Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- TonyO: Sorry, meant to say “the Church is not a democracy, anywayR 21;. Got my nouns mixed.
- TonyO: Don’ t know that anything I have to say is original – so many of the comments above are quite correct. We should pray for McCarrick, his soul is in danger. But we (the Church)...
- Amerikaner: Can he file with a canon lawyer to eventually undo the Cardinal 8217;s position?
- Gregg the Obscure: “Ble ssed are they that suffer persecutio n for justice 217; sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and...
- Dismas: A psalm comes to mind – “Sup er flumina Babylonis illic sedimus et flevimus, cum recordarem ur Sion… ;” I remember how it ends too. Queuing Palestrina .
- Kathleen10: This is an outrage, and an obvious political hit. The minions are no longer concealing their animus cautiously , they make it crystal clear. And why not, they have acted with impuni...
- Caesar: I had the good fortune to be able to attend a conference last October put on by the Catholic Art Guild and hosted by Fr Phillips and St John Cantius. During his speech following the dinner...
- Ave Maria: This is a time of crisis in the Church, long planned. And so it is a time of trial. We recall that SAINT Padre Pio was removed from public ministry for about 10 years and I don’ t...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: There is, evidently, a shortage of priestless parishes?
- Mike: That “rec eiving support 221; in the letter has me scratching my head a bit. It would not, however, seem to diminish the Cardinal 8217;s responsibi lity explicitly to restore Fr....
- rwj: There should really be clarificat ion from the Archbishop as to his reasons. Could it be that he did not break any canon or civil laws, but has done something else immoral or unsavory? Perhaps...
- Gil Garza: Pharoah has spoken. It is a surprise to nobody. The wise among you must be ready for what comes next. I expect Pharaoh to flip the parish. The parish must tighten their belts and be...
- robtbrown: PostCathol ic says, The only surprising thing to me about this decision is why, after so much time in which the sleaze was known, it was finally dealt with. There seems to have been a...
- The Egyptian: “Fr. Phillips of @SJCantius will NOT be allowed to return to public ministry after he was exonerated ” “Con cerning Card. McCarrick& #8221; I believe your juxtapo...
- robtbrown: Kathleen10 says: McCarrick is still a Cardinal because it’s a big boys club of disordered men and they don’t punish and they don’t eliminate what they agree with. Not many are disorde...
- John Grammaticus: So the good Father is not guilty, but kinda guilty and he’l l won’ t be allowed to be a Priest in public. I think that His Eminence the Cardinal Archbishop needs a...
- Eugene: Father if I was to post what I really thought about Cupich and this action I would be banned from your website. May the “prince” get the reward he deserves from Almighty God for this...
- HvonBlumenthal: Does canon law permit the Archiocese to withdraw faculties without cause?
- excalibur: Who is surprised that this Cardinal Archbishop took this route? And now the chopping down of the parish begins in earnest.
- LeeGilbert: Surely this is a huge test for Fr. Philips and Canons Regular of St. John Cantius. If they accept it as if it came from God Himself, they are in the way of untold future blessings. If...
- Dimitri_Cavalli: Around 2002, gay activists wanted to embarrass the Church by outing closeted cardinals and bishops. This scheme was quickly abandoned after the activists realized while indeed...
- Dimitri_Cavalli: Thank you, CandS. I did not mean to imply that McCarrick, Fr. Richard McBrien, Fr. Hesburgh would be listed, or that Church scandals can be traced back to the USSR. As we know,...
- FrAnt: Now that makes it easy to remove a priest you don’t like. Have someone make a false accusation against a priest and he’s out. Doesn’t need to go to civil court, just the bishop. I also find...
- ProfKwasniewski: So typical. It was all a set-up to begin with, to remove one of the humblest and most dedicated workers for the Restoratio n of the Sacred. May God reward a thousandfo ld His...
- stephen c: HvonBlumen thal – I agree with you. I for one believe there are almost as many angels praying for you and for me as there are praying for poor Pope Francis. I have made griev...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Fr. Phillips of @SJCantius will NOT be allowed to return to public ministry after he was exonerated
- Concerning Card. McCarrick
- URGENT UPDATE – Fr. Phillips EXONERATED! UPDATED!
- Dubious dubia about the Dubia
- JUST TOO COOL: SPACE FORCE!
- ASK FATHER: What can the acolyte do and wear?
- Day 1 #ActonU – Getting Started – Days and Deaths
- “Disinformation” and some notes about the World Council of Churches
- Catholic? Why?
- “Perdonamose!” Midsummer Snails, John’s Birthday Feast and You.
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: The South
- Pres. Trump and the Brown Scapular
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Pentecost: “HEY YOU!” *smack*
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Surprise article at Commonweal about participation in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Speaking of Eucharistic Processions…
- WDTPRS: 11th Ordinary Sunday – ‘firmness’ and ‘infirmity, ‘intention’ and ‘action’
- QUIZ: What is this thing? – SOLVED!
- “The finest rosaries I have ever seen” have… returned! – UPDATES
- GREEN! Photos of green vestments for Solemn Mass in production, and a pitch
- 14 June – Elisha, Old Testament Prophet: salt, bears and you.
- READER FEEDBACK to post: Why we Say The Black and Do The Red
- ASK FATHER: Validity of sacraments from a schismatic priest
- A great restoration @CathedralStPaul
- Terrific photos of traditional rite ordination in England!
- Concerning @JamesMartinSJ talking at Vatican @LaityFamilyLife sponsored @WMOF2018
- BEER @MONKSOFNORCIA PROGRESS
- Your Sunday Sermon Note Belated
- Are you downsizing? Be careful!
- Just to put your day into perspective
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: conversion
From a reader…
d’ve lived a pretty sinful life and reverted back to the faith. Since
then I have been striving to become a saint, but I’m starting to get the impression I’m wasting my time.
I’m a member of a Latin Mass Community, and … Continue reading
Congratulations to Congressman Sensenbrenner!
From the WSJ:
Joined by church leaders, Sensenbrenner becomes Catholic
Wisconsin Congressman James Sensenbrenner (R-Menomonee Falls) converted to Catholicism in a quiet ceremony at Milwaukee’s St. Francis de Sales Seminary on Monday — a private affair reportedly attended by … Continue reading
Let’s look at the Collect for Pentecost as it appears in the Missale Romanum of St. John XXIII. You will recognize it as the prayer after the Veni, Sancte Spiritus:
Deus, qui corda fidelium Sancti Spiritus illustratione docuisti: da nobis in eodem Spiritu recta … Continue reading
Who can fathom the graces God offers as death draws near to us?
Some people are given the great gift of courage not to wait too long to become a Catholic, sometimes after a long time thinking about it.
John Wayne… Oscar … Continue reading
Each day I like to read the entry in the Martyrologium Romanum. Today there are several entries which could be the staring points for discussions of holiness and salvation.
Let us consider this one:
3. Augustae Vindelicorum in Raetia, sanctae Afrae, martyris, … Continue reading
Long-time participant HE alerted me to the following from the site of the SSPX.
They are happy about the reception of so many former Anglicans entering into the Roman obedience.
As you know, Anglicans are able to enter full union with the … Continue reading
I saw this in the Seattle Post Intelligencer but it goes back to a piece Newt Gingrich wrote for the National Catholic Register about why he joined the Catholic Church. I think it is interesting that the secular MSM picked … Continue reading