Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- hilltop: There should be a badge that Father Z can wear and also display on his blog banner. A symbol indicating his exclusion from Rosica’s List. Hmmmm, oh, wait! I know: the Sign of the Cross!...
- MrsAnchor: As an aside from this article ..love the photograph depiction. . These days people knowingly CHOOSE the Blue Pill
- Midwest St. Michael: We can trust Fr. Rosica? The same man who told Michael Voris (while covering the first synod on the family a few years ago) that the Church no longer teaches the sin of forni...
- MrsAnchor: Well, the N.O. May find it useful perhaps the EMHCs can find this useful as to not spill Our Lord as so many often do… ..and what about Space travels ?! Haha.. But really anyth...
- Marine Mom: “ O my bags are packed I’ m ready to go…& #8230;. I’m leaving on a jet plane don’t know if I’ll be back again̷ 0;…. Peter, Paul and Mary or John Denver version
- SKAY: Thank you for your list FrAnt. Father Z’s blog is my safe haven when I am looking for truth and sanity. Thank you Father Z.
- iPadre: I believe “end of the world,R 21; no, “end of these times,R 21; yes. At least I hope some of the many prophecies , apparition s, etc… are true. That would mean that...
- semperficatholic: Hahahahaha ! Pathetic!
- jaykay: AtraDicend a: thanks for the Waugh quote – it really encapsulat es the major theme of the whole book. Still, the Flyte family demolish their palatial 18th century London mansi...
- oakdiocesegirl2: I live in Oakland, CA. Today is the fifth day since Paradise (CA) was incinerate d in a few hours and vanished from the face of the earth. A horrible haze has blanketed the Bay...
- jovan66102: Joe in Canada-At least two Bishops of Kansas City, in whose Diocese the offices of the National Catholic Fishwrap are located, have to my knowledged , ordered them to quit using the...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: I believe I am still blocked by him.
- John UK: @Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: 12 November 2018 at 7:10 PM Memento, tuum esse hodie: Deum glorificar e, Iesum imitari, beatissima m Virginem et Sanctos venerari, Angelos invocare, animam...
- richiedel: It’s important to keep in mind that this list is coming from the same man who is known for blocking anyone and everyone on Twitter who has views divergent from his own, even when...
- scotus: Given that Thomas Rosica is, according to Wikipedia, “English language media attaché of the Holy See Press Office”, is Thomas Rosica issuing this list to all English-sp eaking countries? If...
- ChrisP: Satan always let’ s you know what he’s up to! And yes, I think Rosica is almost perfectly possessed.
- Semper Gumby: Thank you to the reader for his first impression s. A helpful book is “Not hing Superfluou s” by Fr. James Jackson. It is a guide to the Extraordin ary Form, and also...
- Luminis: Is this a joke?? Does any faithful Catholic trust The National Catholic Reporter?? How could you not trust the Register?? I cant stop shaking my head over this. The Reporter needs to be...
- Thorfinn: It can be hard to catch people after any Mass, but particular ly Latin Mass. Some families stay after to pray like it’s going out of style. (Or maybe you do and by the time you...
- chantgirl: Dismas- Agreed about seminary prep. Before going to seminary, our young men need the religious version of SERE training! In all honesty, I don’ t think that our culture is all that...
- JabbaPapa: To suggest that these but not those should be hearkened to, the necessity of not listening to outright heretics withstandi ng of course, is pretty much the nature of anti-Catho licism as...
- LarryW2LJ: Holy Fishwrap!
- hwriggles4: I did see EWTN Nightly News last night. Three observatio ns: 1. Cardinal DiNardo seemed that he wanted to proceed with the planned agenda (same with several others – one bishop...
- WmHesch: The real goal of this talk of “approved websites” is SEO/ link building. It will NOT function as an imprimatur . For example, let’s say a story breaks that’s covered by everyone (e.g....
- hwriggles4: Honestly, I think my Protestant brothers and sisters would find this symbol to be ludicrous.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- My View For Awhile: Delayed Edition
- Solipsistic, self-aggrandizing @FatherRosica dares to vet Catholic news sources
- ASK FATHER: “I am doubting that the current Catholic Church is the Church it has always claimed to be”
- Strange Signs, the End Times and YOU
- A reader’s first impressions on attending the Extraordinary Form
- Horrifying Big Business Abortion Ad
- US Bishop begin 2018 November meeting: PRAY & FAST!
