Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- The Egyptian said if I,m not to late, see more pictures at https://p...
- excalibur said Hubbard the Horrible has much to answer for. Isn...
- BLB Oregon said “Just how difficult is for the Vicar of Chri...
- amenamen said Local input from the fox community? https://www.yo...
- Sword40 said Agree R J Highland. The Table is such a distractio...
- Tina in Ashburn said Reading the old Catholic stuff helps me to underst...
- acardnal said I wonder what they did with their old crucifix? T...
- acardnal said Sorry. The above Collect prayer I posted was inadv...
- Legisperitus said Agree on St. Patrick’s Day. My Irish-Americ...
- amenamen said Whoa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlRUmkqMIe8
- acardnal said wolfeken, Same Collect in the OF Mass today, too,...
- Legisperitus said Great fisking.
- MarkJ said I would love to see a “Before Destruction...
- Sonshine135 said This article took me back to the video you had on...
- Mike said Thank you for the photos, Fr. Z. It looks like a...
- wolfeken said I would note that these regulations were not just...
- Nathan said From the letter, as well as experience, it seems t...
- Cantor said It would be interesting to read the responses to t...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said mormormax says: One thing that kept popping into m...
- The Masked Chicken said “Roughly speaking, then, you would need to h...
- teechrlady said I was thinking along the lines of Magpie. The bef...
- Father G said Beautiful, except the altar railing looks incomple...
- boko fittleworth said My math was wrong. Hubbard was appointed by Paul...
- boko fittleworth said It would be interesting to research what led JPII...
- BLB Oregon said I wish the poor people who had seen those things l...
- BLB Oregon said If they were to watch CPG Grey’s presentatio...
- McCall1981 said Pope Francis’ episcopal appointments so far...
- The Masked Chicken said This topic is both subtle and widely misunderstood...
- cl00bie said They always forget the first part of the quote: ...
- cl00bie said members of her group plan to show up for the Ash W...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
- Fr. Z’s first reaction to Bp. Olson banning Extraordinary Form at Fort Worth’s Fisher More College
- In The Wild: Mystic Monk and Z-Swag – hard to beat that
- Quinquagesima Sunday: Prepare for battle!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Corpus Christi
In the traditional Roman calendar for the 1962 Missale Romanum today is the Second Sunday after Pentecost. In the Novus Ordo many people are celebrating Corpus Christi today, which is really suppose to fall on the Thursday before. This gives more people … Continue reading
Today, Thursday, 30 May, is in the traditional Roman calendar the Feast of Corpus Christi.
Today at the Church of the Holy Innocents in Manhattan (37th between Broadway and 7th Ave – easy to reach by subway) at 6pm there will … Continue reading
I just received the newsletter of the USCCB’s Committee for Divine Worship. There is an item of interest for our observance of the Year of Faith:
The Solemnity of the Body and Blood of Christ and the Year of Faith
Archbishop Salvatore … Continue reading
Did you participate in any processions?
Any newly revived processions?
Give us a report of what you saw and heard.
Technorati Tags: Corpus Christi, Eucharistic Adoration, processions
Here is a photo I took a few years ago in the Vatican Gardens during a Corpus Christi procession. That great edifice in the background is back of St. Peter’s Basilica. It isn’t often you get Swiss Guards to carry … Continue reading
For those of you in or around Manhattan, there will be a Solemn Mass Thursday, 7 June, at 6 PM for the Feast of Corpus Christi at the Church of the Holy Innocents (37th between Broadway and 7th) followed by … Continue reading
This Sunday’s dense Collect survived the scissors and paste-pots of the Consilium during the 1960’s and lived on in the post-Conciliar Missale Romanum as the 28th Sunday of Ordinary Time (next week). This prayer, used for centuries, is in … Continue reading
One can understand why people might think it a good idea to transfer feast days which fall during the middle of the week to a Sunday observance. More people can participate in them, right?
On the other hand, the transferal of … Continue reading
Archdiocesan Corpus Christi Procession, Sunday, June 26, 2:00-3:30 p.m., Little Sisters of the Poor to the Cathedral of St. Paul. Bring your family and friends for this festive walk with our Eucharistic Lord. Ice cream social follows. Park in the … Continue reading