- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- JonPatrick said I think this focus on the “Francis Effect...
- Saint1106 said Most are missing the point. Pope Francis is a Per...
- JonPatrick said I love the Advent at Ephesus CD. I got it last yea...
- Fr. Hamilton said It’s not entirely clear to me if the reader...
- ray from mn said Until I fully assimilate the word “incarnate...
- Joe of St Thérèse said It should be brought back, when I do attend Mass i...
- Facta Non Verba said Thank you Father.
- Rachel K said Thankyou Fr for another lovely moment of reflectio...
- apward said Listening to the ones posted on the blog.
- Charivari Rob said “I haven’t been able to watch the video so I...
- Priam1184 said If the world had listened to Leo XIII in 1891 the...
- excalibur said Listening to them through iTunes on my old Powerbo...
- AnimatedCatholic said Also, I would like to apologize to you father. for...
- MangiaMamma said Well, the prayers are working here in Salem, Orego...
- SophiaGrace said Thank you, Father, for your prayers and thank you...
- AnimatedCatholic said my opinion is exactly the same as ChrisRawlings.
- Nan said @ASPMsem, I’ll pray for your latin studies t...
- Elizium23 said Father, with all due respect. It’s a Compact...
- Bea said For the record: Joel (before judgement/nowadays wh...
- Bea said I listened. Thank you Father Z. Ah, Thomas Kempis,...
- CatholicByChoice said Thank you for this post, it was very helpful to me...
- NickD said 30 first Masses in 33 years…what glory is given to...
- GOR said I had been looking for an ‘industrial strength’ Ro...
- NickD said To answer Father’s request for better Latin,...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Elizabeth, church violence could be even more rare...
- anna 6 said I do hope that Pope Francis is having a positive e...
- AnAmericanMother said Thank you. Glad to be able to listen to these agai...
- Therese said Coren is very, very good. (Amen!)
- Lin said Thank you Father! Your podcasts are very much app...
- AnAmericanMother said Elizabeth, Fires in the home are relatively rare,...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Rosetta Stone 50% just for a few more hours
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: DOMA
More ALCU hijinx, from the site of site of KPEL radio:
ACLU Of Louisiana Voices Opposition To Potential Lafayette Flags Ordinance
LAFAYETTE, La. (KPEL) — The executive director of Louisiana’s chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union is cautioning against a proposed … Continue reading
I saw this juxtaposition of quotes about the Supreme Court’s DOMA decision at Pundit and Pundette:
Pres. Barack Obama:
On an issue as sensitive as this, knowing that Americans hold a wide range of views based on deeply held beliefs, maintaining … Continue reading
Today real marriage and true sexual identity was dealt a blow by one of the most dangerous institutions on the planet, the Supreme Court of these United States of America.
What was the reaction of “The First Gay President”?
Obama: I won’t … Continue reading
Dreadful news from the Supreme Court:
Supreme Court strikes down Defense of Marriage Act provision
The Supreme Court has struck down a federal provision denying benefits to legally married gay couples.
The 5-4 decision found the Defense of Marriage Act unconstitutional.
“The federal statute … Continue reading
A blatteroon at the Strib, the ultra-liberal newspaper of my native place, Minneapolis, had a nutty about the Knights of Columbus contribution money in support of the Minnesota Marriage Amendment. How dare they! How dare those outsiders get involved in … Continue reading
BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE – MINNESOTANS – GET OUT THE VOTE!
The campaign in favor of the Minnesota Marriage Amendment is heating up.
Today there was a TV ad released:
There will consequences of this amendment does not pass and the homosexual marriage things … Continue reading
Minnesota is ground-zero for defense of true marriage this year.
I predicted that as election day in November 2012 drew nearer, the battle over the defense-of-marriage amendment in Minnesota would get as weird as the legislative battle last year in Madison, … Continue reading
On all sides we hear from those who want to condone same-sex relationships as “marriage” that denial of marriage to same-sex couples is like denial of restaurant service to blacks in 1950′s Alabama.
Do not be suckered into accepting that premise.
Same-sex … Continue reading
I wanted to add a follow up to this: MINNESOTA READERS – WDTPRS POLL
For November 2012 there is on the ballot in Minnesota an amendment to the state constitution which would define marriage as being between one man and one woman.
Minnesota … Continue reading
Everyone should know what the Obama Administration is doing to Catholics this time.
I received my most recent copy of the magazine/bulletin of the Archdiocese for Military Services called Salute (that link will bring up a pdf of the article I am going … Continue reading