Not to be missed…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- CanukFrank: Happy, glorious Easter! Thank you, Fr. Z, for these podcasts. (Hopefully , I’ll be in a position to donate one of these days).
- SanSan: Amen Amen! Alleluia Alleluia!! ! HE IS RISEN! One of my best Lents Ever. Thank you Jesus! Happy Easter Fr. Z and all who come here.
- acardnal: Christ is risen! He has risen indeed!
- Lurker 59: Happy Easter, Fr. Z. Thank you for seeing us through Lent to Easter morning.
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z, and a Happy Easter to all.
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father! Happy Easter, Glad Påsk! Fulton Sheen on exchange 8230;yeste rday I read in In Sinu Jesu “Eve ry sin given to Me disappears , and in exchange for every sin given...
- Clinton R.: Happy Easter, Father. Thank you so much for these podcasts. They have been very informativ e, interestin g and have really been helpful to me in having my heart and mind on Christ and...
- catholiccomelately: The Exultet is the high point of the whole Christian year for me! It breathes the love and mercy and majesty and mystery and power of God at work in the Resurrecti on of His...
- KAS: All our honey bees are European. We use smoke not because it makes them drunk but because it triggers an instinctiv e response to smoke warning of a coming fire. The bees are so busy prepar...
- Kathleen10: That is delightful about the bees, it is super happy news, thank you for it. A blessed and happy easter to you and all, Fr. Z.
- pgs: A great version here: https://ww w.youtube. com/watch? v=nP_5YxIA V2E Seems to be a bit different – maybe his order has a slightly different version? [Great … if forget that you...
- CanukFrank: Yes, a very, very powerful scene. Has anyone noticed the look from the Roman soldier as he is ordered to hustle everyone along after Christ’s fall? His glance back to Mary as he reali...
- Traductora: The bees! Beautiful, beautiful meditation , as always. Thank you for putting this up. This Easter has been a little distressin g to me because of the attacks on BXVI by traditi...
- jaykay: Great news. I do remember Fr. Z. rejoicing, exulting, even, back in 2011, with the new (sorry, proper) translatio ns of the N.O. Exultet, that the bees had been reinstated .
- jameeka: Good explanatio n about Jesus harrowing Hell, answered a lot of my questions. I like the beautiful pictures you have accompanyi ng your LentcaZts, Father Z—music, words, pictures—a n...
- Suburbanbanshee: I’m home sick, and just listened to the Exultet from the National Basilica. They also had an Easter candle that looked like a young caber!
- SKAY: Another positive story Father Z. Thank you. It is nice to know the bees survived.
- Gab: My first Easter (Latin) Vigil last night. Thank you for this “rep lay” , Father Z and the explanatio n. I understand a bit more today!
- APX: Someone on another blog said that in the pre-1955 Easter Vigil, the Paschal candle isn’t blessed outside like it is in the reformed rite and the newer rite, but rather the Deacon blesses it by...
- rollingrj: As a lay cantor, I have had the privilege to chant the Exsultet (in English) three times. It is an awe-filled and awesome moment, especially since I am not a member of the tribe of Levi....
- OssaSola: Correction : “But this gave me a glad smile̷ 0;
- OssaSola: People are already telling me they are “pas t their grief̶ 1; over the burning of Notre Dame. I am decidedly NOT over it; it will forever color the Easter triduum for me. But...
- capchoirgirl: HyacinthCl are: Wow! Midnight?! That’ ;s impressive . The Vigil I go to starts at 8:30 and we’l l get out around midnight, probably.
- HyacinthClare: THANK YOU! I can’ t go to midnight mass tonight, and now I’ve not missed the real beginning of Easter! Thank you!
- capchoirgirl: We always have all men. It’s the members of the Dominican community (other than the celebrant, of course), and then altar boys/men from the congregati on who have been pre-sel...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- PASCHALCAzT 47 – Easter Sunday: Leave the shrouds in the tomb
- ACTION ITEM: Help for a traditional Catholic seminarian continues! – UPDATED… for EASTER!
- Benedict XVI on the Paschal Candle
- WDTPRS and AUDIO: The Exsultet – explained, translated, sung
- JUST TOO COOL: Fr. Z kudos to Our Lady’s Bees! They survived the fire #NDParis
- LENTCAzT 2019 46 – Holy Saturday: The Harrowing of Hell
- POLL: Foot-washing on Holy Thursday where you are – ORDINARY FORM
- “Behold, I make all things new.”
