Search Fr. Z’s Blog
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Charivari Rob: I’ll stretch the “Vic tory” ; reference in a different direction and suggest a Churchill Martini. Sir Winston “lov ed Plymouth gin but he was not a fan of...
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z for these travel logs, and well done to The Great Roman. As for pasta for dessert that must be Romanitas on full parade. My guess is that pepperoni oatmeal and a...
- philosophicallyfrank: There are no “ind igenous 221; people anywhere in the world and hasn’ ;t been since the Biblical “Gre at Flood̶ 1;. It is a term used now-a-day to...
- Johann: Father, I donated $20. I would have donated more but the exchange rate of the South African Rand and US Dollar is pretty dismal. I’m sorry.
- UncleBlobb: Thank you, Father Z., for sharing so much of your days in Rome. It’s wonderful.
- JonathanTX: Father, you may have explained this before, but when is the Ave Maria bell rung traditiona lly? Is it an astronomic al calculatio n based on the sun?
- FrAnt: Is it possible that the smoke of Satan has entered your washer? You know his smoke is everywhere in Rome these days.
- FrAnt: I will be in Rome next week, can I drop a donation at the church? Is there a box for the baptismal font?
- jjbulano: Unfortunat ely, the beautiful fresh fish reminded me of one of the early music videos – Fish Heads. Now it is stuck in my head.
- APX: The urn looks more like a 16th century chamber pot that was kept behind the curtain of dining rooms. Food for thought.
- Kathleen10: Sabotage! Well, I don’ t know but the timing is odd. Boy that pace of the Rosary would really keep you on your toes. And I love the masculine voices. The church needs more men to...
- mo7: Carbona makes several stain removers each for specific types of stains, they come in small yellow triangle shaped bottles. The ink and pencil stain remover works exceptiona lly well. [Back...
- mysticalrose: Soak the ink in milk, then wash. Alternatel y, rubbing alcohol or ammonia poured into the stain also works.
- MitisVis: Father, Again, I thank you for the guided tour of events. I see you are rubbing elbows with the best people. But I’m curious if it’s possible for you to visit our Pope emeri...
- APX: If you run into stubborn ink stains, brake cleaner takes them out. It also works to clean the ink out of the machine so it doesn’t transfer to other clothes.
- JonPatrick: One thing that helps me get through this craziness is reading Cardinal Sarah̵ 7;s book “The day is now far spent̶ 1; and his emphasis on how we have to change the Church...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I am close to finishing the Bp. Schneider book. It is probably the most edifying work from a Churchman I have seen in a long time.
- mo7: How does an Italian dish get named pajata with a ‘j 8217;? Shouldnt be ‘gi& #8217;, pagiata? [It’ s Roman.]
- ususantiquior: From the USCCB Website *** Start quote *** […] Complement ary Norm: The National Conference of Catholic Bishops, in accord with the prescripti ons of canon 284, hereby decrees...
- KatieL56: I’m so glad you’ re feeling a litter better, Father. Certainly having decent food must help, and also seeing so much beauty (and not so much wreckovati on). I was feeling a...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: Father I need to come with you on one of these trips to Rome. I’ll write you some “jus t in case” ; prescripti ons to fill so you can be top notch in...
- Zephyrinus: BUT, BUT, BUT, FATHER. YOU WERE WEARING A . . . A . . . A . . . CASSOCK !!! YOU MUST HATE VATICAN II.
- Laurelmarycecilia: Dunno̷ 0;.I’ ;m as old as dirt… ;. but, I always wear my wedding ring – it’s a sign of my vocation; during wartime military wear uniforms in public...
- Kenneth Wolfe: Imagine Mother Teresa running to the grocery store in civilian wear? There is never a reason for a priest to be in public without a Roman collar.
- Matthew: There is a Greek Orthodox church in my city and I occasional ly see their priests out and about in cassocks (or whatever the Greek Orthodox use as a cassock). I sat next to their Bishop on...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ACTION ITEM! Baptismal Font for Rome’s Traditional Parish – UPDATE
- ROME DAY 11: Butchers, Roman Rosary, and an Odd Dessert
- ROME DAY 10: Conference, Requiem and Guts
- ASK FATHER: When could priests wear casual attire?
- ROME DAY 9: Campo, Clams and a Canonization Sonnet
- ASK FATHER: How to protest, perhaps in Rome?
