Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- JesusFreak84 said Migraine…
- Magash said Supertradmum that was my first thought too. If the...
- Geoffrey said I find this very sad. The solemnity of Saints Pete...
- ocalatrad said This reminds me of a little pamphlet they give out...
- jbazchicago said NOT A FAN of this pope at all!! But LOVE THIS MOVE...
- Someone please be the Garrigue said I’m not sure if it’s actually owned by...
- thomas tucker said @Imrahil: that is good to know, and comforting to...
- samwise said In my limited attendance of Spanish Masses, my exp...
- CatholicSwede said Windswept House of course. Even though written in...
- CatholicSwede said Has anyone read Winswept House by fr Malachi Marti...
- Gregg the Obscure said Completely unsurprising move. It’s become cu...
- Discipula said When I speak to Catholics who left during those ye...
- SimonDodd said Chip by chip.
- Choirmaster said I think we’re missing the point here. That b...
- Sonshine135 said SimonDodd, Ding ding ding…..We have a winner...
- Bob Glassmeyer said The more things the Holy Father does, the more fed...
- slainewe said “I’ve noticed that one usually doesn’t hear...
- Lucas said I honestly didn’t know that! Do you have any...
- robtbrown said Imrahil, You’re right about Kung and Rahne...
- Sonshine135 said Perhaps Pope Francis is too busy hanging out in th...
- govmatt said I wish more priests, especially at my parish, had...
- Sonshine135 said Wouldn’t it be interesting to call the forme...
- robtbrown said Venerator Sti Lot says: 1. It almost sounds like...
- SimonDodd said GovMatt, I fancy that the dominant emotion in the...
- govmatt said Will no one rid us of these meddlesome priestsR...
- hilltop said One more tally in the iconoclast column…
- Cafea Fruor said I know nothing about what life is like in Italian...
- Mariana2 said ROFL Grappa. Vile stuff. The Pope knows whereof he...
- Sandy said Initially my question was why give more power to i...
- Supertradmum said The idea of a de-centralized Church may be connect...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Videos of Solemn Masses 1960, 1962 at Ushaw Seminary
- Pope Francis will no longer impose the pallium on Archbishops
- Of Cardinals and Canaries
- Life with Capuchins? Take me back to jail!
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- San Francisco parish takes step in right direction. Sky falls on pastor’s head.
- Washington DC attacks religious freedom of Catholic schools
- Card. Burke’s sermon on marriage
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: consistory
His Holiness Benedict XVI made a public appearance during the consistory this morning, Feast of the Cathedra of St. Peter, when Francis gave the news Cardinals their new stuff.
This is clearly the “dress rehearsal” for the canonization of John Paul … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap the cracks are widening. They are losing John Allen. They closed the combox. MSW is deeply into logorrhea. They are panicky.
Now I see a piece by Thomas Reese, SJ, who was removed from his editor’s position at … Continue reading
Pope Francis says something like: “We need a deeper theology of women.”
What liberals hear: “The Pope is going to name women cardinals!”
That Francis might create females cardinals is patently absurd.
The cartoon, by the way, is from this week’s number of … Continue reading
Pope Francis announced during a consistory the dates for the canonization of John XXIII and John Paul II. 27 April 2014 – Sunday of Divine Mercy.
Latin, of course, because of the nature of this official papal act.
The “Bolletino” is out and the Holy Father has announced a consistory for new cardinals.
Ecco i nomi dei nuovi Porporati:
1. Mons. JAMES MICHAEL HARVEY, Prefetto della Casa Pontificia, che ho in animo di nominare Arciprete della Basilica Papale di San … Continue reading
I have received several queries about what would happen if, before the upcoming consistory and the “creation” of the new cardinals, the Holy Father were to – quod Deus avertat – die.
Would the men whose names were already announced be … Continue reading
I have been contemplating the buzz about the Consistory, which will more than like be announced today (6 Jan, Epiphany).
My admiration for Pope Benedict is pretty obvious, I should think.
That said, when I think about composition of the College, that … Continue reading
I suppose one way to glean that the Anglican Ordinariates are actually going to happen is by way of this news. Also there is a liturgical note.
The persistent Anna Arco has this:
Cardinals to discuss Church reactions to sexual abuse and … Continue reading