When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- Rachel Pineda said Thank you very much for taking the time to post th...
- samgr said The Jewish feast of Shavuot, also sometimes called...
- Tradcarlos said I am sorry but I stopped watching DD for the profa...
- chantgirl said Elizabeth D- Amy Sly came up with a great “A...
- Charivari Rob said I’ll echo Anthtan. The notion of “As with a...
- jameeka said Gee, it seems as though there might be enough to m...
- Cincinnati Priest said Didn’t read Daredevil as a kid (mostly just...
- Charles E Flynn said If the “politically correct” people wi...
- anthtan said re: Daredevil is Catholic For those who wish to in...
- Franklinwasright said I would like to thank everyone who prayed for my n...
- Suburbanbanshee said Cafea Fruor – I spent a year or so in a cycl...
- Netmilsmom said I love Daredevil! The second episode with the one...
- Suburbanbanshee said KateD- Yes, there have been several versions of Sc...
- Maximilia said KateD – I’m not sure Daredevil is an a...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear KateD, I draw a different conclusion from the...
- Elizabeth D said Fr Z, how about some kind of a CafePress plaque or...
- ofHippo said This is like air. Thank you from the bottom of th...
- CatholicCoffee said Cafea Fruor, that is hugely helpful, thank you so...
- introibo said KateD, Scarlet Witch is not a witch nor performing...
- aviva meriam said I will pray for all of these intentions. Please,...
- msc said Wow. Wonderful: thank you so much. Indeed, it was...
- albizzi said For the (formerly) catholic Eire which, like a lot...
- Imrahil said Commercial break? Interesting observation. And: Wh...
- The SPL Weekly: Issue ? 16 said […] Wherein Fr. Z rants and cracks the whip...
- rcg said I like the show. Not Catholic propaganda, nor bas...
- rcg said This is my favourite sort of post.
- skyfire said Charlie Cox (Matt Murdock/Daredevil) is a Catholic...
- The Ubiquitous said It isn’t just since Disney bought Marvel. Ma...
- KateD said Hi q7!!!! – I agree. A word-smith is too cl...
- KateD said OH NO! Not Marvel! We’ve just sworn off al...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- 3rd Glorious Mystery: Descent of the Holy Spirit
- Netflix’s “Daredevil” is Catholic
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- My View For Awhile: Tuna Edition
- Great moments with Card. Sarah!
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday (2002MR): Our holy selvage and our salvation
- ASK FATHER: Can a penitent “release” priest from Seal of Confession?
- ASK FATHER: The timing of announcments in the Novus Ordo
- INTERNET PRAYER: CZECH and SERBIAN
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!”
- ASK FATHER: Getting waxen “Agnus Dei” from schismatics
- ASK FATHER: The proper way for women to wear a chapel veil?
- ASK FATHER: Latin deacons in Eastern Divine Liturgy
- ASK FATHER: Can’t find a confirmed godparent within the family
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig Edition
- Rome – Day 5: Galleries and Lessons
- Mass for Benefactors
- ASK FATHER: Funerals for those who commit suicide
- Crazy talk from an Italian theologian… just the beginning of crazy
- Card. George’s galero raised to the rafters!
- Rome – Day 4: Of turtles and dead mice
- ASK FATHER: To whom does Seal of Confession apply?
- ASK FATHER: Should we open our business on Sunday?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Concerning concelebration
- Some Monday Vatican drilling
- Rome – Day 3: Sunday edition
- “Oh give me a home….” Nuns on the range.
- ASK FATHER: Marrying first civilly, later sacramentally
- Rome – Day 2: Mozarabic Edition
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: excommunication
Liberals, living in Nephelokokkygia, think that Pope Francis is “teachable“. When he confounds their expectations and does something Catholic, they say, “He’ll come around.” When he makes sharp negative remarks about radical feminists, they respond, “We’ll guide him him.”
And then it … Continue reading
Here is your Sr. Margaret Farley update!
Yes, she managed to get back into the news. Go to the site of the Cardinal Newman Society, whose feed I am delighted to have on my side bar. Check it out.
And check this … Continue reading
Yesterday I wrote (HERE) about the Australian now-former priest, Greg Reynolds, who received a decree of excommunication. The excommunication was issued under the aegis of Pope Francis.
This has sent liberals into a tail spin.
After all, isn’t Pope Francis supposed to … Continue reading
“Pope Francis is just, like, he’s just the most wonderfullest Pope, like, EHvur!”
So, the liberals gush, completely ignoring what Francis is about.
And so we turn out attention down-under, where a loose cannon of a priest ran amok for years, eventually … Continue reading
Prof. Ed Peters, canonist (whom I still think is wrong about a question concerning Mass obligations – but I digress), has posted something instructive about catholic politicians who truly need some medicinal help from Holy Mother Church.
We enter in medias … Continue reading
I am going to keep the combox on moderation.
A site HERE is reporting rumor that…
I have been informed of an upcoming clandestine meeting of clerics who were recently expelled from the FSSPX. These priests were invited to leave the Society after … Continue reading
From the blog of The Canonical Defender, Dr. Edward Peters, comes this:
Some thoughts occasioned by Bp. Wcela’s essay on female deacons
by Dr. Edward Peters
Writing in America magazine, Bp. Emil Wcela (ret. aux. Rockville Center) is encouraging wider public debate on … Continue reading
From VIS and Vatican Radio (Bolletino in Italian):
CDF issues declaration on canonical status of “so-called Greek-Catholic bishops of Pidhirci”
Given below is the text of a declaration issued today by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith concerning the canonical status … Continue reading
From a reader:
Some relatives told me they were considering joining the Polish National Catholic Church. I see from what you have previously written they have valid sacraments (that’s good) but they don’t seem to be in union with our Pope … Continue reading