When you do your Christmas shopping online…
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
Echolink node 225022 - ON
Check out Echolink WB0YLE-R
"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382
"The archaic is not the obsolete."Must read for priests, seminarians, anyone interested in beauty in our sacred liturgical worship of God... Signs of the Holy One: Liturgy, Ritual, and Expression of the Sacred by Uwe Michael Lang [UK link HERE]
God or Nothing: A Conversation on Faith by Robert Card. Sarah
Buy it. Get one for your parish priests. UK HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- The Masked Chicken said “Of course I don’t know whether this kind of...
- ShenValleyLewis said According to this article I read (about 10 years a...
- ShenValleyLewis said iamlucky13: Thanks for the explanation about the r...
- The Masked Chicken said “I stand with St. Catherine of Siena on this...
- TNCath said This is interesting for several reasons, not the l...
- pannw said The book is ‘Temporarily Out of Stock’...
- MB said Spes Unica – A priest once told me a story a...
- Ferde Rombola said I, too am praying for the elevation of Cardinal Sa...
- LarryW2LJ said Thank you Henry Edwards for posting the prayer. To...
- The Masked Chicken said One of the most amazing things about theory, which...
- Grumpy Beggar said WYMiriam says: “I don’t know whether earth h...
- William Tighe said Those who read German would do well to seek out th...
- HighMass said Let us Pray Card. Sarah will be our next Pope, he...
- HighMass said Let us Pray Card. Sarah will be our next Pope, he...
- SKAY said According to the article they are changing the sig...
- Nicolas Bellord said “God or Nothing” is the most brilliant...
- spock said @Geoffrey That presumes of course that they actual...
- Eugene said More harm has been done by the evil buracracies of...
- Eugene said Dear Father Z Can you start a movement of prayer,...
- Mac_in_Alberta said As the press release states, including Fr. ZedR...
- Scott Woltze said When he’s elected our next pope, I’ll...
- Nan said Hit post too fast. SJV, St. Paul, lest anyone mist...
- Nan said I went to Mass hosted by the college seminary, so...
- Papabile said I thought I made clear that I wasn’t speakin...
- WYMiriam said I don’t know whether earth has hairy dark ma...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Alas, no.
- Will Elliott said Spade: So, uh, doesn’t that mean that the Pope him...
- jschicago said Wouldn’t the best candidate to have as the O...
- benedetta said Quite interesting. I am finally able to buy this...
- Michaeli said Father, any update on this yet?
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- After Paris… How do you feel these days? Safe? Less safe? (85)
- Pope Francis to German Bishops: Your Church is a mess! Fix it and … GO TO CONFESSION! (46)
- More weird sex stuff at Jesuit-run Fordham University (40)
- Card. Sarah on marriage, mercy and the incomprehension of doctrine by priests (30)
- UPDATE: Bishops of England, Wales v. SSPX? Request for review of Good Friday Prayer for Jews (28)
- Earth Might Have Hairy Dark Matter! (27)
- “It was impossible to say Mass in the barrack, of course.” (26)
- US Embassy in Rome warns US citizens about “Potential for Terrorist Attacks” (21)
- Fr. Z asks help: finding fabrics (20)
- 1st Bishop appointed for an Anglican Ordinariate (19)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
The Catholic Church is the exponent of Reality. It is true. Its doctrines in matters large and small are statements of what is. . . .My conclusion – and that of all men who have ever once seen it – is the faith. Corporate, organized, a personality, teaching. A thing, not a theory. It.”
Hilaire Belloc to G.K. Chesterton
"In assessing Our duty and the situation now prevailing, We have been weighed upon by the thought that a matter of this kind [i.e. error in respect of the Faith] is so grave and so dangerous that the Roman Pontiff, who is the representative upon earth of God and our God and Lord Jesus Christ, who holds the fullness of power over peoples and kingdoms, who may judge all and be judged by none in this world, may nonetheless be contradicted if he be found to have deviated from the Faith.
