Christmas shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Kathleen10 said These are practical and also supernatural matters....
- Maria G said What is the striking music played near the end of...
- JBS said We are the spiritual version of Belgium. We now h...
- Mike said This is sadly very common. On a good note, at the...
- Chiara said Father – I read this article and was deeply...
- robtbrown said Allow me one last kick against the long dead steed...
- sweetnay said The only Charismatic Parish in our Diocese practic...
- oldCatholigirl said Thanks, Father! Hope you’re feeling better.
- robtbrown said Johnsum says, The Pope is about to recommend comm...
- mamajen said People questioned why my oldest child is not in Ca...
- jmj_telcontar said Hello Fr. Z! Thanks for your emphasis on confessio...
- Matt R said I an shocked they even know the Pater and the Ave....
- John the Mad said Very grim that. My parish in Pickering Ontario (Sa...
- Midwest St. Michael said This may help you, Genevieve: “If you want y...
- Lin said This re-confirms what I have been experiencing at...
- Genevieve said He is deacribing my patish. My children are not ye...
- Grumpy Beggar said Of course it isn’t only misguided efforts to...
- q7swallows said Sans the presentation of “queens,” we...
- Tina in Ashburn said This description simply announces that the objecti...
- RJHighland said We have a couple of priests in our dioceses that a...
- Johnsum said When the usher signals just about everyone stands...
- Johnsum said My earlier comment belongs in the previous posting...
- Johnsum said When the usher signals just about everyone stands...
- Mike said Download on Chrome under Windows 7. Thank you, Fa...
- Netmilsmom said Prayers Up!
- Netmilsmom said This is what happens when the Church becomes Man c...
- John Grammaticus said Sadly one could say this of so many parishes these...
- Cantor said Thank you for your presentation. When you spoke of...
- zrhaskell said I only have two memories from my early catechesis....
- Mike said Plug-in using Chrome on Android 4.4.4. Worked fine...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Thursday Night Football Saturday. Hey! Wait a minute!
- ADVENTCAzT 22: Isaiah, John and Mary
- It’s. Another. Religion.
- ADVENTCAzT 21: The state of mortal sin
- A breakthrough!
- Tough love about the priest shortage
- Request for prayers
- My View For Awhile: Final Flights Edition
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday of Advent (2002MR): Seeing is believing.
- Past and present Vatican, Church involvement in Cuban affairs – Status quaestionis
- What kind of priest thought it was good to whitewash, trash statues, tear out altars?
- “Would it really be totally impossible to admit her to Communion?”
- ADVENTCAzT 20: “Through the figure of St. Joseph….”
- As Che and Fidel gaze on the scene….
- ASK FATHER: Received into Church after strange Presbyterian baptism
- “lingua latina bene calleant”
- ADVENTCAzT 19: Ember Days
- ASK FATHER: Participate in Nativity play during Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Is attending a Rock Mass sacrilege? A mortal sin?
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to an invalid Mormon wedding?
- Pope: To attract people more easily tone down teachings, relax severity… NOT.
- ASK FATHER: Mass in Classical Latin
- ADVENTCAzT 18: Another step forward in our Christmas preparation
- The ‘libido delendi’ that seized the Church, the desire to obliterate… everything
- Card. Burke’s kindness
- ADVENTCAzT 17: “the yearning for something purer and greater”
- ASK FATHER: TLM for 25th Wedding Anniversary
- “One of the great papist characters in modern fiction”
- ADVENTCAzT 16: Love always includes an inexhaustible willingness to forgive
- ASK FATHER: Mistake about minister of Sacrament of Matrimony and validity
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: confession
From a Chinese reader who asks for help:
I am a Chinese Catholic and many of our prayers are translations from some original Latin edition.
One of the most beautiful is the traditional Act of Contrition which is still commonly used in … Continue reading
Pope Francis talks about going to confession. He talks about confession a lot. As a matter of fact, he talks about more than his predecessors did.
Now comes this.
Vatican City, Mar 23, 2014 / 06:38 am (CNA).- During his Sunday … Continue reading
What is it I have been shouting?
Pope: Be courageous, go to confession
Vatican City, Feb 19, 2014 / 04:57 am (CNA).- During his Wednesday audience, Pope Francis encouraged the pilgrims filling St. Peter’s Square to receive the sacrament of reconciliation. … Continue reading
The Canonical Defender is back! Canonist Ed Peters has taken it on himself to correct a few of the myriad – and I suggest purposeful – errors/lies in John Cornwell’s new anti-Catholic hit job.
Remember how Cornwell distorted the record about … Continue reading
ASK FATHER: “Did you desire to completely destroy your relationship with God?” A serious error some priests are into.
From a reader…
Recently went to confession at a parish near my new job. I hadn’t been there ever before. I mentioned the phrase “mortal sin”. The priest said, “I don’t think there was any mortal sin. Mortal sin requires three … Continue reading
From a reader:
A confessor I go to has recently made it his practice to whisper the words of absolution while I am saying the Act of Contrition. The first time he did this I did not catch it and after … Continue reading
From a priest:
Do the faithful have the right to anonymous confession? If anonymous confession is not available, are they excused from confession until they can get to an anonymous confession? Do priests have a right to anonymous confession?
Can 964 § 2 … Continue reading
From a reader:
My daughter came home from confession last night and said Fr. M was using his Ipad during her confession. She was behind the wall/grate but you can easily see through it. She also heard him whispering while he … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a problem. Whenever I go to confession (traditional screened booth), my confessors can recognize my voice, and sometimes indicate that they know it’s me.
I abhor this with a deep purple abhorrence, and am now really self-conscious when I … Continue reading
From CBCP News I read a story about a priest who, to facilitate confessions of the people who are hearing/speech impaired, came up with an idea.
Two computers that are hard connected together, no wi-fi, etc., on which penitent and priest confessor … Continue reading