- Another really bad idea: Communion Pills
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATED
- Another group of women destroyed by the Vatican Congregation for Religious
- 100th Armistice Day, Veterans Day, Remembrance Day ACTION ITEM!
- @JamesMartinSJ shovels scandalous rubbish to justify sin
- WDTPRS – 32nd Ordinary Sunday: Our Identity and Extreme Ownership
- GERMANY: Catastrophic! USA next? @USCCB bishops meeting and YOU. ACTION ITEM!
- To US Bishops before their @USCCB meeting: Do not be afraid!
- Happy 243rd Birthday USMC!
- ASK FATHER: Some say Advent is not a penitential season.
- FEEDBACK: “I went to confession for the first time in nine years tonight.”
- Blog milestone: 90 Million
- ASK FATHER: If I am in the state of mortal sin, is there any point in praying?
- SCOTUS Justice RBG falls, breaks ribs, hospitalized
- “I had the image of a bishop sinking head downward…. sinking… sinking… clawing at the heavy miter on his head”
- MUST READ: The Papalatrous catholic Left and “Horizonal Schism”
- UPDATED: Holy See repression of a certain kind of bishop with a certain kind of message
- ASK FATHER: “Properly blessed” devotional objects
- Fr. Z muses: repression of Catholic speech and what we can do about it.
- Did an alien vessel just pass by? The mystery of Oumuamua.
- My While For Awhile: Election Day Edition
- JUST TOO COOL! Move to rename Hubble’s Law… for a priest
- Contrasts of projected visions of the Church
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Donald Trump
Pres. Trump issued a proclamation that Sunday 3 September should be a National Day of Prayer Texas and for the victims of Hurricane Harvey and the subsequent Rescue, Relief and Recovery effort.
BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
A … Continue reading
The New York Daily News informs us that …
[Fake] Witches of the world will cast a mass spell on President Trump on Friday night
The next four years could spell double, double, toil and trouble for President Trump.
[Fraudulent] Witches of the … Continue reading
Yesterday I watched the TV coverage of Pres. Trump’s massive rally in Florida. Apparently, lines were a mile long to attend.
My jaw nearly dropped when First Lady Melania Trump began with the Lord’s Prayer.
As this developed, “I thought I could … Continue reading
When I was at the creepy DEN airport yesterday – what’s with the enormous blue horse with the glowing demon-red death eyes? – trying to go home before DELTA (what else?) blew it, I saw a protest underway inside the creepy … Continue reading
Pres. Trump has made YHUGE moves against Big Business Abortion, especially Planned Parenthood. It’s gonna be beautiful. Believe me.
There is a “petition” you can sign to say “Thank you!” for cutting off tax payers’ dollar for Big Business Abortion, Planned … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Robert Sirico of ACTON INSTITUTE was one with Fox News’ Neil Cavuto for coverage of the Prayer Service the day after President Trump’s inauguration.
Fr. Sirico and ACTON INSTITUTE make lefty catholics such as those at the Fishwrap … Continue reading
I must admit that I get a little choked up at the last verse of the Battle Hymn of the Republic. Remembering also that Pres. Bush had the US Army Chorus sing this for ” target=”_blank”>Pope Benedict at the White … Continue reading
I was sent a link to an interesting take on the election. I’m not saying one way or another what I think about it, but it is engaging.
Is Trump the new Constantine?
The conservative Christian case for The Donald
Christians are … Continue reading
You might trot over to Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) and read the epitome of a spittle-flecked nutty.
Michael Sean Winters (aka Wile E. Coyote of contemporary liberal Catholicism) is unhinged on this first full day on which we called Donald Trump “President-Elect” and … Continue reading
I don’t think that the criminal candidate for the Part of Death has a video message for Catholics.
If she did have one, I would post it also.
I know that the GOP candidate has a video message for Catholics.
Since he does … Continue reading
PLEASE SHARE THE POLLS WIDELY!
A great deal hangs on the outcome of tonight’s presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton (boooooooo). I, for one, would vote for the corpse of Millard Fillmore to keep the later out of office … Continue reading
Once again, I would vote for the corpse of Millard Fillmore to keep the treacherous Hillary Clinton out of the White House.
By posting this, I am not thereby publicly endorsing a candidate. However, I find it interesting that the Trump campaign … Continue reading
I don’t watch late night TV. I am not publicly declaring myself for any particular candidate. I am not declaring myself publicly against any particular candidate… unless she is a pro-abortion Leftist who would continue to destroy our constitutional rights, stack the … Continue reading