HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- adriennep: People should take action and DO something, like form an Una Voce group in your area if you have no Latin Mass available in your parish. Una Voce America’s web site currently has an...
- Semper Gumby: RK3 wrote: “In leftists cities they have been shown to stand down and not protect innocent persons merely because of the innocent persons’ political and/or religious beliefs...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: They call it “cho pped” ;. And it’s really good.
- robtbrown: Should be: That people in power use to try to justify questionab le actions.
- LeeGilbert: At least in my opinion this is the best argument you have ever made for the importance of the liturgy as formation/ instructio n/cateches is. Until this morning I’ve been in the...
- Semper Gumby: God bless Fr. Kolbe. From a recent article about Dachau and the ordination of Blessed Karl Leisner: Dachau was, for years, the “world’s largest rectory” or “the world’s largest...
- G1j: ThanksR 30;My wife and I enjoyed these very much. AgreedR 30;.The NASA idea would have been classic.
- RK3: It is annoying when people like Bishop Barron say “we all… ” Speak for yourself. Notably, he has suggested the possibilit y and/or likelihood that nobody is in hell. Of...
- Joseph: Please help me pray for peace of mind and sense of direction in my life. I currently feel lost and feel that I have no purpose here. I’m also left with very few friends so I am lonely...
- John Pomeroy: A twitter thing from John Dvorak (whom I’ve been reading since what… ;. 1980 and BYTE?) A priest was talking to a group of kids about “bei ng good” ; and going...
- Patrick71: “Mor eover, I keep hearing from seminarian s and the newly ordained that the majority in ordination classes each say – or want to say – the TLM for their First Mass.̶ 1; A...
- robtbrown: Damian Thompson is his usual articulate self, with a keen eye for the liberal absurditie s that people in power try to justify. Ed Condon, however, sounds like a papalotrou s spin...
- xgenerationcatholic: Had gum surgery today.. I am trying to offer it up but this is very painful and it is dull to just rest and do nothing. Thank you for praying although this is very minor in the...
- jaykay: How beautiful those prayers of the blessing of incense and of the Altar and offerings are! “Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth, and a door round about my lips. May my heart not...
- Kathleen10: Damian lost me at 8:52, when he said Francis “has n’t made any changes unless you count what he did with the death penalty, and I think he was right about that… ;R...
- TheBackPew: I’m beginning to think a pilgrimage may be in order. We can start and end in Gower for spiritual nourishmen t and find a few spots in between for physical sustenance via smoked...
- Kent Wendler: Father, I was going to ask if you had tried Ella’ ;s Deli, but I see it closed. But I guess there is still Das Essen Haus. (However, I don’ t think I could eat those...
- John21: As you say, Father Z, never underestim ate the impact of an invitation . I think Bishop Barron would be open to talking with you. His Word on Fire platform has a broad reach, and getting...
- Semper Gumby: The Planet of the Apes stunt is hilarious. As for the gentleman driving the jeep, nothing says Open Carry like a .50 Cal. Brings to mind another great meme: GySgt. R Lee Ermey barking...
- Gab: Thank you, Father, for taking the time to admonish me. You are correct in everything you wrote. My pride has been well castigated and I am humbled. I take on board everything you said and...
- tho: Our Bishops remind me of the Democratic candidates , who are in love with socialism. Socialism has been tried in many countries, and has produced unpreceden ted disasters. When the affec...
- Semper Gumby: un-ionized : You make a good point about etiquette. Though, your “piz za eating savages 221; evokes a pleasant, bucolic scene: shaggy barbarians wearing horned helmets...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: TheBackPew says: Kansas City It has indeed been too long. I look forward to an invitation and some great time catching up. However, even by your standards this guy’ s got...
- TheBackPew: Looks like it has been too long since the good padre visited Kansas City.
- bibi1003: Fr. Z, I’d like to add one other thing to your excellent “cal l to actionR 21; list. Please Fathers, remind us sternly to dress modestly in the best clothes we have,...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
- Adventures in “gay” ad blocking
- Lighter Fare For Friday
- ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
- The latest podcast on the upcoming Synod from Damian, Unbound. “@HolySmoke” is right!
- ASK FATHER: Why didn’t Benedict XVI say the #TLM? How can we get one? What does the future look like?
- @JamesMartinSJ praises preaching by a religious sister. Let’s consider what he praised!
- VIDEO: 1950 – Pius XII infallibly proclaims the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Shoot up in Philadelphia – cops injured. I’m a simple guy and I’m worried.
