Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Kevin: I’m bringing all prayer petitions here to the procession of our Blessed Lady in Limerick. They will be included in the recitation of the Holy Rosary this evening. God bless the ICRSP.
- MrsMacD: For CD who hasn’ ;t practiced her faith in years and has terminal cancer. For SM who seems to be more and more relativist and modernist and doesn̵ 7;t seem to really believe her...
- lgreen515: Jesus Freak̵ 1;I am a career consultant . I will do what I can to help if you will message me at lgreen515@ gmail.com. No charge. Lynn
- supercooper: I’ve been thinking about practical steps which can be taken to reform the Church. I think we should reinstate minor orders for married men, and possibly abolish children serving...
- JesusFreak84: Still can’ t get a job, and very rarely am I even making it past “pho ne screens, 8221; not even getting to actual interviews . It’s been 2 years since I lost my...
- Semper Gumby: Anita Moore OP (lay): Thanks for the additional details. There is a dual biography, which I have yet to get to, titled “Kol be and the Kommandant : Two Worlds in Collisi...
- knute: https://ww w.apostoli csistersof saintjohn. com/ My wife was previously a member of the contemplat ive sisters, who share a plot of land near the apostolic sisters. During a visit last year...
- robtbrown: Attachment to Scripture and Tradition is disordered . Attachment to homosexual inclinatio ns is not disordered . Fair is foul, and foul is fair. Hover through the fog and filthy air . ....
- tominrichmond: I’m not sure it’s hard to figure out which latest papal effusion can safely be ignored. The pope’ ;s job is pretty limited: pass on what has been received. If...
- SemperServusDei: Praying the traditiona l Brevarium Romanum, weekly Eucharisti c adoration, and the daily meditation s in “Divine Intimacy” are my main anchors in the storm. And of course knowing...
- R. Gregory: Missionari es of the Word are GREAT!! http://www .missionar iesofthewo rd.com
- Fr Martin Fox: It amazes me that Father Rosica actually wrote that, and then left it in the article. He can complain all he likes about people being mean to him, with repeated rebukes about ̶...
- RosaryRose: Amen Father Z!. Being Catholic is a way of life, not just a service to attend on Sunday. (Happy Feast of the Assumption to all, btw!!). Do not fear! God knows what is happening to us....
- Gabriel Syme: I echo what Kate says above and would recommend The Sister Adorers of the Royal Heart of Jesus, who are part of the Institute of Christ the King. http://www .institute -christ...
- LatinMan: Agree with the Gold Star Poster above. At first, this kind of a thing could distress me, but now I just shrug it off. Not because it isn’t bad, but because it seems par for the course for...
- Argument Clinician: The Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus are a great active order. They run a high school for girls in Saint Louis that has consistent ly been one of solid Catholic formati...
- Bthompson: https://ww w.sisterso fmarymc.or g Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church, (of the Diocese of Spokane, Wa). Amazing and holy women. They share a common origin with the Marian Sisters of...
- MrsMacD: Dear LeeGilbert , If it’s any consolatio n at all, we haven̵ 7;t owned a television for the 16 years we’v e been married. There are few good things to be gleaned from...
- LeeGilbert: Fr. Z , you growl, “Grrr… then MAKE A HOME LIFE.” Well, we did that 35 yrs ago, principall y by throwing out the TV. Practicall y as a direct result, we had a home life. What were we...
- Fr. Kelly: Dear Reader, My heart goes out to you in your search to follow Christ as his bride. It can be truly difficult to find the order that He may be calling you to. Fortunatel y, it sounds...
- Lurker 59: ~LeeGilber t Yes, it is hard because we know the price that might be paid by piping up and saying “Why don’ t we say our rosary now… ” The “no& #8221; that...
- Kathleen10: He found a way to use the word “dis ordered 221; against us. Those words “dis ordered inclinatio ns” pertaining to themselves , is so annoying to these men, and as...
- surritter: Imrahil — Of course I agree with you that sexuality is not a man-made construct. The end of my post was meant to clarify the sarcasm. But specifical ly, the person who put quotes...
- BetsyRheaume: Sisters of our Mother of Divine Grace. https://ww w.sistersm dg.org/ The sisters were part of an order in Washington State that wasn’ ;t in communion with Rome and they left and...
- jeb0001: @JonPatric k, the K2 kit is amazing but rather involved. I have one as my main rig and it works great. Make sure you have a good iron, good solder, and wick with flux on hand if you decide...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- AN OPEN APPEAL TO THE CARDINALS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
- ASK FATHER: Your questions weigh heavily
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: “I now have doubt about sorting the doctrinal from the papal opinion.” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Faithful, active women religious. Where to go?
- Insightful observation about Pope Francis – UPDATES!
- St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, ham radio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media!
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Beans in a bottle, and Beans in a bubble.
