It’s BLACK FRIDAY and people are saving a lot today. Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Nicholas said HAHAHAHAHAHA- Sincerely, Southern California
- excalibur said Most welcome if you do.
- Netmilsmom said Ugh, double post.
- Netmilsmom said We made it home on the ice skating rink that is I-...
- Netmilsmom said We made it home on the ice skating rink that is I-...
- MouseTemplar said Tackling Fr. Faber’s Spiritual Conferences...
- iPadre said Reid and Pelosi, and their entourage had better re...
- Sandy said The Good Lord has worked many huge miracles in rec...
- yatzer said I probably couldn’t afford it, but that thin...
- aleighanne said Please, Please, Please!!!!
- kelleyb said We are blessed to be visiting our brand new grand...
- Mike said While I’m usually not a fan of multimedia em...
- joan ellen said I’d like to say I’ll take one, but it...
- Maximilia said I’ve only been regularly following your webs...
- Imrahil said Dear Banshee, it is quite true that begging was no...
- lucindatcm said Please do them Father! I’m working as an RN...
- Ray said My roots are in St. Louis, Missouri. While in St....
- Imrahil said Dear Chicken, distributism (which is named for a m...
- Rachel K said “Living in grace and virtue while striving i...
- Rachel K said These are great Fr Z, but I am sure they take you...
- Grumpy Beggar said Hey again Kathleen10 . I could say “AMENR...
- acardnal said I find them “Adventageous”. Please...
- Suburbanbanshee said The Proverbs 31 section about the Valiant Woman (w...
- The Masked Chicken said “You would never get a nurse, or a doctor un...
- Riddley said Dear Father, For what it’s worth, this time...
- jameeka said Are you serious??? Father Z, I can’t believe...
- The Masked Chicken said “[So that's what did it! I thought it was yo...
- Jack007 said This the kind of ingenuity that America was ONCE f...
- Ben Kenobi said “everyone who works and performs a job, at l...
- Ben Kenobi said KirkO: There is sufficient land in the US to give...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- 2014 ADVENTCAzTs?
- WDTPRS – 1st Sunday of Advent: true Advent preparation
- Being a Bill can be hazardous during this Administration
- Let it snow, let it snow, let it snooooow!
- Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV, loser) v. Card. Burke (Elector, classy)
- Your Good News?
- Of Prayers of Thanks and for the Nation
- Does Pope Francis get what it takes to feed the poor as he calls for?
- Have yourself a tactical little Christmas!
- ASK FATHER: Summorum Pontificum, Art. 4 – “observing all the norms of law”
- REMINDER: CD of music for Advent by the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln – UPDATED
- Singing Nuns defend Embattled Bishop
- Kudos to Sacred Heart in Cincinnati!
- I missed “STIR UP SUNDAY”! But it’s not too late.
- Registration error: Wherein Fr. Z screwed up!
- Pope Francis: “Europe is now a “grandmother”, no longer fertile and vibrant”
- ASK FATHER: Waxed linen altar cloths
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- New Prefect of Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments
- Curial reshuffling to take place?
- Anti-Christian group’s founder arrested
- MIAMI: TLMs bringing in young people
- My View For Awhile: Allons Y Edition
- Paris – Day 7: Shells and bones
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Ed Peters
The Canonical Defender is back! Canonist Ed Peters has taken it on himself to correct a few of the myriad – and I suggest purposeful – errors/lies in John Cornwell’s new anti-Catholic hit job.
Remember how Cornwell distorted the record about … Continue reading
There has been some informative posts in the interwebs about the “annulment” process.
At the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) a priest, Fr. Peter Daly (Archd. Washington DC), after whining about a “top-down hierarchical church” and getting the concept of sensus … Continue reading
The Holy Father baptized the baby of a couple who are only civilly married.
From the excellent Canon Law blog of Ed Peters… who is probably smart not to have an open combox. Or .. maybe he just enjoys watching … Continue reading
Sacramental marriage is either indissoluble or it not.
Over at his fine canon law blog, canonist Ed Peters has something to say about an upcoming, building controversy.
Let’s understand what’s at stake
by Dr. Edward Peters
I suspect we’ll see more of this in … Continue reading
From Prof. Ed Peters, canonist, and his blog In The Light Of The Law - which has not an open combox.
Antinomianism in high places is still antinomianism
We live in pervasively antinomian times, and basic unawareness of law is all around us. [Two … Continue reading
Ed Peters has an important post at his place.
A German bishop essentially declared himself the Church’s lawgiver (read: Pope) and dispensed with the universal law.
From In The Light Of The Law:
This is why we have Canon 428
October 10, 2013
The Archdiocese of … Continue reading
Ed Peters (continue to pray for the complete recovery of his son Thom) has an interesting post at his place. You can check the full text and the whole context over there, but let’s focus on the guts of the … Continue reading
I remind the readers (and new readers) to continue with your prayers for Thomas Peters and his family. Thom broke his neck in a swimming accident. Recovery is slow and hard.
The well-known canonist, Ed Peters, is Thom’s father. He is … Continue reading
Preamble: Thomas Peter’s broke his neck in a swimming accident. HERE He has some control of his arms so far. The well-known canonist Ed Peter’s, Thom’s father, has asked people to invoke the intercession of Servant of God Fr. Felix Cappello … Continue reading
I am getting reports that the young papist, Thomas Peters, was injured – perhaps severely – in an accident of some kind. Tom is the son of the great canonist Ed Peters, by the way.
More information will come in soon, … Continue reading