You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- quid quaeritis said If you can spare a prayer, for me, that I may find...
- disco said In any case, don’t let Obama find out where...
- JacobWall said @OrthodoxChick, If you revert to your 2000 desktop...
- Jim R said Does an all-male sanctuary foster vocations to the...
- OrthodoxChick said Congratulations, Mamajen!!!!! I’d love to se...
- Supertradmum said vetusta ecclesia, you are correct and a person at...
- gordon.w.thomson said Any views on Alter Servers or Cantors wearing a bl...
- JacobWall said @Chicken – I read your post only after mine....
- majuscule said As I have mentioned other places, I attend a small...
- Hank Igitur said Dr EP Yes, only potential candidates for priesthoo...
- teomatteo said My sixth grade son started serving at our distant...
- JacobWall said I recently rescued my two dead or dying mini lapto...
- vetusta ecclesia said As an aside in the UK scarlet cassocks are illegal...
- maryh said Here’s how it seems like to me: The entire c...
- Giuseppe said A prayer to St. Golden Girl might also include a n...
- Bea said spelling boo-boo last post: “The priest was...
- contrarian said Female alter servers = insanity. It’s insane...
- frahobbit said Please pray for my co-workers: Lorraine needs a ne...
- Bea said Feast of the Sacred Heart last year: Two girls and...
- NBW said I would agree with Rose in NE. Our Parish doesn...
- frahobbit said PS As well as for Fr. Z’s intentions :)
- frahobbit said The petitions here are included in my prayers.
- Torpedo1 said I’ll pray for everyone here. Please pray for...
- JuliB said On Sat. I had my last test as part of the inaugura...
- BLB Oregon said In the pictures in the link Dave N. supplied, the...
- Ceile De said (Perhaps it’s an Eye of the Tiber story?)
- Ceile De said And what to make of Piero Marini being in charge o...
- Rose in NE said Let see, my old parish (about 3,000 families) allo...
- wmeyer said Bring the feminine back into the Church. Having gi...
- Cazienza said “Deaconess” hospitals are not invariab...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: EMHC
From a reader about a curious discrepancy on the site of the USCCB about the General Instruction/Institution of the Roman Missal.
On the USCCB site for the new edition of the GIRM  (HERE) there is a link to Derogations on … Continue reading
I have written before about His Excellency Most Rev. R. Walker Nickless, Bishop of Sioux City. You may remember his outstanding pastoral letter.
Bp. Nickless has issued Guidelines and Norms for the Distribution and Reception of Holy Communion
Under both Kinds and … Continue reading
From a reader:
We have a priest celebrating a NO mass in Latin (for a month now). Two weeks ago he was agitated and asked that people receive also from the extraordinary minister (who’s line was much shorter). This week he … Continue reading
Archbp. Sheehan (Santa Fe), his Pastoral Letter on Cohabitation, a liberal reaction, and my interlinear rant
H.E. Most Rev. Michael Sheehan Archbishop of Santa Fe, NM has issued a Pastoral Care of Couples Who are Cohabitating.
Archbp. Sheehan had this letter read in all parishes of that Archdiocese.
I think this pastoral letter could be seen as a … Continue reading
For your “Brick By Brick” file.
I found this, thanks to a reader, on the site Knights of Divine Mercy, by Fr. Rick Heilman, pastor of St. Mary Catholic Church in Pine Bluff, WI.
My emphases and comments.
Extraordinary Ministers No More *Gulp*
Fr. … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have something that has really been bothering me that maybe you could help me with if you find the time.I am not trying to “tattle” or nit pick anything, but I am very uncomfortable with this and … Continue reading
From a reader:
What makes a Deacon an “ordinary” minister of the Eucharist?
Is it simply that he is ordained? I tried to ask our local Deacon, and
was expecting a more theological treatment, but maybe I was expecting too much. I wanted … Continue reading
From a reader:
The EM’s at our parish, upon strolling up to the altar without genuflecting, or even bowing, proceed to clean their hands with a bottle of Purell, which they pass among themselves. They repeat this act after they have … Continue reading
From a reader:
Today I attended a mass at my university and had a difficult experience with one of the Eucharistic ministers. I approached with my hands folded in order to receive a blessing (no communion for me this time), and … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a question about the Redemptionis Sacramentum requirement that the extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion do not "approach the altar" until after the priest’s Communion… What is meant by "approach the altar"? Does it mean they should not … Continue reading