"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Gratias said Welcome back Father Z, we really need you. Yesterd...
- Urs said ‘What kind of god….?’(little g n...
- Clinton said “BTW … it sure took a long time to get...
- katholos said Frjim, I have attended the weekday Divine Liturgy...
- Venerator Sti Lot said acardnal, Thank you for the link! 22 November will...
- KateD said Here’s a video of college kids signing a a p...
- McCall1981 said I was surprised to read that Card Wuerl has appare...
- Luvadoxi said Nomen-it looks like there was a bit of a cut in th...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Meanwhile, on the ‘consanguinity’ fro...
- frjim4321 said At a clergy gathering today the discussion was aro...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said I learn a lot reading the back and forth on these...
- Elizabeth M said Dear Father, Your friends in Napa clearly did you...
- aviva meriam said Have any of you spent time in the TEEN section of...
- Cincinnati Priest said I couldn’t help but feel a twinge of sadness...
- Charles E Flynn said The literature for the industrial design field som...
- Mojoron said Not to mention, the priest may be one of the dead...
- Random Friar said You scared me. I thought Donald Cozzens was made...
- NomenDeiAdmirabileEst said Nice footage, though why is he not making the sign...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear Gabriel Syne, Above you asked msc to prove th...
- joan ellen said Thank you, AnnTherese, for your words are the same...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear Katholos, The conditions for reconciliation w...
- pelerin said When I noticed that my local butcher (in England)...
- Gerard Plourde said Any road to reconciliation is going to be long and...
- katholos said I agree with Father Z that we need what the SSPX h...
- thomas tucker said @yatzer: that’s interesting. My father was...
- Bob B. said Reminds me of the Four Chaplains (aka: Immortal Ch...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Have a safe, uneventful flight back, Father.
- StJude said Oh my that all looks delicious!!!!
- AnnTherese said War after war after war… such great sorrow s...
- ghp95134 said Marissa writes, “…If I remember correc...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- My View For Awhile – Heading Home Edition
- Final Report of the recent Synod now available in English
- VIDEO: WWII – Shipboard Mass – 12 Feb 1945 before Iwo Jima
- Rome – Day 10: Last Day
- ASK FATHER: Donations for confessions
- ASK FATHER: All Souls Sunday – Gloria? Creed? What does the ‘Universal Ordo’ really say?
- Card. George on liturgical translation
- Coming to a neighborhood near you?
- Rome – Day 9: Caravaggio and Tramezzini and Uccelli
- Juxtaposition for your consideration
- ASK FATHER: How to support young priest whose pastor doesn’t want the TLM?
- Cybersecurity Threat Lurking On Your Phone
- ASK FATHER: Can a godparent marry a godchild? Confirmation sponsor a confirmand?
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio stuff
- Wymyn At Wyrk. “Priestesses” doing their thing. Hijinx ensues.
- Pondering Francis: Part II
- Rome – Day 8: INTESTINES!
- Pope Francis: “the family is being bastardized”
- ASK FATHER: Gloria and Creed for All Souls on Sunday?
- UPDATE: Did Card. Burke criticize Pope Francis? (Of course not, but the lexically challenged might not get that.)
- Explaining Burke Derangement Syndrome
- Not just new sins, but new categories of sins!
- Just Too Cool: Vatican Library manuscripts digitized, online
- Italian bishop forbids people to receive sacraments from SSPX
- Rome – Day 7: Umbrian Edition
- VIDEO: must watch! No. Really!
- Pope Francis doesn’t have to “break the Church”
- WDTPRS: Christ the King (1962MR) – “no hugs and fluffy lambs”
- Rome – Day 6: “FALL BACK!” Edition – REQUEST FOR PRAYERS
- Robin Hooders saving people from parking fines
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: excommunication
I am going to keep the combox on moderation.
A site HERE is reporting rumor that…
I have been informed of an upcoming clandestine meeting of clerics who were recently expelled from the FSSPX. These priests were invited to leave the Society after … Continue reading
From the blog of The Canonical Defender, Dr. Edward Peters, comes this:
Some thoughts occasioned by Bp. Wcela’s essay on female deacons
by Dr. Edward Peters
Writing in America magazine, Bp. Emil Wcela (ret. aux. Rockville Center) is encouraging wider public debate on … Continue reading
From VIS and Vatican Radio (Bolletino in Italian):
CDF issues declaration on canonical status of “so-called Greek-Catholic bishops of Pidhirci”
Given below is the text of a declaration issued today by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith concerning the canonical status … Continue reading
From a reader:
Some relatives told me they were considering joining the Polish National Catholic Church. I see from what you have previously written they have valid sacraments (that’s good) but they don’t seem to be in union with our Pope … Continue reading
Remember presidential candidate Newt Gingrich’s disturbing remark about “implantation”? I wanted a clarification about that comment… coming as it did from a two-year, and therefore recent, convert to Holy Church.
In the meantime, Mr. Gingrich as made a clarification. HERE at … Continue reading
From a reader:
This morning I attended a Mass that was celebrated by a VERY old priest; just a simple daily Mass, nothing fancy, no smells or bells.
When it came time for the prayers of consecration, it seemed as if the priest could … Continue reading
This is the most important thing I will ever write on this blog. If I get nothing else through to any reader here, long-time visitor or new, I would want it to be this.
There is no sin that we … Continue reading
Via Catholic World News:
Priests hearing confessions at World Youth Day have been given the authority to lift the excommunication of penitents who have been involved in abortions.
Cardinal Antonio Maria Rouco Varela of Madrid granted that authority to all the priests … Continue reading
The Canonical Defender, Ed Peters, has comments on can. 915, a very important canon which has in the opinion of many been little observed.
Go to Dr. Peters page for his bit about Robert Mugabe’s reception of Communion at the Mass … Continue reading