Fr. Z’s Rome Trip Fund…CLICK TO SEND ME FAR AWAY!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- JonPatrick said Well said Brother Forde. One area where we in the...
- jaykay said Br. Tom Forde: you put your finger on it. The root...
- Br. Tom Forde OFM Cap said I hope your lunch was enjoyable! Absit invidia &...
- StJude said Sadly.. I dont think we can recover from ObamaR...
- Absit invidia said Up until the mid 2000′s I was hearing script...
- Giuseppe said I always pray directly to God. I know the saints...
- LarryW2LJ said I would like to say something witty or wise, but w...
- shin said Or Pope St. Pius X: ‘Obviously the need of t...
- shin said What kind of education does the President wants ch...
- Norah said I would have loved to hear the talk on the school...
- Norah said Dr Gregg is an expat Australian. He replied very...
- Stvsmith2009 said On Sunday, June 16, the patriarch of the Maronite...
- PA mom said I was a recipient of Pope John Paul II’s int...
- Imrahil said (Comment above was an addition to a comment in mod...
- Imrahil said in favor of global capitalism (in the distributist...
- dmreed said Oh gosh, my apologies for misspelling Mr. Voris...
- Christine Niles said “Voris is a kind man, courageous, but kind.&...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said johnnyDmunoz says: I remember a while back someone...
- Fr Jackson said It seems to me that prudence would demand some mor...
- Giuseppe said One of my favorite monologues from Father Guido Sa...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Tomato lobbers rarely contribute helpfully to conv...
- contrarian said Duly noting that I’m lobbing tomatoes from t...
- Tina in Ashburn said Father Z, the conference looks like a great time,...
- Clinton R. said I too would urge caution in the canonization of Po...
- Father G said Here is another link from the USCCB with the Engli...
- inexcels said I’m afraid I don’t have high hopes for...
- inexcels said My problem with distributism is that the sources I...
- Anonymous Seminarian said JonPatrick: Fortescue’s book is fantastic f...
- moconnor said Please! Your first line shouldn’t be so deba...
- TomG said ocalatrad: the only thing “objectionableR...
Show public support!
Wyoming Catholic College!
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Gregg’s: Are we becoming Europe?
- 2nd miracle for John Paul II takes another step forward
- Acton U 2013: Day 1 (with UPDATES)
- “Better to die honorably in the field than ignominiously hang upon the gallows.”
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV
- “When ‘Guitar Masses’ became a chew toy between traditionalists and progressives
- Pres. Obama sticks his nose into Catholic education in IRELAND
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- What is your good news?
- QUAERITUR: Wouldn’t audible prayers in the Extraordinary Form be better?
- Request for Prayers
- WDTPRS 11th Ordinary Sunday: God begins and completes the meritorious things we do
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday after Pentecost – Our rebellious wills.
- Irish PM ‘c’atholic Enda Kenny – what a classy guy
- What is “lobby” all about in the Vatican “gay lobby” chatter going on?
- POLLS: Latin and/or Vernacular at Low Mass (TLM)
- Hunger Bones
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS and MASS for benefactors
- QUAERITUR: Vernacular only readings in traditional Low Mass?
- Different confessional practices/customs around the world
- CLERGY and CLERGY ON CALL Car Magnets
- Want a TLM in your parish? Here is how it was done in one place!
- QUAERITUR: Confessional etiquette
- Catholic League’s head: Pope Francis should expel Vatican’s ‘Gay Lobby’
- Human rights? Over-rated.
- Nancy Pelosi: late-term abortion “sacred ground”
- WISCONSIN: Legislation requiring ultrasounds
- Of Star Wars and Immanentism and Birdcages and Elite Snobbery. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Schadenfreude and Reform of the Roman Curia
- QUAERITUR: Distance of a priest’s valid consecration
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… check it out!
You keep this blog going.
Tag Archives: confessional
From a reader:
When going to confession, if you know the priest is a Monsignor (name plate on confessional) would you begin, “Forgive me, Monsignor, for I have sinned,” or stay with the simple, “Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned?”
There … Continue reading
I don’t know if I have mentioned it lately but… GO TO CONFESSION!
For that to be possible priests have to get into the box and hear confessions.
To this end, I point you to an amusing post by Fr. John Valenchek, … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am trying to figure out what was the rationale to change the rite of confession to allow for face-to-face confessions. I have read the documents of Vatican II, but did not see anything there specifically addressing this, … Continue reading
From a reader:
I went to make confession at a local parish, but saw the priest walking around near the confessional. Since it’s not a priest I wanted to make my confession to, I left to go to another church. On … Continue reading
QUAERITUR: Long confession lines, having only venial sins, and blocking someone else’s chance to confess
From a reader:
Last week I was in line for a long time, and finally entered the confessional around 3:25. As I was leaving, the sacristan came in behind me to tell Father it was time to prepare for Mass. There were still a … Continue reading
From a reader:
When does the Seal of Confession actually take affect in that the priest can’t say anything outside of the Confessional? For example, if someone goes into the confessional/reconciliation room with no intention of confessing, but some form of … Continue reading
BISHOPS & PRIESTS: a revival of the Sacrament of Penance is critical for a revival of our Catholic identity.
It is critical to our identity as Catholics to revive the use of the Sacrament of Penance. I think there are some moves in that direction on the part of younger priests, but we need also a grassroots effort … Continue reading
From a readerette:
I went to Confession tonight and did something stupid that might have either invalidated it, or possibly was considered a sacrilege, but I’m not sure.
I have a slightly embarrassing/awkward/frustrating problem that
surfaces from time to time. I’m a woman with a … Continue reading
From a reader:
If you’re sitting in the box and no one’s coming, double-check to make sure the other side isn’t stuck in the “occupied mode”.
Father, I went to confession last night, as did several other people.
We patiently stood in line … Continue reading