Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Nathan: This strikes me as something that good Catholic journalist s might want to pursue. I’m wondering what a little sunlight on the use of psychiatri c referral as a tool for persecutin g...
- Netmilsmom: aquinasadm irer – In my area there is a tax from the Diocese on all income to the parish with the exception of The Christmas offering and the candles. People in my area are saving...
- WVC: Obviously this is awful, and another example of how the evil people of the modern world use the system to destroy good people. The system is currently designed to give power to those who are...
- frjimt: its not just happening to conservati ve vs liberal vs moderate 8230; it is happening to anyone who steps out of their line… ; been happening for awhileR 30; lets stop dividing our...
- scotus: Eoin OBolguidhi r said: “I’m surprised more don’t go to the SSPX, SSPV, FSSP, or where ever people are more sympatheti c to tradition. ” So am I, in a way, especially regarding seminarian s...
- JRP: Just came here to say that the first part about being sent for an evaluation and getting told nothing much was a problem while the report was used as justificat ion to show me the door was...
- Sonshine135: Having a son, who is a seminarian , with a “hen s tooth̶ 1; for a Bishop, I am absolutely disgusted by reading this. Time to start naming names. These people are wolves in...
- Semper Gumby: “So, Augustus brought about the conditions of peace necessary for the Incarnatio n of the Lord and, moreover, His escape from Herod. As The Great Roman texted me today: “Travel...
- L.: My former parish priest was clued into this several years ago. He was on the outs with the Vicar General because he was not cool with the VG being an active homosexual , and this put him on the...
- Eoin OBolguidhir: This is a common ploy for getting rid of other profession als as well, such as professors , employed physicians , and lawyers, as well as for excluding seminarian s. Father...
- IRATVS MAXIMVS: I never thought our Church would not only throw the Chinese faithful under the bus for the sake of appeasemen t, but also implement the methods of their persecutor s interna...
- aquinasadmirer: How can I keep my weekly offering at my parish from funding this … foolishnes s? How much can a bishop “tax ” a parish for funds? We just had our fall festival at...
- richiedel: The image of Nurse Ratchet is fitting. In one scene she gets the patients all riled up in group therapy and when McMurphy realized what she did he looks at her incredulou sly and she...
- Hidden One: Sounds like St. Luke’ ;s might just be open to a lawsuit or two… .
- MrsMacD: So on a practical level we need a law-firm and insurance company totally dedicated to defending the Church, end of liability dictating what the Church does. Maybe we also need a counter...
- Semper Gumby: Thanks Fr. Z and Miss Bee.
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Rutler. “Con demning the privatizat ion of water resources, Pope Francis implied that a large burden of fault is to be blamed on Western capitalist s. However, an...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: The “I am the devil̶ 1; remark bespeaks a preoccupat ion with self, and also seems not without a trace of self-pity, both of which are unsuitable in a clergym...
- Joe in Canada: When Pope John Paul II wrote ‘ord inatio sacerdotal is’ in 1994, the document was not presented to the faithful in Quebec. The bishops said “how could we promulg...
- un-ionized: Imrahil, the St. Michael prayer which is short enough to be memorized easily isn’ t the entire prayer, which can be found in the 1952 Raccolta. It is very interestin g, especia...
- TonyO: Sseprn, Tony EsolenR 17;s article makes a great point. Or several, really. Perhaps goes beyond the scope of what he was pointing out, but the process of corruption that occurs in the...
- quomodocumque: I have I on good authority that the Chinese “bis hops” ; are all unbaptized athiests who were simply hired for the job. The was no consecrati on in either the old rite or...
- Johann: Cardinal Juan Luis Cipriani Thorne banned communion in the hand when he was made Archbishop of Lima, Peru. Cardinals Robert Sarah and Raymond Burke have also called for communion to be...
- chantgirl: Can we ever imagine Cupich locking the doors of a church so that an LGBT group could not celebrate a rainbow Mass? Some Catholics aren’ ;t as welcome as other Catholics.
- chantgirl: If Cupich has the “dut y to ensure that those who serve our faithful are fully able to minister to them in the way our Church expects 221;, then surely his seminarian s are...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Read and weep: Soviet style “psych” tactics used against priests by bishops.
