Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Click the image below (they took away our search box!). Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Benedict Joseph: Now I have to buy it!
- Semper Gumby: Thanks to Fr. Z and commenters for info in these Lettergate posts.
- YoungLatinMassGuy: Here are four letters that’ ;ll “tri gger” ; every SJW: XY. XX.
- pianofab: Grazie per questo breve excursus ai tempi del liceo! [Di nulla.]
- CharlesG: “Tim e to fight back.̶ 1; Well, time is greater than space, after all…
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- How bad was the Three Days of Darkness this year?
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Fishwrap’s Wile E. Coyote v. @DouthatNYT and his new book for Pope Francis’ 5th anniversary
- The Extraordinary Form “raises the bar”
- Lettergate produces a casualty: Msgr. Viganò. Well… not quite.
- LENTCAzT 2018 36 – Wednesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: It’s madness!
- ROME – 7 April – Conference: “Catholic Church, Where Are You Going?”
- UPDATE & ACTION ITEM for St. John Cantius in Chicago – @SJCantius
- “Not so fast!”, says the damned soul. “Amoris laetitia says,…”.
- UPDATE on ACTION ITEM! Pray for important pro-life SCOTUS case! Arguments on 20 March.
- A charming 15th century view of St. Joseph
- My View For Awhile: Northward
- Author of “The Dictator Pope” revealed (officially) and book format now available
- LENTCAzT 2018 34 – Monday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: sin makes you stoopid
- ASK FATHER: Absolution at jail through glass, phone in visitor’s room
- The fruits of dumbing everything down, down, ever down.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and Passion Sunday POLL: veils on images
- LENTCAzT 2018 33 – 1st Passion Sunday, 5th of Lent: marked with the light of Thy countenance
- Dumb down liturgy. Great idea, right?
- UPDATE: Even more comes about The Letter™: additional missing text
- FSSP North America Blog
- WDTPRS 5th Sunday of Lent: Undergoing liturgical death
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,…” The Lorica of St Patrick
- LENTCAzT 2018 32 – Saturday in the 4th Week of Lent: ungenerous, unscrupulous
- UPDATES – More of and about The Letter™ of Benedict XVI on the booklets
- Fr. Stravinskas breaks it down to the essential
- The Three Days of Darkness 2018 are underway in LA!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2018 31 – Friday in the 4th Week of Lent: Innocence, Penitence, Priesthood
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: D. Madison
The other days His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, the Extraordinary Ordinary, Bishop of Madison held one of his regular, usually monthly, “staff catechesis” meetings. He is also generous in forthrightly answering questions about the topic he chooses to … Continue reading
Last night here in the Diocese of Madison we had Solemn Mass for the Feast of St Andrew and the Sacrament of Confirmation administered in the Traditional Roman Rite by His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, aka the Extraordinary Ordinary.
A … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, has graciously consented to confer the sacrament of Confirmation according to the traditional form of the Roman Rite on the evening of Wednesday, 30 November 2016 at St. Mary’s Church in … Continue reading
Something a little unusual. In the Diocese of Madison, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino (aka The Extraordinary Ordinary) has given permission to use, for the Novus Ordo, one of the “Masses for Various Needs and Occasions” on Sunday … Continue reading
Tonight at St. Mary’s in Pine Bluff, minutes to the west of downtown Madison, we had a Solemn Mass for the Feast of the Assumption (the parish’s patronal feast), which I offered in reparation for sacrilege and blasphemy, especially that … Continue reading
Last night the Extraordinary Ordinary, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, sang a Pontifical Requiem at the Throne as a “Month’s Mind” for Msgr. Delbert Schmelzer, a beloved priest of the diocese.
Here are some images. As … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Reverent Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, the Extraordinary Ordinary, regularly celebrates Holy Mass also in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite.
The next Solemn Pontifical Mass – a Requiem – will be offered by Bishop Morlino on … Continue reading
On 1 July, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, by the grace of God and the Apostolic See Bishop of Madison (aka The Extraordinary Ordinary), sang a Pontifical Mass at the Throne in the Roman Rite’s traditional form.
Holy Mass was … Continue reading
I’ll pass this along…
From the Chancellor of the Diocese of Madison:
With this email I convey the dispensation of the Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, granted to any of those who assist piously in the Pontifical Mass for … Continue reading