Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- St. Irenaeus: Saw something today that tracks with what I’ve been thinking: pray, tend to your corner of the garden, participat e in the sacraments . I’d also point out history is a...
- rollingrj: I realize the pro-life movement has had success in the past few years by using a kinder, gentler approach to persuade people of the correctnes s of their position. The poor-(pro- )choice...
- Hidden One: I refuse spiritual suicide chosen on the ground that others are committing spiritual manslaught er. Judas was a bishop.
- Hidden One: barryaltar server1985 , please don’ t commit spiritual suicide because of the sins of others.
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: Father: that made my day, thank you!
- Ultrarunner: Synopsis of Archbishop Christophe PierreR 17;s address to the annual USCCB meeting: With respect to sexual abuse issues: Rule with an iron fist. Resist government interventi on...
- iamlucky13: What did the Congregati on claim as the reason for removing their mother superior and novice mistress? Where did the quoted words “sec tarian excesses 8221; come from? Is any...
- HvonBlumenthal: There is a part of the Church which is in communion with the Pope but refuses to accept any of his uncatholic decisions: the SSPX
- iamlucky13: “Any religion which demands nothing of its believers also asks you not to believe it.” I would contend on the contrary, it is not the Church that demands nothing of its...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: “GO TO CONFESSION . Examine your conscience s every day. Make peace with your neighbors. Perform works of mercy. Pray. Do penance. The day will come and we don’t...
- tho: Great post Father. You are a breath of fresh air, and your advice is solid.
- Dismas: @barryalta rserver198 5: I was where you were this past summer. I can’ t change Pope Francis 217; mind. I can’ t alter his past choices, particular ly in selecting the...
- PetersBarque: What a travesty that Catholics feel duped by the very ones who are suppose to protect them. PF is an ass (there, I said it) and is responsibl e for much of the present angst. He...
- MWindsor: The bishops don’ t give a damn about us. So long as they can remain corpulent in general and warm in the winter, we’r e left to find our own way to heaven or hell.
- LeeGilbert: dbonnevill e writes, “Not everyone wants to be…’ welcomed 8217; or ‘lov e bombed.' 8221; True enough, but, “Loo k at the Christians . See how they love one...
- Kathleen10: Sometimes people scoff at such signs, but didn’ ;t Jesus tell us to watch for them? God used the rainbow as a sign of the covenant for example. I’m a believer. Fr. Z. you...
- un-ionized: This is another version of those communion on the go packets they used to sell, a wrapped little wafer and a plastic wrapped little thingie of grape juice. To answer the above questi...
- crjs1: A lot is riding on February’s meeting. The Holy Father better have some comprehens ive proposals up his sleeve for the whole Church on the abuse crisis, to superceed the national confere...
- Clinton R.: That sad thing is how many “Cat holicsR 21; will see this and think “Wow , how cool, when can we do this?̶ 1; Thanks to Holy Communion in the hand, the belief in the...
- Charles E Flynn: Prof. Janet E. Smith: To the US Bishops: A (Friendly) Call to Repentance and Reform https://ww w.catholic vote.org/t o-the-us-b ishops-a-f riendly-ca ll-to-repe ntance-and -reform/
- Stephen: “Do let the Enemy win.” ; I think something is missing there :)
- bigtex: My team finally won the World Series last year, after 55 years of failure. Surely we are in the end times.
- youngcatholicgirl: My first reaction after reading this was, “Tha t was weird.R 21;
- LeeGilbert: FWIW, there is now a 6 AM Low Mass in the Dominican Rite in Latin at Holy Rosary Parish in Portland Monday through Saturday. The doors open at about 5:30AM. As of now this is a private...
- Dean: I’m pretty sure, based on the descriptio n, that this is the EF mass I go to; depending on exactly when you went it might have been two of my sons serving that day. Let me just encour...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: “I am doubting that the current Catholic Church is the Church it has always claimed to be”
- Strange Signs, the End Times and YOU
- A reader’s first impressions on attending the Extraordinary Form
- Horrifying Big Business Abortion Ad
- US Bishop begin 2018 November meeting: PRAY & FAST!
- Another really bad idea: Communion Pills
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATED
- Another group of women destroyed by the Vatican Congregation for Religious
- 100th Armistice Day, Veterans Day, Remembrance Day ACTION ITEM!
