Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- iPadre: Many Bishu, Priests, … will not accept this because they will have to admit their way is a failed experiment .
- grumpyoldCatholic: . Group celebratio n of the sacrament of penance in one of several different ways, authorized by Pope Paul VI in 1973.One form has a communal penitentia l service, with individ...
- pbnelson: @WVC, as a Yankee from a long line of Yankees, I’d like you to know we’r e not all acolytes of the Cult Of Lincoln up here. I find it particular ly galling that with this...
- OldProfK: And, at the end of the day, it’s just Satan being a provocateu r…..again. I think KateD makes an excellent point here, the key being the word “pro vocateur.& #8221; The Enemy has...
- David: If you anticipate frequently removing such appliqués, I suggest against Velcro. Repeatedly removing all those tiny hooks can harm the fabric. A pin is much less destructiv e. Tape could be...
- Simon_GNR: WVC, let me correct part of what you wrote: “the Confederac y was a government of the people, for the [white] people and by the [white] peopleR 30;” There, that’ ;s...
- WVC: As a Southerner , I’d like to point out that the Confederac y was a government of the people, for the people and by the people as well, an that thanks to Lincoln 217;s war it sure as...
- carn: I’m posting here about something in the blog post prior to this one, as i think it is important, the prior post has no comments and here it is likely to be noticed: http://wdt prs.com...
- Andreas: President Lincoln, like most of the Presidents until Harding, wrote his own speeches, and for me this is the most moving. In his Smithsonia n Magazine article on this and Lincoln 217;s...
- Fr_Andrew: Velcro is tacky (pun heavily intended). I think a quick couple of basting stitches with some thin thread (like is often done on the pall to permit its laundering ) would be the least...
- Fr. Reader: Z is for Zelus.
- maternalView: There were others long before Voris. They were marginaliz ed as extreme and basically ignored. But they were reporting on these sexual and liturgical abuses (they seem to go toget...
- philosophicallyfrank: We are constantly allowing them to determine the “ter ms” to be used in this war and it is long overdue that we define the terms. First, let’ s look at the...
- maternalView: It seems to me you do the things that form community. You be active and visible. Do the ordinary things that create bonds. It seems to me it’s all about doing the things we...
- maternalView: It’s like they don’ t even know who wins in the end. Sad.
- Cincinnati Priest: CORRECTION : not to contact them EXCEPT in an emergency ….
- VonOrigen: For those interested in knowing the full story of the Address, I would commend to your attention “The Gettysburg Gospel, 221; an insightful book by my old prof at Gettysb...
- Greg Hlatky: Father William Corby, chaplain of the 88th New York regiment, gave a general absolution to the Irish Brigade before the second day of Gettysburg . Of the 3000 members of the briga...
- Matamoros: This actually relates to two weeks ago when at our parish the priest read the 5 USCCB points on migration and went on to castigate us Americans for not being more welcoming to these...
- Cincinnati Priest: tzabiega: Hmm. From the beginning of your post, I sense red flags. First, you begin announcing you want to “sha me” lazy priests. Not a very charitable motive....
- Susanna: Father, may i suggest the following tape which you can find on Amazon. I have had very good results with it in a variety of projects. Scotch Create Removable Double-Sid ed Fabric Tape, 3/4...
- Joe in Canada: The advent of call display has done wonders. “Bac k in the day” when I was on call at night, I would receive crank calls and calls from drunks crying about their late...
- Charivari Rob: That’ ;s interestin g informatio n about Eisenhower , acardnal, thank you. I might have dredged up the fact that Eisenhower ’s home (the only one he ever owned, other than...
- tho: In this day and age, there isn’ t a catholic priest who is not under pressure, because of the homosexual s abuses of many clerics. When you have a holy priest, and you complain about him...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Velcro or some other non-pin method. A pin is a catastroph e looking for a place to happen — and the place where it happens is sure not to be to your liking.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Beans v. the East – @MassimoFaggioli cheapshots Orientals
- The effect of the Extraordinary Form on vocations to the priesthood
- Dinosaur Media attack on Catholics who uphold Faith and Morals
- Truly pathetic musings at the Fishwrap about priesthood and those halcyon days of Vatican II
- 19 Nov 1863: The Gettysburg Address
- Christmas, Priests, Arms, and You
- Reliable Catholic and Pro-Life Causes
- “”Transphobia is a word created by fascists, and used by cowards, to manipulate morons”.
