Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Kerry said “We must join with Sauron, Gandalf”.
- arga said It’s completely obvious what this pope and h...
- jameeka said OK, Father Z, I will make the prayer more SPECIFIC...
- Aquinas Gal said They’re so naive they think that PP has good...
- Jacob said My university book store circa 2000 sold the Pine...
- Kathleen10 said About five years ago there was a conference of som...
- benedetta said So, when they say “reduce”…did t...
- Kyle said “Let’s face it. It’s time for the Catholic c...
- Mike said Henry, I read Sire’s book this summer. Very...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Hans, ‘Wretched’? (S below W on the ke...
- GypsyMom said Unbelievable. Faced with the undeniable proof that...
- Cantor said I disagree only with the notation that “the...
- Charles E Flynn said Wife No. 19...
- JoAnna said “Reuters reports that Eric Ferrero, Vice Pre...
- Kerry said Or the argument from reason; the Church has alread...
- Kerry said “To Infinity and beyond…um”, to...
- Jethrah said I predicted age of consent laws would be abolished...
- Daniel W said Paul M, I think we are using “marriage”...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “The difference is, polygamy is quite normal...
- iamlucky13 said “Ultimately, I think the true goal is elimin...
- Bosco said I saw this piece in The Guardian today and I think...
- clarinetist04 said Vandoren 3.5 56 rue lepics! Of the French school,...
- Hans said What is ‘srethced’ (nothing is more sr...
- wmeyer said Ultimately, I think the true goal is elimination o...
- Giuseppe said In the US, particularly among the poor and also in...
- JenniO said Here”s a dubious use of 21st Century communi...
- SummerMarigold said I grew up a non-Mormon in Mormon land (I am 30) an...
- Seamus said What exactly is the problem with the Chadwick tran...
- anilwang said Ultimately, I think the true goal is elimination...
- Magash said “Whereas homosexuality is, quite simply, a m...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Down with pews! Away with them! (104)
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – DX SUCCESS! (91)
- What is this thing? No, really! What is this? (57)
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service? (34)
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants. (33)
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies? (30)
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope? (25)
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences (23)
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio – CONTACT SCHEDULING POST (15)
- ASK FATHER: Does a declaration of nullity mean a marriage never existed? (14)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Even For Fishwrap a new low
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then…
- Huge petition askes Pope Francis for clarity about marriage
- How St. Augustine came to be in Hippo
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- The Bones of St. Augustine
- St. Monnica avoided alcoholism
- ACTION ITEM REMINDER: Birettas for Seminarians
- St. Monnica: “put my body anywhere”
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences
- Pope John Paul – The Pope People Forget To Remember
- ASK FATHER: What documents are needed for us to marry?
- Down with pews! Away with them!
- ASK FATHER: Does a declaration of nullity mean a marriage never existed?
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies?
- My View For Awhile: Drought Edition
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service?
- Guess what Gospel reading is on the Sunday during the Synod.
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio – CONTACT SCHEDULING POST
- Sept-Nov 2015: Relics of St. Maria Goretti in these USA!
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope?
- WDTPRS – 13th Sunday after Pentecost: “E ‘n la sua volontade è nostra pace!”
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Pope Francis attended Mass in St. Peter’s on Feast of St. Pius X
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – DX SUCCESS!
- WDTPRS: 21st Sunday of Ordinary Time – When “virtues” are replaced by “values”.
- What is this thing? No, really! What is this?
- 29 Sept – Holy Innocents -Manhattan – BLUE MASS… TLM!
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: family
The other day I wrote about two upcoming books. The “sequel” to the Five Cardinals Book™ is coming. HERE The Eleven Cardinals Book™ is on its way. Eleven Cardinals Speak On Marriage and the Family Edited by Winfried Aymans the Eleven … Continue reading
I received word of a conference coming up in Rome. The conference is clearly part of an organized effort to influence the proceedings of the upcoming Synod of Bishop on the family… and not in a good way. This … Continue reading
Remember the secretive, liberal, French, Swiss, German meeting of the circle around Card. Kasper’s proposal at the Gregorian University? They met to strategize about how to use the upcoming Synod, et al. Remember the recent meeting of presidents of … Continue reading
ACTION ITEM! US CLERGY! Sign letter urging Synod to uphold Catholic teaching on marriage and family!
I want to bump this to the top so that more priests will see it after a busy weekend. ____ Published on: Apr 25, 2015 @ 9:58 _____ You will recall that hundreds of priests in England signed a letter, published … Continue reading
The other day I posted about an open letter, in the UK’s weekly the Catholic Herald, signed by almost 500 priests of England and Wales. The letter urged the members of the upcoming Synod in October to stand firm on the … Continue reading
At the UK’s Catholic Herald, for which I write a weekly column, find the following: Nearly 500 priests in England and Wales urge synod to stand firm on Communion for the remarried Priests says that doctrine and practice must ‘remain … Continue reading
This is pretty interesting… From Breitbart: EUROPEAN ROYALTY APPEALS TO POPE FRANCIS ON CHURCH TEACHING A coalition of royals, prelates, and Catholic activists have sent a “filial appeal” to Pope Francis asking him to hold the line on Church teaching … Continue reading
In the lead up (already) to next October’s Synod, the continuation of last October’s wild ride with its bizarre rules, backroom maneuvers, and strange proposals, Africa (pace Card. Kasper) is coming into its own. I saw this at the National … Continue reading
At the blog Witness for Church and Pope I saw this (my emphases): BREAKING NEWS from POLAND: Archbishop Henryk Hoser: “The Church has betrayed John Paul II…they did not follow his voice, they did not acquaint themselves with his teaching” … Continue reading
In Rome we have been seeing members of the Schoenstaat movement all over the place, as they gather for centenary celebrations. Pope Francis addressed them and had some things to say about the state of the family today. From EWTN/CNA: … Continue reading