Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: Did the good archbishop change his name recently? Bp Samuel Aquila, but bishop Salvatore Cordileone .
- Mater: For contemplat ive, try Trappistin es, Mt. St. Mary’ ;s Wrentham, MA https://ww w.msmabbey .org/ Poor Clare̵ 7;s, Barhamsvil le, VA http://www .poor-clar es.org/ Carmelites ,...
- Fr Martin Fox: Hvon: If anyone were to do as you say, it might indeed impede priests from acting, because they were concerned about violating the seal. However, I cannot fathom the depravity of...
- Sue: I’m one of the 7 Sisters in our parish. It’s hard to not pray for ALL priests at that intentiona l time and yet there̵ 7;s all the rest of the time in the week for that....
- Joy65: Father Z I was “con vincedR 21; by the Holy Spirit around this time last year to start praying in an intentiona l special way for ALL Priests, Religious Brothers and Siste...
- majuscule: It’s really sad to see some of the blogospher e comments about how the good archbishop is “not doing enough” or “not going far enough”. Yet the only suggestion s I hear are that he...
- Chris in Maryland 2: The Lion-Heart ed. A worthy apostle – of the Lion of Judah. God send down your Holy Spirit with Fire, and your Archangel Michael, and give us your grace, to bash down the...
- WmHesch: There used to be indulgence s for folks who formed pious unions: the 7 GloriaR 17;s and 1 Ave said by 3 persons conjointly comes to mind (Raccolta, 2)
- christopherschaefer: Perfect timing: the only color missing is lavender. This ‘family’ meeting, at which homosexual activist Fr. James Martin SJ will be keynote speaker, was organized by Archbis...
- Benedict Joseph: “Raw ambition.& #8221; A powerful ascription to a core problem. The first time I encountere d it in monastic life I was floored, not so much by its existence, but by the lack...
- trekkie4christ: Father, I wholeheart edly agree with your sentiments . However, ‘loa th’ is an adjective, not a verb. I think you mean ‘loa the’ instead.
- DavidR: So. Did he call for resignatio n, laicizatio n, arrest, and imprisonme nt of the guilty? Until that occurs, it’s just more posturing for consumptio n by the masses(pun intended). Put...
- Semper Gumby: Amen.
- Semper Gumby: God bless Abp. Cordileone and faithful bishops.
- MitisVis: Here is a link to the SF Archdioces e and the letter: https://sf archdioces e.org/docu ments/2018 /8/Letter% 20to%20the %20People% 20of%20the %20Archdio cese%208.1 7.18.pdf Archbp....
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Even more impressive is a bishop who not only exhorts his priests and people to do penance but also undertakes to do it himself.
- DJAR: If you want to see a true pastor, scroll down at the link. If you don’ t have time, go to minute 23 and listen to what this holy and humble bishop has to say about his office. The whole...
- mulieribus: I don’ t think it is as easy as this, Father. It is rather complicate d to discern if one can go. My entire large family recently went through this, and it was painful. First...
- majuscule: When you wrote in another post about the need for bishops to perform a Rite of Exorcism over their dioceses I immediatel y thought that would be something Archbishop Cordileone would do....
- HvonBlumenthal: Fr Fox, Thank you. Here’s what I would do if I were an unrepentan t paedophile priest: I would systematic ally go to every priest in my diocese, as well as my bishop, any auxilia...
- Fallibilissimo: I’ve heard it referred to as “the lust of the clergyR 21;. This whole episode just goes to show us what frail creatures we humans really are. May God protect our...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: More feedback: Thank you for your brutal honesty. It is what is necessary, has always been necessary or you end up where we are now. Based on your post, do you think it is not a...
- Fallibilissimo: That sounds like a GREAT idea! Actually, you’ re reminding me of Fr Amorth! Incidental ly, he used to say that he couldnR 17;t absolve half the Bishops of the world in...
