Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Nan: I have twice seen a priest chase down someone who walked away without consuming. It isn’ t an issue at my Byzantine church since we receive both species on the tongue, by spoon. I̵...
- Nan: I assume you used your indoor drill sergeant voice?
- monstrance: Looking at the city scape – What is that Ginormass structure on the right ?
- Andy_P: Funny, that not two days ago I wrote the parish pastor and associate pastor about abuses like this. There was some guy acting weird as Mass last Sunday and I saw he received in the hand but...
- Andy_P: Reading all which you posted Fr. I’d echo 1) the lack of catechesis of the parents and 2) their conscience s did not like what those words, which to me were very generous, were making...
- Benedict Joseph: In the final analysis this pontificat e critiques itself with its cast of characters . To that extent only it is entirely unambiguou s and without artifice.
- Kathleen10: Chris P. Many, many thanks for that. A thing of beauty.
- OldProfK: Another data point indicating that good satire is no longer possible. Father Guido Sarducci at L’Osservat ore Romano would now be an improvemen t.
- stuart reiss: And as in the former Soviet Union they used to say; there’s no truth in Isvestia (news) and no news in Pravda (truth). And so in L’Osservat ore Romano nothing occurs: and in Avven...
- jflare29: “Not acceptable yet you reject a viable solution.& #8221; I’ve already explained that I don’ t consider it a viable solution, AA. I have never seen ushers stand guard...
- arga: The priests who dreamed this up should be locked in a room and forced to listen to “Tas te and See,” ; played continuous ly for 72 hours.
- Fr_Sotelo: Under #2 of the second full paragraph, the correct quote is “We must NOT call what is bad good… ;”
- Fr_Sotelo: FatherR 17;s homily was theologica lly sound, no doubt. But as a matter of prudence, it was a fail. The loss of a child, especially so young, occasions an unspeakabl e grief in the...
- Dimitri_Cavalli: I’ve correspond ed with Andrea Tornielli over the years. We belong to the same informal group of writers and researcher s who defend Pope Pius XII. Tornielli wrote and...
- ChrisP: O Gracious Lord, Master and Power of all nature, when all perfidy is gathered at the same stone table, show us I beg, how good a shot you are from outer space̷ 0;..
- oldCatholigirl: We had a beautiful Rorate Mass (EF) with procession on Saturday at our little parish in Kalamazoo with its “Ora tory in Formation& #8221;! Followed by a rollicking breakf...
- Hidden One: … sanctifice tur Nomen Tuum… ;
- OrangeBlossom: Our Lady of Mount Carmel is near the parish that we attend. I have read Father La CuestaR 17;s homily. I am a wife and a mother of seven children ages 19 to 3. I found great...
- FrAnt: …Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done… ;
- Clinton: Personnel is policy. These people are being promoted and given access because they are exactly what Certain People want, and others are sacked or sidelined because their views (and their...
- DMorgan: And it goes on. I cannot see a soft landing to this free fall short of Divine interventi on Father. And yet, The Perennial teachings still hold.
- monstrance: What’s motivates a bishop to behave in this manner ? To whom or what is he catering to ? A priest at my previous parish demanded that the Eucharist was received in the hand. If you...
- JustaSinner: Vatican coup d’etat!
- HvonBlumenthal: Can any expert in doctrinal history confirm my suspicion that Francis is the first Pope to use the phrase (or even the concept of) “my magisteriu m?” And if it is “his” magiste...
- grumpyoldCatholic: Thank you Father. To me this reinforces going to confession … I have to admit that I have had a checkered past. I can sleep at night. The protestant s don’ t know...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 18: The damage liturgical ‘expertise’ has done to us!
- More news from Rome concerning communications
- My View For Awhile: Penultimate Edition
- Development of Doctrine? Fr. Hunwicke breaks it down barney style.
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 17: Conscience and You
- ASK FATHER: Even after continuous sacrileges, Bishop forces Communion in the hand
- A Rorate Mass for UW students
- Priest preaches at funeral, world falls on his head – UPDATE – HOMILY TEXT
- 17 Dec: St. Daniel and the Furnace Boys
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 16: O Antiphons
- Advent Penance Service Idiocy
- POLL: Gaudete Rose Vestments and Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Pastor says “Gaudete Sunday, is no more”
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 15: Joyful Longing, Longing Joy
- UPDATE: Sending snail-mail 2018 Christmas cards
- My View For Awhile: Limping Homeward
- Newly born religious groups, strangled in their cradles
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 14: LIBERALS!
