- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- lucindatcm said Thank you for the podcast, Father!
- Lex Orandi said A family member recently revealed that he is gay a...
- lmo1968 said Please pray for me that I get a job soon, and that...
- Mojoron said One of those images looks familiar from a video cl...
- mburduck said Most of the kids in that one picture need a good w...
- Tamquam said Their five-yearly report blamed a “drastic secular...
- Mojoron said I really had to think back to 1967, one year out o...
- Robbie said Why don’t men come to Mass in the numbers th...
- albinus1 said The Orthodox don’t seem to have this problem...
- Andrew Saucci said For what it is worth, the schola at the extraordin...
- Andrew Saucci said Fifty years later, the lonely, desolate center of...
- RJHighland said The Novus Ordo plain and simply removed the Univer...
- Suburbanbanshee said I thought of Dorothy L. Sayers’ in-character...
- Suburbanbanshee said There’s no question that the Church is havin...
- Fr Martin Fox said Why don’t men come to Mass? See the lovely p...
- Suburbanbanshee said Please pray for Mrs. Darwin at Darwin Catholic; sh...
- MaterDei said Please pray for my Latin Mass community. Our pries...
- The Wimpification of Catholicism | The American Catholic said [...] Go here to read the rest. Catholicism tradi...
- trentecoastal39 said I Say…. 50 Years of Abuse is Enough! NOVUS O...
- Lin said After reading this post, music during the Eucharis...
- dean24us said That should have read “…noticing the d...
- dean24us said While there many legitimate concerns a person coul...
- Joseph-Mary said http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/12/50-years-...
- Rachel Pineda said “Much of our Church culture has imbibed a pa...
- Charles E Flynn said At Catholic World Report: December 04, 2013 Dom A...
- Elly said I agree, but I have also noticed that there are mo...
- greinkebs said I hope the video of the circus “mass”...
- HighMass said Dominic1955, Have you ever heard of bugnini’...
- Rachel K said Thankyou Father, I managed to listen again today....
- Mike said Listened; thank you!
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 1 Dec: St. Nahum, Prophet of the Old Testment
- ADVENTCAzT 01: 1st Sunday of Advent – WAKE UP!
- We are on one side of the threshold we shall soon cross.
- GUEST POST: “…and my wife said, ‘But that’s a good thing!’”
- Reason #10 for Summorum Pontificum
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: fallen away Catholics
My friends of the Latin Mass Society in England have a new and worthy initiative.
The Sodality of St Augustine of Hippo
From the website:
The purpose of the Sodality is to unite the prayers of members for the conversion of those dear to … Continue reading
A few weeks ago I attended a talk given by Tom Peterson who created VirtueMedia.org and CatholicsComeHome.org
Perhaps you have seen some of his commercials.
Here is the latest, with Coach Lou Holtz.
Here, in case you haven’t seen one of them, is … Continue reading
In another entry, about implementing Summorum Pontificum in a parish, my correspondent mentioned awareness that we must help fallen away Catholics back to Holy Church.
In this Year of Faith we should act concretely to bring Catholics back to the sacraments. Their … Continue reading
I am sure you have heard that on Sundays the largest Catholic congregations are actually at fundamentalist mega-churches.
I saw this on Catholic Culture:
Roughly one-fifth of the Catholics in the US are not associated with a parish, a new study has … Continue reading
From a reader, edited:
I was raised catholic and as so many have fallen away from the church, unfortunately very far. I am trying to find my way back and am wondering what suggestions you would give as a place to … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to an initiative undertaken in the Archdiocese of Atlanta and the Diocese of Savanah.
Here is an excerpt from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
The archdiocese, in partnership with the Catholic Diocese of Savannah, is embarking on an aggressive … Continue reading
A great initiative reported by ZENIT:
Chicago-Area Dioceses to Invite Catholics Home
Ad Campaign to Span 21 Counties, 357 Parishes
By Genevieve Pollock
CHICAGO, DEC. 4, 2009 (Zenit.org).- The local parish communities of the Chicago, Joliet and Rockford dioceses are joining forces to invite … Continue reading