- #GoodFriday and You: Prayers for Holy Souls in Purgatory and Plenary Indulgences
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- Good Friday Reminder: Fasting, Abstaining, and You
- LENTCAzT 2019 45 – Good Friday: The ultimate pulpit
- TMSM: Holy Thursday Mass with the new vestments
- A good article in Crisis about France. Fr. Z adds a short rant.
- LENTCAzT 2019 44 – Holy Thursday: Sin is in the blood
- So a guy with gas cans walks into @StPatsNYC in Midtown Manhattan…
- ARRIVED: Tenebrae Hearse! And a successful bout with Zuhlsdorf’s Law
- PRAYERCAzT: What does the Latin Exorcism really sound like? FOR PRIESTS ONLY – UPDATED
- Fundraising idea for #NotreDame
- VIDEO: Interview with Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier
- WDTPRS – Spy Wednesday, the last Collect of Lent
- VIDEO: Interior of #NotreDame after the fire. WHEW!
- LENTCAzT 2019 43 – Wednesday of Holy Week: In a cataclysm, something must be salvaged.
- VIDEO – The last rite in #NotreDame was… this?
- About #NotreDame and the fire and the altar. Just sayin’…
- Fr. Z rants about #NotreDame fire and the Faith in the Church’s “eldest daughter”
- Inside burning #NotreDame a human chain saved relics, Blessed Sacrament. Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier – OORAH!
- Happy Birthday, Benedict XVI! Ad multos vivas faustissimos annos
- LENTCAzT 2019 42 – Tuesday of Holy Week: It wasn’t a suggestion
- An early ALLELUIA for the vaulting of #NotreDame – It held!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Edward Pentin
The best English language vaticanista today is Edward Pentin. He has an interview with Bp. Athanasius Schneider today at the National Catholic Register (that’s the good one that begins with “National”). HERE The whole thing is worth reading. However, I … Continue reading
Edward Pentin – at present the best English language Vaticanista in Rome – gave a talk at a conference. There is a video of his talk. You might give it a shot. Pentin, a sharp and reasonable guy, touches on a … Continue reading
Here is a great video for your information. Ed Pentin, arguably the best English-language Vaticanista in Rome right now is interviewed. Fr. Murray begins his remarks at 10:00 (don’t miss it).
Some of you will remember those commercials years ago where some guys, sitting with friends is a loud restaurant, says something like, “My broker is Joe Bagofdonuts. Joe says…”, and suddenly the entire restaurant is dead still with everyone leaning … Continue reading
This is interesting. Is someone backing off a little? From the Sovereign Military Order of the Knights of Malta (SMOM): The government of the Order of Malta to convene the Council Complete of State on 29 April to elect the … Continue reading
Yesterday, I posted HERE about the release of the booklet by Card. Coccopalmerio, Prefect of the Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts. It was ballyhooed as The Response™ to the Five Dubia of the Four “intransigent” Cardinals, who are dissenters because they … Continue reading
Edward Pentin, probably the best English language journalist working around the Vatican these days, posted at the National Catholic Register a piece about support for the Four Cardinals and the Five Dubia. Yes, he writes about Card. Müller’s TV interview which … Continue reading
These days I get a lot of email asking me to explain what is going on in the Church today. The question is often accompanied by heart-felt, often heart-rending words of personal pain. What is going on the Church is … Continue reading
Recently Jesuit Antonio Spadaro, who edits La Civiltà Cattolica and who is deeply interested in the life and works of Pier Vittorio Tondelli (HERE), made some observations about the recent Synod of Bishops which has caused eyebrows to rise. First, take … Continue reading
I direct the readership’s attention to an interview (HERE) that Ed Pentin (of The Rigging of a Synod fame) has a fascinating interview with journalist Paul Badde who was in the right place at the right time (wrong place and time?) to learn … Continue reading
You must read this from Edward Pentin (HERE). He gives a somewhat more useful roundup of things discussed in the Synod than the presser provided. Also, Pentin shows how some can… skew the report of what was discussed. Sample with … Continue reading
Edward Pentin has been doing a lot of heavy lifting these days, in advance of the Synod coming up in October. It is going to be a war. Check out Pentin’s ebook The Rigging of a Vatican Synod: An Investigation … Continue reading
“Innocent III could say crazy things, and almost no one would know until a year or so later! Now it’s two clicks and it’s gone around the blogosphere.” Everyone should pay attention to a new installment of Edward Pentin’s wrap … Continue reading