- ASK FATHER: Cocktail advice for Our Lady of Victory
- ROME DAY 8: Bridges, Inscriptions, Cheeses
- Mass for Benefactors ,11 Oct, and Requiem
- “Supertradmum” (Marie Dean): R.I.P.
- ROME DAY 7: Weird Amazon Stuff, Death and a Spatula
- The Holy See: Goat Rodeo
- #AmazonSynod, optional celibacy, divorced and remarried priests, and Amoris Laetitia
- ROME DAY 6: Twisty Tower, Tuna, and “Tini”
- “Amazon rite” proposed at Amazon Synod: more condescension to follow
- A priest opines on the effect of optional priestly celibacy
- Amazon Synod and deaconettes?
- ROME DAY 5: Marks, Medieval Lions, and Mussolini Trees
- #AmazonSynod -1st attack on the Priesthood: The Cassock
- INDULGENCE 1st Sunday of October – Supplication to O.L. of Pompeii
- ROME DAY 4: Carbonara, Caravaggio, altar idiocy
- ROME DAY 3: The Bones of Borgia Popes
- Freemasonic, Gnostic, Satanic influences, tactics
- ASK FATHER: How to “activate” or “invoke” the Sacrament of Confirmation?
- Mere days after meeting with Jesuit homosexualist, Francis witnesses pagan ceremony in garden
- ACTION ITEM! Fr. Z calls for prayer, fasting in defense of the Church
- UPDATE – BOOK LENGTH INTERVIEW with Bp. Athanasius Schneider
- ASK FATHER: How should good Catholics deal with homosexuals?
- ROME DAY 2: Greens and greens
- ASK FATHER: Do Popes need permission to consecrate bishops?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: dissent
The war on the teaching of Humanae vitae continued today with an offering at ultra-liberal Commonweal by Massimo “Beans” Faggioli. Beans spends a lot of time on Twitter throwing out one inflammatory tweet after another as click bait. Faggioli takes … Continue reading
I am sure that by now you have heard about how the anti-Catholic Clinton campaign’s anti-Catholic manager John Podesta helped foment dissent in the Church and revolt by establishing anti-Catholic, catholic organizations. HERE Undermine the Church as a moral force, push … Continue reading
First, here is a link to something that I posted some time ago: HERE Once again the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) is stumping in favor of the ordination of women to the priesthood. This is what the Fishwrap does: they dissent from the Church’s … Continue reading
On the heels of my post earlier today about bad Catholics, on the one hand, and the oblivious who drift (or dash) into some amorphous new “religion”, on the other, I note that Fr. Robert Sirico of Acton Institute has … Continue reading
Harvesting Conciliar “fruits”: half of adults polled think Harry Potter and Hunger Games could be Biblical
It often seems that, these days, the odds are never in our favor. I take time out from my furious conference preparation (on art coming up in Detroit) to present something that only confirms the great fruits of Vatican II and the … Continue reading
A little while ago, a priest of the Diocese of Brentwood (UK), Fr. Michael Butler – director of the diocesan commission for liturgy, sent a letter to the priests of that diocese, and to the über-liberal, dissident weekly publication The … Continue reading
At Homiletic and Pastoral Review there is a good article by Fr. Regis Scanlon, OFMCap. Let’s see the first part, with my emphases: Fifty years after the opening of the Second Vatican Council, the Church in the United States is … Continue reading
From theage.com.au. Note in the second paragraph of the story that, at this blasphemous and sacrilegious “Mass”, the dissidents gave the Eucharist to a dog. Let’s not be speciesist, after all. This is where dissent leads. Note that this priest … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!My friend Fr. Ray Blake, reknowned p.p. of Brighton, has on his blog an interesting entry about “the Good Shepherd”. Be sure to visit his great blog. I remember hearing about a school inspector telling … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate have published part of something from Messa in latino, speculation about the “Doctrinal Preamble” offered by the CDF to the SSPX during their meeting of 14 September, last. I wrote about that here. The speculation rises … Continue reading
Fishwrap has a wrap-up, in their own paper, if you get my drift, of the American catholic “Council” held in Detroit over the weekend. The Fishwrap wrap-up is by nun-other than Sr. Maureen Fiedler. We seen her insights here and … Continue reading