Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Rob22 said Yes, the mainstream conservative press has also be...
- wolfeken said “Even during the pontificate of Pius XII and...
- gjp said The mere mention of Charles Martel reminds me that...
- TWF said I have great love for the Oratorians. When I was w...
- MrsMacD said God bless them and be with them. The war is not a...
- Henry Edwards said athelstan: “It was the widespread nature of...
- Liz said That is BEAUTIFUL handwriting. Wow that’s in...
- Stephanus83 said That handwritten letter is Latin is really nice. K...
- johnson2380 said I am reminded of the parable of the Parable of the...
- samgr said Friars. Capuchins are Franciscan friars. Friars do...
- Phil_NL said I can’t say I blame the crook (for this one;...
- Athelstan said One other aspect of this story that has NOT been e...
- Athelstan said The factual errors were jarring. The use of girl s...
- Athelstan said I was under the impression priests didn’t need the...
- Traductora said Good take on some unusual points. One of the thing...
- frjim4321 said Girls can’t serve because they do a better j...
- ies0716 said I commented on the original article at CBS Local a...
- gloriamary said Well, this coming from a dried up grandmother who...
- The Masked Chicken said What is it with the cannibalistic turn on this blo...
- pseudomodo said I am releasing a roasted chicken into my mouthR...
- Sonshine135 said Good for Fr. Illo. How many times are actions cont...
- mburn16 said Of course it is well within the right to select ma...
- Henry Edwards said “Fr. Illo, in the TV report I viewed, said a...
- Uxixu said The factual errors were jarring. The use of girl...
- HighMass said Its About TIME! Hurray For Archb. Cordlileone!!!!!...
- majuscule said Star of the Sea has had Extraordinary Form Masses...
- Fatherof7 said I think the most telling part is this quote: “I th...
- benedictgal said Maybe we should send some monetary support to the...
- cdet1997 said Good lord. That news story is flush with disdain a...
- ghp95134 said I live just south of San Francisco and heard this...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Of Cardinals and Canaries
- Life with Capuchins? Take me back to jail!
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- San Francisco parish takes step in right direction. Sky falls on pastor’s head.
- Washington DC attacks religious freedom of Catholic schools
- Card. Burke’s sermon on marriage
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
- Happy Name Day, Card. Burke!
- WASH DC – DAY 1: March and Pontifical Mass
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: diaconate
Our very own “acardnal”, frequent commentator, assisted today at the Solemn Holy Mass celebrated by the undersigned at Holy Redeemer in downtown Madison. He took some photos and has graciously shared them.
This was the first time that one of the … Continue reading
From a reader
Must the Exultet be sung by a cleric?
Short and simple.
The short answer is: It ought to be.
In the Novus Ordo I believe it is permitted for a non-cleric to sing the Exsultet. I guess that option looks more … Continue reading
From a reader:
Over Mother’s Day weekend I attended mass at a church I do not usually attend. I noticed their bulletin listed a “Deaconite Couple.” Is that allowed? Women aren’t allowed to be deacons are they? This church is very … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am a Candidate for Holy Orders as I prepare for ordination to the diaconate in 2015. We are being told that as deacons we are ministers of the Cup. For our formators this means when there are … Continue reading
NB: The Deacon in question posted a comment, below. Be sure to check it out.
The Fishwrap is having a little nutty these days about the ordination of women.
First, there is an editorial openly declaring that women should be ordained as … Continue reading
The Canonical Defender, Dr. Ed Peters, has on his fine blog about canon law again drilled into an aspect of the question of women deacons.
Further re female ordination to diaconate
by Dr. Edward Peters
I saw the recent comments here and here … Continue reading
His Excellency Most. Rev. Alex Sample, Bishop of Marquette – a fine man and priest I have known for many years – issued a letter about deacons.
There is some CNA coverage:
Marquette, Mich., Jun 21, 2011 / 05:54 am (CNA).- … Continue reading
It seems these days that I am writing fairly often about matters concerning deacons.
I was alerted to a post on the blog of the learnéd Anglican Fr. Hunwicke‘s site.
My emphases and comments:
I recently heard a immensely depressing sermon … … Continue reading
From a reader:
What makes a Deacon an “ordinary” minister of the Eucharist?
Is it simply that he is ordained? I tried to ask our local Deacon, and
was expecting a more theological treatment, but maybe I was expecting too much. I wanted … Continue reading
I have had a number of questions from permanent deacons about the use of clerical dress, either in a liturgical setting or as street clothing.
After consulting a trustworthy canonist, I will respond to them all here.
In 2009, the USCCB (the … Continue reading