- A Tale of Two Churches
- Your Good News – Mass for Benefactors
- Non-Catholics and Catholics alike wonder about changes to CCC 2276 on death penalty
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATE: Photos of seminarians Solemn Mass
- PODCAzT 165: Liturgical battles lost and won… and lost; don Camillo (Part X)
- Super creepy poster for “gay” conference reveals agenda
- Controversy over the Holy Father’s substitution of CCC 2267 continues.
- Omnium Gatherum: Francis falling, beans in flasks, Fishwrap’s Defarge, sexual abuse by nuns
- ASK FATHER: Invalidly married niece coming to visit with husband. What to do?
- ASK FATHER: Our Lady, Queen of the Clergy – “Young priests would like to know more…”
- “Association of the Lord’s Body with the needs of our bodies, and of his Blood with the needs of our souls…”
- “Twelve priests celebrated the traditional Mass for the first time during…”
- Archd. BOSTON – @bostoncatholic – Seminary and Cathedral
- WDTPRS – 19th Ordinary Sunday: trusting audacity and harrowing consolation
- US Navy and China faceoffs – disturbing
- The Goat Rodeo Continues: correction of French text of CCC 2267
- Vigil and the Tears of St Lawrence
- VIDEO Interview: Bp. Gainer of @HBGDiocese about Traditional Roman Rite and vocations
- PODCAzT 164: Open Letter From A Young Priest To Bishops
- Tradition is about to be totally cleared ‘cleared through customs’
- UPDATE: How I feel right now.
- Special message, prayer from Card. Burke for @fatherz readers and others
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Episcopalians
Writers for the Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitic Reporter) and Amerika type Jesuits want us to become like these forward-looking, progressives whom they so idolize.
This was sent by a friend. Here’s a smattering with my emphases and comments.
From American Conservative:
Spin Of The Year [Accompanied by a pic … Continue reading
Before anything else let me say: Anglicanorum coetibus!
Here’s something slightly interesting.
From USA Today:
Anglicans suspend Episcopal Church over stance on same-sex marriage
The Anglican Communion suspended the Episcopal Church, it’s American branch, from voting and decision-making for three years on Thursday over its … Continue reading
WaPo buried hit-and-run female Episcopalian “bishop” but highlighted Catholic lesbian Communion denial
WashPost Buries Hit-and-Run Death Caused by Female Episcopalian Bishop; Front-Paged Catholic Lesbian Scandal
Which offense is more serious? [A] Denying a lesbian communion at a Catholic funeral? Or [B] a female Episcopalian bishop hitting and killing a bicyclist? The Washington … Continue reading
Preliminary comments. Priests are for sacrifice. Sacrifice requires priesthood. If you don’t have sacrifice, you don’t need priests. You can have ministers, instead. Ministers are fine, but they aren’t priests.
Second, Anglicans/Episcopalians don’t have priests because they don’t have valid orders. … Continue reading
From a reader…
On my journey to the Catholic Church, just prior to deciding to join the Church we investigated a High Anglican church (most of ours are Low, and the High are much more Catholic in feel though not as … Continue reading
Just think! Over with the Episcopalians, Nancy Pelosi could both vote for public funding of abortion and also be a bishop at the same time! She could even the “Presiding Bishop”!
From The Washington Times with my emphases and comments:
Nancy Pelosi has embraced … Continue reading
I saw in WaPo that the homosexual Episcopalian ex-bishop of New Hampshire is telling Catholics what their doctrine and discipline should be.
This serves as a follow-up to my post about Protestants who deign to determine for Catholics what ordination really is and … Continue reading
As we approach the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, I just want to give a big shout out to the folks at St. Thomas Episcopal Church in downtown Washington, DC, for allowing some Catholic girls to jump around in … Continue reading
Unitatis redintegratio applied: Episcopal “Bishop” not seated for installation of Archbp. Cordileone
Rex novus in Aegypto.
The other day Archbishop Cordileone was “installed” (a fitting word given the shape of the Cathedral in San Francisco). You may recall that just days before the installation the Episcopalian (Episcopal) “Bishop” of California, Marc Andrus, wrote … Continue reading
If we treated their “doctrine” like they treated ours… imagine the high dudgeon!
Here is a story from CNA with my emphases and comments:
San Francisco, Calif., Oct 4, 2012 / 12:25 am (CNA).- The Episcopal “bishop“ of California Marc Andrus has written a … Continue reading
More from the Church of Making Irony Redundant.
These guys never fail to amaze. They have an astonishingly complicated array of commission and conventions and meetings and votes… all for about 4 people. And those 4 are going to do what … Continue reading
The Anglicans/Episcopalians-to-be-Catholics have their own Personal Ordinariate today.
Let there be sung Non nobis and Te Deum.
It is called the Ordinariate of the Chair of Peter!
As widely predicted Fr. Jeffrey Steenson is the new Ordinary.
The document of erection of the Ordinariate … Continue reading
Here is an interesting article from ljworld, the Lawrence Journal, about an Episcopalian church returning to a traditional… actually Roman… style liturgy and drawing in young people. Big surprise!
My emphases and comments.
Archive for Saturday, August 29, 2009Mass appeal: Old-style … Continue reading