Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- quomodocumque said Just remember this; when they eventually make Cath...
- Elizabeth D said But Mrs Heinzen says she heard nothing of the five...
- Magash said I’ve said it all along, until things are pus...
- Mary of Carmel said My jaw just dropped through the floor… Did a...
- Mary of Carmel said The problems that we are experiencing with this ri...
- Mary of Carmel said Marvelous article! A Mass for a dying spirit̵...
- Kathleen10 said Sorry, one last thing. It would be really helpful...
- Kathleen10 said ElizabethD, good point. There are of course other...
- Kathleen10 said “Kill the messenger.” To me it’...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Alas, MacArthur was not allowed to prosecute the K...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Speaking of Mars and “the magnificence of wh...
- Elizabeth D said After meeting Alice Heinzen, a laywoman who with h...
- Mike said Long-Skirts’ paean brings to mind this bit o...
- Kathleen10 said Well done long-skirts! And yes, Amen to this.
- Mike said Let us pray to St. Pius X on this his feast day to...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear Vincent, “The price of returning to Rom...
- mcgarveya said The Spirit of Vatican II, the only thing keeping 1...
- Long-Skirts said AMEN!!!! DISCO DECAYED Disco-decayed They cancelle...
- mcgarveya said Can’t wait to buy all three books that Ignat...
- robtbrown said I’m fine with this. Why should the Feds ju...
- Scott W. said I recall hearing at least one comment about how Ca...
- jfk03 said The requiem is premature. I know several parishes...
- jaykay said The Solemn High Requiem may well have been held,...
- markomalley said @adjensen Paul Harvey has played this commentary a...
- Nicolas Bellord said In May there was the Shadow Synod when the KasperK...
- Andreas said …and as a recently retired Navy officer, I c...
- Andreas said Yes, this was an incredible achievement where all...
- Grateful to be Catholic said TAC needs to talk to their lawyer, and FAST, about...
- excalibur said Well, it is nice. But if the SSPX is eventually &...
- organistjason said Will the Bishop of Rome invite one of the Brightes...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- POPE FRANCIS FOR YEAR OF MERCY GRANTS THAT SSPX PRIESTS CAN VALIDLY ABSOLVE! (132)
- CAPTION CALL (51)
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then… (39)
- Ed Peters on the ‘sin’ of abortion, the ‘crime’ of abortion, and excommunication (32)
- Even For Fishwrap a new low (26)
- Church Music: sacred and… not so much (26)
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences (25)
- ASK FATHER: Prayers for a sick pet (24)
- Rename Washington DC while you’re at it! (24)
- Smoking Gun Book™ about last year’s chaotic Synod (23)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- OBITUARY: Spirit of Vatican II – RIP – 53 years of age
- How Spirit got there
- 70th Anniversary of end of WWII
- Smoking Gun Book™ about last year’s chaotic Synod
- From 1965: Paul Harvey’s “If I were the Devil”
- Thomas Aquinas College will not compromise
- Ed Peters on the ‘sin’ of abortion, the ‘crime’ of abortion, and excommunication
- POPE FRANCIS FOR YEAR OF MERCY GRANTS THAT SSPX PRIESTS CAN VALIDLY ABSOLVE!
- ACORN promotes the Black Lives Matter thing
- Rename Washington DC while you’re at it!
- ASK FATHER: Prayers for a sick pet
- Church Music: sacred and… not so much
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!” – Texas Deputy Murdered for being LEO
- CAPTION CALL
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Welcome Aboard New Registrants!
- Nuns On The Bus III: Another tired sequel of the Magisterium of Nuns
- My View For While: Domum
- WDTPRS – 22nd Ordinary Sunday: images of armies
- ACTION ITEM! Getting TLM things for a priest
- WDTPRS – 14th Sunday after Pentecost: healths, hands and the finger
- Confused about Pope Francis? You have company!
- He’s back! Fr. Byers returns from silence
- Diminishing Returns: Feast of the Beheading of John the Baptist
- Another good pre-Synod resource in defense of the family
- Even For Fishwrap a new low
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then…
- Huge petition askes Pope Francis for clarity about marriage
- How St. Augustine came to be in Hippo
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: DNC
Rev. Mr. Kandra, at his blog Deacon’s Bench, has an entry about His Excellency Most. Rev. Thomas Tobin, Bishop of Providence. Bp. Tobin has announced a switch of his political party. He has left the Democrats and has registered as … Continue reading
In The Catholic Times, the newspaper of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois with my emphases and comments: Think and pray about your vote in upcoming election by Bishop Thomas John Paprocki My dear brothers and sisters in Christ: Much … Continue reading
Democrats reject gift baskets, welcome letters from Christian groups in Charlotte because of their values
Gee whiz. Maybe Pres. Obama can jump in and change their minds on this one, too! From FNC: DNC Rejects Christian Gift Baskets Todd Starnes The Democratic National Committee banned dozens of Charlotte churches from distributing gift baskets to delegates … Continue reading
Obama first approved ejecting God and Jerusalem from the party platform, and, after heat, got it changed later
The Catholic League has an interesting take on the Democrat Convention (DNC) and the reinsertion of God and Jerusalem into the party platform, and some information I didn’t know when I wrote about the topic HERE. Goat rodeo. THE POLITICS … Continue reading
From The Weekly Standard I learned that the Democrats, as the meet in their convention and as they rewrite the (savagely pro-tax-paid abortion on-demand) platform, have removed the word “God” from their working text. 2008 Platform: “We need a government that … Continue reading
From The Catholic League: Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on a Democratic National Convention (DNC) event hosted by Catholics for Choice (CFC): If the Ku Klux Klan were hosting a panel discussion on racial relations at the Republican National … Continue reading
I offer the following not because I would rather see the corpse of Millard Fillmore defeat Pres. Obama in the 2012 election, but because it is pretty funny. It could just be a gag, however. It doesn’t schedule praise for … Continue reading
Phil Lawler at CWN has some thoughts about the Card. Dolan’s upcoming appearance at the Dems’ Abortion Convention. He doesn’t so much consider whether Dolan should have offered to go or whether he should have accepted, but rather whether the DNC … Continue reading
Life News says: Obama Rejects Catholic Leader for Democratic Convention Prayer by Steven Ertelt | Timothy Cardinal Dolan will deliver the benediction at the Republican Party convention but, in a slight to Catholics, pro-abortion President Barack Obama rejected Cardinal Dolan’s … Continue reading