Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Fr. W said When a group of seminarians were visiting Rome, we...
- Mojoron said One of my pet peeves is the pressure that the Lati...
- acardnal said “I am genuinely puzzled that there is any c...
- frjim4321 said So if Rome is the model for liturgy, does that mea...
- RomeontheRange said Historical note: We have a long tradition of civil...
- lmo1968 said I used to work for a priest who sought out couples...
- Mike said Let’s not forget to offer up one anotherR...
- Matt R said Communion under two kinds really ought to be limit...
- Matt R said The Litany to Our Lady of Sorrows is beautiful, an...
- Rachel said I just visited the cathedral of Santa Rosa on a tr...
- benedetta said This is exactly right from jhayes above “The churc...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Ongoing prayers, please, to the Infant Jesus.
- John V said I recall being instructed that only bishops and pr...
- Gretchen said Did a short Google search and the number 88 is pur...
- Mary Jane said kat, I have been thinking the same thing as well....
- ecb said I attended Mass a couple of years ago at a downtow...
- acardnal said marcelus wrote, “No traditional orders have...
- The Cobbler said “…during a satanic ritual to bring abo...
- Stephen Matthew said I would favor intinction for several reasons: 1. T...
- Ichabod said Please pray for two men who are great husbands, fa...
- Wade said iteadthomam, I may be mistaken, but I think that t...
- Ichabod said Amen. Thank you Dad of Six. St. Gabriel of Our Lad...
- Father G said Una Voce México prepared a beautifully formatted L...
- Uxixu said @Kennedy, I’m going to disagree there. The...
- iteadthomam said Hello Father, If Pope Francis was a witness at a &...
- Per Signum Crucis said More facts needed, please. On the one hand, Fr. Z...
- VexillaRegis said kat, exactly what I have thought all the time.
- kat said I still am perplexed why anyone believes they WON&...
- Dad of Six said Mater Dolorosa, Cause of our Joy, pray for us.
- Dad of Six said From the Seven Sorrows of the Mater Dolorosa, cour...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- “If God exists, He is evil….” Not.
- David Haines, rest in peace. Mass for his intention.
- WDTPRS: Exaltation of the Cross
- Exaltation of the Cross, Summorum Pontifical, Basil Pesto
- 12 Sept 1683: The Battle of Vienna and the Holy Name of Mary
- A bright note! Bp. Vasa confirms morals and faith clauses for Catholic teachers
- Card. McCarrick “embraces” Islam?
- The very definition of cognitive dissonance
- St. Pat’s Parade: homosexuality, yes – pro-life, no
- TEOTWAWKI? Double blast CME heading towards Earth.
- Déjà vu from Card. Kasper and Jesuit-run Amerika Magazine
- The hard truth about marriage, mercy and Eastern “oikonomia”
- ASK FATHER: Will an annulment make a child into a bastard?
- Feasts of Sts. John XXIII and John Paul II now on the Universal Calendar
- ASK FATHER: Doubts about annulment for 1st marriage, guilt about 2nd
- “How are they down, how have they fallen down – Those great strong towers of ice and steel…”
- Music fit for heaven: New CD of William Byrd Masses by Choir of Westminster Cathedral
- “Welcome to Hell! Here’s your ice cream!”
- MANHATTAN: Holy Innocents Church – Reprieve until Spring 2015?
- ASK FATHER: EMHCs at TLM… permitted?
- UK: Parish resuscitated by Extraordinary Form. New Evangelization continues
- ACTION ITEM! 9 Sept – International Buy a Priest a Beer Day!
- CHART: Correspondence of lectionaries, Ordinary and Extraordinary Form
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: England
A depressing bit of news from not-too-Catholic-friendly RNS:
Roman Catholics decline in England, Wales
CANTERBURY, England (RNS) The number of Roman Catholic adherents in England and Wales fell by more than 90,000 in 2012, despite a wave of immigrants from Poland and … Continue reading
Today the UK’s daily The Telegraph published a letter to the editor signed by some 1000 priests and bishops about the Tory party’s attempts to redefine marriage.
One quarter of the priests in England.
I am proud of my brethren across the way for … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Tim Finigan, His Hermeueticalness, has on his parish’s website a good reminder for his readers in the UK that Friday 29 June, the Feast or Solemnity of Sts. Peter and Paul is, for them, a Holy Day … Continue reading
Preamble: Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity.
Pope Benedict gets to determine the parameters and dynamics of ecumenism, not his critics. According to his approach and vision, he has been making headway. Some will say that he … Continue reading
In the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, there is a sound observation about a comment made by Pope Benedict as he formally received the credentials of the new Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United Kingdom of Great … Continue reading
His Hermeneuticalness, my friend Fr. Tim Finigan, posted about a great initiative in England. A group formed to establish a Catholic liberal arts college along the lines of Wyoming Catholic College and Thomas Aquinas College in California.
Fr. Finigan wrote:
The Benedictus … Continue reading
From the Latin Mass Society in England with a few edits:
THE LMS’s Seventh Training Conference for Priests and Servers Successfully Concluded
Over thirty clerics and laymen attended the Latin Mass Society’s seventh residential training conference for the training of priests in … Continue reading
The Holy Father is about to travel to the "hedonistic wasteland … the geopolitical epicentre of the culture of death", and, judging from some of the nutty media coverage – Satan is irritated.
I think Satan particularly hates this visit … Continue reading
Here is some news in the best Catholic weekly in the UK, The Catholic Herald:
Pope Benedict plans to beatify Newman during visit to BritainBy Simon Caldwell
27 November 2009
The Pope is to waive his own rules so he can preside in … Continue reading