You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- jilly4ski said I agree with priests wife. These are non comparabl...
- anilwang said You don’t have to go as far as Moscow to see...
- priests wife said This is comparing apples and oranges- the Roman-ri...
- LiteratureAddict said I couldn’t make it through the whole video!
- Ralph said That was a downer.
- anj said It is an outrage. What else is there to say? Whe...
- James0235 said I see some obvious similarities between these Litu...
- chantgirl said The music from Moscow was beautiful! Perhaps I tru...
- wmeyer said Wisely, they kept the segments from LA brief! Stil...
- Timbot2000 said Father! I just ate……where is the Maalo
- Cosmos said Oops: inserted a “not” in fron of ...
- Cosmos said Fr Martin, Beautiful post, thank you for taking th...
- smad0142 said @Cheesesteak Expert Sure the Filioque (properly un...
- The Sicilian Woman said I’m adding this to my Rosary novena. Thank...
- Fr Martin Fox said Cosmos: Yes, but…I guess it all depends on t...
- FeedieB said I have had a hard time too understanding Papa Fran...
- RoyceReed said http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxcOv4zPoVo If I ha...
- robtbrown said The Masked Chicken says, So, redemption is for all...
- RobertK said A long video, but definately worth sharing. Coptic...
- RobertK said Being able to attend a Pontifical Mass in the Extr...
- modestinus said I was hoping to get into this thread sooner, parti...
- Raylan Alleman said This could well be applied to dads toward their fa...
- RobertK said I also enjoyed the meeting between the Sees of Ro...
- rtjl said A very worthwhile read on the subject of the divis...
- Cosmos said The Church has always thought that purposefully co...
- RobertK said Thanks Father. This was one of the most memorable...
- Suburbanbanshee said Re: not praying with heretics, I think people are...
- Bob B. said Francis (and Benedict before him) ask all to pray...
- Father G said @Kate, You did not mention specifically the name o...
- priests wife said Thank you Fr Z for your balanced approach. As a By...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Tag Archives: Corpus Christi
I just received the newsletter of the USCCB’s Committee for Divine Worship. There is an item of interest for our observance of the Year of Faith:
The Solemnity of the Body and Blood of Christ and the Year of Faith
Archbishop Salvatore … Continue reading
Did you participate in any processions?
Any newly revived processions?
Give us a report of what you saw and heard.
Technorati Tags: Corpus Christi, Eucharistic Adoration, processions
Here is a photo I took a few years ago in the Vatican Gardens during a Corpus Christi procession. That great edifice in the background is back of St. Peter’s Basilica. It isn’t often you get Swiss Guards to carry … Continue reading
For those of you in or around Manhattan, there will be a Solemn Mass Thursday, 7 June, at 6 PM for the Feast of Corpus Christi at the Church of the Holy Innocents (37th between Broadway and 7th) followed by … Continue reading
This Sunday’s dense Collect survived the scissors and paste-pots of the Consilium during the 1960’s and lived on in the post-Conciliar Missale Romanum as the 28th Sunday of Ordinary Time (next week). This prayer, used for centuries, is in … Continue reading
One can understand why people might think it a good idea to transfer feast days which fall during the middle of the week to a Sunday observance. More people can participate in them, right?
On the other hand, the transferal of … Continue reading
Archdiocesan Corpus Christi Procession, Sunday, June 26, 2:00-3:30 p.m., Little Sisters of the Poor to the Cathedral of St. Paul. Bring your family and friends for this festive walk with our Eucharistic Lord. Ice cream social follows. Park in the … Continue reading
The Solemnity of the Body and Blood of the Lord, or Corpus Christi, Corpus Domini in some places, actually falls on the Thursday after Trinity Sunday, not on Sunday. It is supposed to correspond to the Mass of the Last … Continue reading
Today, Thursday, 23 June at 6 pm there will be a Solemn Mass in the Extraordinary Form, followed by a procession with the Blessed Sacrament, in Manhattan, NYC, at the Church of the Holy Innocents (128 W 37th – btw … Continue reading
From a reader:
Our priest informs the extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion [Indeed, they are not "Eucharistic Ministers". In fact, we need to have the discussion of whether they are techincally ministers at all.] of our parish that, henceforth, they are … Continue reading