Search Fr. Z’s Blog
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- philosophicallyfrank: There are no “ind igenous 221; people anywhere in the world and hasn’ ;t been since the Biblical “Gre at Flood̶ 1;. It is a term used now-a-day to...
- Johann: Father, I donated $20. I would have donated more but the exchange rate of the South African Rand and US Dollar is pretty dismal. I’m sorry.
- UncleBlobb: Thank you, Father Z., for sharing so much of your days in Rome. It’s wonderful.
- JonathanTX: Father, you may have explained this before, but when is the Ave Maria bell rung traditiona lly? Is it an astronomic al calculatio n based on the sun?
- FrAnt: Is it possible that the smoke of Satan has entered your washer? You know his smoke is everywhere in Rome these days.
- FrAnt: I will be in Rome next week, can I drop a donation at the church? Is there a box for the baptismal font?
- jjbulano: Unfortunat ely, the beautiful fresh fish reminded me of one of the early music videos – Fish Heads. Now it is stuck in my head.
- APX: The urn looks more like a 16th century chamber pot that was kept behind the curtain of dining rooms. Food for thought.
- Kathleen10: Sabotage! Well, I don’ t know but the timing is odd. Boy that pace of the Rosary would really keep you on your toes. And I love the masculine voices. The church needs more men to...
- mo7: Carbona makes several stain removers each for specific types of stains, they come in small yellow triangle shaped bottles. The ink and pencil stain remover works exceptiona lly well. [Back...
- mysticalrose: Soak the ink in milk, then wash. Alternatel y, rubbing alcohol or ammonia poured into the stain also works.
- MitisVis: Father, Again, I thank you for the guided tour of events. I see you are rubbing elbows with the best people. But I’m curious if it’s possible for you to visit our Pope emeri...
- APX: If you run into stubborn ink stains, brake cleaner takes them out. It also works to clean the ink out of the machine so it doesn’t transfer to other clothes.
- JonPatrick: One thing that helps me get through this craziness is reading Cardinal Sarah̵ 7;s book “The day is now far spent̶ 1; and his emphasis on how we have to change the Church...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I am close to finishing the Bp. Schneider book. It is probably the most edifying work from a Churchman I have seen in a long time.
- mo7: How does an Italian dish get named pajata with a ‘j 8217;? Shouldnt be ‘gi& #8217;, pagiata? [It’ s Roman.]
- ususantiquior: From the USCCB Website *** Start quote *** […] Complement ary Norm: The National Conference of Catholic Bishops, in accord with the prescripti ons of canon 284, hereby decrees...
- KatieL56: I’m so glad you’ re feeling a litter better, Father. Certainly having decent food must help, and also seeing so much beauty (and not so much wreckovati on). I was feeling a...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: Father I need to come with you on one of these trips to Rome. I’ll write you some “jus t in case” ; prescripti ons to fill so you can be top notch in...
- Zephyrinus: BUT, BUT, BUT, FATHER. YOU WERE WEARING A . . . A . . . A . . . CASSOCK !!! YOU MUST HATE VATICAN II.
- Laurelmarycecilia: Dunno̷ 0;.I’ ;m as old as dirt… ;. but, I always wear my wedding ring – it’s a sign of my vocation; during wartime military wear uniforms in public...
- Kenneth Wolfe: Imagine Mother Teresa running to the grocery store in civilian wear? There is never a reason for a priest to be in public without a Roman collar.
- Matthew: There is a Greek Orthodox church in my city and I occasional ly see their priests out and about in cassocks (or whatever the Greek Orthodox use as a cassock). I sat next to their Bishop on...
- djc: When my wife and I were at Grand Portage State Park in Minnesota this summer we spoke with a van full of young nuns in full habits. It was electric for everyone there. They were so frien...
- Kathleen10: Just reading these comments made me really stop for a moment and try to imagine what it must be like to belong to a church that embraces it’s true identity and isn’ t doing...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ACTION ITEM! Baptismal Font for Rome’s Traditional Parish – UPDATE
- ROME DAY 11: Butchers, Roman Rosary, and an Odd Dessert
- ROME DAY 10: Conference, Requiem and Guts
- ASK FATHER: When could priests wear casual attire?
- ROME DAY 9: Campo, Clams and a Canonization Sonnet
- ASK FATHER: How to protest, perhaps in Rome?
- ASK FATHER: Cocktail advice for Our Lady of Victory
- ROME DAY 8: Bridges, Inscriptions, Cheeses
- Mass for Benefactors ,11 Oct, and Requiem
- “Supertradmum” (Marie Dean): R.I.P.
