Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- digitalcatholic said When I was in a youth group in high school, we pla...
- jacobi said Father, Yes, the usual distorted reporting for hea...
- Ganganelli said I think there is some real fire behind this smoke...
- PA mom said Prayers for all of you. It makes me realize how &...
- boxerpaws1952 said Otto,Peter denied Jesus 3x but Jesus still gave Hi...
- snoozie said Fr. Z, if, and I say a big IF this is true (and h...
- HeatherPA said Asking St. Joseph’s intercession for OP and...
- Gaetano said From a legal perspective, the Facebook post is ...
- LeeF said madisoncanonist answered the question that I was g...
- Joe in Canada said “Taking the Sacrament” is a British En...
- Bosco said The Phone Ranger reputedly strikes again. I have...
- pseudomodo said President Obama called me and said I don’t n...
- jhayes said According to Vatican Insider, the woman is not div...
- Shonkin said “No more generic vocation prayers” ...
- YorkshireStudent said Mind you, for all it’s a spurious story OR s...
- Paliakas1 said The Francis effect – the faithful are bewild...
- sw85 said A few points to insist on for all involved: (A) Ev...
- Michael said The Astronomer, It is my opinion that you have not...
- boxerpaws1952 said you should read the garbage the Huff Post put up a...
- boxerpaws1952 said ” The Holy Father’s comments have been hijac...
- catholicgauze said Semi-response from Vatican. http://vaticaninsider...
- Tina in Ashburn said My heart goes out to the posted-question-asker as...
- The Masked Chicken said You are taking about the Torino Scale (named from...
- VARoman said Thank you everyone, for the wonderful, insightful...
- Robertus Pittsburghensis said Vecchio, If by vigil, you mean the Easter Vigil, t...
- Suburbanbanshee said JustaSinner – Heh! Actually, “world wi...
- Jerry said “Such annulments are often impossible to obt...
- Suburbanbanshee said Praying for everybody. To be faithful despite diff...
- JustaSinner said One of my favorite go-to prayers: “Glory be...
- iowapapist said Our beloved Holy Father uses very little discretio...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Confusion in Telegraph story about Francis and divorce/remarriage
- ASK FATHER: Spouse unwilling to seek convalidation of marriage.
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 50: Easter Wednesday – You are like a new colony of bees
- WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!
- The Feeder Feed: Old Chasuble Edition
- The key to increasing vocations
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 49: Easter Tuesday – Finding the bones of St. Paul
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 48: Easter Monday – Octaves explained
- ASK FATHER: Godparents must be confirmed, married properly
- Your Easter Sunday sermon notes
- WDTPRS Easter Sunday: “Be what you see and receive what you are.”
- How the great have fallen.
- Fortissimo in the Faith: two bloggers (I one) looking back
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: D. Madison
Do you remember that a couple years about Bp. Robert C. Morlino banned eulogies in the Diocese of Madison? HERE Some people nearly lost their minds. Morlino was only being a “good son of the Church”, as Pope Francis describes … Continue reading
The other day I posted about special blessings of sacramentals for Epiphany, including the Blessing for Epiphany Water.
As a follow up, since the blessing of Epiphany Water is reserved to bishops and to priests with permission from their bishop, I … Continue reading
Today is the 50th anniversary of Sacrosanctum Concilium.
What great fruits the liturgical reforms have produced! Jammed churches, long confession lines, full schools, lots of weddings and baptisms, convents bursting, seminaries churning out priests as fast as they can be ordained….
Back … Continue reading
One of the stranger groups of women religious who belong to the LCWR crowd are the Sinsinawa Domincans, whose motherhouse is in southern Wisconsin, in the Diocese of Madison.
You might review my post NUNS GONE WILD for a glimpse of … Continue reading
It has finally happened.
I have at long last – for my sins – been summoned on pain of censures to appear at an ecclesiastical tribunal.
Technorati Tags: coffee, D. Madison
Here is a video message from His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino to Catholic teachers in the Diocese of Madison.
As teachers workshops wind up around the country, and as schools begin again, and as this Year of Faith continues, … Continue reading
Again and again we see liberals and the MSM (virtually all liberal) cherry-pick a quote of Pope Francis and then run with it as if, by itself, it actually means something profoundly in harmony with their liberal agenda.
I saw this … Continue reading
On 1 August 2003, His Excellency Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino was installed as Bishop of Madison. Madison, one of the great liberal bastions of these USA, has been described by some as “47 square miles surrounded by reality”.
Happy 10th … Continue reading
Baby by baby.
Talk about a new way of thinking about “emanations from penumbras”!
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker Signs Bill for Ultrasound Before Abortion
by Steven Ertelt
Today, Governor Scott Walker signed Senate Bill 206 (Sonya’s Law) into law. This important new law … Continue reading