Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Martlet said First off, I really like Bishop Oster. But second...
- Benedict Joseph said Frequently we now see bishops — and popes, a...
- Andy Lucy said You know, Father, if you keep writing posts like t...
- The Cobbler said “The little cape over the shoulders of the h...
- Prayerful said German Mass attendances have dived. Yet the piles...
- Prayerful said I could never watch Jon Stewart. His smugness coul...
- The Cobbler said “Parco means, “to spare, have mercy, forbear...
- TWF said These German bishops, like other liberal Christian...
- Prayerful said This is interesting. I honestly haven’t seen...
- Kathleen10 said haha, “When RENEW strikes…”. I r...
- Prayerful said German bishops have an arrogance to them, not from...
- joan ellen said I like this ‘treatment’ of mercy and j...
- benedetta said Evidently America’s “liberals” j...
- joan ellen said Nice job with your favorite things, Fr. Z! Could y...
- The Masked Chicken said [Revised – I read the opening remark of the...
- Alaina said Thank you, Father
- Supertradmum said We are supposed to protect the Church, Traductora....
- Alaina said I commented about this situation the other day und...
- David Rummelhoff said If you’re interested, Round 2: http://epicpe...
- Samuel J. Howard said Based on anecdotal evidence, it seems that a Greek...
- Traductora said I’m in Spain at the moment, and the Church i...
- The Masked Chicken said Oye, I had a comment on this subject, but I think...
- The Masked Chicken said There is a lot more to the Blue Moon than meets th...
- The Masked Chicken said Wikipedia would have you believe that the use of t...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Bryan D. Boyle says: new antenna mast Yes. I am d...
- Bryan D. Boyle said Is that your new antenna mast you were looking to...
- Alaina said Fishwrap makes a call to preserve Catholic educati...
- THREEHEARTS said I find it so wryly amusing. So many acclaim Divine...
- pmullane said “Winters, who has been with the school for e...
- 10 More Things You Might Be Doing Wrong at Mass - EpicPew said […] be doing wrong at Mass. Without further...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Fr. Terence Ryan, CSP, approves of lesbian marriages (54)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS (32)
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – POWER! (30)
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass (27)
- Camille Paglia strikes again! (24)
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching (21)
- Liberals – unmasked (19)
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes (14)
- What I’m dealing with today (11)
- ASK FATHER: Gregorian Masses (11)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s cassocks with shoulder capes
- MUNICH: “Married” lesbian remains head of day care center
- A Scrat Interlude
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail & ASK FATHER: Catholic and Orthodox wedding question
- WDTPRS – 10th Sunday after Pentecost: Mercy does not mean turning a blind eye to Justice
- Blue Moon
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching
- What I’m dealing with today
- Camille Paglia strikes again!
- Day 2: Canon Law Conference – VIDEO greetings to you readers from Card. Burke
- Liberals – unmasked
- Day 1: Canon Law Conference (and a video message)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: Gregorian Masses
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass
- And the winner of The Most Meanfull Job is…
- HUNGARY: Juventutem summer retreat
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – POWER!
- Fr. Terence Ryan, CSP, approves of lesbian marriages
- ASK FATHER: Hand clapping during TLM
- Friday Fun
- Misquotation of St. John Paul II’s ‘Familaris consortio’ in ‘Instrumentum Laboris’ of upcoming Synod
- WDTPRS – 17th Ordinary Sunday: Demon-Kevlar and Sin-Teflon
- WDTPRS – 9th Sunday after Pentecost: God, absolutely distant, absolutely near
- Gallup Poll shows Pope Francis is not so “Laudato” these days
- Wherein a friend is promoted!
- Happy 500th Birthday St. Philip Neri
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: excommunication
Here is something that the Fishwrap won’t be happy to report. German sources report that Pope Francis, the first Pope who ever smiled, the first Pope who ever kissed a baby, the first Pope since … well, some nice Pope … Continue reading
Cincinnati: Wymyn stage a fake ordination at Episcopalian church. Reminder of we should do about it.
Some wymyn played priest the other day in Cincinnati. My friend Fr. Martin Fox, a real priest in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, is all over this. What I found curious about this is that the news report at WCPO TV … Continue reading
Liberals, living in Nephelokokkygia, think that Pope Francis is “teachable“. When he confounds their expectations and does something Catholic, they say, “He’ll come around.” When he makes sharp negative remarks about radical feminists, they respond, “We’ll guide him him.” And then … Continue reading
Here is your Sr. Margaret Farley update! Yes, she managed to get back into the news. Go to the site of the Cardinal Newman Society, whose feed I am delighted to have on my side bar. Check it out. And … Continue reading
Yesterday I wrote (HERE) about the Australian now-former priest, Greg Reynolds, who received a decree of excommunication. The excommunication was issued under the aegis of Pope Francis. This has sent liberals into a tail spin. After all, isn’t Pope Francis … Continue reading
“Pope Francis is just, like, he’s just the most wonderfullest Pope, like, EHvur!” So, the liberals gush, completely ignoring what Francis is about. And so we turn out attention down-under, where a loose cannon of a priest ran amok for … Continue reading
Prof. Ed Peters, canonist (whom I still think is wrong about a question concerning Mass obligations – but I digress), has posted something instructive about catholic politicians who truly need some medicinal help from Holy Mother Church. We enter in … Continue reading
Sigh… I am going to keep the combox on moderation. A site HERE is reporting rumor that… I have been informed of an upcoming clandestine meeting of clerics who were recently expelled from the FSSPX. These priests were invited to leave … Continue reading
From the blog of The Canonical Defender, Dr. Edward Peters, comes this: Some thoughts occasioned by Bp. Wcela’s essay on female deacons by Dr. Edward Peters Writing in America magazine, Bp. Emil Wcela (ret. aux. Rockville Center) is encouraging wider … Continue reading
From VIS and Vatican Radio (Bolletino in Italian): CDF issues declaration on canonical status of “so-called Greek-Catholic bishops of Pidhirci” Given below is the text of a declaration issued today by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith concerning the … Continue reading