Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Fr. Reader: @rayrondin i But if I can remove the difficulti es of others so they do not have to be martyrs I would. Obviously not being an offense to God. I do not have in mind anything close to...
- Semper Gumby: Interestin g post on Holy Water and mini-rant about priests. Great comments. Thank you to priests and bishops who keep our souls̷ 0;hydrated .
- rayrondini: At the very least, every Christian is reborn to be willing to be a martyrR 30; it’s not “romance” to actually be willing to take up one’s cross, even to the fullest extent. I hear...
- Father Flores: We pray for our brothers and sisters experienci ng not only oppression but abandonmen t. It seems like the shepherd 8217;s solution in China is to offer a few sheep in tribute.
- Fr. Reader: “Hea rtbreak and fear” ; and “com plete surrender& #8221; are expression s that only show partially the reality. For many, the agreement, even if it is a partial...
- Mallu Jack: @Ave Maria, you might find the following an interestin g read: https://ww w.firstthi ngs.com/we b-exclusiv es/2018/09 /thoughts- on-the-ins trumentum- laboris
- Ave Maria: Sin-nods have their results in place before the farces begin with the stacked and chosen prelates.
- teomatteo: I have noticed over many years that our priest does not give us (or him) a moment of silence to contemplat e our sins. And he will never — and I mean never – has us say the...
- Mallu Jack: The very funny thing here is that Fr Martin contradict s – brace yourselves – Pope Francis! In his “Let ter to the People of God” , Pope Francis asks for fasting...
- Mallu Jack: It is very delightful to see “law ” and “lov e” used in the same sentence and not set in opposition to each other. The Collect also upholds the Decalogue with...
- KateD: Rosula, If your pastor approves 8230; Skirt pockets hold holy salt well… ;. And when the lid on those little plastic water bottles is not on quite right they seem to drip, drip,...
- Legisperitus: 1 cup of holy water in 30 gallons of unholy water sounds rather like the Devil̵ 7;s homeopathi c cure for holy water. “The more you dilute it, the better it works!R 21;
- seeker: I wonder what Maria Goretti would say to Fr James Martin? I let my son know I fast for him. He tells me not to. I do anyway.
- Fr. Reader: It is very strange to me the distinctio n in his tweets between “the laity̶ 1; and “the clergyR 21;. As if only the entire body of the clergy should pray and do...
- Fr. Reader: All these LATIN > BRUTALLY LITERAL ATTEMPT > CURRENT ICEL collect prayers, would make a good set of exercises for Intermedia te Latin practice.
- Fr. Reader: 1. “You see… I think that Holy Water is important. You don’t fool around with this stuff because we use Holy Water for serious purposes. It is not a toy, part of a game, or a...
- Suburbanbanshee: Totally beside the point unless I’m Dan RatherR 30; But what font is Benedict using in those letters? Is that an Apple font?
- Suburbanbanshee: Which actually tends to explain why even many non-Cathol ics tend to like getting blessings or sacramenta ls. Something blessed is something “mad e right,R 21; in a world...
- Suburbanbanshee: The “Cos mic TempleR 21; theology stuff includes a lot of stuff about Adam as the archetypal priest, and about the human mission to go forth and multiply and tame the...
- RomualdMonk: Following this talk of Manualists and proportion s, suppose someone was breaking into your home: do you pull out a .22 or a .22 Magnum? I’d go with the potent stuff and avoid...
- ThePapalCount: We are a NO parish. Our deacon however blesses holy water using the old rite. He doesnt use the current Book of Blessings which allows for deacons to bless holy water. Can he though...
- Kathleen10: I give Raymond and Fr. Murray so much credit and I want to thank them. They have a lot more restraint than I do. They are informing the average Catholic, who is behind the curve in...
- Augustine Thompson O.P.: Dear Quovadis, This posting is getting very stale and I don’ t think I will be hunting for it in the future. If you have questions after my reply here, just contact...
- rosula: Kate-D: Great idea about me using exorcized water and salt on the Church! I’ll have to be stealth about it, as there are cameras. It’s just sad when laypersons have more faith than pries...
- Antonin: Clearly Benedict 8217;s resignatio n was made with full freedom. He said “For this reason, and well aware of the seriousnes s of this act, with full freedom I declare that I...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Card. Zen on the “Provisional Agreement” with the PRC on Bishops
- WDTPRS – 25th Ordinary Sunday: Each love fuels the other, when love of God is first.
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray on aspects of The Present Crisis
- ASK FATHER: Adding water to Holy Water
- ASK FATHER: If in letters Benedict XVI imparts still the Apostolic Blessing…
- A story of spectacular complexity, involving shady people, huge money, interlocking directorates, vast loans, and the Papal Foundation.
- One Mad Mom spanks James Martin, LGBTSJ – UPDATED
- Bishop R. Walker Nickless of Sioux City on #ViganoTestimony
- Archd. Chicago parish burns a “rainbow flag”
- And now a word from our sponsor…
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Vatican I: The Council and the Making of the Ultramontane Church
- The upcoming Synod’s “working document”
- ASK FATHER: Should we pray for or against the success of the Synod?
- What passes for important today.
- YOU are other people. It’s always someone else… until it’s YOU.
- ASK FATHER: Are we are in the End Times?
- Fr. Murray’s Open Letter to ex-Card. McCarrick. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Cri de Coeur about lost innocence and The Present Crisis
- Card. Müller: “the real danger to today’s humanity is the greenhouse gases of sin and the global warming of unbelief”
- Thoughts on fatherhood and how priestly identity is undercut by short terms as pastors
- More Jesuit idiocy – BUT WAIT! There’s more!
- Henry Sire: “Archbishop Viganò is now living in fear of his life, quite literally.”
- ASK FATHER: Can a Dominican Tertiary priest use the Dominican Rite?
- Lay Rage in Chicago, Mary Eberstadt takes names, and Fr. Z rants
- There are more than one “lavender mafia”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS – 17th Sunday after Pentecost: diabolical contagion
- We are all, I think, striving to understand how we got to the point where we are.
- ASK FATHER: What should we do for Ember Days?
- UPDATED – ACTION ITEM! 10 year old’s fundraiser for a Pregnancy Care Center
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Cri de Coeur
I’m tired of the whine from certain homosexualists and their agenda, to the detriment of concerns of people to adhere to God’s plan and nature and many other serious concerns which we face as a Church and society.
I was alerted … Continue reading
This cri de coeur comes from a comment under another entry.
And what recourse do we laypeople have? Do we just have to sit around and remain silent because we do not have proper authority to speak up?
Priests and bishops are … Continue reading
I had a note, really a cri de coeur, from a reader who said that she feels as if she and other good and innocent people in the Church today are undergoing one terror attack after another against our Catholic … Continue reading
At Rorate I saw something (translated there from Italian) from the blog Radicati nella fede, for the Catholic community of Domodossola and Vocogno in the Diocese of Novara.
This is a cri de coeur, if there ever was … Continue reading
When I got interested in Ham Radio, I discovered on YouTube some video offerings from “USNERDOC“, a fellow in Oregon who was in the Navy and is an emergency medicine doctor. He has gotten into Ham Radio, in part, to … Continue reading
From a reader:
I need to thank you for encouraging us all to attend the EF of the mass. Although there is no EF mass within a few hours drive of where I live (so sad, I know) I have been … Continue reading