- Suburbanbanshee: Masked Chicken – I suspect that someone actually a prophet, or someone known to be a “liv ing saint,R 21; could help, like a Mother Teresa or a Blessed Solanus...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: I love these people who – RIGHT AWAY – jump in and say, “The y won’ t do it.” Oh YEAH! Ask them yourself. You’ ve got a pen and an envelo...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Terrific movement of prayer for priests: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Archbp. Cordileone’s Letter to the people of @ArchdioceseSF Fr. Z kudos and a mini-rant.
- Wherein Fr. Z offers one of the hardest posts he has ever written – UPDATED WITH YOUR COMMENTS
- PROPOSAL to all the Bishops of these USA for your November 2018 Meeting
- Card. Burke interviewed by Raymond Arroyo. The Cardinal’s advice.
- Insightful observation about Pope Francis – UPDATES!
- ASK FATHER: Lethal force against homosexual aggression in seminary?
- Search within the text for the word “reparation”. Zero.
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to a wedding at an SSPX chapel?
- Yeahhh… this is exactly the right time to dress our clergy in pastels.
- The Rite of Degradation From The Order of Priesthood. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr Z calls for solidarity
- The PA Grand Jury Report
- AN OPEN APPEAL TO THE CARDINALS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
- ASK FATHER: Your questions weigh heavily
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: “I now have doubt about sorting the doctrinal from the papal opinion.” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Faithful, active women religious. Where to go?
- St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, ham radio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media!
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Beans in a bottle, and Beans in a bubble.
- A Tale of Two Churches
- Your Good News – Mass for Benefactors
- Non-Catholics and Catholics alike wonder about changes to CCC 2276 on death penalty
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATE: Photos of seminarians Solemn Mass
- PODCAzT 165: Liturgical battles lost and won… and lost; don Camillo (Part X)
- Super creepy poster for “gay” conference reveals agenda
- Controversy over the Holy Father’s substitution of CCC 2267 continues.
- Omnium Gatherum: Francis falling, beans in flasks, Fishwrap’s Defarge, sexual abuse by nuns
- ASK FATHER: Invalidly married niece coming to visit with husband. What to do?
- ASK FATHER: Our Lady, Queen of the Clergy – “Young priests would like to know more…”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Five Cardinals Book
Andrea Gagliarducci has a thought provoking offering for his weekly Vatican Monday.
He raises the question of who will defend the legacy, the magisterium of Pope John Paul II.
He writes about the Left, liberal sex-obsessed agenda: Humanae vitae and those issues that … Continue reading
A reading from the first apology of Justin Martyr in defense of the Christians, c. 100-165
No one may share in the Eucharist except those who believe in the truth of our teachings and have been washed in the bath which … Continue reading
The Italian site La Nuova Bussola has learned that, in advance of the upcoming Synod of Bishops on the family, yet another “Cardinals Book” is being released.
This time, however, its the “Eleven Cardinals Book™”!
This is sure to strike terror in … Continue reading
Folks, I’m aware there will be a lot to read in the upcoming three months about the Synod on the Family in October. I am wary of overdoing it on the blog. I don’t want synod-fatigue to set in.
… … Continue reading
At his Wednesday General Audience, His Holiness Pope Francis spoke on the situation of the divorced and civilly remarried. The MSM has inadequate reports about what the Pope said.
First, let’s be clear about something.
People who marry in the Church and … Continue reading
A the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, there is a piece you readers of the Fishwrap might want to peruse. The writer points to a sermon recently given by His Eminence Vincent Card. Nichols of Westminster at … Continue reading
I received the great news that the Five Cardinals Book™ is now out in POLISH. HERE
It isn’t just out in Polish, it received an endorsement from the Polish Bishops Conference.
That is quite a step. That means that the Polish Bishops … Continue reading
It seems that this story about #Synodgate is being picked up by lots of people.
What will be really interesting to watch is who does not pick this up.
_____ ORIGINAL Published on: Feb 25, 2015 @ 9:32
I have wanted to write about this … Continue reading