Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Sonshine135 said SimonDodd, Ding ding ding…..We have a winner...
- robtbrown said Imrahil, You’re right about Kung and Rahne...
- Sonshine135 said Perhaps Pope Francis is too busy hanging out in th...
- govmatt said I wish more priests, especially at my parish, had...
- Sonshine135 said Wouldn’t it be interesting to call the forme...
- robtbrown said Venerator Sti Lot says: 1. It almost sounds like...
- govmatt said Will no one rid us of these meddlesome priestsR...
- hilltop said One more tally in the iconoclast column…
- Cafea Fruor said I know nothing about what life is like in Italian...
- Mariana2 said ROFL Grappa. Vile stuff. The Pope knows whereof he...
- Sandy said Initially my question was why give more power to i...
- Supertradmum said The idea of a de-centralized Church may be connect...
- NoraLee9 said Dear Summit NJ: The FSSP is in Pequannock and ICK...
- acardnal said “Notice that the place is full.” I rem...
- Traductora said The Pope has weakened the Curia and obviously plan...
- Bosco said Sooo…The pallium will be distributed the sam...
- Imrahil said A note: Pope Francis is making as many changes tha...
- Vincent said Pretty much empty would be an understatement, fath...
- Adam Welp said From CNS: ” Msgr. Guido Marini, the papal ma...
- Nathan Barontini said I wonder what experiences in Argentina have shaped...
- APX said Or by not having to fly to Rome, money will be sav...
- FrCharles said I wish we would make this story into a piece of ou...
- Mike said My New-Age-to-Catholic Translator (NATOCATRANS, pr...
- Imrahil said Maybe the Pallium will be bestowed by the Nuncio.
- Robbie said I think the last paragraph is key. The Pope wants...
- TNCath said Perhaps they’ll make the oath in Rome and th...
- mburn16 said Pope Francis also has little patience for ceremoni...
- SimonDodd said When Francis first started making his daily scanda...
- chantgirl said I just don’t understand why more traditional...
- mpmaron said The God of Mercy from the Cardinal of “Recon...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Videos of Solemn Masses 1960, 1962 at Ushaw Seminary
- Pope Francis will no longer impose the pallium on Archbishops
- Of Cardinals and Canaries
- Life with Capuchins? Take me back to jail!
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- San Francisco parish takes step in right direction. Sky falls on pastor’s head.
- Washington DC attacks religious freedom of Catholic schools
- Card. Burke’s sermon on marriage
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Ed Peters
The Canonical Defender is back! Canonist Ed Peters has taken it on himself to correct a few of the myriad – and I suggest purposeful – errors/lies in John Cornwell’s new anti-Catholic hit job.
Remember how Cornwell distorted the record about … Continue reading
There has been some informative posts in the interwebs about the “annulment” process.
At the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) a priest, Fr. Peter Daly (Archd. Washington DC), after whining about a “top-down hierarchical church” and getting the concept of sensus … Continue reading
The Holy Father baptized the baby of a couple who are only civilly married.
From the excellent Canon Law blog of Ed Peters… who is probably smart not to have an open combox. Or .. maybe he just enjoys watching … Continue reading
Sacramental marriage is either indissoluble or it not.
Over at his fine canon law blog, canonist Ed Peters has something to say about an upcoming, building controversy.
Let’s understand what’s at stake
by Dr. Edward Peters
I suspect we’ll see more of this in … Continue reading
From Prof. Ed Peters, canonist, and his blog In The Light Of The Law – which has not an open combox.
Antinomianism in high places is still antinomianism
We live in pervasively antinomian times, and basic unawareness of law is all around us. [Two … Continue reading
Ed Peters has an important post at his place.
A German bishop essentially declared himself the Church’s lawgiver (read: Pope) and dispensed with the universal law.
From In The Light Of The Law:
This is why we have Canon 428
October 10, 2013
The Archdiocese of … Continue reading
Ed Peters (continue to pray for the complete recovery of his son Thom) has an interesting post at his place. You can check the full text and the whole context over there, but let’s focus on the guts of the … Continue reading
I remind the readers (and new readers) to continue with your prayers for Thomas Peters and his family. Thom broke his neck in a swimming accident. Recovery is slow and hard.
The well-known canonist, Ed Peters, is Thom’s father. He is … Continue reading
Preamble: Thomas Peter’s broke his neck in a swimming accident. HERE He has some control of his arms so far. The well-known canonist Ed Peter’s, Thom’s father, has asked people to invoke the intercession of Servant of God Fr. Felix Cappello … Continue reading
I am getting reports that the young papist, Thomas Peters, was injured – perhaps severely – in an accident of some kind. Tom is the son of the great canonist Ed Peters, by the way.
More information will come in soon, … Continue reading