Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Southern Baron said Father, I know I posted about this before, but I a...
- frjim4321 said Excuse the rabbit hole but this reminds me of a vi...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Masked Chicken, it might have been Freudian, but i...
- jacobi said To Geoffrey: Anyone, priest or layman in the prese...
- LarryW2LJ said First hearing about Bishop Blase Cupich from Spoka...
- Luvadoxi said rosaryarmy–lol!!
- pseudomodo said I wish I had a cat that purred like that…..
- rosaryarmy said I’ve seen some awful translations on the Va...
- Uxixu said I wouldn’t agree with ‘public shaming&...
- Uxixu said I’ve so wanted to take Communion at the rail...
- LarryW2LJ said Thanks for the pointer, Fr. Z. Ordered some for m...
- Irenaeus G. Saintonge said Is it just me, or is this all getting rather absur...
- Spade said “DavidJ says: 1 October 2014 at 2:00 pm So,...
- DavidJ said Spade said: “The priest is the one who decid...
- Magash said As someone who was present in the silly season rig...
- Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick said APX wrote: “According to a priest from the F...
- mhazell said frjim4321: For a person to insist upon kneeling wh...
- Sam Schmitt said Antonin, So you’re saying that the Church...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Majuscule, Yes, of course it is. I’m sorry....
- JBS said Perhaps we can hope the Holy Father intends to beg...
- Legisperitus said Vere dignum et iustum est.
- The Masked Chicken said Okay, now I’m confused. Shouldn’t tha...
- acricketchirps said Geoffrey – That statement is both ludicrous...
- AvantiBev said Thanks Fr. Z. This comes at a very timely moment...
- The Masked Chicken said “According to a priest from the FSSP, even t...
- Nicholas said I am glad to read this after a hard test on Commen...
- Unwilling said Antonin Desolata, your grief at losing Infans in t...
- JesusFreak84 said I saw a subject line in my inbox about a candy bar...
- Mike Morrow said Certainly this is laudable. At my southern parish...
- dans0622 said The problem (or, at least a problem) here is that...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- I still want that Veyron, but this was pretty spiffy.
- Thanks to and Mass for benefactors
- Of Latin oddities
- Pre-Order until 7 October 25% off – Book in defense of marriage, tradition
- I am not making up this coffee flavor!
- Scratching my head about the bishop in Paraguay
- Kneeless in Seattle
- FOLLOW UP: Good news on the Spanish Front! – Spanish TLMs in D. Raleigh a success!
- ¡Hagan lío! Taking HIM to the streets!
- Card. Kasper gives YET ANOTHER interview to America Magazine and an Argentinian daily
- Related issues?
- ASK FATHER: Biretta woes! Wherein Fr. Z offers wisdom.
- Dr. Peters on Sr. Walsh’s piece in America Magazine
- Nuns on the Bus: check out their ride!
- ATTENTION MEN: Pluscarden Abbey Monastic Experience Weekend
- The Feast of Angels
- OLDIE ASK FATHER: Eastern Subdeacon for Roman Solemn Mass? A Clerical Bedtime Story.
- Help the Transalpine Redemptorists!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: CQ CQ CQ … QSL?
- Bp. Conry (D. Arundel & Brighton) suddenly resigned. Fr. Z muses.
- Pondering Francis
- Malicious email from nefarious ne’er-do-wells
- Why “oikonomia” isn’t a solution for divorced and civilly remarried.
- WDTPRS 26th Ordinary Sunday – The Bowels of Mercy
- When inculturation is wrong: “whoring after ephemeral relevance, a prostitution to the present age”
- Fishwrap’s venomous MSW
- Multiple sins of the NETWORK nuns exposed
- “Bitter clash”? In your dreams, liberals.
- ASK FATHER: Baptizing aliens who burst into flames from water. No. Really.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: D. Kansas City-St. Joseph
How deep can anti-Catholic bigotry run in the mainstream press? Read on.
At Serviam I noticed this, in reference to the situation of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph and the embattled Bishop Robert Finn.
I’ve said previously that the [newspaper – Kansas … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Rev. Joseph Naumanm, Archbishop of Kansas City, Kansas – on the other side of the river from the homoynmous city in Missouri, has waded into the issue of the indictment level at Bp. Robert Finn of Kansas … Continue reading
From The Catholic League:
BISHOP FINN DESERVES BETTER
October 21, 2011
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on the controversy over Kansas City-St. Joseph Bishop Robert Finn:
The Catholic League will have a lot to say about Bishop Finn and his accusers over the … Continue reading
The ultra-liberal Kansas City Star in KC, MO has been gunnin’ for Bishop Robert Finn since he arrived. Now that some chum is in the water, they and their chums have been biting.
Therefore, I was surprised and pleased to see … Continue reading
I was sorry to read that His Excellency Most Rev. Robert Finn, Bishop of Kansas City – St. Joseph is facing an indictment for the misdemeanor of not reporting to police a suspicion that one of the priests of that … Continue reading
A Lutheran’s view on “the harm SNAP does by mounting little less than an anti-Catholic smear campaign”
On the site of First Things there is a good article about SNAP (Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests) by Russell E. Saltzman, mission development pastor of Trinity Lutheran Church, Gothenburg, Nebraska.
Saltzman writes with my emphases:
I no longer believe the … Continue reading
From a reader:
If you were confessing to a Bishop or a Cardinal or even the Holy
Father would you say “Bless me Bishop” or “Bless me your Eminence” etc
Sure. You could do it that way. If would be proper. But you … Continue reading
Some of the most vicious attacks I have ever seen on a Catholic bishop from the catholic and the secular left, have been launched at His Excellency Most Rev. Robert Finn of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph.
Lately, the Kansas … Continue reading
I have written before about the wonderful Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph. They were invited to the diocese by His Excellency Robert Finn, the ordinary of the region.
The sisters are building … Continue reading
The secular press in Kansas City, MO and the ultra-liberal, doctrine-dissenting, KC-based National catholic Reporter have been busy trying to tear the guts out of the diocese and Most Rev. Robert Finn, bishop, but not yet martyr.
From the site of … Continue reading