- WDTPRS – Gaudete Sunday: “good news” of the chaff’s destiny in “unquenchable fire”
- Fast growth in Paganism, Wicca (the joke that is no joke)
- VIDEO: The new church of Gower Abbey (and the Extraordinary Ordinary)
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 13: The Dirty Bucket
- Priests and bishops who are probably going to Hell
- End of year 2018 charitable giving and YOU. A suggestion.
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 12: Patience
- Holy Face of Manoppello, Sankt Gallen, “designer babies”
- Card. Müller’s interview about Church and theology in Germany
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 11: Hark! a gladsome voice is thrilling
- TERRIFIC! School Choir accomplished, back to back, Solemn Roman and Eastern liturgy!
- NYC Day 1: Of Borscht and Buttons
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Episcopalians
Writers for the Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitic Reporter) and Amerika type Jesuits want us to become like these forward-looking, progressives whom they so idolize.
This was sent by a friend. Here’s a smattering with my emphases and comments.
From American Conservative:
Spin Of The Year [Accompanied by a pic … Continue reading
Before anything else let me say: Anglicanorum coetibus!
Here’s something slightly interesting.
From USA Today:
Anglicans suspend Episcopal Church over stance on same-sex marriage
The Anglican Communion suspended the Episcopal Church, it’s American branch, from voting and decision-making for three years on Thursday over its … Continue reading
WaPo buried hit-and-run female Episcopalian “bishop” but highlighted Catholic lesbian Communion denial
WashPost Buries Hit-and-Run Death Caused by Female Episcopalian Bishop; Front-Paged Catholic Lesbian Scandal
Which offense is more serious? [A] Denying a lesbian communion at a Catholic funeral? Or [B] a female Episcopalian bishop hitting and killing a bicyclist? The Washington … Continue reading
Preliminary comments. Priests are for sacrifice. Sacrifice requires priesthood. If you don’t have sacrifice, you don’t need priests. You can have ministers, instead. Ministers are fine, but they aren’t priests.
Second, Anglicans/Episcopalians don’t have priests because they don’t have valid orders. … Continue reading
From a reader…
On my journey to the Catholic Church, just prior to deciding to join the Church we investigated a High Anglican church (most of ours are Low, and the High are much more Catholic in feel though not as … Continue reading
Just think! Over with the Episcopalians, Nancy Pelosi could both vote for public funding of abortion and also be a bishop at the same time! She could even the “Presiding Bishop”!
From The Washington Times with my emphases and comments:
Nancy Pelosi has embraced … Continue reading
I saw in WaPo that the homosexual Episcopalian ex-bishop of New Hampshire is telling Catholics what their doctrine and discipline should be.
This serves as a follow-up to my post about Protestants who deign to determine for Catholics what ordination really is and … Continue reading
As we approach the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, I just want to give a big shout out to the folks at St. Thomas Episcopal Church in downtown Washington, DC, for allowing some Catholic girls to jump around in … Continue reading
Unitatis redintegratio applied: Episcopal “Bishop” not seated for installation of Archbp. Cordileone
Rex novus in Aegypto.
The other day Archbishop Cordileone was “installed” (a fitting word given the shape of the Cathedral in San Francisco). You may recall that just days before the installation the Episcopalian (Episcopal) “Bishop” of California, Marc Andrus, wrote … Continue reading
If we treated their “doctrine” like they treated ours… imagine the high dudgeon!
Here is a story from CNA with my emphases and comments:
San Francisco, Calif., Oct 4, 2012 / 12:25 am (CNA).- The Episcopal “bishop“ of California Marc Andrus has written a … Continue reading
More from the Church of Making Irony Redundant.
These guys never fail to amaze. They have an astonishingly complicated array of commission and conventions and meetings and votes… all for about 4 people. And those 4 are going to do what … Continue reading
The Anglicans/Episcopalians-to-be-Catholics have their own Personal Ordinariate today.
Let there be sung Non nobis and Te Deum.
It is called the Ordinariate of the Chair of Peter!
As widely predicted Fr. Jeffrey Steenson is the new Ordinary.
The document of erection of the Ordinariate … Continue reading
Here is an interesting article from ljworld, the Lawrence Journal, about an Episcopalian church returning to a traditional… actually Roman… style liturgy and drawing in young people. Big surprise!
My emphases and comments.
Archive for Saturday, August 29, 2009Mass appeal: Old-style … Continue reading