Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- HvonBlumenthal: Veritas vincit It is very difficult to form a view on these issues in the abstract. May I suggest you find a TLM and go to it for a period of time, say three months, and you will...
- veritas vincit: For the life of me, when alternativ es for the TLM that are loyal to the magisteriu m of the Church, like the FSSP, are available, I don’ t understand why people adhere to the...
- TonyO: Fr. Jackson, the SSPX leaders (starting with Archbishop Lefevre, have repeatedly articulate d their disagreeme nt with the Vatican II document Dignitatis Humanae on religious liberty: they...
- MrsMacD: Dear Masked Chicken I in no way meant to imply that the Church did not have the power to stipulate anything, only that the Church, if you research carefully, does in fact agree that there...
- danielinnola: This is great news. Only good can come of this. I wish the same approach coul
- cantus: Didn’ ;t George Carlin have a skit about this?
- TonyO: 2) If I can go into a secular department store during the Christmas season and hear in their background music some secular pop musician singing a standard Christmas carol and getting the...
- The Masked Chicken: Dear MrsMacD, The Church has a right, under the keys, to add whatever stipulatio ns to a sacramenta l that it seems fit. The reason for the requiremen ts, I suspect, was for the...
- Uxixu: The biggest problem with the novus ordo is that blatant abuses such as clown Masses, etc don’ t happen often enough and the reality is quite banal and uninspirin g of either devot...
- Uxixu: FSSP priests are not forced to say the Novus Ordo. Most know very little about it, they’ ;re not taught it in the seminary and don’ t have the new books are not familiar with the...
- HvonBlumenthal: Don’t you find it odd that people are ultrascrup ulous about the canonical situation of SSPX but cheerfully go to Masses which are rife with liturgical abuses? And then it is...
- adriennep: Please explain PCED and when exactly they affirmed it’s okay to fulfill Sunday obligation . We have a problem in Archdioces e of Portland with SSPX continuing Masses every weekend in a...
- MrsMacD: Dear Tina in Ashburn Our Lady appeared to St. Simon Stock on July 16th 1251. She promised that all Carmelites clothed in the scapular would not suffer eternal fire. The Church approved a...
- Kate: I’ve been thinking on their status lately. I guess I still don’ t understand what is left to make them fully regularize d.
- e.e.: Father spoke about the miracle at Cana generally and Mary’ ;s words to the servant: “Do whatever he tells you.” ; He reminded us that there are only a few occasions in the...
- Clinton R.: I am very suspicious of the actions and motives of His Holiness. However, I do pray for him everyday. I pray that God may grant him graces to be a faithful and worthy successor to St....
- JesusFreak84: I’ve almost given up trying to figure out what Pope Francis is thinking at any given time. I’m also curious what’ ;ll happen to these gestures towards the SSPX once...
- Hidden One: Perhaps there will be an incrementa l extension involving the Anointing of the Sick, granting universal faculties for SSPX clergy to offer it, even outside the immediate danger of death...
- Gerard Plourde: The view in Philadelph ia was spectacula r (a rare thing in the urban environmen t of the Northeast Megalopoli s). What a wonderful way to experience another manifestat ion of the...
- Gregg the Obscure: Father seized on the detail of the source of the water. This was water intended to wash off all the bad things of the outside world so that the home could be a place filled with...
- kurtmasur: I knew I was done with attending a certain parish as soon as I heard the choir sing during the Alleluia the “All eluia̶ 1; song as featured in the movie Shrek. They had played...
- Grabski: @gabrielsy me. I was raised in the shadow of the PNCC Cathedral. Their relationsh ip is “limited intercommu nion” meaning that Rome recognizes the validity of their sacraments which says...
- adriennep: Dan Schutte was part of the “St. Louis Jesuits” who back in the 1970s were singlehand edly responsibl e for the corruption of our Church music with their contempora ry folksy tunes. It...
- fmsb78: I am a SSPX attendee and just wanted to point out that if this movement finally paves the way for the so called “reg ularizatio n”, do you realize that would happen under...
- robtbrown: It is of no value to speak of pride, arrogance, and humility in this matter. It is possible to be proud and arrogant and be correct. Likewise, it is also possible to be humble and be...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- What’s up with the SSPX?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Super-Wolf-Blood Moon!
- WDTPRS: 2nd Sunday after Epiphany – liturgical unicorn
- Francis suppressed the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei”. Fr. Z remarks.
- ASK FATHER: Do I have to sing at Mass?
