- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Andkaras said I wish that I could give you as fine a gift as you...
- pannw said @ Jerome Vincent, you took the words right out of...
- GFB said Thank you very much, Father Z, for this wonderful...
- bookworm said If you think you have it bad in this regard…...
- JonPatrick said Oops, should have checked “Whispers in the L...
- JonPatrick said That quote from McCall1981′s post pretty muc...
- Paul said The Joke is not Nunny Anymore Much Ado about Nunth...
- Mariana2 said I hadn’t realised it was a Mass! I thought i...
- Mariana2 said “I don’t think it’s appropriate to impersona...
- Mariana2 said Oh, he knew exactly what he was doing, the eyes ar...
- Peter in Canberra said On a lighter note, I understand that one of my gra...
- Tamquam said I started going to confession regularly after I we...
- LA said The German language sounds horrible when sung to G...
- Patrick L. said Nevermind, I figured it out (it’s from the a...
- Patrick L. said Thanks, Father. Does anyone know what group is cha...
- Uxixu said Mangled that one. Should read: At my old parish (...
- Uxixu said At my old parish (which was newer construction, it...
- guans said The arrow on the post is working. Beautiful, Fathe...
- Fr. Hamilton said How about these titles… Fast & Furious R...
- Mr. Green said And presumably it also shows that Mary looked at t...
- Sword40 said Sorry, can’t finish watching it. Weak stomac...
- Mr. Green said Vecchio di Londra: It reads like a condemnation of...
- Giuseppe said Supertradmum, Correct. He might have inherited a...
- DonMiguel said The Devil Wears Pantsuits
- jflare said Hmm. They forgot the gangster and the cop, didn...
- OrthodoxChick said What-da-ya mean they need a title for their movie?...
- HyacinthClare said I think my vote goes to unavoceman. At “Do...
- HyacinthClare said I totally agree with NoraLee9. The imagination a...
- The Astronomer said While we knew the liberals were going to turn on t...
- Supertradmum said Jesus would have looked like His Mother…and...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 20: 3rd Friday of Advent – “in front of him stands The Tempter…”
- The Feeder Feed: Yes, another XPGF and The Eyes have it
- Cracks in the liberal adulation of Pope Francis
- ACTION ITEM! Help the Nuns on the Bus!
- QUAERITUR: Can I change my voice to fool the confessor?
- Hint: It ain’t Mozart.
- Pope: Curial officials should hear confessions
- ADVENTCAzT 19: 3rd Thursday of Advent – His domain is oecumenical
- Invention to help hearing-impaired make a good confession
- My View For Awhile
- Judge gives relief to Archd. NY against the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- Pat Archbolds’ Open Letter to Pope Francis on Franciscan Friars
- ADVENTCAzT 18: 3rd Wednesday of Advent – religion has dissolved into an emotion, but…
- Pope approves canonization of St. Peter Faber, waiving the usual process
- Fatherless homes a key factor in school shootings, teen delinquency
- 17 Dec: 77th Birthday of His Holiness Pope Francis
- ADVENTCAzT 17: 3rd Tuesday of Advent – The innermost core of the mystery of Christmas
- VIDEO Islamists Attack Towering Christ Statue in Syria, Bomb Monastery
- Must read: Camille Paglia on feminist disrespect for men
- St. David, king, prophet, sinner, penitent – 16 or 29 Dec?
- NEW Z-SWAG: “I am a Self-Absorbed Promethean Neopelagian and proud of it.”
- QUAERITUR: Ember Day coincides with feast day
- ADVENTCAzT 16: 3rd Monday of Advent – hectic commercialism, hushed mystery
- Buy Soap from Dominicans… NOW. No. Really! TODAY!
- Kindle book by Pope Francis FREE today, Sunday [UPDATE: Still not too bad.]
- Peter O’Toole: R.I.P. Fr. Z POLL
- Pope Francis’ new interview: damage control on “trickle down” economics?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS POLL: Did you see Rose vestments on “Gaudete” Sunday?
- ADVENTCAzT 15: 3rd Sunday of Advent – True love calls sin “sin”.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“The Saints are not supermen, nor were they born perfect. They are like us, like each one of us. They are people who, before reaching the glory of heaven, lived normal lives with joys and sorrows, struggles and hopes. What changed their lives? When they recognized God’s love, they followed it with all their heart without reserve or hypocrisy. They spent their lives serving others, they endured suffering and adversity without hatred and responded to evil with good, spreading joy and peace. This is the life of a Saint. Saints are people who for love of God did not put conditions on him in their life; they were not hypocrites; they spent their lives at the service of others. They suffered much adversity but without hate. The Saints never hated. Understand this well: love is of God, then from whom does hatred come? Hatred does not come from God but from the devil! And the Saints removed themselves from the devil; the Saints are men and women who have joy in their hearts and they spread it to others. Never hate but serve others, the most needy; pray and live in joy. This is the way of holiness! Being holy is not a privilege for the few, as if someone had a large inheritance; in Baptism we all have an inheritance to be able to become saints. Holiness is a vocation for everyone. Thus we are all called to walk on the path of holiness, and this path has a name and a face: the face of Jesus Christ.”
- Pope Francis, Angelus, 1 Nov 2013
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: England
Today the UK’s daily The Telegraph published a letter to the editor signed by some 1000 priests and bishops about the Tory party’s attempts to redefine marriage.
One quarter of the priests in England.
I am proud of my brethren across the way for … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Tim Finigan, His Hermeueticalness, has on his parish’s website a good reminder for his readers in the UK that Friday 29 June, the Feast or Solemnity of Sts. Peter and Paul is, for them, a Holy Day … Continue reading
Preamble: Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity.
Pope Benedict gets to determine the parameters and dynamics of ecumenism, not his critics. According to his approach and vision, he has been making headway. Some will say that he … Continue reading
In the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, there is a sound observation about a comment made by Pope Benedict as he formally received the credentials of the new Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United Kingdom of Great … Continue reading
His Hermeneuticalness, my friend Fr. Tim Finigan, posted about a great initiative in England. A group formed to establish a Catholic liberal arts college along the lines of Wyoming Catholic College and Thomas Aquinas College in California.
Fr. Finigan wrote:
The Benedictus … Continue reading
From the Latin Mass Society in England with a few edits:
THE LMS’s Seventh Training Conference for Priests and Servers Successfully Concluded
Over thirty clerics and laymen attended the Latin Mass Society’s seventh residential training conference for the training of priests in … Continue reading
The Holy Father is about to travel to the "hedonistic wasteland … the geopolitical epicentre of the culture of death", and, judging from some of the nutty media coverage – Satan is irritated.
I think Satan particularly hates this visit … Continue reading
Here is some news in the best Catholic weekly in the UK, The Catholic Herald:
Pope Benedict plans to beatify Newman during visit to BritainBy Simon Caldwell
27 November 2009
The Pope is to waive his own rules so he can preside in … Continue reading