Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- abasham: Others have pointed out the definition of “ori entalism 8221; that I think ol’ Beans is going for here, but I’ll add that a significan t part of this “ori ental...
- Semper Gumby: Thanks Fr. Z for the podcast. A masterpiec e of a speech. A tactical masterpiec e at Gettysburg was performed by Col. Joshua Chamberlai n and the 20th Maine at Little Round Top. Great...
- Fr. Thomas Kocik: I’ve often said that to denigrate ad orientem worship in the Western Church is not only to suggest that the Latins had been “doi ng it wrong̶ 1; all those centur...
- Fr. John: Great idea Father, some of us do not have “Arms” and I would love to research this more. Any suggestion s for resources? Zenit reported several years ago that the Vatican was going to...
- Robert_Caritas: Interestin gly, I heard that Golias, the French NCR, is staffed in large part by former priests and seminarian s. No one else I think would be interested in the ideologize d brand...
- Greg Hlatky: I suppose the OF Mass can be reverent and dignified. I’ve never been to one like that. My experience has been more “The Father Tom Show, with special guest Jesus Christ,...
- BrionyB: God bless Fr Marcus, and all the faithful young priests out there.
- JesusFreak84: So all of those sites are ticking off the right people. Got it.
- cwillia1: I think faggoli 217;s point is a little clearer if you replace ad-orienta lism with ad-oriente m-ism. His post is a cheap play on words but I don’ t see any insult to Eastern...
- Joe in Canada: I’m not a theologian . I belong to the Latin church and have worked in one of the Eastern Catholic churches, and have an advanced degree in Byzantine studies, and this makes no...
- Mario Bird: I can’ t see the name “Cor ky” without thinking of Waiting for Guffman. Perhaps, as a sign of walking together, a “Rem ains of the Day” lunchbox would set...
- LeeGilbert: When we first came out here to Portland in 2008 we discovered a Latin Mass parish, St. Birgitta’s , from which came many vocations to the priesthood and religious life. Based on this...
- crjs1: Orientalis m, according to Edward Said, is how Western scholarshi p and popular culture views and presents non-wester n society as inferior to the west, so legitimisi ng western interve...
- vetusta ecclesia: They are died-in-th e-wool Protestant s. Plenty of “ecclesial bodies” they can join!
- Unwilling: Agree with Dan re John xxiii. Can anyone point to the main cause or origin of the theologica l craziness and pastoral self-destr uction that (as far as I can tell) emerged and explo...
- SebastianHvD: I think he means that building your altar “ad orientem 8221; only makes sense in the western world, whereas the churches east of Jerusalem should actually build them to the...
- Benedict Joseph: “The y came home aflame …” You can say that again, and here we are today. Talk about the attempt to turn a swine̵ 7;s ear into a silk purse̷ 0;will no one rid...
- chantgirl: I wonder if these men are using the term clericalis m in the same vein that Francis and his cronies are. If so, are they blaming the sex abuse crisis on clericalis m in order to usher in...
- Gab: @BrionyB “My personal observatio ns are that (1) the most reverent OF Masses tend to be those said by priests who also say the EF;” That has been my experience also. One of the...
- frjimt: in the 35th anniv of my class: mount st mary’ ;s, emmitsburg , we count very few who’ ve left, 2 bishops (Dallas & Oklahoma city) & a great number of us shepher...
- Unwilling: Agree with Fr Charles that the allusion intended is to Said’ ;s Orientalis m. https://en .wikipedia .org/wiki/ Orientalis m_(book) Fundamenta l to Said’ ;s doctrine (which...
- JustaSinner: Silly me, I thought ‘arms’ were for Tactical Shotguns in appropriat e priestly colorsR 30; [That too.]
- Amerikaner: NCR always gives me good laugh̷ 0; like The Onion.
- Ben Kenobi: I actually quite liked Romeo + Juliet. Keeping the archaic language but drawing curious parallels between then and the modern day strikes me as a very ‘sha kespearean ’...
