Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- araustin02: Short answer is “no.” They don’t have the capacity to concelebra te. But what were the priests/bi shops thinking in allowing them up there to pretend as if they were?
- APX: Is that a zebra print stole on that one woman? So, if the bishop in doing this excommunic ated himself, but doesn̵ 7;t realize it, even though he should, being a bishop and all, how does...
- LeeGilbert: Given the lived experience of Cdl Cupich, you’ ve got to have some sympathy for the man. Not long ago, contrary to all reasonable expectatio ns, he was taken by the hair of his...
- dbf223: That sanctuary seems like a pretty cramped spot for yoga. Is there really room for everyone to stretch out? As noted, there is a gym right next door. If I had to bet, I’d say that...
- Julia_Augusta: Doesn’t the Triangle Pose commemorat e the Trinity? : )
- adriennep: They could be doing the Hokey Pokey around the altar and it would still be just as open to the demonic. The nature of sacrilege.
- Amante de los Manuales: It’s disgusting . It’s infuriatin g. It’s hurtful. (Besides, it looks stupid.)
- majuscule: It’s good to see that the website that reported this is supplying contact informatio n in order to complain (or better yet, express outrage). Why are these goofy examples usually...
- JabbaPapa: Have all of these people, the catholics anyway, just excommunic ated themselves latae sententiae ? Or given that the local Ordinary was seemingly involved, would this require some more...
- JabbaPapa: AFAIK when yoga is practiced purely as an exercise régime it is permissibl e — but when it is proposed as a “spi ritualR 21; exercise, it is to be resolutely shunned in...
- Sagarpriest: To be fair, I think lots of forms of yoga have been drained of any spiritual content. It’s largely suffered, as Americans can do better than anyone, the fate of being rende...
- Uxixu: The permissive heterodox aka Progressiv e wing of the Church reminds me of the Democrats in 2016 not realizing there̵ 7;s a cycle and the shoe will one day, sooner or later, be on the...
- rbbadger: Sadly, other religious communitie s of men aren’ ;t much better. Because I am a priest for a relatively small diocese, the bishop insists that we try to all go on retreat toget...
- Amerikaner: Dear (crazy) Jesuits, You have your reward now. But here’ ;s the rub… you will all meet your Lord and will have to give account of your scandalous ways.
- Midwest St. Michael: Does it seem right? Dear Lord in heaven, no! >=( It is an outrage.
- teomatteo: whoa… ;. how come those men aren’ ;t in yoga pants? Fr. Martin?
- erick: I have been told that the poses of yoga are the bodily worship of eastern gods. If that is so, would this not be a serious problem in the sanctuary?
- Mike: Faithful Catholics don’ t stop being Catholic just because thugs throw around words like ‘int erdictR 17; as if they know what they’ ;re talking about. We pray (especi...
- Stephanus83: I fully understand and accept that Priests cannot wear clerics at every hour of the day. However, is it really that difficult to put on a collar when you’ re making a public...
- GHP: Blase Cardinal Cupich is preaching a real blasé soup-sandw ich (as in “mes sed up like a soup-sandw ich … try eating a soup sandwich and you’ ll get the drift). Geee …...
- Joy65: OK I am trying NOT to be uncharitab le here but WHAT will this priest have to do to get corrected? I mean his words and stand on homosexual ity are not in line with Church teaching and this...
- hwriggles4: My diocese began doing the “Lea ve the Light On” campaign circa 2008, not long after a new bishop arrived. Our newer bishop (arrived last year) is continuing the “...
- YoungLatinMassGuy: It is amazing to me… The Bishops, and the priests and deacons as well, have all managed to turn the Most Epic story in human history, filled with intrigue, betraya...
- Mike: What sells? At least the last time I checked, the posters promoting diocesan vocations and the Retirement Fund for Religious portrayed traditiona l-looking priests, brothers and sisters. Not...
- Antonin: The problem with Spadaro and many of the Italian prelates and western European ones is that they are not accustomed to democracy and the kind of free speech that occurs within the United...
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- BRAZIL: Did these bishops allow women to concelebrate Mass?
- Promoted by @JamesMartinSJ – Jesuits have yoga in church sanctuary at a school
- LENTCAzT 2018 09 – Thursday in the 1st Week of Lent: The inexhaustible virtue of the Word
- Fr. Murray on “lived experience”, “accompaniment”, “conscience”
- More news from the New catholic Red Guard
- Making the Church appealing. What “sells”?
- LENTCAzT 2018 08 – Wednesday in the 1st Week of Lent: Never ending combat
- 20 Feb – Feast of Sts Francisco and Jacinta of Fatima
- Of “paradigm shift” interest
- Spain: young people dancing a jota in reparation for blasphemy against the Blessed Virgin
- Mega-Masses and too many Hosts
- The State v. Self-Reliance
- LENTCAzT 2018 07 – Tuesday in the 1st Week of Lent: subtle temptation
- Attacks on the family
- My View For Awhile: Capital Edition
- Books for boys. Suggested titles and an additional point.
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
- LENTCAzT 2018 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: Anger and Reason
- Commandments are NOT mere “ideals” from which some are excused because, “They’re tooo haaard!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- JUST TOO COOL – Cops, ashes, and podcasts
- VIDEO Fr. Murray and Prof. Royal on some tough issues
- LENTCAzT 2018 04 – Ash Saturday: Getting ready for… it.