- Scandalous parish in @ArchdioceseSPM – public celebration of homosexuality, IVR and surrogacy
- My View For Awhile: Westward
- ASK FATHER: Finding good sponsors for confirmation
- ASK FATHER: Where can I get good Brown Scapulars?
- ASK FATHER: Friday penance on flight across International Date Line
- Public penance and public reparation
- Card. Mahony to speak at the Three Days of Darkness
- UPDATE: “the finest rosaries I’ve ever seen” with a new site
- SOS! New Chant Collection: Prière pour temps de détresse … Prayer in time of distress, suffering, urgency… SOS Chant
- ASK FATHER: St. Gertrude’s Prayer and releasing 1000 souls from Purgatory
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- When tweets become problematic
- 4th Letter from Archbishop Viganò
- 14 January – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Standing on altar to change sanctuary lamp.
- ASK FATHER: Feasts of new saints in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Good points in Lawler’s recent book: The Smoke of Satan…
- Two cordial warnings to readers
- ASK FATHER: Excessive pious gestures during Mass
- WDTPRS – Holy Family (1962MR): Families not of blood
- ASK FATHER: Can we use the Breviarium Romanum published by the SSPX?
- FOLLOW UP on Gluten and Celiac post
- ZMIRAK: Hawaii Sen. @maziehirono Is Right. We Must Intern the Knights of Columbus in Camps
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: exorcism
Preliminary note: For the last two nights, I have had nightmares. Last night was as bad as anything I have ever had and it was incredibly real. As I wrote this post, I had the dreaded BSOD. Hasn’t happened for … Continue reading
PROPOSAL TO ALL THE BISHOPS OF THESE USA FOR YOUR NOVEMBER MEETING These times call for action that priests and bishops are truly ordained for: wield spiritual authority given by Christ Himself. Let’s use all our spiritual weapons. Prayer, fasting, … Continue reading
Wherein Fr. Z comments on a @RorateCaeli post about priests, permissions and exorcism prayers. Then @fatherz rants.
At Rorate there is a post especially for priests about the proper and improper use of the exorcism prayers in the older Rituale Romanum. It’s a good service. After providing images of a 2009 letter from the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei” … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I’m a long time reader of your blog and thank you for your ministry. My wife and I are in the final stages of purchasing our first house. When we went to see the house the first … Continue reading
UPDATE: From a priest reader: I have been a priest of the archdiocese for 32 years and I am a good friend and co-worker in exorcism and deliverance ministry with…. Demons frequently mock and ridicule poor pronunciation of Latin when they … Continue reading
Here’s an idea… require all students at Catholic schools to attend a course taught by an exorcist. In Spain…. Students at Spanish college forced to take exorcism class A publically funded college [!] in Spain has told students that it is … Continue reading
Remember when Illinois gave the F-finger to God and passed same-sex marriage? Bp. Paprocki of Springfield performed an exorcism over the state. For which he is to be applauded. Catholics – traditionally – not so much today – use exorcisms. … Continue reading
On Aleteia I saw a story about the approval by the US bishops, meeting in plenary sessions now, of the English translation of the more recent, 1999 (revised 2004) rite of Exorcism. 179 to 5 It is of vital importance … Continue reading
I saw this at the Oklahoman: Satan has left the building. Roman Catholic Archbishop Paul S. Coakley and a priest performed “prayers of exorcism” to rid the Civic Center Music Hall of evil spirits that may have lingered after a … Continue reading
I make suggestions at the end. At the top, Fr. Z kudos to Bp. Boyea! From Aleteia: Catholic Parish Solves Two Problems with One Lease Catholic Parish, 1; Abortionist, 0. After years of prayer, a Catholic parish in Lansing, Michigan … Continue reading
From a priest: I am a young priest in the Diocese of ….. A number of months ago you posted from a conference on exorcism you attended in Tulsa. In one of those posts you said something to the effect … Continue reading
We had a presentation this morning, and some truly useful Q&A, followed by lunch. Now I’m happily homebound for a few days in the SPTDV. I warmly recommend this particular conference on exorcism to all priests and only those few … Continue reading
First, some tools if the trade. That’s just a little exorcist humor. Today we are looking more closely at angelology. Angels and demons ARE REAL. More later.
After taking in my recording of Downton last night via my Slingbox and DVR back at the Steam Pipe Trunk Distribution Venue, I crashed and slept the sleep of the dead. Now, refreshed, I am at the conference. I have … Continue reading