HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- teomatteo: Maybe the Superior General is gunning to be the Vatican 217;s official ‘sym bologist 8217;.
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I guess, if the devil is a symbol of evil, then God must just be the symbol of good.
- Father G: There is film footage of the incorrupt body of Saint Charbel Makhl?f being removed from his coffin when the tomb was opened in 1950. His body is almost skeletal and there is no hair on...
- HighMass: And just think these items were used before Paul VI and Bugnini! Then they were tossed, thankfully they are being found and used again! Praise God!
- maternalView: So Jesus was tempted in the desert by a symbol, a way of acting evil or the evil present in human life???
- Julian Barkin: One more thing to add: eBay is a treasure trove for EF liturgical items. While quality varies, “gems” can be sought out for personal purchase from numerous sellers. I’ve found a few...
- Julian Barkin: Hello Fr and readers. Long time reader here, and i’v exhumed in from time to time. For this person’s queries, perhaps my serving blog can be of assistance . My blog is Servimus Unum...
- Amerikaner: What would it take for good Jesuits to break and create a reformed branch of the Jesuits?
- Simon_GNR: As regards the wording used, my experience on being received into full communion with the Church was similar to Mariana2 8217;s. I would have liked to make the Tridentine Confession of...
- teomatteo: Timely post for me. A communion rail cloth? Necessary. Where to get one? Custom needed i would think.
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father! All I did was say ‘I believe and profess all that the holy Catholic Church believes, teaches, and proclaims to be revealed by God’ , and was immediatel y...
- robtbrown: Tony O, You quoted someone else, assuming it was me. It was not. An easy way to understand the question is that ChristR 17;s Life and Death (re-presen ted in the Eucharist) is the...
- Pius Admirabilis: There are incorrupt bodies of people who were not Saints, and never even were baptized. One famous example is the Prince Bishop Dietrich (Theodor) von Fürstenber g, Bishop and...
- maternalView: @RLseven I’ve found better organizati ons than Catholic Relief Services to donate to. CRS is an arm of the USCCB getting millions from the government and supporting abortion and...
- Mike: My son told me that Newman specifical ly requested a certain type of moldy dirt be put into his grave so he could “unto dust return”. I’ll try to find the source of this claim as soon as he...
- Kerry: From G.E.M Anscombe, On Transubsta ntiation, https://ar chive.seco ndspring.c o.uk/artic les/anscom be.htm It is easiest to tell what transubsta ntiation is by saying this: little child...
- Semper Gumby: DN: That is why you should do your research, I provided you a starting point. Also, note the difference between straightfo rward and flippant. Cheers.
- Spinmamma: Thank you for this very informativ e post. I learned quite a lot from it, and was reminded I need to review The Catechism again.
- mo7: A goat rodeo? lol.
- Chonak: Where is the pastor getting his inspiratio n, the Dickeyvill e Grotto?
- -DN-: The Soviet request to do what? Bomb civilians? Your flippancy is counter-pr oductive.
- TonyO: Unless by “enthusias m for” he means “insuffici ently zealous opposition to”! Archlaic, good point: even the most energetic and “ent husiastic& #8221; US bishops who liked the old Mass...
- Suburbanbanshee: lgreen 515 — Adoration is not about feeling a connection to Christ (although one often does). It’s about having that connection by doing something for Him. “Wil l...
- Hugh9: There is a book available “The Incorrupti bles” ; by Joan Carroll Cruz which describes the phenomena of incorrupt bodies of Saints. YouTube has some videos of allegedly incorr...
- AndyMo: The altar is Christ, not an art project.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- 5th Glorious Mystery: The Coronation of Our Lady
- Instead of a syncretistic Synod (“walking together”) about the Amazon, here’s a better idea.
- The Devil Wears SJ. The Jesuit Superior General: The Devil is a symbol, not a person.
- “He would have fled forever, into the hell of exile from God. But the sight of the vestments overcame him.”
- 22 August: Mary’s Immaculate Heart and Queenship
- ASK FATHER: Getting necessary gear for the Traditional Latin Mass
- PODCAzT 175: Traditional Profession of Faith of Converts
- ASK FATHER: Incorrupt bodies of saints
- ASK FATHER: How to explain the Eucharist to a Jesuit ( @ThomasReeseSJ )?