- ROME DAY 7: Weird Amazon Stuff, Death and a Spatula
- The Holy See: Goat Rodeo
- #AmazonSynod, optional celibacy, divorced and remarried priests, and Amoris Laetitia
- ROME DAY 6: Twisty Tower, Tuna, and “Tini”
- “Amazon rite” proposed at Amazon Synod: more condescension to follow
- A priest opines on the effect of optional priestly celibacy
- Amazon Synod and deaconettes?
- ROME DAY 5: Marks, Medieval Lions, and Mussolini Trees
- #AmazonSynod -1st attack on the Priesthood: The Cassock
- INDULGENCE 1st Sunday of October – Supplication to O.L. of Pompeii
- ROME DAY 4: Carbonara, Caravaggio, altar idiocy
- ROME DAY 3: The Bones of Borgia Popes
- Freemasonic, Gnostic, Satanic influences, tactics
- ASK FATHER: How to “activate” or “invoke” the Sacrament of Confirmation?
- Mere days after meeting with Jesuit homosexualist, Francis witnesses pagan ceremony in garden
- ACTION ITEM! Fr. Z calls for prayer, fasting in defense of the Church
- UPDATE – BOOK LENGTH INTERVIEW with Bp. Athanasius Schneider
- ASK FATHER: How should good Catholics deal with homosexuals?
- ROME DAY 2: Greens and greens
- ASK FATHER: Do Popes need permission to consecrate bishops?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Episcopalians
Writers for the Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitic Reporter) and Amerika type Jesuits want us to become like these forward-looking, progressives whom they so idolize. This was sent by a friend. Here’s a smattering with my emphases and comments. From American Conservative: Spin Of The Year [Accompanied … Continue reading
Before anything else let me say: Anglicanorum coetibus! Here’s something slightly interesting. From USA Today: Anglicans suspend Episcopal Church over stance on same-sex marriage The Anglican Communion suspended the Episcopal Church, it’s American branch, from voting and decision-making for three years … Continue reading
WaPo buried hit-and-run female Episcopalian “bishop” but highlighted Catholic lesbian Communion denial
From Newsbusters: WashPost Buries Hit-and-Run Death Caused by Female Episcopalian Bishop; Front-Paged Catholic Lesbian Scandal Which offense is more serious? [A] Denying a lesbian communion at a Catholic funeral? Or [B] a female Episcopalian bishop hitting and killing a bicyclist? … Continue reading
Preliminary comments. Priests are for sacrifice. Sacrifice requires priesthood. If you don’t have sacrifice, you don’t need priests. You can have ministers, instead. Ministers are fine, but they aren’t priests. Second, Anglicans/Episcopalians don’t have priests because they don’t have valid … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: On my journey to the Catholic Church, just prior to deciding to join the Church we investigated a High Anglican church (most of ours are Low, and the High are much more Catholic in feel though … Continue reading
Just think! Over with the Episcopalians, Nancy Pelosi could both vote for public funding of abortion and also be a bishop at the same time! She could even the “Presiding Bishop”! From The Washington Times with my emphases and comments: Nancy … Continue reading
I saw in WaPo that the homosexual Episcopalian ex-bishop of New Hampshire is telling Catholics what their doctrine and discipline should be. This serves as a follow-up to my post about Protestants who deign to determine for Catholics what ordination really is … Continue reading
As we approach the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, I just want to give a big shout out to the folks at St. Thomas Episcopal Church in downtown Washington, DC, for allowing some Catholic girls to jump around in … Continue reading
Unitatis redintegratio applied: Episcopal “Bishop” not seated for installation of Archbp. Cordileone
Rex novus in Aegypto. The other day Archbishop Cordileone was “installed” (a fitting word given the shape of the Cathedral in San Francisco). You may recall that just days before the installation the Episcopalian (Episcopal) “Bishop” of California, Marc Andrus, … Continue reading
If we treated their “doctrine” like they treated ours… imagine the high dudgeon! Here is a story from CNA with my emphases and comments: San Francisco, Calif., Oct 4, 2012 / 12:25 am (CNA).- The Episcopal “bishop“ of California Marc Andrus has … Continue reading
More from the Church of Making Irony Redundant. These guys never fail to amaze. They have an astonishingly complicated array of commission and conventions and meetings and votes… all for about 4 people. And those 4 are going to do … Continue reading
The Anglicans/Episcopalians-to-be-Catholics have their own Personal Ordinariate today. Let there be sung Non nobis and Te Deum. It is called the Ordinariate of the Chair of Peter! As widely predicted Fr. Jeffrey Steenson is the new Ordinary. The document of … Continue reading
Here is an interesting article from ljworld, the Lawrence Journal, about an Episcopalian church returning to a traditional… actually Roman… style liturgy and drawing in young people. Big surprise! My emphases and comments. Archive for Saturday, August 29, 2009Mass appeal: … Continue reading