- Pontifical Requiem Mass for a great lover of the Church’s sacred liturgy
- LENTCAzT 2018 03 – Ash Friday: Grant me a little more time
- Role of #MSM in mass shootings: If it bleeds, it leads. Angry @fatherz asks fearful questions
- Wherein Fr. Z rants in the wake of the Florida school mass murder
- Friday after Ash Wednesday: Feast of the Crown of Thorns
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Defense of Marriage
From the site of the USCCB:
General Holder Acts Contrary to Supreme Court Decision
By Archbishop Salvatore J. Cordileone
Last week Attorney General Eric Holder announced that the federal government will recognize so-called “marriages” performed in Utah between persons of the same sex … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Reverend Thomas John Paprocki, Bishop of Springfield in Illinois, wrote a letter to be read in parishes or put in parish bulletins this weekend. The letter concerns the absurdly titled “The Religious Freedom and Marriage Fairness Act”. … Continue reading
U.S. Bishops call for project of prayer, fasting to begin 30 DECEMBER to defend Life, Marriage, Religious Liberty – FR Z POLL
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Did you know that the Bishops of these United States of America have asked for Catholics to pray, fast and abstain on Fridays, and take part in a holy hour each month?
Call To … Continue reading
Minnesota is ground zero right now for defense of true marriage.
The Church and right thinking people (in the matter of marriage) have a steep hill to ascend. The mainstream media is in control of the “topics” (a technical term from … Continue reading
Minnesota is ground-zero for defense of true marriage this year.
I predicted that as election day in November 2012 drew nearer, the battle over the defense-of-marriage amendment in Minnesota would get as weird as the legislative battle last year in Madison, … Continue reading
A while back I posted: Are we witnessing the establishment of a “state religion”?
From the site of CNBC:
Washington state Catholic bishop warned over anti-gay marriage campaign
OLYMPIA, Washington (Reuters) – Washington state regulators have warned a Roman Catholic bishop that his … Continue reading
Are you a Catholic who voted for The First Gay President?
Democrats are set to include a pro-gay marriage plank in their convention platform for the first time in history, party sources confirm to POLITICO. The language was approved … Continue reading
At a conference not long ago, I learned that, in Minnesota, only 2% of those polled were undecided. That means everything hinges on voter turn out.
Now this comes from KSTP:
SurveyUSA/KSTP Poll: Marriage Amendment Supporters Lead Among Likely Voters
A new SurveyUSA/KSTP … Continue reading
An ACTION ITEM in defense of true marriage.
I received this:
If you can help them do this, it is very important that you do. The results of the polling will give them a good list of people to make sure to … Continue reading
On all sides we hear from those who want to condone same-sex relationships as “marriage” that denial of marriage to same-sex couples is like denial of restaurant service to blacks in 1950’s Alabama.
Do not be suckered into accepting that premise.
Same-sex … Continue reading
Dr. Jennifer Morse – whose acquaintance I renewed during Acton University last week – has been doing good work at the Ruth Institute to defend true marriage. Not too long ago, I visited a parish which had their pamphlet listing 77 … Continue reading
Readers want me to fisk one of our favorite contributors to the National Catholic Fishwrap, the perennial Sr. Maureen Fiedler. Alas, I two tags for Sister, the other is here.
This week Sister has knuckle-slapped the Bishops of Wisconsin for … Continue reading
London is decorated for the Queen’s 60th Jubilee.
Apart from the decorations and public ceremonies, two things which will stand out from the observance of these 60 years.
First, yesterday at the Brompton Oratory after the principle Mass, celebrated for the Queen’s … Continue reading
Bp. Davies (D. Shrewsbury) defends marriage: politicians who give lips service to the family must now act
Pres. Obama, The First Gay President, is not the only one undermining our first freedoms.
We have been keeping an eye His Excellency Most Rev. Mark Davies, Bishop of Shrewsbury (south of the River Mersey next to Liverpool, the southern parts … Continue reading
Timothy Card. Dolan, President of the USCCB, reacts to Pres. Obama’s endorsement of unnatural unions
Timothy Card. Dolan, President of the USCCB on Pres. Obama’s endorsement of unnatural unions as if they were marriage.
From the site of the USCCB with my emphases:
Cardinal Dolan: President Obama’s Remarks On Marriage ‘Deeply Saddening’
May 9, 2012
WASHINGTON—Cardinal Timothy Dolan, president of … Continue reading
In Minnesota an amendment to the state constitution has been proposed which would define and defend proper and true marriage. When the weather warms up again watch for St. Paul, Minnesota to become ground zero for this … Continue reading
A week or so ago I posted about Archbishop John Nienstedt’s (St. Paul and Minneapolis) initiative to promote a defense of true and natural marriage in an amendment to the State Constitution of Minnesota. His Excellency indicated to the … Continue reading
I watched a segment on Hannity’s show tonight (between plays) and candidate Rick Santorum was on. He explained the death of his newborn child, which became a point of – I am not making this up – mockery from … Continue reading
As I understand it, two states have defense of marriage amendments for their state constitutions up for a vote in 2012: North Carolina and Minnesota. As I understand it, the amendment to defend true and natural marriage will not be … Continue reading
In my native place, Minnesota, the Catholic Bishops have banded together in a defense of true marriage against a redefinition of marriage to include something unnatural. Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. They are working together to support passage of … Continue reading