Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Mariana2: Fr. Kelly, I read “My Lamborghin i and Ganganelli mugs arrived today̶ 1;…
- Arthur McGowan: I was forwarded 20 such letters (addressed to the bishop) from a parish. A priest who wanted the parish held a poison-pen -letter-wr iting party. A parish where one Confession was...
- ChrisP: Just my minor profession al opinion and I’ve told Fr Rynne this, Bennett 217;s letter has evidence of sociopathi c narcissist ic syndrome. She needs prayer as does Fr Runners.
- monstrance: Julia – BINGO
- Nan: A friend sent me a copy of his mom’ s beautiful little self published cookbook, filled with family recipes, some for lent. I went to a fish fry at the parish my friends son goes to...
- JabbaPapa: That’ ;s the second extremely nasty and vicious letter from a lay person among those in positions of responsibi lity at a parish concerning their pastor that I’ve seen in 36...
- Athelstan: Fr. Heilman notes: “No matter how gentle, no matter how slowly, no matter how much teaching goes into it, the accusation is always leveled that it was not handled appropr...
- THREEHEARTS: un-ionized - Thank you for your understand ing. I was not and am still not very brave. 80 years a catholic man. It was hard I went to school with boys who became priests and I was on...
- Joe in Canada: Her comments about what he “sai d and did on the first day” , and the implicatio n that the Archbishop supports him, seems to imply that he had some sort of mission from...
- Peter Ignotus: I realize this doesn’t carry much weight, nor should it. I’d delete my original comment if I could. My concern is that some will equate pissing people off with success, when in fact...
- PetersBarque: So this Jezebel—I mean Maureen—ha s taken it upon herself to speak for the whole kit and caboodle parish with the disrespect and snobbery spewed forth in this vicious diatribe. And...
- Roy Hobbs: Is there any other context of the situation( s) of which this letter alludes? It’s difficult to read the way it is, and some context would help. Otherwise, this lady is sound...
- straphaelguy: Padding has been ordered for the communion rails at my parish. It seems we will soon be making use of them again!
- monstrance: I never would have imagined the Tansmanian Devil a modernist.
- TKS: I just checked out his parish website. Many Latin Masses.
- Sue in soCal: Not being a priest, I can still sympathize . My husband, one of my adult sons, and I have moved from a more traditiona l parish (no Latin Mass but plenty of incense, adorati...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: ALL: Say a prayer to everyone 8217;s Guardian Angels now, including the angels who guard Bp. Elliot, an old acquaintan ce of mine. Bp. Elliot will visit the parish to see...
- Julia_Augusta: Andrew is correct. If you do a Google search, you will see Maureen Bennett 217;s photo, together with another woman in the Tasmanian Catholic, Volume 3, Issue 3 2007, page 14, in...
- Scout: From https://ww w.facebook .com/holyw oundslatin massguild/ posts/2094 5614673011 01 Communicat ion from the Archbishop 20 March 2019 Having received a number of emails expressing conce...
- SanSan: So sorry Fr. Nicholas Rynne. This woman is out of line and so unchristia n in her remarks. My goodness, we don’ t have to agree with everyone, but must we be so vile?
- Gab: If anyone wants to send an email of support and thanks to Fr Rynne https://ho bart.catho lic.org.au /church/ho ly-trinity -westbury
- tho: As I noted from a sentence in her letter that she downplays the fear of God, I have read that such a sentiment is the beginning of wisdom. Sadly there are many Maureen 217;s out there,...
- Gab: What a tiresome thing to read. Why are liberal catholics so mouthy? “Oh Father has a difficult personalit y!”. Oh boo-hoo. A lot of people have difficult personalit es and they...
- JARay: If I get to Tasmania (something which I have been contemplat ing doing for some time) I must make it my business to seek out Fr. Rynne in Elizabeth Town in order to congratula te him. I...