- When they claim “Clericalism!”, they really mean #sodoclericalism
- My View For Awhile: Humidity Edition
- ASK FATHER: Is a Communion plate or paten a “sacred vessel”?
- OCTOBER – ROME – Annual #SumPont2018 Pilgrimage
- Thanks to Augustus on his birthday and to the Cohors Italicus
- If government leaders in China can now choose bishops, then in these USA…
- Francis trades quips with Polish photographer in Vilnius
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Archbp. Chaput of @ArchPhilly on upcoming Synod’s working document. Concerns.
- UPDATE – @ArchChicago parish burns a “rainbow flag”
- THIS IS WAR! Wherein Fr. Z calls on bishops and priests to FIGHT BACK as priests and bishops!
- Akita, Communion in the hand, and homosexuality
- Card. Zen on the “Provisional Agreement” with the PRC on Bishops
- WDTPRS – 25th Ordinary Sunday: Each love fuels the other, when love of God is first.
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray on aspects of The Present Crisis
- ASK FATHER: Adding water to Holy Water
- ASK FATHER: If in letters Benedict XVI imparts still the Apostolic Blessing…
- A story of spectacular complexity, involving shady people, huge money, interlocking directorates, vast loans, and the Papal Foundation.
- One Mad Mom spanks James Martin, LGBTSJ – UPDATED
- Bishop R. Walker Nickless of Sioux City on #ViganoTestimony
- And now a word from our sponsor…
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Vatican I: The Council and the Making of the Ultramontane Church
- The upcoming Synod’s “working document”
- ASK FATHER: Should we pray for or against the success of the Synod?
- What passes for important today.
- YOU are other people. It’s always someone else… until it’s YOU.
- ASK FATHER: Are we are in the End Times?
- Fr. Murray’s Open Letter to ex-Card. McCarrick. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Cri de Coeur about lost innocence and The Present Crisis
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: feminism
Allow me to preface this with the reminder that I hate squirrels.
That said, I promise you I am not making this up.
I was alerted to this from the – no… really… Journal of Feminist Geography.
Here is an abstract of a contribution … Continue reading
Those zany Lutherans over at Lutheran Satire have another video.
I hope these guys will come into unity with the Church right after the SSPX is reconciled!
I wonder if most of the writers for the Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) – deep down – hate the Church.
That’s a horrible thought, but how else can one explain this sort of thing?
An article about how evil the Church is … Continue reading
This is one of the stupidest things I have seen for a while.
NRO picked up on something from HuffPo. HERE
Adverbs are, apparently, evil.
Adverbs: They’re hurting people. According to a piece in the Huffington Post, the word “too” is sexist and … Continue reading
Over at Amerika Magazine‘s single redeeming feature there is a fascinating interview with a fascinating gal, Camille Paglia. Here are a couple samples. I think she’s dead wrong about a whole raft of things, but a) she’s honest and b) she’s … Continue reading
At Emangelization there is a long interview with His Eminence Raymond Leo (which means “Lion”) Card. Burke. His Eminence is not going quietly into the good night, as I am sure his enemies had wanted… since they couldn’t get more. … Continue reading
The Holy Father had an interview with the Italian daily Il Messaggero. It isn’t all that revelatory and I suspect that not too many people will be excited about it.
There is little more statism in it. One thing to note, … Continue reading
I have enjoyed reading Camille Paglia for a long time. I fervently oppose many of her positions, of course. BUT… she is tough and honest and clear and, oh boy, can she write. Reading her scary-good prose is an unsettling … Continue reading
The feminists who can read, and there aren’t that many, have figured out Pope Francis and they don’t like him.
They are already subtly trashing him. However, they know they are going against a populist icon. They don’t have a chance … Continue reading
One of the greatest victories of feminists and left – including their catholic dupes and water-carriers – was to divorce the issue abortion from civil rights (and in the context of the Church, social justice) and twist it instead into … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
I hope all the regular readers of the Fishwrap, Call to Action’s army of Willie Nelson Impersonators (of both sexes), and pro-abortion catholic democrats, and the Irish Association of Catholic Priests enjoy this post I found at … Continue reading