Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- mitdub: Father, I’ve been thinking along similar lines. We simply must figure out ways to get manly formation into the seminaries and reduce the effeminizi ng influences . I think, especia...
- Lurker 59: The media spin is indeed going around and around, but it is all in one direction, thus a giant buzzsaw. Not much can be done or accomplish ed if one rails against the spin. Rather, give...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Another sign at Mr. Beef.
- Kathleen10: Semper Gumby, haha!
- pbnelson: So now it’s priest-bas hing we have to endure. Watch the press spin this into a misguided attempt at gay-bashin g. Anyone who wants to rid the priesthood of homosexual s will be...
- Joy65: We’r e the easy target because we (The Catholic Church) is the big mean institutio n run by men who doesn̵ 7;t let the “poo r” liberals do whatever they want. We have...
- DeGaulle: The media obsession with abuse in the Catholic Church, while ignoring that which has been objectivel y documented as occurring in other denominati ons and religions, in education, in...
- AA Cunningham: Please provide the statistics which indicate that between 24k and 41k victims of sexual abuse have occurred in public schools by between 7200 and 12600 school employees in the US....
- Adaquano: Now all I can think is how to get a lunch that is good as that. And while I eat I can think about how come today̵ 7;s Catholic art is rarely as good as yesteryear .
- OK_doc: Dear Ultrarunne r: Please use the correct methodolog y for your statistics . You have used the numbers of abusers/vi ctims over 70 years and the current number of total priests and Cathol...
- Michael Haz: “With thy Tongs immerse thy Blessed Sandwich in the Vat and thou shalt receive Everlastin g Goodness. If thou, in thy zeal and folly, dunk thy Sandwich too long and it withers, fear...
- johnnys: That thing on the white board? That’ ;s like eating arts & crafts.
- frjim4321: not = now
- daughteroflight: @ultrarunn er, the U. S. Department of education put out a study in 2004 entitled “Edu cator Sexual Misconduct : A Synthesis of Existing Literature .” It is estima...
- frjim4321: Okay … there have always been and always will be gay, straight, bi, and asexual bishops, priests and seminarian s. Gayness will continue to be overrepres ented relative to the...
- KT127: I very much appreciate all your words on the topic. They have given me hope, perspectiv e and rebuttal to some arguments I am hearing. If all I heard was the spin, I would know it was wrong...
- JustaSinner: The pedipervs will ALWAYS gravitate to occupation s where they have access to children. Teachers, clergy, youth directors, clowns, daycare providers, baby sitters and the like. [The...
- Gregg the Obscure: Should i get to Chicago again, Mr. Beef is high on my list both for what they serve and for how they serve it. The “sou l food” ; restaurant near work has little signs...
- Gab: Oh and there̵ 7;s this … A February 2012 Slate.com article asked: “How many kids are sexually abused by their teachers?& #8221; The alarming answer: “Pro bably million...
- Gab: And now a word from a fabulous Australian , Dr Philippa Martyr. Brilliant essay on the subject: https://ww w.catholic weekly.com .au/why-ar e-we-turni ng-a-blind -eye/
- byzantinesteve: There were probably way in excess of 24-41k sexual assault victims in public schools over the last 70 years. Maybe someone can provide hard statistics . I don’ t have time to...
- Grabski: Ultra runner That was over 71 years Go back to your garret and redo your numbers Math is hard… ;
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: With regard to how the media failed to handle these issues, I found both of these articles informativ e (you may have already read them). “The scandal of Cardi...
- JonPatrick: A great way to get unplugged in Chicago is to ride the Lake St. “L 8221; out to Garfield Park and visit the Conservato ry there – an oasis of flowers and lily ponds smack...
- ex seaxe: Yesterday& #8217;s OF reading, Ezekiel 24:15-24 seems particular ly apt. 21 `Say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will profane my sanctuary, the pride of your...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- An improvement to the “Ratio” governing formation of priests in seminaries
- Priest attacked: “This is for all the kids!”
- Collusion of the press against the Church
- Food for my cerebellum. Food for my reptilian brain stem. And my observation about coverage of The Present Crisis.
- ASK FATHER: How to support priests? Prepare for underground Church?