- BrionyB: I agree it may not be the EF per se that leads to the increase in vocations, but rather the greater reverence at Mass, and the fact that the priest and people are behaving as though they...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Beans v. the East – @MassimoFaggioli cheapshots Orientals
- The effect of the Extraordinary Form on vocations to the priesthood
- Dinosaur Media attack on Catholics who uphold Faith and Morals
- Truly pathetic musings at the Fishwrap about priesthood and those halcyon days of Vatican II
- 19 Nov 1863: The Gettysburg Address
- Christmas, Priests, Arms, and You
- Reliable Catholic and Pro-Life Causes
- “”Transphobia is a word created by fascists, and used by cowards, to manipulate morons”.
- ASK FATHER: My priest doesn’t carry the “emergency phone”
- Sweetheart Grips and Fortune’s Wheel
- ASK FATHER: Absolution from a heretical priest and then going to Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- To Prelates: “Don’t Pee on My Leg and Tell Me It’s Raining.”
- Pre-Post Thanksgiving, Pre-Post Christmas Shopping
- ASK FATHER: Could the Church make “communal services” the norm for the Sacrament of Penance?
- UPDATED BRICK BY BRICK in Florida! New Sunday TLM established.
- Latin-less Priests and Homeschoolers – UPDATED
- More Jesuit antics in that ‘caput malorum omnium’ the Church in Germany
- ASK FATHER: Could Latin be suppressed? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
- A solid “state of the question” VIDEO about The Present Crisis
- In how many ways is this creepy?
- HEADS WILL ROLL! A new “You won’t believe your eyes ugly” altar
- Why homosexualists hate Papa Ratzinger so much.
- My View For Awhile: Delayed Edition & Fr. Z’s Kitchen
- Solipsistic, self-aggrandizing @FatherRosica dares to vet Catholic news sources
- ASK FATHER: “I am doubting that the current Catholic Church is the Church it has always claimed to be”
- Strange Signs, the End Times and YOU
- A reader’s first impressions on attending the Extraordinary Form
- Horrifying Big Business Abortion Ad
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: dissent
The war on the teaching of Humanae vitae continued today with an offering at ultra-liberal Commonweal by Massimo “Beans” Faggioli. Beans spends a lot of time on Twitter throwing out one inflammatory tweet after another as click bait.
Faggioli takes his … Continue reading
I am sure that by now you have heard about how the anti-Catholic Clinton campaign’s anti-Catholic manager John Podesta helped foment dissent in the Church and revolt by establishing anti-Catholic, catholic organizations. HERE Undermine the Church as a … Continue reading
First, here is a link to something that I posted some time ago: HERE
Once again the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) is stumping in favor of the ordination of women to the priesthood. This is what the Fishwrap does: they dissent from the Church’s teaching … Continue reading
On the heels of my post earlier today about bad Catholics, on the one hand, and the oblivious who drift (or dash) into some amorphous new “religion”, on the other, I note that Fr. Robert Sirico of Acton Institute has … Continue reading
Harvesting Conciliar “fruits”: half of adults polled think Harry Potter and Hunger Games could be Biblical
It often seems that, these days, the odds are never in our favor.
I take time out from my furious conference preparation (on art coming up in Detroit) to present something that only confirms the great fruits of Vatican II and the magnificent … Continue reading
A little while ago, a priest of the Diocese of Brentwood (UK), Fr. Michael Butler – director of the diocesan commission for liturgy, sent a letter to the priests of that diocese, and to the über-liberal, dissident weekly publication The … Continue reading
At Homiletic and Pastoral Review there is a good article by Fr. Regis Scanlon, OFMCap. Let’s see the first part, with my emphases:
Fifty years after the opening of the Second Vatican Council, the Church in the United States is in … Continue reading
Note in the second paragraph of the story that, at this blasphemous and sacrilegious “Mass”, the dissidents gave the Eucharist to a dog.
Let’s not be speciesist, after all. This is where dissent leads.
Note that this priest has already had … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!My friend Fr. Ray Blake, reknowned p.p. of Brighton, has on his blog an interesting entry about “the Good Shepherd”. Be sure to visit his great blog.
I remember hearing about a school inspector telling a … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate have published part of something from Messa in latino, speculation about the “Doctrinal Preamble” offered by the CDF to the SSPX during their meeting of 14 September, last. I wrote about that here.
The speculation rises to … Continue reading
Fishwrap has a wrap-up, in their own paper, if you get my drift, of the American catholic “Council” held in Detroit over the weekend.
The Fishwrap wrap-up is by nun-other than Sr. Maureen Fiedler. We seen her insights here and here … Continue reading