Cum ex Apostolatus Officio (On Error in Respect of the Faith) Apostolic Constitution of Pope Paul IV, 15 Feb 1559 (Roman Bullarium IV, I, 354-357)
Some current reading… review and a new novel…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Of wheels and mystical marriages
- ASK FATHER: No Catholic Mass on Sunday. Are we obliged to attend Orthodox Divine Liturgy?
- High praise for Card. Sarah from Archbp. Gänswein
- UPDATE: Bishops of England, Wales v. SSPX? Request for review of Good Friday Prayer for Jews
- Earth Might Have Hairy Dark Matter!
- 1st Bishop appointed for an Anglican Ordinariate
- Sam Gregg on the rise of young, fearless, dynamically orthodox Catholicism… in FRANCE!
- ACTION ITEM: Christmas Cards 2015 and ADVENT MUSIC CDs
- UK READERS: LONDON EVENTS
- Pope Francis’ letter to “the best hermeneutical interpreter of the Second Vatican Council.”
- Notre Dame U. v. Fr. Miscamble, NDCatholic.com
- More weird sex stuff at Jesuit-run Fordham University
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Sunday Clerical Supper
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS – 24th and Last Sunday after Pentecost: Beg His help. Beg His mercy. Praise Him for His gifts.
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): The world will be consumed in fire
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Sole Food!
- It’s “Stir Up Sunday”! What are your plans?
- “Asking Our Lady to Help Us Make Up for Lost Time” AUDIO INTERVIEW
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Saturday – Frigid
- ASK FATHER: Is it a sin not to have a cere-cloth on the altar?
- Pope Francis to German Bishops: Your Church is a mess! Fix it and … GO TO CONFESSION!
- Fr. Z asks help: finding fabrics
- Lutheran Satire
- ASK FATHER: Can Orthodox obtain indulgences through the Catholic Church?
- ACTION ITEM: Pontifical Vestments Fund Raising – PROGRESS UPDATES
- When Jesuits quote Jesus… and when they don’t
- How about a Masters in RATZINGER STUDIES?
- Card. Sarah on marriage, mercy and the incomprehension of doctrine by priests
- “It was impossible to say Mass in the barrack, of course.”
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Confraternity of Catholic Clergy
Do you remember that a large number of priests in the UK signed a letter asking the members of the Synod to affirm Catholic doctrine? That sounds so strange to me as I read back in the head what I … Continue reading
The conference I attended in Rome, held by the Confraternity of Catholic Clergy, has concluded. The CCC groups represented were from Australia, Ireland, the UK, and USA. The CCC issued a joint statement, HERE, which follows (my emphases): Statement in … Continue reading
I had a lot to do in Rome today, many errands. I won’t bore you with them. Most of you want to know what I ate, anyway. I made breakfast in my own place: eggs over easy with prosciutto in … Continue reading
The Confraternity of Catholic Clergy conferences continueth. Today we have as our speaker His Excellency Most Reverend Augustine DiNoia, OP. He is speaking on … wait for it… priesthood. He is a gifted teacher. UPDATE The talk about priesthood we … Continue reading
Here is something for all my priestly friends in the UK. I received this from a clerical friend, whom I hope to see during September: The British Confraternity of Catholic Clergy will hold their second annual colloquium at the Oratory … Continue reading
I received a note from my friend Fr. Trigilio about the upcoming annual meeting of the Confraternity of Catholic Clergy: WHEN: JULY 31 – AUGUST 3 WHERE: Cardinal Stritch Retreat House in Mundelein, IL WHO: All Catholic priests, deacons and … Continue reading
Some time ago I mentioned in these electronic pages that in England some good, loyal, faithful, holy priests were forming a Confraternity of Catholic Clergy. Here is an update received from one of their organizers. British Confraternity of Priests Meets … Continue reading
A while back I told you that in England some priests have started a new Confraternity of Catholic Clergy. They want a Confraternity which is faithful to Catholic doctrine and their identity as Catholic priests. I know quite a few … Continue reading
This is something for all priests, especially in the USA. Lay people should also take note of this. Confraternity of Catholic Clergy 2011 Convocation – JULY 26 – 29 Adoremus in Aeternam CARDINAL STRITCH RETREAT HOUSE 1300 Stritch Drive Mundelein, … Continue reading