Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Charles E Flynn: Bruno Lanteri
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
- LENTCAzT 2018 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: Anger and Reason
- JUST TOO COOL – Cops, ashes, and podcasts
- VIDEO Fr. Murray and Prof. Royal on some tough issues
- LENTCAzT 2018 04 – Ash Saturday: Getting ready for… it.
- Pontifical Requiem Mass for a great lover of the Church’s sacred liturgy
- LENTCAzT 2018 03 – Ash Friday: Grant me a little more time
- Role of #MSM in mass shootings: If it bleeds, it leads. Angry @fatherz asks fearful questions
- Wherein Fr. Z rants in the wake of the Florida school mass murder
- Friday after Ash Wednesday: Feast of the Crown of Thorns
- LENTCAzT 2018 02 – Ash Thursday: What you are I was, what I am you shall be.
- Your #AshWednesday Sermon Notes #ashtag – AUDIO Fr Z
- LENTCAzT 2018 01: Ash Wednesday – Unto dust thou shalt return.
- Fun with @OneMadMomBlog – BuzzFeed – Alt-Right and @SebGorka
- LENTCAzT 2018 00: Shrove Tuesday – Get out your armor, pilgrim’s shoes and cloaks
- Singing and confession – Just Too Cool!
- Writing to Fr. Z
- ASK FATHER: Why can lay people read at Mass?
- ASK FATHER: When should babies be baptized?
- OLYMPICS 2018 12 Feb: CURLING!
- Benedict XVI’s resignation 5 years on. Your thoughts.
- Carmelite Nuns seeking Priest Chaplain
- JUST TOO COOL! Wherein Fr. Z is AMAZED at … coincidences? I think not.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
GREAT causes to support
Please follow me on Twitter!
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Dr. Peters
I can’t resist this one from Dr. Peters:
Lighter fare: [thanks for the homage] can bad Latin save a papacy?
by Dr. Edward Peters
I got an odd one a few days ago (okay, I get lots of odd ones, but this one … Continue reading
“But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach a gospel to you besides that which we have preached to you, let him be anathema.”
First, pray for Thom Peters’ continued recovery.
The well-known canonist, Thom Peter’s father, has a great post at his place, In The Light Of The Law. My emphases and comments.
About ‘women’s ordination’, what if Gabriel appeared and said…
Except to offer a … Continue reading
Dr. Ed Peters, the Canonical Defender, has migrated his excellency canon law blog from Blogger to WordPress. Go check his new place out and spike his stats!
I posted about the Mercy Sister in Phoenix who approved a direct abortion at a Catholic hospital. The local Bishop, confirmed that she had incurred an automatic excommunication. Then a story emerged that she, Sr. McBride, had been reconciled. … Continue reading
What do these words have in common: cathedraticum, dicastery, juridic, quinquennial, Referendary, Signatura, and vindicative
The Canonical Defender, Prof. Peters, at his excellent blog In The Light Of The Law, has this fun post:
Taking Microsoft to canon law school
This has never happened to me.
I’m typing away on a canon law paper, just as I’ve … Continue reading
The Canonical Defender, Ed Peters, has another post about NY State Gov. Andrew Cuomo, aggressive promoter of contrary-to-nature unions. Cuomo is, he claims, catholic.
Dr. Peters doesn’t have an open combox on his excellent blog In The Light of the Law. … Continue reading
Last year I attended a Canon Law Conference at the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe near LaCrosse, WI hosted by now-Card. Burke. It was great!
Card. Burke is again hosting a conference this year! 9-10 August.
I received this from the … Continue reading
ORIGINAL: Published on: Feb 26, 2011
Dr. Ed Peters, canonist, may be able to add “indefatigable vivsectionist” to his CV if he keeps up this pace.
A few days ago, he exposed problems in a statement from the Diocese of Albany.
Yesterday, he … Continue reading