Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- JesusFreak84 said Migraine…
- Magash said Supertradmum that was my first thought too. If the...
- Geoffrey said I find this very sad. The solemnity of Saints Pete...
- ocalatrad said This reminds me of a little pamphlet they give out...
- jbazchicago said NOT A FAN of this pope at all!! But LOVE THIS MOVE...
- Someone please be the Garrigue said I’m not sure if it’s actually owned by...
- thomas tucker said @Imrahil: that is good to know, and comforting to...
- samwise said In my limited attendance of Spanish Masses, my exp...
- CatholicSwede said Windswept House of course. Even though written in...
- CatholicSwede said Has anyone read Winswept House by fr Malachi Marti...
- Gregg the Obscure said Completely unsurprising move. It’s become cu...
- Discipula said When I speak to Catholics who left during those ye...
- SimonDodd said Chip by chip.
- Choirmaster said I think we’re missing the point here. That b...
- Sonshine135 said SimonDodd, Ding ding ding…..We have a winner...
- Bob Glassmeyer said The more things the Holy Father does, the more fed...
- slainewe said “I’ve noticed that one usually doesn’t hear...
- Lucas said I honestly didn’t know that! Do you have any...
- robtbrown said Imrahil, You’re right about Kung and Rahne...
- Sonshine135 said Perhaps Pope Francis is too busy hanging out in th...
- govmatt said I wish more priests, especially at my parish, had...
- Sonshine135 said Wouldn’t it be interesting to call the forme...
- robtbrown said Venerator Sti Lot says: 1. It almost sounds like...
- SimonDodd said GovMatt, I fancy that the dominant emotion in the...
- govmatt said Will no one rid us of these meddlesome priestsR...
- hilltop said One more tally in the iconoclast column…
- Cafea Fruor said I know nothing about what life is like in Italian...
- Mariana2 said ROFL Grappa. Vile stuff. The Pope knows whereof he...
- Sandy said Initially my question was why give more power to i...
- Supertradmum said The idea of a de-centralized Church may be connect...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Videos of Solemn Masses 1960, 1962 at Ushaw Seminary
- Pope Francis will no longer impose the pallium on Archbishops
- Of Cardinals and Canaries
- Life with Capuchins? Take me back to jail!
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- San Francisco parish takes step in right direction. Sky falls on pastor’s head.
- Washington DC attacks religious freedom of Catholic schools
- Card. Burke’s sermon on marriage
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: confessions
From a reader:
I had to tell you about what happened at our parish ___ this Good Friday. We had confessions on Good Friday for the first time that I can remember since coming here in the early 1990s. Not only … Continue reading
From a reader:
Would it be appropriate to write a bishop asking if diocesan priests
under his leadership be encouraged to hear confessions more regularly? Most parishes seem to only have confessions on Saturday afternoons. I know our priests are busy, but I read … Continue reading
From a reader:
Yesterday (Friday) and I was rushed to the E.R. with a possible aortic dissection. It turned out that it was just muscle pain. I asked for a Catholic priest, and, to my great fortune, my regular parish priest … Continue reading
The Congregation for Clergy issued a guide for confessors entitled The Priest, Minister of Divine Mercy – An Aid for Confessors and Spiritual Directors.
I have read through this once and will eventually comment on it more. I invite priests to … Continue reading
Sometimes I wonder if Bp. Finn of Kansas City, MO and Archbp. Naumann of Kansas City, KS compete with each other to be the best Catholic bishop they can be.
Here is great news from Kansas City, Kansas.
Take this in:
The Sacrament … Continue reading
I am ever more impressed with the quality of posts on Fr. Bill Baer’s blog. He is a priest acquaintance of mine in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. I have posted about him before.
He has been talking … Continue reading
Once again I direct your attention to the blog of a friend, Fr. Bill Baer in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis who posted an entry with an interested premise.
Here it is, with severe editing and my emphases. You … Continue reading
During the summer months, I often mention in sermons the need for confession. Summer is not vacation time from the sacrament of penance. In the busy weeks and long lingering days – now getting shorter – people must make time … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am requesting help re: the application of Canon 964.2 and 986.1 [which concerns the Seal].
The parish has been the host of a monthly homeschool Mass for a group from all over ____ for a few years. They … Continue reading