- Fr. Z - KC9ZJN - OFF
QRV on 00m 0.000
- "If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus
ep. 131 - AD 382
When you shop online…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- WGS said Musicam Sacram (5 March 1967) II The singing of...
- excalibur said Gracie, you need to block those cookies. Depends...
- Gregorius said Lovely place, that seminary. You can just feel the...
- Father P said This reminds me of a question a classmate asked in...
- pelerin said Having been prompted to search again on the Lourde...
- Wryman said I was in a mass where a Host fell from the altar i...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Great minds. Just got a question on this a couple...
- pelerin said The ‘if by a miracle’ has reminded me...
- gracie said Coincidentally, there is an article via ‘New...
- Prayerful said Does Fr Z consider to be good Latin?
- steve51b31 said While assisting at Holy Mass, we had the large hos...
- frjim4321 said “Also, this underscores the importance of th...
- juergensen said God bless Cardinal Erdo for standing up to the her...
- Clemens Romanus said Should have kept this in the Missal of Paul VI. Gr...
- Elizabeth D said wow, that’s pretty nice, well-known priest v...
- Richard S. said There’s always (at least) two sides to every...
- Latinmass1983 said The Church of the Holy Innocents has been sanctify...
- Sonshine135 said When I am tempted to despair and begin thinking ab...
- DonL said I fear the outcome (as well as the unstated goal )...
- LarryW2LJ said Speaking of “Synod Fatigue” ….....
- FloridaJoan said Venerator: you beat me to it ! LOL
- Mike said I am delighted to be set straight with NoraLee9...
- eyeclinic said Our priest at the Catholic Medical Assoc. conferen...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thank you for the news and sample! As a fair Latin...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Fr. Z, What can you tell us about the apron (and i...
- Gregg the Obscure said “equating sexual orientation with sin is not...
- JimGB said Just as a follow up, I live in an area where some...
- JimGB said Excalibur, I think that you are correct on likely...
- NoraLee9 said Salutem omnibus! Father Z wrote: ” Isn’t the...
- rhhenry said I think we’re likely to see a statement / te...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Open Band Alert (180)
- Pope Francis meets with Kim Davis. The Left melts down. (94)
- CDF priest comes out of the closet and makes demands. He’s fired. (85)
- Pope Francis, Kim Davis meeting: development (51)
- Synod rule changes to be announced on Friday. Hold on to your socks. (38)
- A Feast of Angels (38)
- The Synod begins – a few notes (37)
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes (36)
- Nancy “The Theologian” Pelosi tears the throat out of a reporter asking about big-business abortion (29)
- ZUHLIO RETURNS! “Fifty Ways To Rig A Synod” (26)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- What to do if the Host disappears?
- Welcome Aboard New Registrants!
- NYC Day 2: Seminaries and Spaghetti
- ALERT! ‘Laudato si” now available in the Church’s official language
- The Synod begins – a few notes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami
- WDTPRS – 19th Sunday after Pentecost: “Why did God make you?”
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Saturday – CARDS!
- CDF priest comes out of the closet and makes demands. He’s fired.
- ZUHLIO RETURNS! “Fifty Ways To Rig A Synod”
- Horror in Oregon … and Glory? A reminder about your own soul and death.
- My View For Awhile: Hurricane Dodging Edition
- Pope Francis, Kim Davis meeting: development
- ACTION ITEM! Birettas for Seminarians Project: UPDATED
- Nancy “The Theologian” Pelosi tears the throat out of a reporter asking about big-business abortion
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- It’s as if Francis had met with the homophobic dictator Kim DaeVis
- FR. Z BLOG EXCLUSIVE! The return of…
- Bp. Olmsted (D. Phoenix) issues to men a tremendous call to battle!
- Pope Francis meets with Kim Davis. The Left melts down.
- ASK FATHER: If 50% of marriages are invalid, how do I know if my marriage is valid?
- A Roman Mystery: The Lost Tomb of St. Jerome
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Open Band Alert
- New sacred music disc recorded in the Sistine Chapel
- A Feast of Angels
- Off the cuff Francis on the family
- Your Good News
- Synod rule changes to be announced on Friday. Hold on to your socks.
- ACTION ITEM! It’s time to order your 2016 Ordo (St. John Cantius)
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: DOMA
Over at the young papist’s place, on Catholic Vote, Tom Peters is forming a list of US bishops who have responded to Pres. Obama’s blatant attack on the 1st Amendment and on religious liberty when while he openly refuses to … Continue reading
I enjoyed this story from CNA: Winners of 2012 Longest Married Couple contest announced San Bernardino, Calif., Feb 1, 2012 / 03:39 am (CNA).- The faith-based marriage enrichment program Worldwide Marriage Encounter has announced the 2012 state winners of its … Continue reading
A week or so ago I posted about Archbishop John Nienstedt’s (St. Paul and Minneapolis) initiative to promote a defense of true and natural marriage in an amendment to the State Constitution of Minnesota. His Excellency indicated to the priests … Continue reading
HuffPo‘s spittle-flecked nutty about Card. George of Chicago. His Eminence made an on-camera remark about the homosexual-activist movement possibly morphing into something like the KKK. Cardinal George: Chicago Gay Pride Parade, LGBT Movement Could ‘Morph Into Ku Klux Klan’ Cardinal … Continue reading
In my native place, Minnesota, the Catholic Bishops have banded together in a defense of true marriage against a redefinition of marriage to include something unnatural. Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. They are working together to support passage of … Continue reading
I was alerted to this on the site of the Minneapolis STrib. This is from the Minnesota Catholic Conference and it is worth your attention: Catholic leaders will not be silenced Article by: JASON ADKINS Updated: October 4, 2011 – … Continue reading
Irony. Margaret Sanger of Planned Parenthood addressed the KKK but the Obama Administration says that Catholics who defend marriage are like racists.
In another entry I posted about Archbp. Dolan’s letter to Pres. Obama warning him and his administration to back off from their project to equate those who defend true marriage with racists, as if the proponents of same-sex unions held … Continue reading
I found this to be pretty interesting. I urge you to read the whole thing. It is perhaps the best presentation of the issues I have seen in a brief form. Archbishop Timothy Dolan of New York City has sent, … Continue reading
Minnesota Catholic Conference and Archd. STP/MPLS says “Catholics For Marriage Equality MN” is NOT affiliated with Church
I direct now your attention to the website of the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis and their Office for Marriage and Family. The Archdiocese made this apparent on the front page of their website. As you may recall, His … Continue reading