When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- Martlet said Never, ever drink grappa? I suppose that means I...
- Fr Z’s Blog | exHORTATIO said […] talking and the fact that he will never...
- govmatt said While I cant’ weigh in from the Priest persp...
- guans said @Lucas I believe this is where: http://www.cukiers...
- Imrahil said Dear Cobbler, very true, only while you may find m...
- Muv said Here is an interesting potted history of St. Cuthb...
- DonL said I suspect some imagine the “seal” to b...
- pmullane said The Excellent Fr Dylan James has released as podca...
- q7swallows said GypsyMom & yatzer: I can sympathize! I grew u...
- G1j said Easter 1964 from Pope Paul VI was the last season...
- Hank Igitur said I have an Agnus Dei blessed by Pope Paul VI. My un...
- jflare said “…Nor did I know I had to be in a skir...
- cathdeac said Thank you, dear Fr. Trigilio, for your clear expla...
- mpolo said Of course, if you have everybody standing for the...
- Wiktor said Well, I rarely hear them brief, more like 5 mins a...
- Elizabeth D said Andia, there are some places that have an appropri...
- andia said Kerry, Sadly no- I recently tried to go to a TL...
- Mac_in_Alberta said I just want to say that one reason to read Fr. Z...
- CharlesG said In many parishes I’ve been to, the announcem...
- Augustine Thompson O.P. said Hmm. Whatever the practice in the other Eastern C...
- Deacon Bill said In the past I assisted regularly as deacon in both...
- CAR said LOL Father on this post. Instead of my veil, perha...
- SanSan said ok stop already!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
- benedetta said “But Father, what’s wrong with women d...
- iamlucky13 said More input on what reasonably could be considered...
- Bea said @Priests wife I’m glad you clarified that. I...
- The Cobbler said andia, for what it’s worth, men at TLMs also...
- benedetta said Jean Marie, It is from anecdotes such as yours tha...
- priests wife said ….I’m glad I finished my tea before I...
- Grumpy Beggar said Giuseppe says: “It is hard to envision a so...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Can a penitent “release” priest from Seal of Confession?
- ASK FATHER: The timing of announcments in the Novus Ordo
- INTERNET PRAYER: CZECH and SERBIAN
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!”
- ASK FATHER: Getting waxen “Agnus Dei” from schismatics
- ASK FATHER: The proper way for women to wear a chapel veil?
- ASK FATHER: Latin deacons in Eastern Divine Liturgy
- ASK FATHER: Can’t find a confirmed godparent within the family
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig Edition
- Rome – Day 5: Galleries and Lessons
- Mass for Benefactors
- ASK FATHER: Funerals for those who commit suicide
- Crazy talk from an Italian theologian… just the beginning of crazy
- Card. George’s galero raised to the rafters!
- Rome – Day 4: Of turtles and dead mice
- ASK FATHER: To whom does Seal of Confession apply?
- ASK FATHER: Should we open our business on Sunday?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Concerning concelebration
- Some Monday Vatican drilling
- Rome – Day 3: Sunday edition
- “Oh give me a home….” Nuns on the range.
- ASK FATHER: Marrying first civilly, later sacramentally
- Rome – Day 2: Mozarabic Edition
- ASK FATHER: Is baptism by fake women ‘priests’ valid?
- Wherein Fr. Z rants and cracks the whip
- Of a “gay Mass” sermon, the Poles, and a useful marriage resource for priests
- ASK FATHER: After the final blessing, Father says….
- WDTPRS Ascension – Our humanity, “raised beyond the heights of archangels”
- Pontifical Masses
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: evil
Today the Pope spoke during his non-Magisterial, off-the-cuff fervorino at morning Mass in strong terms not just about generic, impersonal “evil”, but about the Enemy of your soul, the Devil.
“We too are tempted, we too are the target of … Continue reading
NYC MAYOR-ELECT DE BLASIO PROMISES TO WIPE OUT CRISIS PREGNANCY CENTERS
The city in which 41 percent of pregnancies end in abortion has elected a new mayor who is pledging to partner with Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers to … Continue reading
Baby by baby.
Talk about a new way of thinking about “emanations from penumbras”!
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker Signs Bill for Ultrasound Before Abortion
by Steven Ertelt
Today, Governor Scott Walker signed Senate Bill 206 (Sonya’s Law) into law. This important new law … Continue reading
Pope Francis speaks about the devil often – probably more often than any other pope in modern history.
From News.va, part of what he said:
Pope Francis further developed this reflection. “When we prefer to gossip, gossip about others, criticize others- these … Continue reading
Here’s a note of special interest to Catholic quislings who supported President Obama in both elections.
Obama tells NARAL activists to ‘celebrate’ Roe, says ‘I couldn’t be prouder’ of them
WASHINGTON, D.C., February 7, 2013, (LifeSiteNews.com) – President Barack Obama addressed … Continue reading
Planned Parenthood is evil. Planned Parenthood is evil to its roots.
From Life News:
Planned Parenthood Sets Up 40 Days of Prayer for Abortion
by Steven Ertelt
A local Planned Parenthood abortion business in California is copycatting the 40 Days for Life campaign, which … Continue reading
Excerpts from the Holy Father’s Wednesday Audience via the site of Vatican Radio:
Today there is “a certain callousness of the soul towards the power of evil, an insensitivity to all the evil in the world: we do not want to … Continue reading
From one side….
And from the evil side….