- @JamesMartinSJ shovels scandalous rubbish to justify sin
- WDTPRS – 32nd Ordinary Sunday: Our Identity and Extreme Ownership
- GERMANY: Catastrophic! USA next? @USCCB bishops meeting and YOU. ACTION ITEM!
- To US Bishops before their @USCCB meeting: Do not be afraid!
- Happy 243rd Birthday USMC!
- ASK FATHER: Some say Advent is not a penitential season.
- FEEDBACK: “I went to confession for the first time in nine years tonight.”
- Blog milestone: 90 Million
- ASK FATHER: If I am in the state of mortal sin, is there any point in praying?
- SCOTUS Justice RBG falls, breaks ribs, hospitalized
- “I had the image of a bishop sinking head downward…. sinking… sinking… clawing at the heavy miter on his head”
- MUST READ: The Papalatrous catholic Left and “Horizonal Schism”
- UPDATED: Holy See repression of a certain kind of bishop with a certain kind of message
- ASK FATHER: “Properly blessed” devotional objects
- Fr. Z muses: repression of Catholic speech and what we can do about it.
- Did an alien vessel just pass by? The mystery of Oumuamua.
- My While For Awhile: Election Day Edition
- JUST TOO COOL! Move to rename Hubble’s Law… for a priest
- Contrasts of projected visions of the Church
- VIDEO: A reaction to a first Traditional Latin Mass
- GREAT NEWS! Baronius Press “Roman Breviary” AVAILABLE AGAIN!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: D. Kansas City-St. Joseph
The National Sodomitical Reporter (aka Fishwrap) threw an editorial tantrum today about the decision of the Bishop of Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph (where Fishwrap’s offices are located), Most Rev. James Johnston not to allow at a diocesan parish a … Continue reading
Some parish churches are victims of awful post-Conciliar, faithless wreckovation. Some are awful because of budget problems when they were being constructed. Some are just plain awful.
A priest friend of mine has given a make over to his church, … Continue reading
Note that this priests says Mass for the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles in Missouri. They’re apostolate is to pray for priests and bishops. I hope they pray for me. They have wonderful discs of music. Speaking of … Continue reading
From a Press Release:
Bishop James V. Johnston, Jr. to Head Kansas City – St. Joseph Diocese
Pope Francis names Springfield – Cape Girardeau Bishop as 7th Bishop of Kansas City – St. Joseph.
(Kansas City, MO) The Holy See Press Office this … Continue reading
When anti-Catholic atrocities take place, Catholic bishops should act.
I read in the Kansas City Star (a McClatchy paper), that some “Lutherans” are going to host a sacrilegious, fake catholic “ordination” of a woman by the usual wymyn suspects. HERE It is … Continue reading
Do you remember there is an album of Advent music available? The wonderful Benedictine Nuns in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph provide it.
Here are a few little samples.
The UK link is HERE.
These same sisters are defending Bp. Robert Finn, who … Continue reading
It was a quick trip, too quick, but duty calls.
As I leave Kansas City, I thank my amiable hosts, whose son was, today, ordained a deacon. They always try to provide the best for the weary clerical guest.
Thanks to Fr. … Continue reading
Yes, we must attend to earthly justice, but when I watch what is happening in both Kansas City and my native place of St. Paul and Minneapolis, I wonder about the true motives of the newsies. Regarding St. Paul, I … Continue reading
Related to the news about Bp. Finn which I posted HERE, there is a story which ought to get the attention of, and scare to bits, every priest and bishop out there in the wide, hostile world.
First, the good news, HERE:
No … Continue reading
From Catholic World News:
Bishop Finn not liable in child-porn lawsuit, Missouri judge rules
A federal judge in Missouri has ruled that the Diocese of Kansas City (Missouri) and Bishop Robert Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a … Continue reading
One for the Brick by Brick file.
I had a note from a friend in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph, where the great Bishop Robert Finn presides.
At St. Andrew the Apostle on the north side of KC, Fr. Vince Rogers … Continue reading
Very cool brick by brick news from the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph, where Most Rev. Robert Finn is, by the grace of God, bishop.
Go now to the side bar of this blog and look for the feed of the … Continue reading
From the Kansas City Star:
Bishop Finn airs frustration over KC-based National Catholic Reporter
Finn objects to editorial positions taken by the Kansas City-based newspaper.
BY ALAN BAVLEY
The Kansas City Star
The bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph is expressing public … Continue reading