- ASK FATHER: Priest puts up scandalous “gay” flag for annual public “pride” week. Bishop: zero help.
- Your Good News
- A Black Mass in the Vatican at the time of Vatican II?
- BACK TO SCHOOL TIME?
- 14 Aug -St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, #HamRadio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media! #CQ
- It’s no surprise at all that Catholics don’t know or believe about the Eucharist. After all, worship is doctrine and we are our rites!
- A quick look at some ‘c’atholic media
- BOOK : A guide for forming Catholic gentlemen and future priests – and a mini rant.
- ASK FATHER: Am I obliged to tell an old priest about his liturgical ad libs?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – What Catholics DO BELIEVE about the Eucharist!
- WDTPRS – 19th Ordinary Sunday: Father God, not Stranger God
- ASK FATHER: Was I automatically excommunicated?
- Fr. Murray makes a point – VIDEO
- Great. Just… great! Another thing to worry about.
- CNA: “This is not the first low-quality document the Synod secretariate has produced”
- UPDATE! Navy Chaplain’s replacement vestments – DELIVERED!
- @CCPecknold writes on belief in the Eucharist and Fr. Z rants at length
- 9 August – St. Edith Stein – Her dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio: Very cool idea – “Shrines on the Air” Special Event?
- ACTION ITEM: Spiritual Bouquet for Bp. Hying
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: family
Once again this year I offer short daily podcasts to help you prepare for the upcoming feast as well as for your own, personal, meeting with the Lord. Here is ADVENTCAzT 13, for Friday of the 2nd Week of Advent … Continue reading
The other day I posted – HERE – about the truly weird vestments designed for the upcoming World Meeting of Families in Dublin. At first, I objected to the impression given by the pastel colors chosen. It seems to me that, … Continue reading
CHRISTMASCAzT 2017 29: Family in charity, not diversity, tolerance, inclusivity, sensitivity, choice …
Here is CHRISTMASCAzT 29, for Sunday in the Octave of Christmas, the Feast of the Holy Family in the Ordinary Form calendar. Sister Lucia, the long-lived seer at Fatima, told the late-Card. Caffarra (R.I.P.): “A time will come when the … Continue reading
There is a long standing political tool employed to eliminate opposition which is associated with the past, or a defeated regime. You can see evidence of this tool all around Rome, in monuments both ancient and recent. It is called damnatio memoriae… … Continue reading
I have gotten to know Ruth Institute and its chief Jennifer Roback Morse over the years at Acton University. I direct the married and the engaged, and those who sense that their vocation is to the married life, to this … Continue reading
Today, Friday 13 May 2016, is the 99th anniversary of the Our Lady’s first appearance to the three shepherd children near Fatima, Portugal. Next year: 100. Portentous, given what’s going on in the Church these days. I, for one, am … Continue reading
UPDATE: I fixed the glitch at 24:02-24-22. Sorry about that. It was a lot of reading – with interruptions – and editing together. If you had an “overlap” in that time range, you can download again or listen again and … Continue reading
In the Novus Ordo, or Ordinary Form of the Roman Rite, on Sunday after Christmas we focus on the Holy Family. Our context is Octave of the Nativity of the Lord. An “octave” is a period of eight days when … Continue reading
I’ve added more feedback. _____ ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED Published on: Oct 25, 2015 @ 18:10 As I mentioned in an earlier post, since I have been on pilgrimage, I’ve tried to be in as much of a Synod Free Zone as possible. … Continue reading
My friend Fr Murray has good comments in his EWTN analysis of the Synod’s work: Fr. Murray touches on Pope Francis’ words about decentralization of the Curia. Robert Royal admits that he doesn’t know what Francis meant by decentralization and … Continue reading
The formerly nearly ubiquitous John L. Allen, Jr. has an outstanding interview with the great Francis Card. Arinze, 82 year old Cardinal Bishop of Velletri-Segni and quondam Prefect of Divine Worship. Allen dubs His Eminence as Africa’s Lion in Winter. HERE … Continue reading
1726 GMT: I just saw Card. Napier live on EWTN who had come directly from the Synod Hall. He made a bit of a correction to his own correction/addition of Fr Rosica. Be sure to pay attention to this. ____ … Continue reading
Francis in Philadelphia speaking off the cuff about the family with a more or less simultaneous translator. Start at 1:58:29 to about 2:20:30
As I am in Tokyo, I haven’t kept my eyes glued to coverage of the papal visit of Pope Francis. I did, however, tune in via Slingbox to watch His Holiness address Congress. I had wished for stronger, clearer, obvious, … Continue reading