- Charivari Rob: “You rs sincerely& #8221; Way to stay classy, Maureen. In a civil society, form must be observed. “we can only judge by Maureen’s own account. 8221; Why would anyone...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- LENTCAzT 2019 19 – 3rd Sunday of Lent: Mass is not a souvenir
- Vicious letter to a young, faithful priest
- LENTCAzT 2019 18 – Saturday in the 2nd Week: God chooses the weak
- STOP THE PRESSES: Young people sing in the Illinois State Capitol
- Study Commission: no evidence women were ordained to the diaconate
- Your Good News – UPDATED
- Dots to connect
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2019 17 – Friday in the 2nd Week: The most efficacious devotion?
- Wherein Fr. Z makes an appeal to the readership
- “Dear Fathers, dear seminarians…” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- LENTCAzT 2019 16 – Thursday in the 2nd Week: “Don’t give me heaven! Instead give me…”
- George Weigel on “Two Georges” and future persecution
- Francis’ Triduum Schedule: strange lacuna
- Bp. Schneider: On the question of a heretical pope
- ASK FATHER: Father doses off during Mass
- LENTCAzT 2019 15 – Wednesday in the 2nd Week: Card. Burke
- Officially BADASS CATHOLIC PHOTO
- Germany: More dissent from nuns
- “Te, Ioseph celebrent”, a hymn in honor of the Terror of Demons
- CRISIS: Keen analysis of the implosion of the German Church
- LENTCAzT 2019 14 – Tuesday in the 2nd Week: Glorious St. Joseph!
- Lighter fare
- Wherein Fr. Z rants about Hell and sin and Enemy of the soul
- LENTCAzT 2019 13 – Monday in the 2nd Week: Kneeling at Mass, its actual liturgical function
- “You just want the 1950’s back!”
- ASK FATHER: How can eating desserts during Lent be fasting? Would Jesus eat desserts?
- News from the great Benedictines at Norcia: building, dogs, liturgy, beer
- ASK FATHER: A question about a marriage situation (not mine)
- How to spot a good preacher
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
And... GO TO CONFESSION!
“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Support Military Chaplains!
Visits tracked by Statcounter since Sat., 25 Nov. 2006:
What people say about Fr. Z
"The great Father Zed, Archiblogopoios" - Fr. John Hunwicke
"Some 2 bit novus ordo cleric" - Anonymous
"Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a traditionalist blogger who has never shied from picking fights with priests, bishops or cardinals when liturgical abuses are concerned." - Kractivism
"Father John Zuhlsdorf is a crank"
"Father Zuhlsdorf drives me crazy"
"the hate-filled Father John Zuhlsford" [sic]
"Father John Zuhlsdorf, the right wing priest who has a penchant for referring to NCR as the 'fishwrap'"
"Zuhlsdorf is an eccentric with no real consequences" - HERE
- Michael Sean Winters
"Fr Z is a true phenomenon of the information age: a power blogger and a priest." - Anna Arco
“Given that Rorate Coeli and Shea are mad at Fr. Z, I think it proves Fr. Z knows what he is doing and he is right.” - Comment
"Let me be clear. Fr. Z is a shock jock, mostly. His readership is vast and touchy. They like to be provoked and react with speed and fury." - Sam Rocha
"Father Z’s Blog is a bright star on a cloudy night." - Comment
"A cross between Kung Fu Panda and Wolverine." - Anonymous
Fr. Z is officially a hybrid of Gandalf and Obi-Wan XD - Comment
Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a scrappy blogger popular with the Catholic right. - America Magazine
RC integralist who prays like an evangelical fundamentalist. -Austen Ivereigh on Twitter
[T]he even more mainline Catholic Fr. Z. blog. -Deus Ex Machina
“For me the saddest thing about Father Z’s blog is how cruel it is.... It’s astonishing to me that a priest could traffic in such cruelty and hatred.” - Jesuit homosexualist James Martin to BuzzFeed
"Fr. Z's is one of the more cheerful blogs out there and he is careful about keeping the crazies out of his commboxes" - Paul in comment at 1 Peter 5
"I am a Roman Catholic, in no small part, because of your blog.
I am a TLM-going Catholic, in no small part, because of your blog.
And I am in a state of grace today, in no small part, because of your blog."
- Tom in comment
"Thank you for the delightful and edifying omnibus that is your blog."- Reader comment.
Our Lady of the Clergy, Pray for us!