Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- KateD said We loved this, Father. Thank you for posting it.
- KAS said I suspect less environmental damage from Lockheed...
- Kerry said Like the apocryphal story from Vietnam, “Why...
- Bryan D. Boyle said No one every pays attention to the law of unintend...
- Uxixu said Chickens, ducks or generic ‘birds’ or...
- SKAY said “RIP, dear cousins.” Exactly chicken....
- Uxixu said Lincoln himself separately said that he was more a...
- RAve said Ah say, Ah say, theh’s somethin’ wrong...
- Rachel K said Nevada Fried Pigeon anyone?
- Martial Artist said Chitons are indeed small to large marine molluscs...
- Latin Mass Type said Sheesh…why couldn’t their computer mod...
- JesusFreak84 said Well, with animals being damaged by birth control...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said This is coming from a gentleman who thinks spendin...
- Gerard Plourde said Not about slavery? What about the penultimate para...
- The Masked Chicken said RIP, dear cousins. The Chicken
- Gerard Plourde said It seems that the problem here is one of scale. Th...
- Andkaras said This post immediately reminded me of a commercial...
- NickD said But solar energy gets a pass, because it’ll...
- SKAY said The progressives always tell us they will build a...
- Elizabeth D said Not sure I believe we got the word cotton from ...
- demivalka said Chiton is also where we derive the word cotton.
- Tony Phillips said Wasn’t Bugatti the guy who dreamed up the ne...
- Ed the Roman said Yes, it’s a shell. Chiton ==> chitin ==&g...
- pmullane said +JMJ+ “they’re obviously going to have to pu...
- Seamus said “Why March? I suppose before the advent of m...
- Seamus said I will acknowledge that slavery was the motivation...
- Grumpy Beggar said pmullane is right – you would need “a...
- Seamus said “Lincoln and Sherman would be tried for war...
- Seamus said “Let us keep in mind that among the things s...
- Seamus said “The war crimes of Lincoln and his Union gen...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Not exactly Crispy Skin Chicken…
- LENTCAzT 16: Thursday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- Veyron’s successor?
- 4 March 1865: Lincoln’s 2nd Inaugural Address
- My View For Awhile: Close Call Edition
- Christ’s childhood home found?
- LENTCAzT 15: Wednesday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- Spectacular video of Mont Saint-Michel
- “They paved paradise and they put up a….”
- Renaissance triumphalist crowing both in bad taste and divisive
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM: Let’s get a custom breastplate for a Swiss Guard. We are ready to do it!
- ASK FATHER: Confession and absolution via text message? Phone? VOIP?
- LENTCAzT 14: Tuesday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Stole-less confession. Okay?
- UPDATE: D. Madison: Bp. Morlino and the surge of priestly vocations (Parts 1 & 2)
- It’s NOT a “women’s issue” it’s a “human rights” issue.
- LENTCAzT 13: Monday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Membership in a parish, borders, registration
- LENTCAzT 12: 2nd Sunday of Lent
- Internet to be regulated by Feds… what could possibly go wrong?
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: D. Madison
For those of you in striking distance of Madison, WI….
On Sunday, the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul, there will be a Pontifical Mass at the Throne celebrated by His Excellency Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison.
Mass will … Continue reading
Legislatures don’t make the laws in these USA anymore. Judges nobody elected have taken over. They do whatever the hell they want in this new kritarchy.
A case in point. A US District Court, Judge Barbara Crabb, struck down as unconstitutional … Continue reading
YOU DID IT! 100% Fulfillment of the requests for socks. I am really proud of you.
1800 pairs of sock in less than a month and a half.
Our own “Cantor”, frequent commentator here, broke down the purchases by location. NB: British … Continue reading
Our very own “acardnal”, frequent commentator, assisted today at the Solemn Holy Mass celebrated by the undersigned at Holy Redeemer in downtown Madison. He took some photos and has graciously shared them.
This was the first time that one of the … Continue reading
In the Left-leaning Wisconsin State Journal columnist Doug Erikson offered a piece on 16 April called “In the Spirit: Bishop Robert Morlino’s foot-washing policy draws national press, petition effort”. Erickson’s bias against Bp. Morlino in favor of a liberal activist group … Continue reading
Last year Pope Francis went to a jail on the edge of Rome and washed the feet of a couple of females
Today in the WSJ (Wisconsin State Journal) there is a rather feeble attempt to stir a little more controversy … Continue reading
Deacon By Deacon.
His Mightiness, Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of the Diocese of Madison (aka “The Extraordinary Ordinary”), descended upon Nebraska recently to ordain men of the Fraternity of St. Peter to the holy diaconate.
Note… gloves, dalmatic, simple … Continue reading
The the Wisconsin State Journal there is a long interview with His Excellency Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison (aka “The Extraordinary Ordinary”), occasioned by the approaching 1st anniversary of the election of Pope Francis. Full transcript HERE
Many … Continue reading
With a tip of my biretta to Badger Catholic:
“Truth and charity can never be separated.”
Here is a success story.
In the little town of Fennimore, WI, Fr. Miguel Galvez of the Society of Jesus the Priest, implemented a restoration of the St. Mary Church.
There is an article about this church and the consecration of the altar in … Continue reading