Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Click the image below (they took away our search box!). Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Kathleen10: I’m grateful to Tucker Carlson for discussing this. This is one of those issues I can hardly even talk about, it is so upsetting. Just another indicator of how insane our world is...
- maternalView: Another tip: Frequent confession actually makes it easier to go
- ChesterFrank: Alright I get it. This is the lunatic far-left interpreta tion of the Pope Francis legacy, and the Dictator Pope is the far-right version. I am not going to read either. If you find a...
- Emilio: I second maternalVi ew’s excellent suggestion above. We need to start stepping up. To counter the heterodox “Call to Action” conference s held in Detroit once upon a time, many ortho...
- maternalView: There̵ 7;s a certain group of men quite capable of being men but who have basically taken advantage of the idea of women working who now sit back and let their wives take on...
- Fr. Kelly: It is starting to come out that Sire is contesting his suspension as illegal: Speaking to the press, Sire said: “It would be relevant to point out that the proceeding against me...
- Benedict Joseph: Could there be a sounder endorsemen t for the accuracy of Henry Sire’ ;s reportage in “The Dictator Pope?̶ 1; With such a response it would appear that he has...
- Amante de los Manuales: Suspension ? No dialogue?
- tamranthor: I was blessed to have been put in charge of forming first penitents. One fine year, First Penance came along, and I lined up my little charges and marched them into the Church. One...
- Fr. Kelly: Curiouser and curiouser.
- Fr. Kelly: Such things are their own parody.
- Fr. Kelly: And we wondered why he might think he needed to use a penname ;-} But to see the once proud Sovereign Military Hospitalle r Order of Saint John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta...
- LeeGilbert: “20) …remember that priests must go to confession too … they know what we are going through. 8221; It is always very comforting and edifying to find a priest in the line for...
- Bob B.: Having gone through a decade of attending the REC (it was mandatory for Catholic school teachers), I’m not surprised by all the reaction most people have – I felt and feel the...
- Thorfinn: It would be a mistake to cede the fellowship ground to the guitar strummers and practition ers of “Chr istian karaoke 221; and Christian rock. These things appeal to certain...
- David: And what, pray tell, will be the consequenc es of their “inv estigation ”? Perpetual imprisonme nt in the Castel Sant’ ;Angelo? The Order of Malta also makes me think of a...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): The same people who fill holy water fonts with sand also talk about “fasting” from the Eucharist.
- Aquinas Gal: I read the book and found it interestin g and informativ e. It’s all based on facts. Certainly the author has his own point of view and others might draw different conclusion s...
- Carrie: Well said, chantgirl, though I hold a different view. But let’s say it’s both-and rather than either-or. It’s not the first time I’ve heard from Catholics, “It’s all well and good to care...
- Fr. Kelly: Or, As I have seen once, years ago, Stub out several cigarettes in the sand… ;.
- Ave Crux: Father Z: this raises a question that’ ;s been on my mind for some time. Churches in my area of the country in the Northeast regularly have Masses of Anointing saying that anyone who...
- iPadre: Skip the umbrella. A few cigarett butts might be fitting, with a little sign “No smoking. 8221; It looks like an ash tray to me.
- Semper Gumby: This is an above-aver age outburst from Michael Sean Winters. One wonders how many journeys between fainting couch and computer were made by MSW while hatching this amusing screed. No...
- benedetta: Compared to five years ago, as a general matter, things are greatly improved in the Diocese of Albany. I understand that there will once again be a class of confirmand s receiving the...
- cengime: You could also mention the text of James 5 (“is any among you sick? … the prayer of faith will save the sick… ;”), the Council of Florence in the Bull of Union with...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Levity, Severity, the Confessional and YOU!
- Tucker Carlson’s series on plight of men in America, disastrous consequences for society
- ASK FATHER: Effect of Sacrament of Anointing in someone in mortal sin
- Really Bad Idea: sand in holy water fonts during Lent
- Author of The Dictator Pope suspended from the Order of Malta
- LENTCAzT 2018 37 – Thursday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: “The Easter problem is not….”
- How bad was the Three Days of Darkness this year?
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Fishwrap’s Wile E. Coyote v. @DouthatNYT and his new book for Pope Francis’ 5th anniversary
- The Extraordinary Form “raises the bar”
- Lettergate produces a casualty: Msgr. Viganò. Well… not quite.
- LENTCAzT 2018 36 – Wednesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: It’s madness!
- ROME – 7 April – Conference: “Catholic Church, Where Are You Going?”
- UPDATE & ACTION ITEM for St. John Cantius in Chicago – @SJCantius
- “Not so fast!”, says the damned soul. “Amoris laetitia says,…”.
- LENTCAzT 2018 35 – Tuesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: “Have mercy on me, at least you, my friends!”
- UPDATE on ACTION ITEM! Pray for important pro-life SCOTUS case! Arguments on 20 March.
- A charming 15th century view of St. Joseph
- My View For Awhile: Northward
- Author of “The Dictator Pope” revealed (officially) and book format now available
- LENTCAzT 2018 34 – Monday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: sin makes you stoopid
- ASK FATHER: Absolution at jail through glass, phone in visitor’s room
- The fruits of dumbing everything down, down, ever down.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and Passion Sunday POLL: veils on images
- LENTCAzT 2018 33 – 1st Passion Sunday, 5th of Lent: marked with the light of Thy countenance
- Dumb down liturgy. Great idea, right?
- UPDATE: Even more comes about The Letter™: additional missing text
- FSSP North America Blog
- WDTPRS 5th Sunday of Lent: Undergoing liturgical death
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,…” The Lorica of St Patrick
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…