- ASK FATHER: Bring pebbles to church so we can make a new altar
- 20 August: St. Samuel, Old Testament prophet
- Jesuit Thomas Reese against Transubstantiation. Wherein Fr. Z responds.
- “LaCI and Beans” back at it again! Attack US Bishops for their enthusiastic implementation of law
- PODCAzT 174 and PRAYERCAzT: The Latin of the Traditional Rite of Baptism of a Child
- Your Good News
- Monday Morning Brain Jumpstart: some good reading
- “My sons playing Mass ‘against pagans’.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Our attitude at the altar
- That tragic Portland parish, the mistreatment of the priest. Fr. Z’s solution: “Let’s make a deal!”
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
- Adventures in “gay” ad blocking
- Lighter Fare For Friday
- ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
- The latest podcast on the upcoming Synod from Damian, Unbound. “@HolySmoke” is right!
- ASK FATHER: Why didn’t Benedict XVI say the #TLM? How can we get one? What does the future look like?
- @JamesMartinSJ praises preaching by a religious sister. Let’s consider what he praised!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: diaconate
I am reminded of years in the past when I would sometimes be challenged again and again for decisions I had made. I eventually would say, “I have two answers. There’s a short answer and a long answer.” “What’s the … Continue reading
At LifeSite there is a story related to the final report of the study commission set up by Francis to look into the historical issues of female deacons, deaconesses, deaconettes, whatever. It was not the job of the commission to … Continue reading
A CNA piece at the Catholic Herald looks into women deacons, deaconettes, whatever. Yesterday, I posted about a brilliant piece at Touchstone which shows, incontrovertibly, that the reasoning behind support for ordination of women (to any grade of order) is the same … Continue reading
From Fishwrap comes news that will have their readers weeping into their chai lattes and Cosmos. You might recall that I have said that the deaconette study commission (which Pope Francis set up to look at historical issues) would not make … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Father, I know priests are allowed to vest for Mass (chasuble, stole, etc.) together and concelebrate. It’s not a good thing, but it makes theological sense because many priests can consecrate one host as St. Thomas … Continue reading
In once wonderfully Catholic Austria, the silly season is in swing. The new bishop of Innsbruck, Most Rev. Hermann Glettler, said that he supports the ordination of women to the diaconate (which is impossible) and Holy Communion for the divorce … Continue reading
From a reader… My pastor and several bishops have urged me to enter the diocesan permanent diaconate program. I will be beginning my studies in Sacred Theology this September. But I am having second thoughts, mainly because I have been … Continue reading
In my email a Communiqué of the Holy See Press Office Today, November 25, 2016, the first meeting of the Study Commission on the Diaconate of Women took place. This commission was established by the Holy Father on August 2 … Continue reading
At the fine Crisis there is a good analysis piece which looks into what the pro-women’s ordination crowd do to push their agenda: dialogue. I think we’ve all seen how this works: libs demand something – authority says “No” – they … Continue reading
I’ve been looking around for information on the members of the newly appointed Commission that will study the question of deaconettes. I found an interview with the German theologian Karl-Heinz Menke at Die Welt. HERE It doesn’t have an auspicious … Continue reading
Get to it! ___ ORIGINAL Published on: Oct 16, 2015 @ 09:15 I have an ACTION ITEM for you. Perhaps other bloggers, in a spirit of collaboration, will pick this up. You might consider going over to CRUX – again, in … Continue reading
Every once in a while you will encounter the bizarre practice of listing the names of wives of permanent (and married) deacons together with the names of their clerical husbands. You might also see the wives troop into a church in … Continue reading
From a permanent deacon… QUAERITUR: Can a married Deacon use a fascia with his cassock, considering that it symbolises chastity? If it symbolizes chastity, most certainly then, a married deacon can wear it, since he should be living a life … Continue reading
Our very own “acardnal”, frequent commentator, assisted today at the Solemn Holy Mass celebrated by the undersigned at Holy Redeemer in downtown Madison. He took some photos and has graciously shared them. This was the first time that one of … Continue reading