Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Gaetano said A liberal portion of cod and a conservative number...
- acardnal said Several photos of Pope Francis at lunch in the caf...
- Sofia Guerra said We are stupid here in America. I am convinced. Peo...
- boxerpaws1952 said at this point Iraq is a mess because of Obama. Mag...
- ppb said A nice gesture. My first thought was that the lack...
- kurtmasur said Adam Welp said: ” One can be Catholic and be...
- MarkG said There are probably some things I don’t know...
- eulogos said Having lived the majority of my married life in a...
- SimonDodd said Where is his pellegrina?
- cbmiamiensis said My Archbishop is there too. The great Thomas Wensk...
- marmirdc said Bishop Vasa is the priest(at the time) that marrie...
- acardnal said HighMass, according the the conference schedule th...
- jacobi said I think it would be excellent if the Holy Father w...
- Gregg the Obscure said Seems like a good way for the Holy Father to show...
- Steven Surrency said He really is going out of his way not to have ANY...
- SKAY said “Israel became” sorry. I do not mean...
- Fiat Domine said On the following comment, which was mine, I need t...
- danhorse said It’s great to see the photo of you with Bp....
- saint and sinner said JARay: Now, an unbaptised person cannot confer a...
- amymev said Thankfully he had fish!
- The_Scott said Truly a shepherd smelling like his sheep. And the...
- ajf1984 said I had two thoughts on this post (which, Allan S.,...
- LarryW2LJ said Fish on Friday – nice!
- Dr. Edward Peters said In short, we have no idea what’s actually ha...
- Unwilling said I don’t see anything wrong with him doing th...
- Allan S. said Is this an Eye of the Tiber thing? Or is the Holy...
- HighMass said Fr.Z has Mass been in the E.F.??? Bishop Vasa was...
- FRIDAY MORNING EDITION | BigPulpit.com said [...] Down Contraceptives – S. M. Did We Rea...
- Imrahil said Dear Supertradmum, Where are the Men of the West t...
- Sonshine135 said Fr. Z, I agree that we are missing a good, Catholi...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- MIAMA: Pro-Hamas demo: “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
- Chow Line for “Cafeteria Catholics” (heh)
- Napa Institute: Day 2
- Another helpful suggestion (heaven help us)
- Napa Institute Conference: Day 1
- Latin America needs a revolution: a liberal and Catholic revolution
- “Annulments” and a distinction: juridical and/or sacramental
- Just Too Cool: Leo XIII’s Latin Riddles
- My View For Awhile: Left Coast Edition
- 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene (and homonymous cookies!)
- Many illegal aliens flooding across border have criminal records
- Fed Court rules Obamacare subsidies ILLEGAL in 36 states!
- Pope Francis prays for success of initiative to convert Anglicans
- World War I – 100 years out
- ISIS targeting Christians: “The West must step in now… or we will be wiped out.”
- Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem!
- “Forward!” he cried, showing them the crucifix, “Victory is ours.” – St. Lawrence of Brindisi
- When the priest confessor doesn’t use the proper Form of Absolution. Wherein Fr. Z advises.
- “the very essence of our republic and our reason are being overturned in the public order”
- Bp. Matano (D. Rochester) ends decades illicit practice of “lay preaching”
- Divide et impera: KGB influence on Middle East violence
- What Did the Imam Really Say? Revisited
- Fishwrap: less than enthusiastic about new ITC document on “sensus fidei”.
- Ecumenical consequences of C of E decision on women bishops (aka “wyshyps”)
- WDTPRS 16th Ordinary Sunday: The Enemy is seeking you!
- BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPERS REPORT 1
- REVIEW: Movie “Persecuted”
- Malaysian Airlines 17, Death and You
- VIDEO Aurora: just… wow
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: consecration
From a reader…
I have been wondering why the servers lift the priest’s chasuble during the consecration. From the sources that I could find, it was an old practice to help the priest because the chasubles were heavy. Is there a … Continue reading
From a reader:
This Sunday, I went to “Mass” at a church with an elderly associate pastor who sometimes forgets things (to be expected, I don’t blame him). But what happened on this occasion is an entirely different matter. He went … Continue reading
From a deacon:
I was reprimanded today for kneeling at the altar during consecration and told there is an insult in the US church against this -I can find no documents that lead me to believe this is true. Any insight … Continue reading
From a reader:
This past Sunday, September 16, 2012, I attended mass celebrated by an elderly priest. Present on the altar was a covered ciborium. At the time father consecrated the large host the ciborium remained covered, father uncovered the ciborium … Continue reading
From a reader:
Is it a rule that the priest is the only one in the sanctuary during the consecration?
No, there is no such rule.
Surely the deacons (subdeacons) and other servers must be there near to the altar, within the sanctuary. … Continue reading
I FIXED THE POLL WIDGET
Several people have written to me about the length of time a priest does/should elevate the Host and the chalice after the consecration.
The length of time I elevate the Host is, of course, ideal. If asked, … Continue reading
From a reader:
Lately, the music director at our church has been “tickling the ivories” during the Consecration. While at the piano, in the front of church (naturally), he has been playing tunes, based on hymms for sure, on the piano … Continue reading
From a reader:
During week day Masses the priest at our parish sometimes has no
server. In this circumstance he obviously has to go to the credence
table himself to get the gifts. After pouring the water and wine into
the Chalice he leaves … Continue reading