- ASK FATHER: My priest doesn’t carry the “emergency phone”
- Sweetheart Grips and Fortune’s Wheel
- ASK FATHER: Absolution from a heretical priest and then going to Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- To Prelates: “Don’t Pee on My Leg and Tell Me It’s Raining.”
- Pre-Post Thanksgiving, Pre-Post Christmas Shopping
- ASK FATHER: Could the Church make “communal services” the norm for the Sacrament of Penance?
- UPDATED BRICK BY BRICK in Florida! New Sunday TLM established.
- Latin-less Priests and Homeschoolers – UPDATED
- More Jesuit antics in that ‘caput malorum omnium’ the Church in Germany
- ASK FATHER: Could Latin be suppressed? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
- A solid “state of the question” VIDEO about The Present Crisis
- In how many ways is this creepy?
- HEADS WILL ROLL! A new “You won’t believe your eyes ugly” altar
- Why homosexualists hate Papa Ratzinger so much.
- My View For Awhile: Delayed Edition & Fr. Z’s Kitchen
- Solipsistic, self-aggrandizing @FatherRosica dares to vet Catholic news sources
- ASK FATHER: “I am doubting that the current Catholic Church is the Church it has always claimed to be”
- Strange Signs, the End Times and YOU
- A reader’s first impressions on attending the Extraordinary Form
- Horrifying Big Business Abortion Ad
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: exorcism
Preliminary note: For the last two nights, I have had nightmares. Last night was as bad as anything I have ever had and it was incredibly real. As I wrote this post, I had the dreaded BSOD. Hasn’t happened for … Continue reading
PROPOSAL TO ALL THE BISHOPS OF THESE USA FOR YOUR NOVEMBER MEETING
These times call for action that priests and bishops are truly ordained for: wield spiritual authority given by Christ Himself.
Let’s use all our spiritual weapons. Prayer, fasting, almsgiving, mortifications, … Continue reading
Wherein Fr. Z comments on a @RorateCaeli post about priests, permissions and exorcism prayers. Then @fatherz rants.
At Rorate there is a post especially for priests about the proper and improper use of the exorcism prayers in the older Rituale Romanum. It’s a good service.
After providing images of a 2009 letter from the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei” with … Continue reading
From a reader…
I’m a long time reader of your blog and thank you for your ministry.
My wife and I are in the final stages of purchasing our first house. When we went to see the house the first time we noticed … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
I have been a priest of the archdiocese for 32 years and I am a good friend and co-worker in exorcism and deliverance ministry with…. Demons frequently mock and ridicule poor pronunciation of Latin when they manifest during … Continue reading
Here’s an idea… require all students at Catholic schools to attend a course taught by an exorcist.
Students at Spanish college forced to take exorcism class
A publically funded college [!] in Spain has told students that it is compulsory to attend … Continue reading
Remember when Illinois gave the F-finger to God and passed same-sex marriage? Bp. Paprocki of Springfield performed an exorcism over the state. For which he is to be applauded.
Catholics – traditionally – not so much today – use exorcisms.
There are … Continue reading
On Aleteia I saw a story about the approval by the US bishops, meeting in plenary sessions now, of the English translation of the more recent, 1999 (revised 2004) rite of Exorcism. 179 to 5
It is of vital importance that … Continue reading
I saw this at the Oklahoman:
Satan has left the building.
Roman Catholic Archbishop Paul S. Coakley and a priest performed “prayers of exorcism” to rid the Civic Center Music Hall of evil spirits that may have lingered after a satanic “black … Continue reading
I make suggestions at the end.
At the top, Fr. Z kudos to Bp. Boyea!
Catholic Parish Solves Two Problems with One Lease
Catholic Parish, 1; Abortionist, 0.
After years of prayer, a Catholic parish in Lansing, Michigan found a way to get … Continue reading
From a priest:
I am a young priest in the Diocese of ….. A number of months ago you posted from a conference on exorcism you attended in Tulsa. In one of those posts you said something to the effect that … Continue reading
We had a presentation this morning, and some truly useful Q&A, followed by lunch.
Now I’m happily homebound for a few days in the SPTDV.
I warmly recommend this particular conference on exorcism to all priests and only those few others a … Continue reading
First, some tools if the trade.
That’s just a little exorcist humor.
Today we are looking more closely at angelology.
Angels and demons ARE REAL.
After taking in my recording of Downton last night via my Slingbox and DVR back at the Steam Pipe Trunk Distribution Venue, I crashed and slept the sleep of the dead. Now, refreshed, I am at the conference. I have … Continue reading