- If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 RSV
BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING?
Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
US Hardcover - HERE
UK Hardcover - HERE
US Paperback - HERE
UK Paperback - not yet
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- TheDude05 said I wonder if he has looked at outsourcing to other...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay) said “Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Deve...
- William Tighe said Anilwang’s comment above is correct in gener...
- jacobi said I have this problem in the UK . Personally, I do...
- acardnal said I’ve been told consolidation is the future.
- Venerator Sti Lot said Is the interrelation of Propers and Lessons often...
- Venerator Sti Lot said gretta writes, “I think that prior to the cu...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Given His Holiness’ priorities, isn’t...
- Bender said Sorry I missed this yesterday. It is quite simple...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Vincent, In The Liturgy of the Mass (as scanned in...
- Nan said Matt R, the East and West have different thought p...
- gracie said I suspect many people leave early because unconsci...
- Br. Tom Forde OFM Cap said I am surprised this is real I initally thought it...
- Matt R said Whereas there is no such requirement for a Protest...
- majuscule said As far as I know, on Labor Day Father is hearing c...
- Fr. Timothy Ferguson said St. Corbinian’s Bear – The Catechism...
- Fr. Timothy Ferguson said In reply to Matt R’s questions: Eastern Cath...
- vivatcj said A friend of mine and I, while weekend walking and...
- Fr. Timothy Ferguson said It would be imprecise to say that the Orthodox rej...
- JabbaPapa said The following is found in Dignitas Connubii — Giv...
- thomas777 said I had to go to confession the other day, and the g...
- St. Corbinian's Bear said Regardless of defection, is it still the sin of ap...
- JabbaPapa said I see, Mr. Tighe — sort of like the Kasper &...
- capchoirgirl said At my Dominican run parish, we have confession eve...
- Panterina said This is like asking “what is the minimum I h...
- The Masked Chicken said “I would be curious to see a poll on protest...
- anilwang said Canon 95 of the Sixth Ecumenical Council which is...
- William Tighe said “(BTW Father, AFAIK Orthodox remarriage requ...
- Matt R said The bishop also has a say in the matter.
- MarkJ said Jesus Himself referred to the Sacrament of Confess...
Without you, there is no blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Art by D Burkart
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18
"Where priest and people together face the same way, what we have is a cosmic orientation and also in interpretation of the Eucharist in terms of resurrection and trinitarian theology. Hence it is also an interpretation in terms of parousia, a theology of hope, in which every Mass is an approach to the return of Christ."
Joseph Ratzinger - The Feast of Faith"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Some OBLIGATORY reading…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Pope Francis creates a one new Dicastery out of four, which will be suppressed
- ASK FATHER: Formal defection from Catholic Church to Orthodox Church
- Labor Day of Love: “How I am to approach the Sacrament of Penance?”
- RECENT POSTS and Mass for Benefactors
- “Admire the beauty but fear the beast.”
- ASK FATHER: Mass intentions for groups of people
- ASK FATHER: What are the best arguments they have in the favor of the novus ordo?
- ASK FATHER: Minimum to fulfill Mass obligation
- ASK FATHER: Praying for the Holy Father’s intentions when those intentions are… odd
- ASK FATHER: Confessions during Mass – followup
- Of speaking truth to power, close hair cuts, and you
- ASK FATHER: How are we supposed to remain Catholic these days?
- 29 August – Beheading of John the Baptist and diminishing returns
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- INDONESIA: Wannabe ISIS terrorist stabs priest, fails with bomb
- QUAERITUR: Best translation of St. Augustine’s “Confessions”?
- ASK FATHER: What to do if your parish is extremely liberal?
- WDTPRS 15th Sunday after Pentecost: Holy Church, Peter’s Barque
- Photos from a Mass of Reparation for sacrileges and blasphemies
- UK Ordinariate… Quo?
- ACTION ITEM: Prayers after Earthquake near Norcia, Italy
- WDTPRS – 22nd Ordinary Sunday: graft the love of Your Name into our hearts
- ACTION ITEM! Birettas for Seminarians Project!
- PROXIMA b!
- Screwtape’s letter to Bitterwench
- Benedict explains more about why he abdicated
- Si vis pacem, para bellum. If you want peace, ready war.
- Monstrous Soros spent $650K to tame US bishops
- My View For Awhile: Inertia Edition
- Wherein Fr. Z asks readers to offer the Fishwrap some constructive help
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Tag Archives: D. Madison
First, today, the Feast of the Sacred Heart, you can gain a plenary indulgence under the usual conditions. “A plenary indulgence is granted to the faithful who, on the solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, publicly recite the … Continue reading
I just watched the video stream of The Extraordinary Ordinary, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, offering the opening prayer of the Wisconsin Senate on a day when the Senate voted to ban abortion after 20 weeks. The prayer … Continue reading
On the evening of Thursday 4 June, the Feast of Corpus Christi, the Tridentine Mass Society of Madison (latinmassmadison.org) sponsored a Pontifical Mass at the Throne, in the Roman Rite’s Extraordinary Form (the way we prayed before and during the … Continue reading
The crowning jewel of the Roman Rite is the Pontifical Mass, particularly when the diocesan bishop celebrates in his own diocese. It is as if the whole diocese is present in the moment. In Madison, WI, the local bishop, His … Continue reading
Reactions to my post When they come to destroy your business because you are pro-traditional family are still rolling in. It was cited quite a few news outlets and blogs. Today, Sunday, there is a piece in the local paper where … Continue reading
Today, Wednesday 25 March at 7 pm, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, will celebrate a Pontifical Mass at the Throne (Extraordinary Form) at Chapel of the Bishop O’Conner Center (MAP) for the Feast of the Annunciation. … Continue reading
Michael Sean Winters of the National Schismatic Reporter brought a smile to my face today! Winters is primarily reacting to Ross Douthat’s recent piece HERE. Douthat commented in his piece on those who are more traditional and how they see Pope Francis. … Continue reading
A couple of nice TLM photos. His Excellency Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, celebrating Holy Mass in the Extraordinary Form for seminarians at Mount St. Mary Seminary. The diocese has seminarians in formation there. Preparing future officers of … Continue reading
I updated this with Part 2 from the WSJ, below. Read about a seminarian who will say the TLM. To make a donation to the Diocese of Madison and to earmark it for seminarians, click HERE. Once you click the … Continue reading
On 2 February – Candlemas – in Madison, WI, His Excellency Most Rev. Bishop Robert C. Morlino (the Extraordinary Ordinary) will celebrate a Pontifical Mass at the Throne. The Mass will begin at 7 pm at the Bishop O’Connor Center. … Continue reading
I have written before on the topic of the use of the Roman collar by permanent deacons. HERE I saw that the weekly newspaper of the Diocese of Madison (where I usually am when not on the road) has a … Continue reading
On Monday, the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, we had a Pontifical Mass at the Throne with the Extraordinary Ordinary, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison. Despite the horrid weather, and despite the Packers playing Atlanta … Continue reading
An image… Despite the horrid weather, and despite the Packers playing Atlanta on Monday Night Football (the Packers won), we still had quite a good attendance. These happy people were able to fulfill their Mass Obligation with a Pontifical Mass … Continue reading
Tonight in Madison, the Extraordinary Ordinary, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of the same Madison, will celebrated a Pontifical Mass at the Throne in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite. The Mass will begin at 7 … Continue reading