
- Benedict Joseph: @mibethda: Thank you for pointing to the admonition from Robert Moynihan. I dropped my subscripti on five years ago when he refused to abandon a servile dispositio n in the face of...
- mibethda: Dr. Robert Moynihan, editor in chief of the Inside the Vatican Magazine – a strong supporter of the Papacy, especially under John Paul II (under whose encouragem ent the magaz...
- Therese: The Age of Prophets is NOT dead: the sheer power of his witness takes my breath away.
- iamlucky13: I feel an apprehensi ve knot in my stomach as I read this, because it is evident that no easy dismissals of his claims are possible. He states his awareness of the potential eternal...
- rosula: God bless Archbp. Carlo Maria Viganò. He’s paving the way for the restoratio n of the Church under the leadership of Cardinal Robert Sarah.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- WDTPRS – 29th Ordinary Sunday: Pregnancy and Glory
- Liturgical Ordo for the upcoming liturgical year, 2019.
- Terrific Benedictine Monks of Norcia! Yes, great things are also going on and YOU can participate.
- #ViganoTestimony 3.0! Powerful response to accusations, points to crisis of homosexuality #sodoclericalism
- The massive, glaring, screaming lacuna in #Synod2018
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and priests who can say them
- WHAT IS THAT? Francis wearing rainbow colored Cross.
- 23 October: Bp. Egan of @PortsmouthRC calls for Masses of Reparation
- Eugenics in our recent past
- Some good news from Montana, a laugh, and some reactions to Paul VI canonization
- 16 October 1978: Election of John Paul II – 40 YEARS!
- Archbp. Chaput interviewed by The Pill – #sodoclericalism
- Fr. Longenecker: “ALL ARE WELCOME…TO WHAT EXACTLY?”
- #Synod2018 concerns in a couple of sharp sentences. Then Fr. Z rants.
- 15 Oct: St. Teresa, calendars and fascinating fountains! (A note to NAC seminarians and Rome denizens.)
- ASK FATHER: Celebrating Conciliar Saint Popes in the Traditional Roman Rite
- The future of the Church (hint – NOT #Synod2018)
- How the Left rolls
- #Synod2018 underway but there are no rules. Making it up as they go?
- ASK FATHER: Coalition in Support of “Ecclessia Dei” – What’s up?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Dodging Global Extinction Events
- VIDEO: Pro-abortion propaganda v. Catholics in NYC
- JUST TOO COOL: The ‘tricolours’ ensign of Le Généreux, captured by Nelson on display
- ASK FATHER: Pastor won’t allow TLM wedding in “his church”
- WDTPRS – 28th Ordinary Sunday: Fascinating Collect, seminar on grace!
- The unhinged Left now turns to satanism, witchcraft to fight Pres. Trump, Justice Kavanaugh
- SSPX Superior Fr. Pagliarani interview: “we have to have souls ready for all sorts of sacrifices”
- What to do with former-Card. McCarrick’s galero in the @WashArchdiocese Cathedral
- Something fun for Friday
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: conclave
Had Benedict XVI made the sanctions known, then creepy McCarrick wouldn’t have been near the 2013 conclave
I know that a lot is coming at you right now. This made me put my sandwich down and think.
My friend Fr. Gerald Murray, whom you see on the web and on EWTN especially with Prof. Royal, penned a piece … Continue reading
From a reader…
If a Pope wanted to ensure that the next holder of his office would be of like mind and continue his policies, is there any moral or theological impediment to his naming his own successor before his death?
Interesting theoretical question. I … Continue reading
From a reader…
Canonically speaking, if a Pope emeritus were alive at the time of the conclave to elect his successor’s successor, given he was a Cardinal and Pontiff, may he vote if he were under 80 years old? If he … Continue reading
I direct the readership’s attention to an interview (HERE) that Ed Pentin (of The Rigging of a Synod fame) has a fascinating interview with journalist Paul Badde who was in the right place at the right time (wrong place and time?) to learn … Continue reading
His Holiness Pope Francis has begun his Mass in the Sistine Chapel with all the Cardinals. Thus we bring to an end the Conclave rites, though the conclave is officially over now. Some shots and comments (for as long a … Continue reading
Just a few pics I took last night, to share something of the moment and my view.
From my phone:
An exhausted me.
Note the edge of the Roman hat.
These are the guys I was standing near. Happy, diocesan men. They aren’t part … Continue reading
From this morning..,
INTERNET NEAR ST PETER’S IS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE!
Today I was planning on posting something about the Latin versions of first names of Cardinals whom the Electors may chose as the next Pope. The first indication will be the former Cardinal’s first name, in Latin, in the accusative. … Continue reading
From a seminarian:
I just got done praying for good weather in Rome.
I thought it would be interesting to hear what seminaries are doing during this Conclave, and especially how they will celebrate when our new Pope is elected.
Here in Saint … Continue reading
This comes from CNA. My emphases and comments.
Vatican details how new smoke signals are produced
Vatican City, Mar 12, 2013 / 05:19 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Varying chemical compounds have replaced wet straw and pitch to produce the Vatican smoke signal that … Continue reading
Which U.S. major secular network has the best Papal Conclave coverage so far?
I am hearing great things about what CBS is doing this time around.
What are you hearing and seeing? What are your reactions to the commentary?
Use the combox below.
Our friends at Rorate have a great idea. As I promote a revival of confession, they promote prayer for poor souls. They have a prayer for the poor souls to interceded for the Cardinal Electors. I think we all want, … Continue reading
And so it begins.
The procession leaves the Pauline Chapel to go around the corner into the Sistine
Card. Re, the senior Cardinal Elector, guides the process.
At the beginning of the procession he prays:
Cum sacris litaverimus, nunc Conclave, ad eligendum Romanum … Continue reading
We had a first poll HERE. I took the top 15 results and offer them again for your opinion as the conclave begins today!
The combox is open for your explanations. Anyone can vote, but you have to have an approved … Continue reading