- Fr. Z - KC9ZJN - OFF
QRV on 00m 0.000
- "If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus
ep. 131 - AD 382
When you shop online…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Elizabeth D said each year my 6th gr catechism children seem to hav...
- DetJohn said New York pastrami sandwiches are good. For my tast...
- jtz622 said KD8UTC
- AnnTherese said Could you please say what “The Four Last Thi...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Edward Pentin writes, “Msgr. Charamsa, 43, w...
- majuscule said Someone somewhere in a comment on Facebook claimed...
- Venerator Sti Lot said When I wrote above of Fr. Lombardi’s (or his state...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Fr. Lombardi has now issued a statement “Reg...
- midwestmom said I’m guessing my email to the CDF about a Mid...
- acardnal said “Many today criticize the old method of educ...
- Mike said Thanks for the art narratives, Father. Because of...
- SaintJude6 said And I believe GatorMom is onto something. I would...
- Nancy D. said In Praying, we ask for the Wisdom to challenge the...
- bobk said What a blessed exchange with the woman at her fat...
- Elizabeth D said St Rafael, I concur with Fr Z’s responses to...
- Cradle Catholic said ejcmartin, your comment at 7:18a.m. Oct 4. ̷...
- frjim4321 said My take on this is that the closet is a very unhea...
- acardnal said How was that pastrami? Doesn’t appear too ju
- Synod open, CDF priest comes out | The Catholic Legate said […] He also published a pro-gay Manifesto. H...
- Mike said Father, that you were doubtless performing your du...
- Allan S. said MISSED ME! (4th time…perhaps a hint ;) ) Al...
- Elizabeth D said i love the story about the woman who knew the answ...
- Choirgirl said murtheol: “Me and Zuhlio Down By the School...
- Gregg the Obscure said Dear Lord Jesus Christ, the eyes of all men now lo...
- Some thoughts as the synod fathers gather in Rome | Foolishness to the world said […] Then there is the way pressure to change...
- Toan said Hmm…is it just me, or are the final synod ru...
- majuscule said pray4truth– We will not take that as any for...
- pray4truth said oops, my emoji’s of clapping and praying, th...
- pray4truth said ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ????
- Veritatis Splendor said Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Open Band Alert (180)
- Pope Francis meets with Kim Davis. The Left melts down. (94)
- CDF priest comes out of the closet and makes demands. He’s fired. (71)
- Pope Francis, Kim Davis meeting: development (49)
- ASK FATHER: “Everyone, extend your hands to bless Myrna!” (40)
- Synod rule changes to be announced on Friday. Hold on to your socks. (38)
- A Feast of Angels (38)
- Pope Francis: Women priests? “NO.” (35)
- Nancy “The Theologian” Pelosi tears the throat out of a reporter asking about big-business abortion (29)
- ZUHLIO RETURNS! “Fifty Ways To Rig A Synod” (24)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami
- WDTPRS – 19th Sunday after Pentecost: “Why did God make you?”
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Saturday – CARDS!
- CDF priest comes out of the closet and makes demands. He’s fired.
- ZUHLIO RETURNS! “Fifty Ways To Rig A Synod”
- Horror in Oregon … and Glory? A reminder about your own soul and death.
- My View For Awhile: Hurricane Dodging Edition
- Pope Francis, Kim Davis meeting: development
- ACTION ITEM! Birettas for Seminarians Project: UPDATED
- Nancy “The Theologian” Pelosi tears the throat out of a reporter asking about big-business abortion
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- It’s as if Francis had met with the homophobic dictator Kim DaeVis
- FR. Z BLOG EXCLUSIVE! The return of…
- Bp. Olmsted (D. Phoenix) issues to men a tremendous call to battle!
- Pope Francis meets with Kim Davis. The Left melts down.
- ASK FATHER: If 50% of marriages are invalid, how do I know if my marriage is valid?
- A Roman Mystery: The Lost Tomb of St. Jerome
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Open Band Alert
- New sacred music disc recorded in the Sistine Chapel
- A Feast of Angels
- Off the cuff Francis on the family
- Your Good News
- Synod rule changes to be announced on Friday. Hold on to your socks.
- ACTION ITEM! It’s time to order your 2016 Ordo (St. John Cantius)
- ASK FATHER: Where should Father distribute Holy Communion?
- Pope Francis: Women priests? “NO.”
- Recent Arrivals: spiffy books
- ASK FATHER: “Everyone, extend your hands to bless Myrna!”
- St. Mary Goretti USA Pilgrimage – NEWS
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: D. Kansas City-St. Joseph
From CBS with my emphases and comments: SNAP’s David Clohessy Could Face Jail Time ST. LOUIS–(KMOX)–The director of the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests says he may faces fines or jail time for refusing to obey a judge’s … Continue reading
Over at SERVIAM you can learn a great deal about what is going on in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph and the relentless attacks on Bp. Finn in particular and the Catholic Church in general.
You read, for sure, about the deal struck between Bp. Finn of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph and the county where Kansas City, MO is located. From CNA comes this. Bishop Finn agreement seems to indicate prosecution’s weak case … Continue reading
From The Catholic League: KANSAS CITY CATHOLIC GROUPS SENT KC STAR AD November 11, 2011 by admin Filed under Latest News Releases Catholic League president Bill Donohue speaks to the latest developments regarding its battle with the Kansas City Star: … Continue reading
How deep can anti-Catholic bigotry run in the mainstream press? Read on. At Serviam I noticed this, in reference to the situation of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph and the embattled Bishop Robert Finn. I’ve said previously that the [newspaper … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Rev. Joseph Naumanm, Archbishop of Kansas City, Kansas – on the other side of the river from the homoynmous city in Missouri, has waded into the issue of the indictment level at Bp. Robert Finn of Kansas … Continue reading
From The Catholic League: BISHOP FINN DESERVES BETTER October 21, 2011 Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on the controversy over Kansas City-St. Joseph Bishop Robert Finn: The Catholic League will have a lot to say about Bishop Finn and … Continue reading
The ultra-liberal Kansas City Star in KC, MO has been gunnin’ for Bishop Robert Finn since he arrived. Now that some chum is in the water, they and their chums have been biting. Therefore, I was surprised and pleased to … Continue reading
I was sorry to read that His Excellency Most Rev. Robert Finn, Bishop of Kansas City – St. Joseph is facing an indictment for the misdemeanor of not reporting to police a suspicion that one of the priests of that … Continue reading
A Lutheran’s view on “the harm SNAP does by mounting little less than an anti-Catholic smear campaign”
On the site of First Things there is a good article about SNAP (Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests) by Russell E. Saltzman, mission development pastor of Trinity Lutheran Church, Gothenburg, Nebraska. Saltzman writes with my emphases: I no longer … Continue reading