- Ex ore infantium perfecisti laudem! 3 year old “priest’s” theological observation and a Salve
- Letters of Bishops compared. Quite a contrast.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ACTION ITEM! Help the nuns complete their beautiful monastic church!
- URGENT: HIDEOUS about SYMBOL on pastel vestments for World Meeting of Families in Dublin @WMOF2018
- Letter of @BishopMorlino of @MadisonDiocese concerning the present crisis
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: invisible love, pulsing with longing
- Terrific movement of prayer for priests: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Archbp. Cordileone’s Letter to the people of @ArchdioceseSF Fr. Z kudos and a mini-rant.
- Wherein Fr. Z offers one of the hardest posts he has ever written – UPDATED WITH YOUR COMMENTS
- PROPOSAL to all the Bishops of these USA for your November 2018 Meeting
- Card. Burke interviewed by Raymond Arroyo. The Cardinal’s advice.
- Insightful observation about Pope Francis – UPDATES!
- ASK FATHER: Lethal force against homosexual aggression in seminary?
- Search within the text for the word “reparation”. Zero.
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to a wedding at an SSPX chapel?
- Yeahhh… this is exactly the right time to dress our clergy in pastels.
- The Rite of Degradation From The Order of Priesthood. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr Z calls for solidarity
- The PA Grand Jury Report
- AN OPEN APPEAL TO THE CARDINALS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
- ASK FATHER: Your questions weigh heavily
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: “I now have doubt about sorting the doctrinal from the papal opinion.” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Faithful, active women religious. Where to go?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
READER DONATIONS FROM…
- - JUNE -
To set up a recurring, monthly donation via PAYPAL (even a small one) go to the bottom of this blog and look for the drop down menu! Do you want yet another alternative to PayPal? I have set up an account with CONTINUE TO GIVE Get a link to donate via CONTINUE TO GIVE using your smart phone.
They take a larger percent taste, but they are an alternative.
Send snail mail to:
Fr. John Zuhlsdorf
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603 Madison, WI 53744-4603
I remember benefactors in my prayers and periodically say Mass for your intention.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
And... GO TO CONFESSION!
“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Support Military Chaplains!
Visits tracked by Statcounter since Sat., 25 Nov. 2006:
What people say about Fr. Z
"The great Father Zed, Archiblogopoios" - Fr. John Hunwicke
"Some 2 bit novus ordo cleric" - Anonymous
"Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a traditionalist blogger who has never shied from picking fights with priests, bishops or cardinals when liturgical abuses are concerned." - Kractivism
"Father John Zuhlsdorf is a crank" "Father Zuhlsdorf drives me crazy" "the hate-filled Father John Zuhlsford" [sic]
"Father John Zuhlsdorf, the right wing priest who has a penchant for referring to NCR as the 'fishwrap'" - Michael Sean Winters
"Fr Z is a true phenomenon of the information age: a power blogger and a priest." - Anna Arco
“Given that Rorate Coeli and Shea are mad at Fr. Z, I think it proves Fr. Z knows what he is doing and he is right.” - Comment
"Let me be clear. Fr. Z is a shock jock, mostly. His readership is vast and touchy. They like to be provoked and react with speed and fury." - Sam Rocha
"Father Z’s Blog is a bright star on a cloudy night." - Comment
"A cross between Kung Fu Panda and Wolverine." - Anonymous
Fr. Z is officially a hybrid of Gandalf and Obi-Wan XD - Comment
Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a scrappy blogger popular with the Catholic right. - America Magazine
RC integralist who prays like an evangelical fundamentalist. -Austen Ivereigh on Twitter
[T]he even more mainline Catholic Fr. Z. blog. -Deus Ex Machina
“For me the saddest thing about Father Z’s blog is how cruel it is.... It’s astonishing to me that a priest could traffic in such cruelty and hatred.” - Jesuit homosexualist James Martin to BuzzFeed
Fr. Z's is one of the more cheerful blogs out there and he is careful about keeping the crazies out of his commboxes - Paul in comment at 1 Peter 5
I am a Roman Catholic, in no small part, because of your blog.
I am a TLM-going Catholic, in no small part, because of your blog.
And I am in a state of grace today, in no small part, because of your blog.
- Tom in comment
"Thank you for the delightful and edifying omnibus that is your blog."- Reader comment.
Our Lady of the Clergy, Pray for us!