Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- frjim4321 said Might want to check your definitions: there’s noth...
- OrthodoxChick said BLB Oregon, “It would not be right to wish t...
- Blaise said We had twelve men. But bizzarely one of them was w...
- everett said Perhaps this is a portent of things to come, of fi...
- BLB Oregon said The headline sum it up very well: “Nancy Pel...
- everett said At our small parish in the Diocese of Santa Rosa,...
- James Mary Evans said For the first time in 11 years of our family atten...
- bernadette said Here in the archdiocese of Los Angeles, at Ss. Pet...
- excalibur said Well…… pope Pelosi at work. I had post...
- Father Ignotus said I tried to encode the link in the words “on...
- Charles E Flynn said The is the most profound and scholarly analysis I...
- Father Ignotus said I concelebrated at St James, Spanish Place in Lond...
- AnAmericanMother said Well, I thought this was the Episcopal church with...
- Charles E Flynn said Short Meditations on the Stations of the Cross, by...
- Facta Non Verba said Well done. Thank you Father.
- avatquevale said Meanwhile, in San Francisco… Pelosi plays po...
- LeeF said @suburbanbanshee who said: “As Father Z has...
- boxerpaws1952 said “While I wish they’d just change the rite in...
- HyacinthClare said Mater Misericordiae Mission in Phoenix, FSSP, Extr...
- The Astronomer said Nancy Pelosi, well-known true believing (c)atholic...
- DFWShook said I don’t understand this relentless rebellion...
- Jeannie_C said Prayerful, reverent NO Mass. Priest and Deacon ren...
- Amerikaner said Thank goodness I live within a good diocese. All...
- msmsem said We had a mix of men and women, elderly and young....
- excalibur said Then there was pope Pelosi at work. Egads! http://...
- Dennis Martin said The comments, most but not all of which I have rea...
- my soul waits for you alone said NO Mass at my home parish. Couldn’t make the...
- BLB Oregon said By “everyone being invited”, I meant t...
- Precentrix said I said “only females” because statisti...
- Charlotte Allen said At St. Dominic’s in Southwest Washington we...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
- Your Palm Sunday notes
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: DOMA
More ALCU hijinx, from the site of site of KPEL radio:
ACLU Of Louisiana Voices Opposition To Potential Lafayette Flags Ordinance
LAFAYETTE, La. (KPEL) — The executive director of Louisiana’s chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union is cautioning against a proposed … Continue reading
I saw this juxtaposition of quotes about the Supreme Court’s DOMA decision at Pundit and Pundette:
Pres. Barack Obama:
On an issue as sensitive as this, knowing that Americans hold a wide range of views based on deeply held beliefs, maintaining … Continue reading
Today real marriage and true sexual identity was dealt a blow by one of the most dangerous institutions on the planet, the Supreme Court of these United States of America.
What was the reaction of “The First Gay President”?
Obama: I won’t … Continue reading
Dreadful news from the Supreme Court:
Supreme Court strikes down Defense of Marriage Act provision
The Supreme Court has struck down a federal provision denying benefits to legally married gay couples.
The 5-4 decision found the Defense of Marriage Act unconstitutional.
“The federal statute … Continue reading
A blatteroon at the Strib, the ultra-liberal newspaper of my native place, Minneapolis, had a nutty about the Knights of Columbus contribution money in support of the Minnesota Marriage Amendment. How dare they! How dare those outsiders get involved in … Continue reading
BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE – MINNESOTANS – GET OUT THE VOTE!
The campaign in favor of the Minnesota Marriage Amendment is heating up.
Today there was a TV ad released:
There will consequences of this amendment does not pass and the homosexual marriage things … Continue reading
Minnesota is ground-zero for defense of true marriage this year.
I predicted that as election day in November 2012 drew nearer, the battle over the defense-of-marriage amendment in Minnesota would get as weird as the legislative battle last year in Madison, … Continue reading
On all sides we hear from those who want to condone same-sex relationships as “marriage” that denial of marriage to same-sex couples is like denial of restaurant service to blacks in 1950′s Alabama.
Do not be suckered into accepting that premise.
Same-sex … Continue reading
I wanted to add a follow up to this: MINNESOTA READERS – WDTPRS POLL
For November 2012 there is on the ballot in Minnesota an amendment to the state constitution which would define marriage as being between one man and one woman.
Minnesota … Continue reading
Everyone should know what the Obama Administration is doing to Catholics this time.
I received my most recent copy of the magazine/bulletin of the Archdiocese for Military Services called Salute (that link will bring up a pdf of the article I am going … Continue reading