You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- maskaggs said Without denigrating the value of introspection on...
- Andkaras said asking all God’s greatest blessings for mama...
- Panterina said Lost my job yesterday, after 16 years. I have to p...
- Phil_NL said Frankly, the only thing I could do upon reading th...
- Laura Lea said Thank you very much Mr. Masked Chicken. I very mu...
- totustuusmaria said Even if it did not encourage vocations, the servic...
- CatholicCoffee said I would like to echo Jack Hughes’ request, t...
- cyriss01 said @Patrick-K. If I heard that prayer at the Holy Sac...
- cyriss01 said If I were a priest and I absolutely had to say the...
- Wade said Those that complain about the 2011 translation are...
- Patrick-K said I don’t understand how it can be justified t...
- moon1234 said One other suggestion would be to use the manufactu...
- Kathy C said The feelings and egos of girls and women do count....
- moon1234 said There has not been 64bit non-compliant hardware fo...
- CatholicCoffee said Fr. Z., you have forgotten to add to the end of yo...
- Long-Skirts said CRIMSON RED Red cassocks For the Altar boys At Mas...
- Jennifer_Fitz said I voted all-male encourages, because of the obviou...
- Joe in Canada said And pray to St Joseph for a happy death.
- Joe in Canada said ps I would also add that most of the text, includi...
- Joe in Canada said As far as I can tell the survey neglected to analy...
- VexillaRegis said mamajen: What a cutie your new baby is! Big brothe...
- mamajen said Thank you everyone! I uploaded a few photos for th...
- BridgetTheresa said For a special intention, through Our Lady Undoer o...
- Giuseppe said I still struggle with why God (causes/allows) disa...
- LaxMom25 said We had “The Voice” on last night with...
- joan ellen said 1. Congratulations mamajen on your good news. 2. f...
- jbpolhamus said How do I apply?!
- LarryW2LJ said Chicken, I believe that those are FRS radios (Fami...
- MikeM said For my grandfather, who’s begun that period...
- Supertradmum said Food stores in England, even huge ones like Sainsb...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: condoms
National Review has a mordant piece by Mark Steyn. There are good points here. He links the so-called “social issues” (and if they go wrong, everything else must necessarily go wrong) and the partisan political mud fight, and … Continue reading
Cong. for Doctrine of the Faith issues a note: On the trivilization of sexuality – Regarding certain interpretations of “Light of the World”
The Holy See’ Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has issued a clarification about the Holy Father’s comments about HIV and condoms made in his book interview Light of the World: The Pope, the Church and the Signs of … Continue reading
I have a hard time trusting the press when reporting things such as this. I am inclined to believe what LifeSite reports.
Still, I think this requires additional explanations.
I thought that the Russian Orthodox Church and the Catholic Church were drawing … Continue reading
Sandro Magister, Italian Vaticanista, has a thought provoking piece today which deals with criticisms of Pope Benedict XVI and what he said offered by his supporters.
I’ll include here just the first part. Go to Magister’s site for the whole thing.
But … Continue reading
Hell’s Bible (aka The New York Times) had this story yesterday. It is written by David Gibson, David Gibson, a writer for PoliticsDaily.com and author of “The Rule of Benedict: Pope Benedict XVI and His Battle With the … Continue reading
The misrepresentations of the Pope’s words in his book-interview are ricocheting around, developing their own buzz.
WHO welcomes the Pope’s statement on condoms
MANILA, 25 November 2010—The World Health Organization (WHO) today welcomed a statement by Pope Benedict XVI … Continue reading
When it comes to the Condom Conundrum the National Catholic Fishwrap‘s commentators are living down to our expectations.
To wit one Phyllis Zagano who is “senior research associate-in-residence at Hofstra University and author of several books in Catholic Studies. Her book Women … Continue reading
USEFUL ANALOGY ALERT
“Pope Approves Padded Pipes for Mugging”
You would do well to read this carefully and use it in conversations.
Fr. Joseph Fessio, SJ, wrote a piece for Reuters which means that it will get a little visibility.
Did the Pope … Continue reading
Here is a CNS story by fellow Minnesotan John Thavis with my emphases and comments.
Vatican clarifies pope’s reference to ‘male prostitute’ in condoms comment
Posted on November 23, 2010 by John Thavis
VATICAN CITY — When Pope Benedict commented in a new … Continue reading