Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- arga: Thank you, Father, for your willingnes s to actually read this swill and expose it.
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
- Wherein @MassimoFaggioli tosses another nastygram at the “rigorist” straw man
- How bad is the situation of vocations to the priesthood tragic Germany?
- Esolen on virtue and chastity in “Wonder Woman” (not the one you immediately thought of)
- Irish “Mass Path”, for secret worship, mapped and photographed (and some BOOKS)
- ASK FATHER: SSPX or Diocesan TLM – It is an “undue burden” to have to wait 3.5 hours?
- Juxtaposition: Demolition of churches
- Yet another German moral mudslide: bishop proposes blessing homosexual relationships
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
GREAT causes to support
Please follow me on Twitter!
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: D. Kansas City-St. Joseph
Some parish churches are victims of awful post-Conciliar, faithless wreckovation. Some are awful because of budget problems when they were being constructed. Some are just plain awful.
A priest friend of mine has given a make over to his church, … Continue reading
Note that this priests says Mass for the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles in Missouri. They’re apostolate is to pray for priests and bishops. I hope they pray for me. They have wonderful discs of music. Speaking of … Continue reading
From a Press Release:
Bishop James V. Johnston, Jr. to Head Kansas City – St. Joseph Diocese
Pope Francis names Springfield – Cape Girardeau Bishop as 7th Bishop of Kansas City – St. Joseph.
(Kansas City, MO) The Holy See Press Office this … Continue reading
When anti-Catholic atrocities take place, Catholic bishops should act.
I read in the Kansas City Star (a McClatchy paper), that some “Lutherans” are going to host a sacrilegious, fake catholic “ordination” of a woman by the usual wymyn suspects. HERE It is … Continue reading
Do you remember there is an album of Advent music available? The wonderful Benedictine Nuns in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph provide it.
Here are a few little samples.
The UK link is HERE.
These same sisters are defending Bp. Robert Finn, who … Continue reading
It was a quick trip, too quick, but duty calls.
As I leave Kansas City, I thank my amiable hosts, whose son was, today, ordained a deacon. They always try to provide the best for the weary clerical guest.
Thanks to Fr. … Continue reading
Yes, we must attend to earthly justice, but when I watch what is happening in both Kansas City and my native place of St. Paul and Minneapolis, I wonder about the true motives of the newsies. Regarding St. Paul, I … Continue reading
Related to the news about Bp. Finn which I posted HERE, there is a story which ought to get the attention of, and scare to bits, every priest and bishop out there in the wide, hostile world.
First, the good news, HERE:
No … Continue reading
From Catholic World News:
Bishop Finn not liable in child-porn lawsuit, Missouri judge rules
A federal judge in Missouri has ruled that the Diocese of Kansas City (Missouri) and Bishop Robert Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a … Continue reading
One for the Brick by Brick file.
I had a note from a friend in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph, where the great Bishop Robert Finn presides.
At St. Andrew the Apostle on the north side of KC, Fr. Vince Rogers … Continue reading
Very cool brick by brick news from the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph, where Most Rev. Robert Finn is, by the grace of God, bishop.
Go now to the side bar of this blog and look for the feed of the … Continue reading
From the Kansas City Star:
Bishop Finn airs frustration over KC-based National Catholic Reporter
Finn objects to editorial positions taken by the Kansas City-based newspaper.
BY ALAN BAVLEY
The Kansas City Star
The bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph is expressing public … Continue reading
“Finn was too kind to them.”
That is Prof. Ed Peters, canonist over at his fine blog, In The Light Of The Law.
Peters has written about the Bp. Robert Finn’s column about the National catholic Fishwrap… Reporter. Bp. Finn, bishop of … Continue reading